PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the best in 3 years?

elledaddy
12-07-2015, 11:39 PM
There is some great YOUNG talent in the NBA right now. What's your top 10 three years from now

1. Andre Drummond
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Anthony Davis
4. Grannis Antetokoumpo
5. Julius Randle
6. Karl-Anthony Towns
7. D'Angelo Russell
8. Jahlil Okafor
9. Kristaps Porzingis
10. Emmanuel Mudiay

Some tough choices IMO

Kashmir13579
12-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Kristaps

houstonfan
12-07-2015, 11:55 PM
1. Davis
2. Wiggins
3. Drummond
4. Towns
5. Porzingis
6. Greek Freak
7. Okafor
8. Mudiay
9. Randle
10. Russell

5ass
12-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Porzingis

tredigs
12-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Mudiay and to a lesser extent Randle don't belong in this group. And frankly Okafor also, off field transgressions aside, he's just not an overall dominant player. I see him as a high scoring big, but never the best, and I don't see him putting the all around game together.

Some super interesting choices though. AD/Towns/Porzingis would be my top 3 in some order. Wiggins and the Greek Freak just behind. Russell is still a wild card to me. Not ready to rule him out as an elite contributor in the future. Kobe has crushed any value that we can see from them.

5ass
12-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Mudiay and to a lesser extent Randle don't belong in this group. And frankly Okafor also, off field transgressions aside, he's just not an overall dominant player. I see him as a high scoring big, but never the best, and I don't see him putting the all around game together.

Some super interesting choices though. AD/Towns/Porzingis would be my top 3 in some order. Wiggins and the Greek Freak just behind. Russell is still a wild card to me. Not ready to rule him out as an elite contributor in the future. Kobe has crushed any value that we can see from them.
I basically agree with this.
I see Russell as a future Chauncey Billups level player. I doubt he can be as good defensively, but overall about the same impact.
Porzingis, AD, KAT would be my top 3 in that order.
Wiggins over Giannis. I like Giannis, but he's not as good of a scorer as Wiggins. Wiggins is much better at creating his own shot against good defenders. Both pretty good players though. I like Giannis as a #2 option, not a #1.
Okafor can develop an all around game and become great if he wants it, but I'm not sure if he has that type of love for the game or its just "we gettin money, broke *** *****"
Mudiay has a long way to go to not being the worst starting PG in the NBA.
I don't really like Randle, and don't see the high potential.

Dade County
12-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Davis
Wiggins
Kp
Towns
Drummond
Okafor

and it doesn’t matter about the rest lol

Kaner
12-08-2015, 01:53 AM
double post

Kaner
12-08-2015, 01:53 AM
Davis and Porz are the two I think most likely to be the best, Porz could have more potential but Davis also has best player on the planet potential and none of these other guys are close to Superstars yet while Davis is right now.

Wiggins and Towns 3,4 in some order
5.)Giannis
6.)Drummond
7.)Okafor
Mudiay, Randle, Russell round out the top 10 in some order, none of those 3 have impressed me nearly as much as those other guys and aren't the physically dominant players those other guys are right now. They could still be busts. While the other 7 are almost guaranteed all-stars imo. Russell or Mudiay have more potential then Randle probably but both have looked terrible from what I've seen. Okafor also could end up a career loser if he doesn't become a much more efficient low post scorer.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 02:43 AM

I am all for the Russ love and still wish we would have drafted him over any and everyone else but I find it humerus that the jury is out on russ and you blame Kobe and the team around him but crush OKA and neglect the team/help around him... Gotta love this type of in depth logic.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 02:46 AM
My top 5 right now

1. Davis
2. Wiggins
3. Towns
4. Drummond
5. Porzingis

Id have Russ above all of them if he could get his head out of his *** and actually show some ****ing fire.. Him and Porz to me are by far the 2 most talented players drafted Since Lebron

tredigs
12-08-2015, 02:58 AM
I am all for the Russ love and still wish we would have drafted him over any and everyone else but I find it humerus that the jury is out on russ and you blame Kobe and the team around him but crush OKA and neglect the team/help around him... Gotta love this type of in depth logic.

Well - Oka homer - the reason I say that is because I have seen a ton more of Okafor in a premier role than I have Russell. One is casting the shadow, the other is the shadow.

Who says the the jury is out? This is my prediction off of what I've seen. I have no allegiance here. Okafor to me feels extremely one dimensional, though. He also feels somewhat "who he is" (obviously he'll improve, and I have no doubt will be considered a dominant offense big at some point). Time will tell if he can put it all together to be a true impact cornerstone of an organization. My vote is a resounding no.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Well - Oka homer - the reason I say that is because I have seen a ton more of Okafor in a premier role than I have Russell. One is casting the shadow, the other is the shadow.

Who says the the jury is out? This is my prediction off of what I've seen. I have no allegiance here. Okafor to me feels extremely one dimensional, though. He also feels somewhat "who he is" (obviously he'll improve, and I have no doubt will be considered a dominant offense big at some point). Time will tell if he can put it all together to be a true impact cornerstone of an organization. My vote is a resounding no.

Oka homer lol.. Cool story... Id rather have Russ/Towns and think OKA/Russ will be the worst 2 defenders from this draft and only have offensive upside... That being said I am just pointing out your one way argument which seems to be the consensus with most on this site who love to bash the sixers for how horrid their team is but negate to use that logic when evaluating OKA... Esp when you factor in the position he plays and how dependent it is on the team around him.

If you want to tell me OKA is a horrid defender outside of the paint -agreed-
If you want to tell me OKA is inefficient right now -agreed-
If you want to tell me the sixers are trash -agreed-

Oka has the least amount of help of possibly any draft pick ever so I love when people take that into account for other players and disregard it in this situation. Like I said brilliant in depth logic

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2015, 03:43 AM
Curry, Westbrook, Durant andPaul George will still be better then most of those guys on that list,

tredigs
12-08-2015, 03:57 AM
Oka homer lol.. Cool story... Id rather have Russ/Towns and think OKA/Russ will be the worst 2 defenders from this draft and only have offensive upside... That being said I am just pointing out your one way argument which seems to be the consensus with most on this site who love to bash the sixers for how horrid their team is but negate to use that logic when evaluating OKA... Esp when you factor in the position he plays and how dependent it is on the team around him.

If you want to tell me OKA is a horrid defender outside of the paint -agreed-
If you want to tell me OKA is inefficient right now -agreed-
If you want to tell me the sixers are trash -agreed-

Oka has the least amount of help of possibly any draft pick ever so I love when people take that into account for other players and disregard it in this situation. Like I said brilliant in depth logic
I just wrote and erased a paragraph because I don't want to feel like I'm piling on.

To be clear, I fully understand the struggle of a situation that Oka is in. It's hell. I get it. But, at least I get to see him perform in that hell. In Russell's case, he's still a complete unknown. Kobe has assured that much.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-08-2015, 11:01 AM
No Jabari Parker? What a jip.

nycericanguy
12-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Towns/KP/AD, Those guys have insane two way potential and all around games.

Giannis too, but he's been in the league 3 years already and KP after 20 games is arguably already better, which is kinda scary. But Giannis is a stud and his jumper is getting better. Not sure about the IQ though, I think KP/Towns/AD have the edge in IQ too.

Drummond just isn't a good enough shooter and it's going to be tough for him to keep up this pace. He's going to keep taking a beating with teams fouling him and daring him to make a FT.

Wiggins is a wildcard too.

I'll say

AD
KP
Towns
Wiggins
Giannis

AD is already a superstar and top 3-5 player so I can't put anyone else above him. I think KP's infinite range gives him the nod over Towns at the moment... not to mention his IQ and work ethic and that "IT" factor.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Curry, Westbrook, Durant andPaul George will still be better then most of those guys on that list,

Yep.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 11:45 AM
No Jabari Parker? What a jip.

he gets completely forgotten haha.

But yeah, he probably belongs in the discussion

JasonJohnHorn
12-08-2015, 12:09 PM
1. Anthony Davis

Everybody else.

Drummond, Wiggins, and Towns will likely be the most impactful players, but talent wise I think Wiggins and Towns be at the top with Okafor and Pronzi right after.

I'm not sure the Lakers picked well. As for Emmanuel Mudiay, I get the feeling like he's going to need to develop a solid shot if he's going to stick around. He's got a great all-around skill set, like Rubio say, or like what Kidd had, but he's going to need to be able to shoot, or he won't go far.

2-ONE-5
12-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Davis should top every list and Parker should be somewhere on every list. Too hard to rank the rest right now in any definitive order

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Bucks still got the last laugh drafting Giannis at #15. So 14 lottery teams skipped him.

2-ONE-5
12-09-2015, 01:30 PM
i wouldnt go that far.

5ass
12-09-2015, 03:47 PM
The real answer is Andrew Nicholson.

Seizabmc
12-09-2015, 04:25 PM
In 3 years from now , kp will be a top 3 center in this league . better than oakafour better than towns . and right up there with Anthony Davis .

Kaner
12-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Yeah Jabari should have been included I expect he end's up a better pf then randle. Lavine too should have been included I thought, good chance he ends up better then the rookie pg's, he looked better last year then Mudiay and about as good as Russell and, is much better then either right now.

Bostonjorge
12-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Wiggins
Davis
Okafor

Top 3 young bucks.

2-ONE-5
12-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Wiggins
Davis
Okafor

Top 3 young bucks.

Knick fans attack in 3,2,1.....

tredigs
12-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Given AD's injury issues, I see no reason why it's a stretch to project that KP and/or Towns will both be right there or better than Anthony Davis a few years down the road. And it might only take 2 years. Attitude + talent wise I know superstars when I see them, and they are both the real deal. Okafor? No, absolutely not. He'll be a very solid scorer, not much more.

For those giving Jabari serious consideration here, I'd be curious what your take is for that to happen. Do you see him being a better player than say Carmelo Anthony when he enters his prime? I've always got the impression he's more of a Melo-lite.

Wiggins I can see an argument for, but think he falls short of KP/Towns/AD level.

5ass
12-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Given AD's injury issues, I see no reason why it's a stretch to project that KP and/or Towns will both be right there or better than Anthony Davis a few years down the road. And it might only take 2 years. Attitude + talent wise I know superstars when I see them, and they are both the real deal. Okafor? No, absolutely not. He'll be a very solid scorer, not much more.

For those giving Jabari serious consideration here, I'd be curious what your take is for that to happen. Do you see him being a better player than say Carmelo Anthony when he enters his prime? I've always got the impression he's more of a Melo-lite.

Wiggins I can see an argument for, but think he falls short of KP/Towns/AD level.

Parker gets overrated IMO. Is he really going to be that much better than Tobias Harris? They're not identical, but a little similar. Parker needs to learn from Harris and become a better all around player.

Parker has a way to go until he's a good player. Unfortunately it looks like he's the type of tweener that won't be able to defend either forward position consistently and is a bad rebounder. He's going to have to be pretty much an elite scorer to be a great player. I don't see it. He'll be pretty good eventually, but I like Giannis more than Parker. I think the Bucks should cash in on his high value if they can. Trade him and whatever else for a star that compliments Giannis' game.

5ass
12-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Knick fans attack in 3,2,1.....

KP doesn't really need Knicks fans standing up for him. He's doing a good job silencing the haters through his play.

Kaner
12-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Rereading the title you're right I doubt anyone has him in their top 5 but if the bar is set at Randle he should have been included. Agree with the comp he doesn't seem as athletic as young Melo or obviously close to the scorer but he should be a good scorer eventually.

Wiggins needs to develop more aspects of his game to get there then those 3 (Kp, Ad, Towns) but his potential is awesome, he's a good defender that should be great, has improved his handles alot and will probably continue too which coming in seemed to be the most likely thing to hold him back. Considering how bad the wolves are at shooting 3's and the spacing it'll become so much easier for him to attack the basket, which he's already good at, once he adds a consistent 3pt shot.

JEDean89
12-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Towns, KP, and AD are in a different talent sphere. They are the video game characters we created in 2k brought to life. They are the MonStars. Giannis is close. He is still only 20, despite being in his 3rd season, and is the same age basically as Wiggins/Parker. I think he has an extremely bright future, and top 10 potential, he moves better than anyone in the league for his size, and has that versatility that is so coveted right now. Parker, Randle, Russell and Mudiay imo have the upside, but haven't done anything to prove to be in the same conversation as the first 3.

mrblisterdundee
12-09-2015, 11:45 PM

Apparently, if you have one or two decent seasons, you're going to be better than a 30-year-old Curry or Durant in three years. Never mind that they'll still both be two of the best active and all-time shooters by that point.
Never mind that Westbrook will only be 30, and although slightly diminished, will still be top-10. Never mind that George, Leonard, Cousins, Griffin, Harden, Wall, Butler, Thompson and Lillard will all be in their late-20s and in the midst of their primes.
I'll go out on a limb here and say that not a single rookie or sophomore will be top-10 in three years.
I'd be surprised if more than two of the young bucks mentioned prominently in this thread made the top-20 in three years. I think Porzingis will be near the top-10, with his shooting, surprising ruggedness and the fact he's already supplanting Anthony as the face of New York. Towns looks like he could be the next Garnett for Minnesota. Wiggins isn't looking any better than DeRozan at this point, so let's pump the brakes a bit until he learns to shoot.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Stephen Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Paul George
6. Kawhi Leonard
7. Andre Drummond
8. James Harden
9. Blake Griffin
10. Russell Westbrook

mrblisterdundee
12-09-2015, 11:51 PM
There is some great YOUNG talent in the NBA right now. What's your top 10 three years from now

1. Andre Drummond
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Anthony Davis
4. Grannis Antetokoumpo
5. Julius Randle
6. Karl-Anthony Towns
7. D'Angelo Russell
8. Jahlil Okafor
9. Kristaps Porzingis
10. Emmanuel Mudiay

Some tough choices IMO

I think you caused a lot of the problems with this thread by not defining the rules more than an all-caps "YOUNG." Tell us what age range we should focus on, or else I'm just going to give you who I think will be the 10 best players in three years.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-10-2015, 03:40 AM

How can you say Randle doesn't belong in the group when his numbers as a rookie are better than what Giannis put up his first and second years? Randle is a rebounding machine that hustles all over the floor. His 44% shooting is not worrysome since its his first 20 games in the league. But thats really his only down spot right now considering not playing an entire year.

Hes also having a similar year to Wiggins. Both this year and last.

In fact, if last years draft was done over, he might go second, no later than 3rd.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-10-2015, 03:44 AM
And its really hard to judge what a player will be when evaluating them as 19 year olds. D'angelo Russell is having a better rookie season than Harden, Nash, Stocton and many others, but how does that project? He has really improved from the first 3 weeks of the season even though most Laker fans hate to admit it.

tredigs
12-10-2015, 04:52 AM
How can you say Randle doesn't belong in the group when his numbers as a rookie are better than what Giannis put up his first and second years? Randle is a rebounding machine that hustles all over the floor. His 44% shooting is not worrysome since its his first 20 games in the league. But thats really his only down spot right now considering not playing an entire year.

Hes also having a similar year to Wiggins. Both this year and last.

In fact, if last years draft was done over, he might go second, no later than 3rd.

Well for one, I really wouldn't say his #'s this year (as a 21 yr old) are necessarily better than Giannis last year as a 20 year old. And they're totally different players. Giannis' frame/athletic ability offer him massive upside, and he's already showing the ability to run the floor when called upon. He also has massive defensive potential and is already a solid defender.

I actually liked Randle a lot in college and think he'll definitely make a solid pro (I was higher on him than a lot of people and was sort of shocked at that), but Giannis is a player who can really be special imo (a top 10 level player through his peak), and I don't see that kind of upside from Randle. Just my opinion. -shrug

As for Russell, there's a lot of room for context/arguments in your "Russell > X player" comparisons there, and I could certainly name 100 NBA busts who had better rookie campaigns then where he's currently at, but he's still a wild card to me (we can thank Kobe for that). And I just don't know where his work ethic to improve is at, but there's no reason why he should not be an impactful point guard. I'm not just brushing off your Lakers boys, don't worry. I still think both could be very good if things go right for them.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-10-2015, 05:05 AM
Well for one, I really wouldn't say his #'s this year (as a 21 yr old) are necessarily better than Giannis last year as a 20 year old. And they're totally different players. Giannis' frame/athletic ability offer him massive upside, and he's already showing the ability to run the floor when called upon. He also has massive defensive potential and is already a solid defender.

I actually liked Randle a lot in college and think he'll definitely make a solid pro (I was higher on him than a lot of people and was sort of shocked at that), but Giannis is a player who can really be special imo (a top 10 level player through his peak), and I don't see that kind of upside from Randle. Just my opinion. -shrug

As for Russell, there's a lot of room for context/arguments in your "Russell > X player" comparisons there, and I could certainly name 100 NBA busts who had better rookie campaigns then where he's currently at, but he's still a wild card to me (we can thank Kobe for that). And I just don't know where his work ethic to improve is at, but there's no reason why he should not be an impactful point guard. I'm not just brushing off your Lakers boys, don't worry. I still think both could be very good if things go right for them.

Well, Randle has been 21 for 9 days so most of this year he was 20 but semantics. :)

And it seems you like the long lean players over the bulky ones. Understandable. But there is room for players with some bulk on the low block when defending the post. I seen many guys try to bully Randle down there but he doesnt move. He guarded Okafor without doubles and did a great job. I think thats where his defensive value will come from. It wont be from blocks seeing as though he only averages .7 per 36.

You're right about Russell and Kobe. He looks so much better with Kobe off the floor. Well, they all do. But they only have to worry about that for 60 more games.

2-ONE-5
12-10-2015, 08:44 AM
KP doesn't really need Knicks fans standing up for him. He's doing a good job silencing the haters through his play.

like last night? really leading the charge while losing 7 of 9!

relax, joking (mostly)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Parker gets overrated IMO. Is he really going to be that much better than Tobias Harris? They're not identical, but a little similar. Parker needs to learn from Harris and become a better all around player.

Parker has a way to go until he's a good player. Unfortunately it looks like he's the type of tweener that won't be able to defend either forward position consistently and is a bad rebounder. He's going to have to be pretty much an elite scorer to be a great player. I don't see it. He'll be pretty good eventually, but I like Giannis more than Parker. I think the Bucks should cash in on his high value if they can. Trade him and whatever else for a star that compliments Giannis' game. I rather have Parker over any of your Magic. Heck you guys took Oladipo over Giannis. lol Oladipo regressed this year. Also him benched this season already. Skiles probably ready to have him traded.

2-ONE-5
12-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I rather have Parker over any of your Magic. Heck you guys took Oladipo over Giannis. lol Oladipo regressed this year. Also him benched this season already. Skiles probably ready to have him traded.

its a new system so Oladipo and Payton get a pass for the poor play so far.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-10-2015, 11:25 AM
its a new system so Oladipo and Payton get a pass for the poor play so far.

Well same logic would mean Parker gets a pass as well for being injured most of last season. Yet *** always comes up with some negativity towards my Bucks. So I like to laugh at his roster of the Magic treadmill through the years. Also they cant hang onto their stars as in Shaq or Howard.

5ass
12-10-2015, 02:42 PM
I rather have Parker over any of your Magic. Heck you guys took Oladipo over Giannis. lol Oladipo regressed this year. Also him benched this season already. Skiles probably ready to have him traded.
Good for you. Oladipo is still a better player than Giannis. Regressed? LOL
He might be shooting 40% from the feild, but he's limiting his opponents to 36%. His threes WILL start falling, and when they do he'll only be more effective. He's averaging basically as many blocks and rebounds as 7' freak (per 36). More assists and lower turnovers. Him being benched means nothing, he's been our leading scorer since moving to the bench.

Thanks for Harris btw. I like how far he's come defensively. We now use him to guard SFs/PFs, he can protect the paint, and rebound the ball. Parker needs to learn from him.

I havent even mentioned Mario, gordon, payton, vucevic and fournier. You're talking to me about the bucks having a better core? Lol. Gordon is just as good of a prospect as Greek and soon people will see that. He has the length, the athletecism, he's got better defensive tools. He just turned 20 last month.

You look at the top 10 players every year and theres always like 3-4 players that were never expected to be that good. Kawhi and Butler being two examples, hell who thought Curry would be MVP. As hennigan has built a culture of hard work and humility, i find it very possible one (or more) of our players will be in the discussion for top 10 player. We have a lot of players that people think will be borderline all stars. I'm confident someone will surpass expectations. Each one of our players has a pretty high ceiling TBH.

5ass
12-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Well same logic would mean Parker gets a pass as well for being injured most of last season. Yet *** always comes up with some negativity towards my Bucks. So I like to laugh at his roster of the Magic treadmill through the years. Also they cant hang onto their stars as in Shaq or Howard.

I dont, i criticize and praise the bucks like i do any other team. You're just mad because i was right about your team falling apart without the vets and with the new additions.

What treadmill team are you talking about? I dont think you understand what that means. We were rebuilding past 3 years, and before that we were making the finals and ECF with dwight. If anything its the bucks that were a treadmill team with monta ellis and brandon jennings lol.

Am i supposed to be hurt about losing dwight howard? Lol we traded him and his bad back for vucevic and payton and now we're back in the play off hunt even though we're the second youngest team in the league. I'm happy he's gone, this team is way more fun to watch.