PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Dwight Howard will leave Houston?

Ty Fast
12-02-2015, 11:30 PM
He is set to become a UFA this summer. Do you think he stays in Houston or does he go somewhere else and if you do where do you think he may end up? Also do you think the Rockets should look to trade him if it appearers he will not re-sign?

shep33
12-02-2015, 11:40 PM
If he does leave, I think the Knicks would be a good fit. Playing alongside Kristaps would be perfect. Wizards would be decent too

Bostonjorge
12-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Pacers would be a great fit.

JasonJohnHorn
12-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Doesn't he have a player option? I thought he had another year on this deal?

I think he keeps his 26 million. I'm not sure he'd get an offer that big unless he returned to form tomorrow and then dominated like his 2009 self for the rest of the year.

I mean, he flopped in LAL, he's struggled with injury in Houston; team's have no reason to offer him a max deal at this point.

Right now he's got 26 mil guaranteed next year. Take. See if he can get back to form next season (cause it doesn't seem to be happening this year), and then see if Houston we'll do an extension or if somebody else that will match a lower payday is in a better position to win.

Franky, right now, he'd be a back up to at least 5 or 6 other centers in the league.

Don't get me wrong, he's still rebounding well, hitting most of the shots he gets, and getting blocks, but he doesn't seem to shut down offensives like he used to in Orlando, and he doesn't seem to be able to play a lot of minutes. Those are two big concerns I think.

That said, he's having his best passing season ever right now. Though the bar was set low on that.

But yea, I see him sticking around for next year and making the most out of a contract year while healthy. Right now, I think he might get some 20mil-4-year deals for 80 mil total, but I don't see a lot of teams want to top 26 mil for 4 years.

shep33
12-03-2015, 12:13 AM

Yeah, he'd be perfect. All he has to do is anchor that D and give them 15-16 a game

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 12:37 AM
He is set to become a UFA this summer. Do you think he stays in Houston or does he go somewhere else and if you do where do you think he may end up? Also do you think the Rockets should look to trade him if it appearers he will not re-sign?
Yes he is leaving.
Mchale left so nobody mentors him now. Harden is a ballhog and always sucks as Kardashian is haunting him. Harden just doesn't have the same grit Kobe has.
It appears that Howard won't win the championship in Houston. He is already past his prime and should be comfortable with a lesser role alongside the MVP caliber players if he is still so determined to get a ring. If I were him, I would take less money and join Warriors or Cavaliers.

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
If he does leave, I think the Knicks would be a good fit. Playing alongside Kristaps would be perfect. Wizards would be decent too
No Knicks. Howard wants real rings not exciting shows from a 19-year-old young man.

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm amazed by what Paul George is doing. If he continues to deliver the same games, I think more players who seek victories will be willing to join him. But given the fact that his injury was so grim, it is too early to judge if he has fully recovered.

tsubibo
12-03-2015, 07:33 AM
He might be leaving, he understands that he is getting older and he must find a good team in order to win that elusive ring. As said by the other people. Pacers will be a really good team for him in the future.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2015, 08:13 AM
He might be leaving, he understands that he is getting older and he must find a good team in order to win that elusive ring. As said by the other people. Pacers will be a really good team for him in the future.

He's 30. He's still got another max-contract in him. Players will play for money until they aren't getting offered much. When they go down to the MLE, then they will look for winning situations first and foremost. Before that, they will look for their paycheck first, and winning will come second. Obviously if you have two teams both able to pay out a max-deal and one has a better chance of winning, you go with that. But that said, Dwight will follow the money. And it's not like Houston is that far off from contending. They need a good coach.

Scoots
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
I could see some team offering him big money on a multi-year deal and him choosing to leave.

warfelg
12-03-2015, 12:31 PM
He really wanted to go to Brooklyn before signing with Houston. I wonder if there's still a trace of that there?

If there was an I was Houston I might try to work out a trade now.

shep33
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't know Brooklyn's financial situation, but I can see them giving Dwight a huge contract if available

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 12:41 PM
do people still care about this baby?

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't know Brooklyn's financial situation, but I can see them giving Dwight a huge contract if available

they won't have enough money.

warfelg
12-03-2015, 01:02 PM

They would have to trade for him. Which is why I mention you would have to find out if he still wants to go there.

Something centered around Howard - Lopez.

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Howard will play one more year and wait for that salary cap to Skyrocket. It will give him time to improve is Stock.

Also, Morey will trade Howard before he becomes a FA and leaves. He's not stupid to let assets walk away for nothing.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2015, 01:15 PM
He'll join Lebron