PDA

View Full Version : Which of these players would you build around?

lol, please
12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Which of the following players would you build around, RIGHT NOW?

You can only choose one. Assume all players are in their prime, or going into their prime.

Kobe
Curry
Harden
Lebron

Discuss!

Hawkeye15
12-04-2015, 02:13 PM
what? Kobe is Lt Dan at this point, LeBron on the downside of his career, Harden is allergic to defending anyone, and Curry is in his peak and the best player on the planet.

Easiest vote ever.

warfelg
12-04-2015, 02:15 PM
what? Kobe is Lt Dan at this point, LeBron on the downside of his career, Harden is allergic to defending anyone, and Curry is in his peak and the best player on the planet.

Easiest vote ever.

In the OP's defense he does say entering or at the prime of their careers.

Hawkeye15
12-04-2015, 02:16 PM
In the OP's defense he does say entering or at the prime of their careers.

woops my b, missed that.

In that case, LeBron

MonroeFAN
12-04-2015, 02:21 PM
How many times do we need to have this topic?

OP is the most useless member ever.

nickdymez
12-04-2015, 02:23 PM
The op is trolling me because I made the Steph Curry thread. A thread that he says has been made three times already this week, but unfortunately I didn't see it. So Troll on Op!

MygirlhatesCod
12-04-2015, 02:25 PM
How many times do we need to have this topic?

OP is the most useless member ever.

if your statement is true then by responding to it gives you the crown.

Yanks All Day
12-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Which of the following players would you build around, RIGHT NOW?

You can only choose one. Assume all players are in their prime, or going into their prime.

Kobe
Curry
Harden
Lebron

Discuss!

The two bolded parts are contradicting one another.

If it's about RIGHT NOW, then it's Curry and there's no question about it.

If it's about players in their prime, it's LeBron and you don't have to think twice there, either.

Any which way, it's an insult to the other 3 to include James Harden in this thread.

lol, please
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
The op is trolling me because I made the Steph Curry thread. A thread that he says has been made three times already this week, but unfortunately I didn't see it. So Troll on Op!
LOL. I was serious in that other post, but that's not why I made this thread, lol. There was a similar one I made at the beginning of the season that had different poll options. If there have been some in between that, I missed them myself.

lol, please
12-04-2015, 02:36 PM
The two bolded parts are contradicting one another.

If it's about RIGHT NOW, then it's Curry and there's no question about it.

If it's about players in their prime, it's LeBron and you don't have to think twice there, either.

Any which way, it's an insult to the other 3 to include James Harden in this thread.
Sorry, I could see how that's confusing. What I meant to say was, consider them all in their primes, but don't discount where their careers are at this point in time either. In other words, it helps arguments for guys like Kobe and Lebron who we see have had successful careers, whereas choosing a guy like curry, he hasn't had as much of a body of work, there are more unknowns. I think that would affect some people's choices.

2-ONE-5
12-04-2015, 02:42 PM
wouldn't saying right now and in their primes be a contradiction?

nycericanguy
12-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Lebron and its not close.

and yes, Harden belongs nowhere near this convo.

Is Curry a foregone conclusion at #2? I mean prime Kobe was a great two way all around player with nearly MJ type competitiveness. Injuries are also a concern, I would be more worried about injuries with Curry than Kobe.

nickdymez
12-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Im gonna choose the guy that's won more in his prime.

mngopher35
12-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Lebron pretty easily.

After that it probably has to be Kobe. His prime was great and lasted for a while. Curry might end up with a higher peak (heck if this keeps up the peak could beat Lebron) but he is kind of unknown at this point career wise. We know the longevity and year in year out play of the other two once they hit their prime and it got them to top 10 status basically. Curry needs to sustain this level for a while to truly be considered IMO.

ewing
12-04-2015, 03:52 PM
i don't think its an easy choice. Even if you think Bron is clearly the best choice talent wise, you better 3 peat or he might to bail on your franchise and you don't get to follow him as GM. I also know that Kobe maintained a very high level for a long time while Curry had had some injuries problems and just started his prime. Should i assume Curry has an extended prime like Kobe and Bron?

Pierzynski4Prez
12-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Im gonna choose the guy that's won more in his prime.

Shaq?

nickdymez
12-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Shaq?
Oh he added Shaq?

Bostonjorge
12-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Kobe because he can win championships with less help.

lamzoka
12-04-2015, 04:38 PM
I can't believe Harden is on this list.

In there prime

1 LeBron
2 Curry
3 Kobe
4 Harden

Now
1 Curry
2 Lebron
3 Harden
4 Kobe (this one is not fair)

FraziersKnicks
12-04-2015, 04:44 PM
LeBron

Kobe
Curry

Harden

lamzoka
12-04-2015, 04:50 PM
LeBron

Kobe
Curry

Harden
fixed

FraziersKnicks
12-04-2015, 06:13 PM
fixed

Thanks

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Thing is though prime LeBron didn't win a ring with Cavs. Had to leave and chase a ring with friends. Yeah Kobe had help of Shaq and Odom and many others. Harden didn't win anything he must be a typo in the poll. lol Curry is a monster now though. Seems more like a bait poll. Seems like the whole NBA board here is a bait shop.

Kaner
12-04-2015, 10:42 PM
A year ago I'd have said it's Lebron comfortably because his prime is jordanesque. But Curry's offensive potential looks unparalleled. If Steph can keep launching them like this for years to come it could be that in another year I'll say Curry. Right now Curry's playing better offensively then Lebron ever has but Lebron could be dominant defensively especially when he wanted to be while Curry has just been good. So right now I'd pick Lebron but wouldn't be shocked if in a couple years I think that building around Curry is better.

KnicksorBust
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Crazy to think Kobe might be 3rd on this list.

Tony_Starks
12-04-2015, 11:09 PM
James Harden

tsubibo
12-05-2015, 02:16 AM
Would choose LeBron. Better all-around player.

naps
12-05-2015, 03:04 AM
LeBron
Kobe

The other two simply do not warrant a discussion on the same breath with LeBron and Kobe. It's unfair for them. They don't have a body of work to be put in the same sentence with the two all-time greats. Just stop.

naps
12-05-2015, 03:06 AM
I can't believe people fall for this troll. He never makes any thread with an honest intention.

More-Than-Most
12-05-2015, 03:07 AM
James and its not close... Even if you could make an argument for anyone else overall offensively which would be slightly might I add but in that case if You want to tell me Curry is offensively slightly better than Lebron in his prime I wouldn't argue... The reason why this isnt close because the 3 of these players combined wouldn't Equal how ridiculously great James was as a defender in his prime.... There was a year where he should have won the MVP and the defensive player of the year award... Something nobody on this list will ever touch together.

Munkeysuit
12-05-2015, 09:00 AM
What Lebron brings to the table, you may need 3-4 guys to do and that includes stars like Curry, Harden and Durant. I do love what Curry brings but I can see his style or claim to fame being very short lived as he's a bit easier to deal with than Lebron is, both players have unbelievably high basketball IQ's but at the end of the day LBJ's physical dominance over anyone in front of him just blows the competition away.

Kaner
12-05-2015, 07:24 PM
James and its not close... Even if you could make an argument for anyone else overall offensively which would be slightly might I add but in that case if You want to tell me Curry is offensively slightly better than Lebron in his prime I wouldn't argue... The reason why this isnt close because the 3 of these players combined wouldn't Equal how ridiculously great James was as a defender in his prime.... There was a year where he should have won the MVP and the defensive player of the year award... Something nobody on this list will ever touch together.

I agree, Lebron's known health and stamina would be enough for me to pick him if it were close but it's not that right now because he has an entire prime body of work to show while Curry has a few good years, 1 great and now an amazing start to this year where he just looks better. But if Curry can continue to shoot 10+3s a game on top of everything else he brings offensively and hitting them this well he's the greatest offensive player ever probably and that would make me think between the two. Curry's also at least a good defender, a defensive play maker, so if Curry can forge a reasonable gap offensively then I would be tempted to pick him. That would take a very tremendous stretch from Curry though.

lol, please
12-05-2015, 11:15 PM
It's crazy how underrated Curry's defense is.

More-Than-Most
12-05-2015, 11:19 PM
It's crazy how underrated Curry's defense is.

no... no its not... everyone here is stating he plays good defense... but lebron in his prime makes his defense look like hardens.