PDA

View Full Version : RIP Blake Griffin

AllBall
12-08-2015, 03:26 AM
Old man crime! Kevin Garnett posterizes Blake Griffin, gets technical because Doc Rivers' and Chris Paul's sensibilities were offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLCtjS1L94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHViRkMWshg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS2m_QM7Ex4

LegendX
12-08-2015, 04:13 AM
It was ****ing gorgeous & I'm normally not a big fan of dunks.

G_S_W
12-08-2015, 05:43 AM
A thing of beauty. I almost wept. Seriously.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Like Jim Pete (Wolves announcer said), I don't care if that is a double technical, that was worth it.

Wasn't the greatest dunk or anything, but nostalgic KG none the less

Sly Guy
12-08-2015, 11:00 AM
lol, I hate KG's big mouth. But he has cause to woof a little after that one. I lol'd at blake getting posterized by the NBA's resident YMCA all-star. The tech was totally worth it.

NYKnickFanatic
12-08-2015, 11:08 AM
I mean, it was nice coming from an old man. But nothing spectacular.

tsubibo
12-08-2015, 11:12 AM
How come people are saying that KG posterized Griffin? Griffin did not even jump.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Towns reaction was great and just underscores to me how important leadership is to winning in the NBA.

JasonJohnHorn
12-08-2015, 12:03 PM
In fairness, the only reason Blake got posterized is because he was the only player to get back on defense. He played solid D on that play, the problem is that with three guys coming down at once, you can't defend all of them.

I hate that when OTHER people make mistakes, the guy who tries to cover for them gets posterized.

Another player lost the ball, other players didn't get back fast enough, and BG was the only guy in a position to do anything; he was just out numbered.

It's like when a point guard lets their man through and the C comes to pick them up, but still has to position himself to cut off the angle to his own man, who he is simultaneously covering. He will get posterized, but it will not be his fault.

That said... great to see classic Garnett in action there. Fantastic highlight!

Scoots
12-08-2015, 12:43 PM
In fairness, the only reason Blake got posterized is because he was the only player to get back on defense. He played solid D on that play, the problem is that with three guys coming down at once, you can't defend all of them.

I hate that when OTHER people make mistakes, the guy who tries to cover for them gets posterized.

Another player lost the ball, other players didn't get back fast enough, and BG was the only guy in a position to do anything; he was just out numbered.

It's like when a point guard lets their man through and the C comes to pick them up, but still has to position himself to cut off the angle to his own man, who he is simultaneously covering. He will get posterized, but it will not be his fault.

Was it Brandon Knight who was "posterized" in the last couple years? That always bugged me because he was trying HARD to stop a bucket which is what he's supposed to do.

Don't much care for BG but he at least tried. It's just fun to see KG and KAT having fun.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 12:43 PM

yeah, I mean Rubio stole the ball way out top with momentum. Blake was the only one who had a chance to get back. He was also inside the restricted area, so his defense should have resulted in an and-1 if any call was made.

Tony_Starks
12-08-2015, 12:53 PM
RIP to the Clippers season...

leprechaun5
12-08-2015, 01:05 PM
This was a tech worthy but I just can't stand Clippers and their complains to referees. I mean each and every player argues after each and every call. Not to mention that Doc does more talking to the refs than coaching.

Love KG, love the dunk. And Pierce's reaction is priceless.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 01:57 PM
This was a tech worthy but I just can't stand Clippers and their complains to referees. I mean each and every player argues after each and every call. Not to mention that Doc does more talking to the refs than coaching.

I really want the refs to just start ignoring them until they shut up.

Hardaway Here
12-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Yeah I wouldn't really call that a poster but refreshing to see him throw it down

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 02:07 PM

dude the Clippers collectively whine more than any team in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Towns reaction was great and just underscores to me how important leadership is to winning in the NBA.

Towns and Rubio went ballistic haha. I love Towns. He will for sure end up my favorite player soon. Dude even hit 3 bombs last night.

The only thing that concerned me was the 324 dunks he gave up to DeAndre

Chronz
12-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Just saw the game, didn't know what to make of this thread when I saw it last night but I wasn't expecting it was KG who did him in. I was just hoping it wasn't an injury.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Just saw the game, didn't know what to make of this thread when I saw it last night but I wasn't expecting it was KG who did him in. I was just hoping it wasn't an injury.

Blake didn't even pay attention to KG after the dunk. He could have cared less.

Chronz
12-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Blake didn't even pay attention to KG after the dunk. He could have cared less.

Oh I think he cares. Hes rarely on the receiving end of those and prolly knows not to stare at KG. Good to get a taste of your own medicine tho, maybe he can do something other than those mean mugs he does after a good dunk. Hell, maybe he can get back to dunking someday...

wizardsfan3
12-08-2015, 02:54 PM
How come people are saying that KG posterized Griffin? Griffin did not even jump.

Don't have to jump to get posterized lmao

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Oh I think he cares. Hes rarely on the receiving end of those and prolly knows not to stare at KG. Good to get a taste of your own medicine tho, maybe he can do something other than those mean mugs he does after a good dunk. Hell, maybe he can get back to dunking someday...

DJ made up for him, with his 30 dunks last night.

lamzoka
12-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah I wouldn't really call that a poster but refreshing to see him throw it down

If KG didn't posterize BG, then BG didn't posterize Mozgov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx9HiM4Aw0

leprechaun5
12-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't know what are the stats of BG when KG guards him but I'm pretty sure he does almost nothing on the court. KG gets under his skin, destroys him mentally.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't know what are the stats of BG when KG guards him but I'm pretty sure he does almost nothing on the court. KG gets under his skin, destroys him mentally.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=griffbl01&p2=garneke01

Blake goes for around 17-9-5 on him, with lesser efficiency than usual. KG is just longgggg

leprechaun5
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=griffbl01&p2=garneke01

Blake goes for around 17-9-5 on him, with lesser efficiency than usual. KG is just longgggg

Thanks. But that doesn't tell the whole story IMO. Blake plays 10-15 minutes more without KG guarding him.

sep11ie
12-08-2015, 06:18 PM
*modern day NBA posterized

JAZZNC
12-08-2015, 06:56 PM
If you let the biggest punk ***** in the history of basketball get under your skin you are a mental midget. I dunno, I just absolutely despise KG. He is so overrated IMO especially all time. And the dunk was not really impressive, don't see what the big deal is.

leprechaun5
12-08-2015, 07:13 PM
If you let the biggest punk ***** in the history of basketball get under your skin you are a mental midget. I dunno, I just absolutely despise KG. He is so overrated IMO especially all time. And the dunk was not really impressive, don't see what the big deal is.

Ok.

Hardaway Here
12-08-2015, 09:13 PM
If KG didn't posterize BG, then BG didn't posterize Mozgov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx9HiM4Aw0

I don't consider either one a legit poster, but in comparison the difference between the two. Mozgov actually tried to keep Griffen away from the basket with his forearms pushing outwards. Griffin just stood straight up ready to take a charge if anything when KG came. I'm not taking away from KG's dunk. It's just like I said I wouldn't really call it a poster.

tsubibo
12-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Don't have to jump to get posterized lmao

So are you saying that dunk was poster worthy?