PDA

View Full Version : Panda and Hanley

AI
12-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Red Sox president of baseball operations Dombrowski said the Sox are encouraged by reports of improved conditioning for third baseman Pablo Sandoval.

"He's been working out hard,'' said Dombrowski. "He's been working out since the end of the season. We've had people down there (in Florida) visiting with him. (Special assistant) Allard Baird was down there last week, visiting with him. He's doing great. We look for him come into camp in shape.

"I don't know that he's ever going to be 'svelte.' But if he comes in in good condition, which I think he is at this point. He's working extremely hard. In fact, he's been doing his workouts a couple times a day. So he's got a great attitude and approach. He's in solid shape ... good shape for him. So it's really (about) to come into camp ready to go.''

The Sox are unsure whether Sandoval intends to resume switch-hitting. He abandoned hitting from the right side in May and hit exclusively lefthanded for the rest of the season.

"We really haven't discussed that one,'' said Dombrowski.

Dombrowski expects Sandoval to rebound from a poor first season in Boston.

"I think he will,'' he said. "That first year, sometimes that's a real transition. If you get a big contract, that can be tougher. Guys puts pressure on themselves sometimes. He'll come back and have a better year for us, be a solid player.''

The Sox seem intent on keeping Hanley Ramirez from playing winter ball, as Ramirez had hinted at.

"He had talked about it theoretically,'' said Dombrowski. "Our real goal is to have (him) healthy and ready for spring training. That was our main focus and I think at this point, at this time of year, I don't think there's any sense in playing winter ball. He hasn't called us to follow up on that. His agents haven't. We just want him to be ready for spring training.''

via Sean McAdam

MasterWok
12-08-2015, 12:56 AM
I think Hanley has a season. Didnt think he was THAT bad when playing. Has to play with confidence. A better team will help.

Station 13
12-08-2015, 01:19 AM
I wanted Lovullo bootcamp spring training, now we won't get that with Farrell.