PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott benching Russell and Randle?

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2015, 12:33 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/7/9868770/la-lakers-dangelo-russell-julius-randle-benched-byron-scott

Is this the final nail in Byron Scott's tenure as coach? Popular opinion's been that he usn't playing Russell and Randle enough. Because it kinda makes no sense, woth eberybody else sucking worse so far. I imagine lots of ticket holders want to see the kids develop.

tsubibo
12-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Its the path to tanking. Lol.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 01:03 AM
why is it always the coaches fault?

Teeboy1487
12-08-2015, 01:26 AM
#Tank

5ass
12-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Its not like Randle and Russell are winning them games anyway. What a **** show. Lakers need their pick this year.

flea
12-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Who cares? The Lakers are the worst real team* in the league whether those 2 start or not. I credit Scott for actually trying to figure out ways to win games with his roster.

*Sixers are not a real team, but a D league team with 2 NBA caliber young players and a hopeless cast of nothing that are built to lose games.

jerellh528
12-08-2015, 02:57 AM
Actually hated this move initially, but after hearing what Scott had to say about it, it makes sense as of right now. Basically he feels like those two defer to Kobe too much playing with the first unit, and with the second unit he wants them to be more aggressive and play more free. Makes sense from a developmental standpoint, still need more mins tho.
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/42341/dangelo-russell-on-playing-on-the-second-unit-theres-just-more-ball-movement

Chronz
12-08-2015, 03:13 AM
why not just bench kobe and let the kids play against future comp?

5ass
12-08-2015, 03:24 AM

Only way Kobe gets benched is if he benches himself.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2015, 05:39 AM

:death stare:

G_S_W
12-08-2015, 05:44 AM
Scott's stupidity, lack of integrity, arrogance and gross incompetence are unparalleled in the history of nba coaches. I don't see the lakers ever recovering from jim and jeannie buss.

2-ONE-5
12-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Who cares? The Lakers are the worst real team* in the league whether those 2 start or not. I credit Scott for actually trying to figure out ways to win games with his roster.

*Sixers are not a real team, but a D league team with 2 NBA caliber young players and a hopeless cast of nothing that are built to lose games.

but who did the Sixers beat.....yea thought so

warfelg
12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Such a cluster **** of a team.

And I know irony coming from a Sixers fan off a 50 point win.

But they have a terrible mix of young talent and crappy vets. Honestly. They should look to moving Lou Will, Nick Young, Roy Hibbert. Let Kobe retire a Laker, reduce MWP's minutes and have Brandon Bass all be the vet voices in the lockerroom. Doesn't matter if you don't get high picks from Will, Young, Hibbert, start clearing the way for Angelo, Clarkson, and Randle to start taking over.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2015, 09:42 AM
u wont get our pick ;)

Tony_Starks
12-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Actually B Scotts first competent coaching move, in the grand scheme of things. Russell and Randle have too much respect for Kobe, they basically just give him the ball and turn into spectators. Whereas Clarkson has the confidence in his game where he will actually look Kobe off when he's calling for the ball and just do his thing. ( Clarkson is the real deal btw, just wait for it)

Those two playing independent from the legend is the best thing for their development, especially Russell.

ldawg
12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I could care less if they come off the bench or not. All i care about is them keeping that pick. If that helps secure the pick i am all for it. I am not rooting for them to win. Lets face it this year is about Kobe last nba games. These guys are young and have lots of year left. Starting in 50 games aint going to kill them. Lakers need to showcase players that need to be moved. Fans just need to take a chill pill, everyone wants to play GM.

McAllen Tx
12-08-2015, 11:17 AM
I could care less if they come off the bench or not. All i care about is them keeping that pick. If that helps secure the pick i am all for it. I am not rooting for them to win. Lets face it this year is about Kobe last nba games. These guys are young and have lots of year left. Starting in 50 games aint going to kill them. Lakers need to showcase players that need to be moved. Fans just need to take a chill pill, everyone wants to play GM.
Good post Idawg

Scoots
12-08-2015, 11:28 AM
It's funny seeing people dismayed by the Lakers sucking so hard ... it was the plan when they hired the coach and extended Kobe.

Of course being a Warriors fan I can only hope that the Lakers finish with the worst record, don't develop their roster, AND lose the lottery and thus the pick.

warfelg
12-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Lakers last 3 years 51-134.

They are lucky that the Sixers are doing what they are doing. Or they would be the team of everyone's ire right now.

Side note, this is what is frustrating to me about the two situations. We are ripped for "not having any NBA talent". What about keeping 3 gunners with no future on the team? Ok I'll give a pass ok Kobe because of legacy and the 1 team thing. Who though signing a 37 year old Metta World Peace was a move that shouted "We're gonna be good!!"? Roy Hibbert has been an afterthought for 3 years now.

cmellofan15
12-08-2015, 12:08 PM

this actually sounds a lot like the lakers lmao

jerellh528
12-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Lakers last 3 years 51-134.

They are lucky that the Sixers are doing what they are doing. Or they would be the team of everyone's ire right now.

Side note, this is what is frustrating to me about the two situations. We are ripped for "not having any NBA talent". What about keeping 3 gunners with no future on the team? Ok I'll give a pass ok Kobe because of legacy and the 1 team thing. Who though signing a 37 year old Metta World Peace was a move that shouted "We're gonna be good!!"? Roy Hibbert has been an afterthought for 3 years now.

Roy hibbert is still playin better than anyone on the 6ers

Chronz
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Scott's stupidity, lack of integrity, arrogance and gross incompetence are unparalleled in the history of nba coaches. I don't see the lakers ever recovering from jim and jeannie buss.

Sam Mitchell has been pretty bad this year too.

2-ONE-5
12-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Roy hibbert is still playin better than anyone on the 6ers

lol no

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Sam Mitchell has been pretty bad this year too.

his lineups are killing me.

Pfeifer
12-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm a raptors fan. Watched the game yesterday. Randle had something like 15pts 12 rebounds. He was playing well and killing the raps on the glass. Kobe was throwing up air balls. Russel was ok. Had his moments. Doesn't make sense taking them out of the game.