PDA

View Full Version : are the Warriors the best offensive team ever?

ewing
12-08-2015, 11:39 PM
IDK. This is crazy.

tredigs
12-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Statistically you could argue that for this season, but I want to see it through the post-season again and in a more dominant fashion. Lotta games left and they haven't faced some of the best teams yet.

ewing
12-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Statistically you could argue that for this season, but I want to see it through the post-season again and in a more dominant fashion. Lotta games left and they haven't faced some of the best teams yet.

I'm just finishing the 1st half of this game and its nuts. Ever shot is a good one. They get any look they want and shoot the **** out of the ball

tredigs
12-08-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm just finishing the 1st half of this game and its nuts. Ever shot is a good one. They get any look they want and shoot the **** out of the ball

Yeah, I mean their ball movement is incredible and the attention Curry along with that creates a ton of good looks for everyone. Adjusted for pace they're on track to have the most assists per game as a team ever, and they have a combination of the 2nd most 3pt attempts per game ever along with the highest 3pt shooting% ever. Just posted this a little earlier but their offensive rating is the highest ever above the late 80's Lakers/Celtics and 91 Bulls. Still, a lot of meat on this bone and those teams won the title.

Scoots
12-09-2015, 12:06 AM
I don't know ... IF someone could force them into playing big and scoring inside their best option is their backup PG. Nobody has forced it yet, but their lack of an inside half court scorer is their weakest skill.

They are the best shooting team ever I think though.

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Yes.

I think the only teams I remember being this fluid, are the Showtime Lakers, and the C-Webb Kings. I'm sure there are other great ones I'm leading off. I mean, the original Bad Boys were known for defense, but they had some killer offensive players; and the Bird Celtics were an offensive uggernaught; and then there were those high scoring Nuggets teams from back in the day....

But in terms of a fluid, well-run offense.... I'd go with the Warriors right now. Pop's Spurs have a great system, but I don't think they are as talented; that's as much to do with just great coaching.

So.... yes... I'll stop rambling. Yes. YES. YES!!!!

ewing
12-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Yes.

I think the only teams I remember being this fluid, are the Showtime Lakers, and the C-Webb Kings. I'm sure there are other great ones I'm leading off. I mean, the original Bad Boys were known for defense, but they had some killer offensive players; and the Bird Celtics were an offensive uggernaught; and then there were those high scoring Nuggets teams from back in the day....

But in terms of a fluid, well-run offense.... I'd go with the Warriors right now. Pop's Spurs have a great system, but I don't think they are as talented; that's as much to do with just great coaching.

So.... yes... I'll stop rambling. Yes. YES. YES!!!!

no mention of the Dantoni Suns?

lol, please
12-09-2015, 12:52 AM
IDK. This is crazy.

ever. ever ever.

Scoots
12-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Ron Adams said that they didn't install the rest of the offense because Kerr has been absent. Apparently they are only running about 2/3rds of it now.

jerellh528
12-09-2015, 01:19 AM
So far, yes. Although I don't think I've ever seen more beautifully played basketball then what the Spurs displayed in the finals 2 yrs ago

bucketss
12-09-2015, 01:22 AM
are gsw fans use to it at this point, or is their jaw on the floor every game. because this team is insane,

slaker619
12-09-2015, 01:38 AM
They have to be or going to be !

lol, please
12-09-2015, 01:41 AM
are gsw fans use to it at this point, or is their jaw on the floor every game. because this team is insane,

Kind of both.

We are used to watching Curry go off, he's gotten better, but we've seen every game of his since he was drafted, so it isn't as much of a surprise. And many of these guys were more high on Monta "Mr. Efficiency" Ellis in the early days, when Curry was injury prone. And we have seen this team progress since we brought on Jerry West and Mark Jackson, as we drafted cats like Green, Klay, Ezeli and Barnes. Honestly we were a play, and injury away from deep runs the two seasons before the finals, we lost key players, so we knew were were the real deal like Holyfield.

That said, this is still incredible, still historic, and still crazy, so yes, I have to pick my jaw off the floor every so often during game time.

TrueFan420
12-09-2015, 02:05 AM
To small a sample size but their on their way to it

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2015, 02:44 AM
no mention of the Dantoni Suns?

YES!! You are correct sir! I knew I was missing somebody!

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2015, 02:51 AM
To small a sample size but their on their way to it

I think we can look at what this group has done the last couple years, last year especially, and say, yes, indeed, they are one of the greatest offensive teams ever.

I mean, their guys shoot at a higher percentage beyond the arc than some teams shoot inside the arc! They got 6 guys who shoot OVER 42% from the arc, and 5 who shoot over 44%, and 4 who shoot over 46%.

I'm a Raptors fan. I'd be happy to see Ross, DeRozen, Lowry and Carroll shoot those percentages from INSIDE the arc. HOLY FAWKING $$#!T!!!!

This is just a circus. These guys make 25 of the leagues 29 other teams look like grade schoolers.

Somebody is going to have to re-invent defense to stop these guys. You guard them close outside, they got you back-peddling and take you to the hole; you give them space, the shoot and hit you up for 3.

valade16
12-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I mean their ball movement is incredible and the attention Curry along with that creates a ton of good looks for everyone. Adjusted for pace they're on track to have the most assists per game as a team ever, and they have a combination of the 2nd most 3pt attempts per game ever along with the highest 3pt shooting% ever. Just posted this a little earlier but their offensive rating is the highest ever above the late 80's Lakers/Celtics and 91 Bulls. Still, a lot of meat on this bone and those teams won the title.

The most amazing thing about all that is... someone actually attempted more 3's per game than this team?? Curry and Klay combined to shoot nearly 20 a game by themselves lol.

tredigs
12-09-2015, 03:04 PM
The most amazing thing about all that is... someone actually attempted more 3's per game than this team?? Curry and Klay combined to shoot nearly 20 a game by themselves lol.

Lol yeah the Rox last year. And they attempt the same amount as the Dubs this year (.1 less right now). Problem is they shot sub 35% last year and sub 33% this year. Which makes the average Rox three worth ~0.9 PPP and the Warriors 1.34 PPP. Which is... out of control.