PDA

View Full Version : Will Curry Surpass Lebron And/Or Kobe In The Top 10 All Time and Will He Be Hated...

RocketLoc80
12-05-2015, 10:24 AM
And catch just as much flak a them when and if the Jordan comparisions start to get louder? If Curry keeps this up and lets say he wins MVP and Finals MVP and the Warriors win 70 games just like the 1996 Bulls did would he be on hi way of supplanting either or Lebron or Kobe in the top 10 all time and would he catch the flack that they have gotten over the years because of the MJ comparisons.

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 10:46 AM
He's already receiving an incredible amount of hate, mostly due to the amount of media coverage.

People often fight against these things, humans don't like change.

So, yes. I think he will receive a ton of hate. He already is. And the more successful you become the more hate you will receive. This is the part most people don't quite see. Kobe, LeBron, Jordan etc all received hate during their time. But if they hadn't been the best, they wouldn't have been receiving the hate. It's the same with Steph now. When he was a plucky underdog burning Denver in 3rd quarters everyone loved the kid. Now that he's quite clearly the best player in the game at the moment, people can't stand him.

People don't hate the jesters, they hate the king.

P.S The Jordan comparisons need to stop...

Dade County
12-05-2015, 11:16 AM
If Curry keeps this up for another 7yrs, i can see him ahead of kobe; but i dont know about Lbj.

Lbj still has another 4yrs of high play in him.

FraziersKnicks
12-05-2015, 11:29 AM
The guy has a LOOOOONG way to go before talk of top 10 and he's already nearly 28.

He's had 2 ELITE seasons (3 including this one) and 1 VERY GOOD season. He would need to have at least 4-5 more ELITE seasons to get into top 15/20 and would need another 6-7 ELITE/VERY GOOD seasons with multiple MVP's/rings to bump out one of the top 10.

His game will age very well, but I still don't see this sort of production lasting for more than a few years because of his already quite advanced age.

All of the top 10 were hugely influential, impactful players from their first game in the NBA (minus Kobe's first 3 years). What's holding Steph back is the fact he was a 3 year college guy and suffered those ankle injuries in his first few years. He wasn't really considered ELITE until he was 25. To have a top 10 career, I feel you have to come in and dominate from the start. Of course if he runs off a 3 peat with the Warriors and wins a few more MVP's of course he could do it, but it seems like quite a long stretch.

The guy is nearly 28 and has only just cracked 9,000 career points which has him good for 365th on the all-time list. I just think time is against him.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-05-2015, 11:34 AM
It's one thing to say that Curry is the best player right now but predicting he surpasses Kobe and Lebron?

He is one devastating injury away from losing it all taking into account his injury history where he was considered glass ankles at one point. If he stays healthy and the Warriors do turn out to be a dynasty, then its possible but unlikely imo.

The Jordan comparisons are asinine and should not be considered for at least another 3-4 championships and contingent on if the Warriors finish anywhere close to the Bulls 72 wins.

Big Zo
12-05-2015, 11:46 AM
The guy has a LOOOOONG way to go before talk of top 10 and he's already nearly 28.

He's had 2 ELITE seasons (3 including this one) and 1 VERY GOOD season. He would need to have at least 4-5 more ELITE seasons to get into top 15/20 and would need another 6-7 ELITE/VERY GOOD seasons with multiple MVP's/rings to bump out one of the top 10.

His game will age very well, but I still don't see this sort of production lasting for more than a few years because of his already quite advanced age.

All of the top 10 were hugely influential, impactful players from their first game in the NBA (minus Kobe's first 3 years). What's holding Steph back is the fact he was a 3 year college guy and suffered those ankle injuries in his first few years. He wasn't really considered ELITE until he was 25. To have a top 10 career, I feel you have to come in and dominate from the start. Of course if he runs off a 3 peat with the Warriors and wins a few more MVP's of course he could do it, but it seems like quite a long stretch.

The guy is nearly 28 and has only just cracked 9,000 career points which has him good for 365th on the all-time list. I just think time is against him.

Don't make 28 sound like he's nearing eligibility for the Denny's seņior citizen menu. MJ didn't get his first ring until about 29. I don't think he'll be anywhere close to Jordan, but Bron and Kobe are reachable.

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 12:44 PM
It's one thing to say that Curry is the best player right now but predicting he surpasses Kobe and Lebron?

He is one devastating injury away from losing it all taking into account his injury history where he was considered glass ankles at one point. If he stays healthy and the Warriors do turn out to be a dynasty, then its possible but unlikely imo.

The Jordan comparisons are asinine and should not be considered for at least another 3-4 championships and contingent on if the Warriors finish anywhere close to the Bulls 72 wins.

And that point was 3-4 years ago. He's not injury prone. That's an outdated narrative and fruitless discussion. He's no more likely to have a major injury than any other player.

Tony_Starks
12-05-2015, 12:46 PM
I think the Steph Curry generation of fans will actually just appreciate how special he is and not waste time with all the stupid comparisons. We seem to be the only cavemen that have to compare everyone to MJ or Kobe.....

Teufelshunde4
12-05-2015, 12:52 PM
And catch just as much flak a them when and if the Jordan comparisions start to get louder? If Curry keeps this up and lets say he wins MVP and Finals MVP and the Warriors win 70 games just like the 1996 Bulls did would he be on hi way of supplanting either or Lebron or Kobe in the top 10 all time and would he catch the flack that they have gotten over the years because of the MJ comparisons.

Longevity is the key... not hating on Curry or Warriors at all. Think it's great they are playing so well. I'm happy it's not Heat or Lakers.. warriors being great are better for league and avg fans then fair weather fans (Heat) and flakey Laker fans.

TrueFan420
12-05-2015, 01:03 PM
He's got a ways to go. However, I don't think he will catch much hate for a few reasons. One his game isn't similar to the players named or anyone really which makes him more unique and less dire hard fans of individual players will try to tear him down for resembling their idol. Two unlike those mentioned curry has a super down to earth nice guy personality. Jordan and Kobe were uber competitive in your face Richards. Currys competitive but dude just genuinely seems nice. And lebron just gonna catch flack for how he left then went back and did it front of the TV. Thirdly he's in an area where fantasy sports rule and a lot of casual fans will gravitate to hoping he does well for their teams.

TrueFan420
12-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I think the Steph Curry generation of fans will actually just appreciate how special he is and not waste time with all the stupid comparisons. We seem to be the only cavemen that have to compare everyone to MJ or Kobe.....
It helps that his game isn't resembling any other we've seen. MJ and Kobe were similar builds, personalities (to a degree), games and one began to accend as the other was declining so their comparisons were inevitable.

As for the comparison and human nature part. Humans do have an incessant need to compartmentalize everything into neat little boxes. Which is rarely ever actually reality.

Shammyguy3
12-05-2015, 02:15 PM
He certainly has the talent and capability to make the top-10. I don't think he can surpass Lebron, as Lebron in his prime was the best offensive AND defensive player in the league and with his size could carry a load few ever could. Curry's offense alone can get him to surpass Kobe though, because Kobe's prime he wasn't as good of a defender as Lebron is nor was he anywhere near the efficiency of Curry.

I don't think Curry ends up ranked higher than Jordan/Kareem/Wilt/Duncan/Shaq/Lebron. I think he has a chance to surpass Magic/Hakeem/Russell/Bird/Kobe in that next tier though

bucketss
12-05-2015, 02:20 PM
hes already the greatest shooter of all time.
he will probably get another ring this year.
his team is unstoppable,and hes unarguable.

i really wouldn't be suprised if these talks get real serious in a few years.

GodsSon
12-05-2015, 02:23 PM
People just love their flavours of the month...

Look, I used to hate on LBJ HARD, but the guy might just be the best individual talent of all time; and let's be real here, if LeBron has a healthy team in the finals, the Cavs beat the W's and none of this is even being discussed (LBJ won two games on his back with Mozzy/Delly as his support). Further, Curry is 28 and hitting his stride now, the guy might not even hit 25k points in his career. It's really not even close.

TheNumber37
12-05-2015, 02:31 PM
He's been GREAT for 2-3 years.

Can't be top 10 like that

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 02:44 PM
People just love their flavours of the month...

Look, I used to hate on LBJ HARD, but the guy might just be the best individual talent of all time; and let's be real here, if LeBron has a healthy team in the finals, the Cavs beat the W's and none of this is even being discussed (LBJ won two games on his back with Mozzy/Delly as his support). Further, Curry is 28 and hitting his stride now, the guy might not even hit 25k points in his career. It's really not even close.

Nothing like the "what if" crew to ruin a conversation. Speculative nonsense.

GodsSon
12-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Nothing like the "what if" crew to ruin a conversation. Speculative nonsense.

Kinda like how this whole thread is speculative nonsense.

Think before you type and try again.

xbrackattackx
12-05-2015, 04:17 PM
If he can avoid the Mcgrady curse. Then he could be in talk with the greats. If he went downhill in 2 years, but gave us two more years at this level. It doesn't matter if he is top. He will always be remembered cause he will own every 3pt record. Mcgradys peak was godly. Steph is currently playing NBA2K and abusing the mechanics.

CHANGO
12-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Too soon...

Six months ago we were talking about how a "bench warmer" back-up PG shut down Curry (who averaged 26ppg, 5.2rpg and 6.3apg) in the biggest stage.
Six months ago we were talking about a role player getting Finals MVP over the current MVP.
Six months ago we were talking about Lebron having one of the best Finals ever, averaging 35.8ppg, 13.3rpg and 8.8apg with two injured all-stars on his team and one key player banged up (Shumpert) against a healthy and clearly superior Warriors team.

That was six months ago fellas. Curry right now is playing the best game but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Kinda like how this whole thread is speculative nonsense.

Think before you type and try again.

There's speculating and then there's speculating.

We can make some sort of prediction of Currys future and how people will react based on how he plays, his personality, market exposure, current trends and recent history.

Saying "this person would have done that and would have done this" based on nothing. Waste of time.

We assume LeBron would have won another ring if Cavs were healthy because... why? There's no evidence to really back that up.

Speculating about the future I get. The past? Seems pointless, what happened happened. That's it.

It's like saying Jordan may have never won his first ring if the Lakers were at full health and the Bulls coaching staff hadn't stolen the Lakers playbook. And then after that he would have been psychologically ruined and would have ended his career without a ring.

You can't just go making assumptions about history like that, far too many variables.

lol, please
12-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Not sure if he can actually get more hate than he is getting right now. The hate for Curry and the warriors is real. What happened to the love people started to show us in 2012?

cmellofan15
12-05-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't see where therees any hate towards Curry. He's quite obviously the best player in the game this year, but that doesn't solidify him for All Time great status. It seems like the people who are usually critical to a point of spewing nonsense get a bit sensitive when some criticism is directed at their boy.

GodsSon
12-05-2015, 07:01 PM
You can't just go making assumptions about history like that, far too many variables.

This is the only sentence that matters.

Kinda like how you can't go making assumptions about the future like that, far too many variables.

You want to try and differentiate past/future speculation, do your thing. I say different ****, same smell.

Fact of the matter is, six months doesn't make a career. Curry is 28 and hasn't even hit 10k points yet; but we're ready to anoint him as a potential top 10 all time player? We're ready to say they reach the finals and win when the playoffs haven't even started? People need to give their head a shake.

I feel bad for the TRUE Warrior's fans that have endured years of garbage, because unfortunately, the bandwagoners will ride dick so hard and ruin it for you.

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 07:11 PM
This is the only sentence that matters.

Kinda like how you can't go making assumptions about the future like that, far too many variables.

You want to try and differentiate past/future speculation, do your thing. I say different ****, same smell.

Fact of the matter is, six months doesn't make a career. Curry is 28 and hasn't even hit 10k points yet; but we're ready to anoint him as a potential top 10 all time player? We're ready to say they reach the finals and win when the playoffs haven't even started? People need to give their head a shake.

I feel bad for the TRUE Warrior's fans that have endured years of garbage, because unfortunately, the bandwagoners will ride dick so hard and ruin it for you.

Where did I say Curry is a top 10 player?

Also he's been doing this for longer than 6 months. Are you new to the nba?

Gander13SM
12-05-2015, 07:13 PM
I don't see where therees any hate towards Curry. He's quite obviously the best player in the game this year, but that doesn't solidify him for All Time great status. It seems like the people who are usually critical to a point of spewing nonsense get a bit sensitive when some criticism is directed at their boy.

If you go onto social media you'll see the hate quickly.

Vee-Rex
12-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Curry doesn't get as much hate as half Lebron's left nipple. Let alone Kobe.

Dubs/Curry fans are in for a rude awakening in the next several years.

sammyvine
12-05-2015, 09:58 PM
i like curry but he is getting seriously overrated now

he is have a all time great year but people need to calm down with the better than Jordan LOL

HandsOnTheWheel
12-05-2015, 10:12 PM
If you think the Warriors and Curry are getting hated on, you have no idea. If anything, people actually like the Warriors and Curry which is rare considering their success. There really is no reason to get sensitive if your a Warriors fan...yet at least lol

5ass
12-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Curry is crazy. Just kills you with those threes and you can't do much about it. It's funny watching other teams kill themselves to get two points, and curry just jogs up the floor and in a blink of an eye stops and drills a deep three.

NYKalltheway
12-05-2015, 10:46 PM
I wonder when people will start adjusting their top 10s without Kobe and Lebron who objectively shouldn't be there...

I don't see Steph Curry becoming a hatred figure. He does his speaking on court, he's not backed by media comparing him to legends he'll never live up to and unless he ruins his career due to his own fault, he's going to be an NBA legend.

JasonJohnHorn
12-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Things are going good now. If he stays in GSW and they continue to content for the next 6-8 years, and he pulls out two or more rings, it's going to be hard not to put him top-10 all time.

As for 'hating' him, he seems pretty unhatable. Even haters love this guy. If he isn't complaining, or ball hogging, or forcing trades or allegedly raping women, I don't see why anybody would start hating this guy.

He reminds me a little of Grant Hill or Tim Duncan in that he's just likeable. He doens't do things to antagonize people other than beat them.

5ass
12-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Curry will revolutionize the PG position.

lol, please
12-05-2015, 11:14 PM
If you think the Warriors and Curry are getting hated on, you have no idea. If anything, people actually like the Warriors and Curry which is rare considering their success. There really is no reason to get sensitive if your a Warriors fan...yet at least lol

Dubs get so much hate it's insane. Teams like Bird's Celtics, Jordans Bulls, and Rose's Bulls got nothing but love.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Dubs get so much hate it's insane. Teams like Bird's Celtics, Jordans Bulls, and Rose's Bulls got nothing but love.

Try being a Heat fan from 2010-2014 and then tell me the Warriors are being hated on right now.

People by nature are envious of power and success. Get used to it.

IKnowHoops
12-06-2015, 12:04 AM
IMO, he is right around top ten player ever right there with Durant and KG.

IKnowHoops
12-06-2015, 12:08 AM
9.Curry
10.KG
11.Durant
12.Wade
13.Tmac
14.Kobe
15.Magic
16.Bird

* Ranked off my interpretation of each players prime and game impact.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-06-2015, 02:26 AM
^ lol good one.

Gander13SM
12-06-2015, 04:29 AM
People saying he doesn't receive hate need to check the comment sections on BR and espn Facebook pages.

Oh, and twitter, people are often wishing harm on him and his family.

It's only basketball.

dnl123
12-06-2015, 05:31 AM
9.Curry
10.KG
11.Durant
12.Wade
13.Tmac
14.Kobe
15.Magic
16.Bird

Are you 12 years old or something? There is so much wrong with this list. I really hope this list is a joke.

Saddletramp
12-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Not sure if he can actually get more hate than he is getting right now. The hate for Curry and the warriors is real. What happened to the love people started to show us in 2012?

Fair weather band wagon fans like you showed up.

And the Warriors and Curry aren't getting hated on compared to a lot of others. It's mostly just jealousy, a little show boating and Draymond Green's douchebag persona. And some of their fans that think they've won the lottery now that their team is finally relevant. Add it all up and it's nowhere near half of the hate LeBron got.

JasonJohnHorn
12-06-2015, 10:00 AM
I thought he'd already passed Kobe?

AIRMAR72
12-06-2015, 10:57 AM
9.Curry
10.KG
11.Durant
12.Wade
13.Tmac
14.Kobe
15.Magic
16.Bird

Rubbish

IndyRealist
12-06-2015, 11:47 AM
People hate Kobe and LeBron for reasons that have nothing to do with challenging for GOAT.

Vinylman
12-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Things are going good now. If he stays in GSW and they continue to content for the next 6-8 years, and he pulls out two or more rings, it's going to be hard not to put him top-10 all time.

As for 'hating' him, he seems pretty unhatable. Even haters love this guy. If he isn't complaining, or ball hogging, or forcing trades or allegedly raping women, I don't see why anybody would start hating this guy.

He reminds me a little of Grant Hill or Tim Duncan in that he's just likeable. He doens't do things to antagonize people other than beat them.

bolded is laughable... the realities of the CBA will single handedly dismantle that team

I love watching GS and think they have a good 2-3 more years but please stop with the 6-8 years stuff... they have a group of guys who mesh extremely well which can't be sustained because they will all want to get paid.

the first test is what they are willing to pay barnes this offseason.

Gander13SM
12-06-2015, 05:07 PM
bolded is laughable... the realities of the CBA will single handedly dismantle that team

I love watching GS and think they have a good 2-3 more years but please stop with the 6-8 years stuff... they have a group of guys who mesh extremely well which can't be sustained because they will all want to get paid.

Barnes will be interesting.

But you realise they've already got Dray and Klay locked up and the cap is about to spike big time? On top of that winning changes everything, big free agent destination for vets/bench role players over the next couple years imo.

This team will be contending for at least another 5 years barring any freak disaster or Steph deciding to play in Charlotte.

DanG
12-06-2015, 06:12 PM
If he keeps his play up then this season would be better than Kobe or LeBron ever had. I'd say he has to play at a very high level for 5 more years and win 2 FMVP's and 1 more MVP.

3 Rings
2 FMVP
2 MVP

Kobe
5 Rings
2 FMVP
1 MVP

Lebron
2 Rings
2 FMVP
4 MVP

He would fit right in the debate.

Gander13SM
12-06-2015, 06:34 PM
If he keeps his play up then this season would be better than Kobe or LeBron ever had. I'd say he has to play at a very high level for 5 more years and win 2 FMVP's and 1 more MVP.

3 Rings
2 FMVP
2 MVP

Kobe
5 Rings
2 FMVP
1 MVP

Lebron
2 Rings
2 FMVP
4 MVP

He would fit right in the debate.

That seems like an extremely well balanced view for a fan from a rival team haha. Kudos to you for not letting your fandom get in the way.

mjt20mik
12-06-2015, 09:06 PM
So early to tell for top 10. New kiddies forget the amount of GREAT HOF players out right now. Curry had one great season, and is currently having one dominant season. Top 10 players have several dominant seasons. Kobe isn't even top 10 in my mind.

JasonJohnHorn
12-06-2015, 09:58 PM

The Spurs have contended for two decades. I don't see what is so unlikely about the Warriors contending to less than a decade.

Tony_Starks
12-07-2015, 10:50 AM
It helps that his game isn't resembling any other we've seen. MJ and Kobe were similar builds, personalities (to a degree), games and one began to accend as the other was declining so their comparisons were inevitable.

As for the comparison and human nature part. Humans do have an incessant need to compartmentalize everything into neat little boxes. Which is rarely ever actually reality.

True. His game is so different that it really makes absolutely no sense to try to compare him to anyone else.

But then again look at how much ridiculous attention the Kobe and Lebron comparisons get, and they are about as opposite players as you can get.

Tony_Starks
12-07-2015, 10:57 AM
The only hate Curry will ever get for me is for bringing the light skin brotha movement back. We thought we had killed all this off when El DeBarge left the scene...

still1ballin
12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
He didn't even win the finals MVP last year.

Scoots
12-07-2015, 01:59 PM
It will be tough to top LeBron or Kobe. Winning is a team goal even though it is very important in evaluating individuals. Way too early to know if Steph can drag his team to several finals appearances let alone win several.

Vinylman
12-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Barnes will be interesting.

But you realise they've already got Dray and Klay locked up and the cap is about to spike big time? On top of that winning changes everything, big free agent destination for vets/bench role players over the next couple years imo.

This team will be contending for at least another 5 years barring any freak disaster or Steph deciding to play in Charlotte.

once barnes gets maxed curry is next... there is basically no way for them to stay under the LT even with the cap going up without getting rid of someone.

As for plug and play vets... don't see that happening there... people need very specific skill sets to play in that scheme especially on the defensive end. can't see an older vet doing much there...

it will be fun to watch though ... they are easily the best thing that has happened to the NBA in a LONG time

Vinylman
12-07-2015, 02:03 PM
The Spurs have contended for two decades. I don't see what is so unlikely about the Warriors contending to less than a decade.

ummm ... who is gonna take less?

and to even imply that the coaching is equivalent is laughable.

Jeffy25
12-07-2015, 04:40 PM
It's waaaay too early to be talking top 10 with him.

He needs another 4-5 years like these last two to be in that convo, I don't know that he does that.

kdspurman
12-07-2015, 04:42 PM
It's waaaay too early to be talking top 10 with him.

He needs another 4-5 years like these last two to be in that convo, I don't know that he does that.

Yea, my general sentiments as well

thapastime7
12-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Better comparison for steph will be reggie miller and or ray allen they have similar game 3pt shooting first layups and mid range 2nd .

Hawkeye15
12-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Better comparison for steph will be reggie miller and or ray allen they have similar game 3pt shooting first layups and mid range 2nd .

Curry blows up anything Miller did, and has already played at a higher level than Ray ever did.

Way too early to make a prediction, but if he continues as an MVP candidate for a few more years and has a nice 30's, he easily busts into the top 20 somewhere. His team is going contend for the next few years at least.

Scoots
12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Curry blows up anything Miller did, and has already played at a higher level than Ray ever did.

Way too early to make a prediction, but if he continues as an MVP candidate for a few more years and has a nice 30's, he easily busts into the top 20 somewhere. His team is going contend for the next few years at least.

Generally I find posts like this a bit arrogant by fans saying things like "X is totally better than Y. End. Of." and the like ... but in this case I've got to agree. Miller never won an MVP, was never even the 2nd best playing the NBA, no title, not as efficient, not as good at ball handling, passing, or rebounding.

In my memory Curry's D is better too ... but my conviction is weaker there.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Generally I find posts like this a bit arrogant by fans saying things like "X is totally better than Y. End. Of." and the like ... but in this case I've got to agree. Miller never won an MVP, was never even the 2nd best playing the NBA, no title, not as efficient, not as good at ball handling, passing, or rebounding.

In my memory Curry's D is better too ... but my conviction is weaker there.

I have come to the realization that people, when they think of Miller, just can't avoid remembering some of his heroics in MSG, etc. But in reality, the dude wasn't even that great of a player. Straight up shooter, and nothing else.

LA_Raiders
12-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Lol, let's have him win 3 ships first, and the we talk.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 01:57 AM
never understood the miller love either. I think Allen was a better all around player then Miller though.

Curry literally does every single thing better than both of these guys.

tredigs
12-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Tangent: Who thinks Curry scores 70 points in a game this year? I'm skipping 50 and 60, I think those both happen. He's scored over 20 in a quarter too many times this year and sat too many 4th quarters for it not to. At some point he's going to go off and the other team is going to keep it reasonable enough that he'll stay in. Right?

I'd put the odds heavily against him if I'm a bookmaker (say 8:1), but I actually think he puts up a mid 60 game this year against a team like the Suns who run a hot pace but can also keep it competitive, and if the stars align for him he'll hit 70. I think in the last Suns game he had at least 40 but never played the 4th.

More-Than-Most
12-08-2015, 02:15 AM
Tangent: Who thinks Curry scores 70 points in a game this year? I'm skipping 50 and 60, I think those both happen. He's scored over 20 in a quarter too many times this year and sat too many 4th quarters for it not to. At some point he's going to go off and the other team is going to keep it reasonable enough that he'll stay in. Right?

I'd put the odds heavily against him if I'm a bookmaker (say 8:1), but I actually think he puts up a mid 60 game this year against a team like the Suns who run a hot pace but can also keep it competitive, and if the stars align for him he'll hit 70. I think in the last Suns game he had at least 40 but never played the 4th.

I just dont think so because the team is so good that if he is going off they will be up huge and he wont play as much... If he was actually trying to score 70 i think he could do it a number of times honestly.

nastynice
12-08-2015, 03:13 AM
Curry is one bad man, but holy ****, Kobe and Lebron are straight up nba legends, greatness, WAY too early to say something like this

ewing
12-08-2015, 09:24 AM
I have come to the realization that people, when they think of Miller, just can't avoid remembering some of his heroics in MSG, etc. But in reality, the dude wasn't even that great of a player. Straight up shooter, and nothing else.

you are absolutely mental. he was not as good as Curry and there is no doubt about that but he was the number one offensive option on a very good team for a very long time. he was a scorer not just a shooter. He both put it on the deck and got to the line. He was a also a 6'7 2 guard that was a well above average defender at his spot. So the guy who was just a shooter, was the the lead scorer for a decade (20 a nigh guy) on a good team that played at a super slow pace. he did this at an efficiency rate that should make you droll. while he did it he got the line about 6 times a night. Blind yourself to it if you want but he did it off the dribble too. On top of that he was 6'7 and a very good defender, an excellent ball mover, the guy who created opportunities inside for his teammates b/c everyone had to chase him, a guy that ran the opposing two guards into the ground a la Rip Hamilton, and he was one the best clutch players in the history of the game. Sorry you didn't like the style the Pacers forced you to watch but Reggie Miller is an all time great. He wasn't just Robert Horry like you seem to want to believe

GoferKing_
12-08-2015, 09:34 AM
First. I don't know how someone can hate on Curry. he is a nice person, without a big ego, very humble and chilled. Second. He would need to play on this level for at least 8 years to be considerd above Kobe or Lebron in the top 10 all time. Third. Curry cannot be compared to Jordan.

ewing
12-08-2015, 09:35 AM

I totally think he is a capable. I remember last year at some point thinking this kid has the ability to have one of those games. He flying high and i think he has it in him. its possible.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 10:50 AM
you are absolutely mental. he was not as good as Curry and there is no doubt about that but he was the number one offensive option on a very good team for a very long time. he was a scorer not just a shooter. He both put it on the deck and got to the line. He was a also a 6'7 2 guard that was a well above average defender at his spot. So the guy who was just a shooter, was the the lead scorer for a decade (20 a nigh guy) on a good team that played at a super slow pace. he did this at an efficiency rate that should make you droll. while he did it he got the line about 6 times a night. Blind yourself to it if you want but he did it off the dribble too. On top of that he was 6'7 and a very good defender, an excellent ball mover, the guy who created opportunities inside for his teammates b/c everyone had to chase him, a guy that ran the opposing two guards into the ground a la Rip Hamilton, and he was one the best clutch players in the history of the game. Sorry you didn't like the style the Pacers forced you to watch but Reggie Miller is an all time great. He wasn't just Robert Horry like you seem to want to believe

Just so you know, I don't take a Knicks fans perspective of Reggie Miller serious at all. His heroics happened against you most of the time, so Reggie is worshipped as something he isn't by Knicks fans.

Look at his accolades, awards, etc. The dude was a borderline all star who rarely sniffed 3rd team all NBA, and couldn't guard a paper bag. He was a great shooter, with clutch moments.

ewing
12-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Just so you know, I don't take a Knicks fans perspective of Reggie Miller serious at all. His heroics happened against you most of the time, so Reggie is worshipped as something he isn't by Knicks fans.

Look at his accolades, awards, etc. The dude was a borderline all star who rarely sniffed 3rd team all NBA, and couldn't guard a paper bag. He was a great shooter, with clutch moments.

just so you know you sound ******** :shrug: and you have no argument. Sorry i don't think you need to beat out MJ for 1st team all NBA to be more then a shooter.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 11:11 AM
just so you know you sound ******** :shrug: and you have no argument. Sorry i don't think you need to beat out MJ for 1st team all NBA to be more then a shooter.

I have already argued it. What could Miller do besides shoot? What on his accolades/award/accomplishment list shows he was a great player? Almost any Knicks fan from age 30-50 overrates him because Miller annoyed them with some random heroics. The guy averaged 19-20 a game, hit a PER of 20 six times (never exceeding 21), was hidden on defense, made 3 all NBA teams (all of them 3rd team, so it wasn't just Jordan bumping him), 5 all star games, never challenged for an MVP award, and was simply a very efficient shooting machine that had a great deal of stamina to run around and get open.

Basically a 3rd tier star in his peak. Not sure how you think he is some sort of legend.

Funny thing is, he might be better today, than he was in the 80-90's. But for his time, he was simply a top 5 SG in the league during his run.

ewing
12-08-2015, 11:27 AM
I have already argued it. What could Miller do besides shoot? What on his accolades/award/accomplishment list shows he was a great player? Almost any Knicks fan from age 30-50 overrates him because Miller annoyed them with some random heroics. The guy averaged 19-20 a game, hit a PER of 20 six times (never exceeding 21), was hidden on defense, made 3 all NBA teams (all of them 3rd team, so it wasn't just Jordan bumping him), 5 all star games, never challenged for an MVP award, and was simply a very efficient shooting machine that had a great deal of stamina to run around and get open.

Basically a 3rd tier star in his peak. Not sure how you think he is some sort of legend.

Funny thing is, he might be better today, than he was in the 80-90's. But for his time, he was simply a top 5 SG in the league during his run.

you said he didn't make 1st or 2nd team all NBA. So what? I gave you a laundry list things he did other then shoot open Js. I'm a shooter, Steve Kerr was a shooter, Reggie Miller was a scorer. Look at the #s mr efficiency. Why don't you adjust for pace while you are at it. I'd guess the Pacers were in bottom 5 pace wise from about 8 years during the slug it out era. That's your MO, why does it mean less for Reggie. Also, Reggie didn't have random moments he was a playoff performer. Again, take a look at the numbers. 144 games 20 a night .600 TS% and a slew of monster shots/performances

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 11:42 AM
you said he didn't make 1st or 2nd team all NBA. So what? I gave you a laundry list things he did other then shoot open Js. I'm a shooter, Steve Kerr was a shooter, Reggie Miller was a scorer. Look at the #s mr efficiency. Why don't you adjust for pace while you are at it. I'd guess the Pacers were in bottom 5 pace wise from about 8 years during the slug it out era. That's your MO, why does it mean less for Reggie. Also, Reggie didn't have random moments he was a playoff performer. Again, take a look at the numbers. 144 games 20 a night .600 TS% and a slew of monster shots/performances

Yes, he was an efficient scorer.

The dude gets way overrated for some clutch moments, and again, no offense, but many are Knicks fans, because they happened to be the victims of some of his heroics in the playoffs. But by no means was he a "great" player.

Think of it this way. If Reggie Miller is your best player, are you ever playing for a championship? The answer is hell no.

ewing
12-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Yes, he was an efficient scorer.

The dude gets way overrated for some clutch moments, and again, no offense, but many are Knicks fans, because they happened to be the victims of some of his heroics in the playoffs. But by no means was he a "great" player.

Think of it this way. If Reggie Miller is your best player, are you ever playing for a championship? The answer is hell no.

What? They did play for a championship. Old Man Reggie was a Pacers best player in 2000 and they took Shaq and Kobe 6. Here is Reggie just playing catch and shoot, I mean stick it off the dribble and from post mostly, for 35 against the Lakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaI6mPr4AE0

Oh plus in 94 his Pacers lost in the final seconds of a game 7 in ECFs and in 98 they lost in the ECF to the Bulls in one of the more poorly officiated series you will ever see. The only other legit all star he ever played with was Rick Smits, maybe Jalen and he had a hell of a lot of success. I guess that lack of help excuse only works for LeBron and KG?

Scoots
12-08-2015, 12:03 PM
First. I don't know how someone can hate on Curry. he is a nice person, without a big ego, very humble and chilled. Second. He would need to play on this level for at least 8 years to be considerd above Kobe or Lebron in the top 10 all time. Third. Curry cannot be compared to Jordan.

If Curry plays at THIS level for 8 years he would be the best all time. Number 1, no question. I'm not one to make outright statements about the future and proclamations about certain players whether I like them or not ... but right now Curry is scoring at the 2nd highest rate per minute in NBA history and doing it more efficiently that #1 on that list (Wilt's 50ppg season). If Curry, who is having the single greatest offensive season ever, maintains this pace for 8 MORE YEARS then there can be no question who the best is.

That said, it's simple impossible and it won't happen.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 12:41 PM
What? They did play for a championship. Old Man Reggie was a Pacers best player in 2000 and they took Shaq and Kobe 6. Here is Reggie just playing catch and shoot, I mean stick it off the dribble and from post mostly, for 35 against the Lakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaI6mPr4AE0

Oh plus in 94 his Pacers lost in the final seconds of a game 7 in ECFs and in 98 they lost in the ECF to the Bulls in one of the more poorly officiated series you will ever see. The only other legit all star he ever played with was Rick Smits, maybe Jalen and he had a hell of a lot of success. I guess that lack of help excuse only works for LeBron and KG?

we don't agree. Miller, in my book, was a borderline all star whose peak was basically as an efficient scorer and nothing else.

He had some roster help. His PG is top 5 all time in assists, he had defenders behind him, etc.

The east in 2000-2002 was basically a stepping stone for the Lakers to win a chip. At no point were the Pacers a threat to win it all.

The dude could score (even though he gave you 20 a night in his peak, give me a lot more scorers over him). That was it. That isn't a great player.

ewing
12-08-2015, 12:47 PM
we don't agree. Miller, in my book, was a borderline all star whose peak was basically as an efficient scorer and nothing else.

He had some roster help. His PG is top 5 all time in assists, he had defenders behind him, etc.

The east in 2000-2002 was basically a stepping stone for the Lakers to win a chip. At no point were the Pacers a threat to win it all.

The dude could score (even though he gave you 20 a night in his peak, give me a lot more scorers over him). That was it. That isn't a great player.

I know but your wrong :) He was more then just a shooter and he was a the best player on multiple title contending teams

KnicksorBust
12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
He certainly has the talent and capability to make the top-10. I don't think he can surpass Lebron, as Lebron in his prime was the best offensive AND defensive player in the league and with his size could carry a load few ever could. Curry's offense alone can get him to surpass Kobe though, because Kobe's prime he wasn't as good of a defender as Lebron is nor was he anywhere near the efficiency of Curry.

I don't think Curry ends up ranked higher than Jordan/Kareem/Wilt/Duncan/Shaq/Lebron. I think he has a chance to surpass Magic/Hakeem/Russell/Bird/Kobe in that next tier though

Dwight Howard?

I agree he is just a likable guy... but people were saying the same things about Durant and look at what happened there...

I don't think he hits 60. Not that he can't I just don't see the situation presenting itself.

Miller a very good defender???

ewing
12-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Dwight Howard?

I agree he is just a likable guy... but people were saying the same things about Durant and look at what happened there...

I don't think he hits 60. Not that he can't I just don't see the situation presenting itself.

Miller a very good defender???

I know he is annoying and dorky and that makes him fun to hate on but i am just being honest. Reggie was a good defensive player. He was long, stayed in front, and flopped better then anyone.

Tony_Starks
12-08-2015, 01:40 PM
How much is being the leader of a dynasty worth? IMO that's the territory that GS is headed into, and if Steph guides them to multiple chips putting up sick numbers in the process it's pretty easy for me to move him into my top 10.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 01:52 PM
How much is being the leader of a dynasty worth? IMO that's the territory that GS is headed into, and if Steph guides them to multiple chips putting up sick numbers in the process it's pretty easy for me to move him into my top 10.

3 titles and he's in the conversation ... 2 titles and 6 years at or above last year's level of play gets him in the conversation. 4 titles as the leader and he's in the top 10 no question.

Too early now though.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I know but your wrong :) He was more then just a shooter and he was a the best player on multiple title contending teams

you are suffering from nostalgia my friend. There is a good reason he wasn't a 1st ballot HOF'er

ewing
12-08-2015, 02:23 PM
you are suffering from nostalgia my friend. There is a good reason he wasn't a 1st ballot HOF'er

i haven't said anything that was inaccurate. He wasn't just a jump shooter and was the best player on multiple title contending teams.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2015, 02:35 PM
i haven't said anything that was inaccurate. He wasn't just a jump shooter and was the best player on multiple title contending teams.

true. He was an excellent offensive flopper and could hit free throws too.

Chronz
12-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I wonder how that series goes if Jalen doesn't purposely injure Kobe. From what I remember, Kobe was putting the clamps on Reggie when the series started. Like absolutely ******** on him, I also remember a quote from MJ calling Reggie's game a joke. I wasn't a big Reggie fan back then so I ate that **** up, looking back, he was underrated.

ewing
12-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I wonder how that series goes if Jalen doesn't purposely injure Kobe. From what I remember, Kobe was putting the clamps on Reggie when the series started. Like absolutely ******** on him, I also remember a quote from MJ calling Reggie's game a joke. I wasn't a big Reggie fan back then so I ate that **** up, looking back, he was underrated.

Reggie shot terribly in game one. Considering the fact that he had been scoring on everyone in the league for 12 years leading up to that series and had always played better in the post season i think he probably would have gotten his. Series might have ended sooner but Reggie would have scored