PDA

View Full Version : James Harden: The worst/laziest defender of all time?

Nikeman
12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/1/9826354/james-harden-is-so-lazy-vine

Those are just some of the plays I have seen this season. This guy is a disgrace to younger kids who look up to him.

Sure he is a stud on offense, but someone needs to get into his head that basketball is a two way game.

Iron24th
12-02-2015, 05:41 PM
This is crazy, he doesn't even try.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I love his latest excuse:
I'm playing too many minutes and can't afford to play hard on offense and defense.

Scoots
12-02-2015, 06:08 PM
He's certainly James Haren again. Or maybe it should be James Soften.

JEDean89
12-02-2015, 06:14 PM
It's seriously like he just zones out when he doesn't have the ball. I feel for Rockets fans. This is the team a lot of people thought last years Rockets would be.

Get Tom Thibadeau, and let us all watch in Glory as the most ruthless defensive coach has to coach James Harden and Ty Lawson every night. Oh how much fun would that be for the NBA fans. Seriously though, what is Houston lacking? They have a DPOY Center, young budding PF's, a couple decent 2 way SFs, a top 5 scorer (when he's on), a defensive PG, and a pistol of a PG off the bench, who was 2nd in assists last year. Like, they hit every piece a contender needs on the head, but when you look at their attitudes, their professionalism, they look like the anti warriors. This should be a 55+ win team.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 06:19 PM
It's seriously like he just zones out when he doesn't have the ball. I feel for Rockets fans. This is the team a lot of people thought last years Rockets would be.

Get Tom Thibadeau, and let us all watch in Glory as the most ruthless defensive coach has to coach James Harden and Ty Lawson every night. Oh how much fun would that be for the NBA fans. Seriously though, what is Houston lacking? They have a DPOY Center, young budding PF's, a couple decent 2 way SFs, a top 5 scorer (when he's on), a defensive PG, and a pistol of a PG off the bench, who was 2nd in assists last year. Like, they hit every piece a contender needs on the head, but when you look at their attitudes, their professionalism, they look like the anti warriors. This should be a 55+ win team.

Harden's problem has always been he watches the ball like it's a pair of boobs. He has no idea where his man is half the time, it's hilarious

Snakeyestx
12-02-2015, 06:22 PM
This team needs Scott Brooks leading them - and possibly with that kind of system, it'll remind Harden to stop combing a stupid beard and chasing girls with giant *****, and get back to playing ball.

Brooks leads to a possible re-union with KD next season... food for thought.

FraziersKnicks
12-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't know how anyone who isn't a Rockets fan can like this guy. One of the laziest, worst defenders in the league and an ugly, free throw obsessed offensive game.

Saddletramp
12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Prior to last year, his defense was bad but not as bad as people made it out to be. Last year he was average to above average in most games. This year he is ****ing putrid.

On some plays he actually looks competent on the defensive end but all in all, it's like he's a rookie coming straight outta high school with no coaching or practices. It's embarrassing.

Even when he plays his man well, the shots seem to swish.

cmellofan15
12-02-2015, 07:57 PM
To answer the question I think kobe this year is worse. can't wait to see them head to head this year

tredigs
12-02-2015, 07:59 PM
He is playing a career high in minutes (also league high) and has a career high usage%.

Especially given his off-season lifestyle that probably included a few too many nights out in Hollywood, and yeah, this is not that surprising to see lapses on the other end.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 08:04 PM
He is playing a career high in minutes (also league high) and has a career high usage%.

Especially given his off-season lifestyle that probably included a few too many nights out in Hollywood, and yeah, this is not that surprising to see lapses on the other end.

He's already claimed with the bolded that it's why his play is worse this year and he needs more rest.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 08:16 PM
He's already claimed with the bolded that it's why his play is worse this year and he needs more rest.

I know, that's why I italicized the "is". I think it makes a difference. He does everything for them offensively.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 08:24 PM
I know, that's why I italicized the "is". I think it makes a difference. He does everything for them offensively.

so did LeBron for example for years, and he was still an elite defender. Harden simply doesn't give a **** about defense. He wants to score points.

Can't stand the dude.

Tony_Starks
12-02-2015, 08:26 PM
To answer the question I think kobe this year is worse. can't wait to see them head to head this year

Harden will probably go for 50 and in turn gift Kobe his last 40 point game ever.

Its going to be like their own private all-star game....

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I will defend Kobe to the end of the earth versus Harden when that **** comes up in a handful of years. Yep, Harden is super efficient. He also completely doesn't give a **** about the other end of the floor, and his will to win I question big time. Not for a moment, did I ever question that with Kobe, even if his gunner mentality is indeed hurtful from time to time.

Meaning, I think Harden sleeps great at night as long as he gets his 10 FTA's and 30 points, even if they lose. Kobe probably is in the gym pissed off.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 08:29 PM
so did LeBron for example for years, and he was still an elite defender. Harden simply doesn't give a **** about defense. He wants to score points.

Can't stand the dude.

Granted, until Lebron wasn't any longer an active defender (tho this year he's back at it a bit).

But yeah, I think we can all agree Harden ain't no Bron. Can't stand Harden either, but he is overworked right now. Dude needs help offensively.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Can't stand the dude.

I feel like there's a lot more going on behind the curtain in Houston than just he doesn't care. While it wasn't great, last year he was playing a bit better on defense.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Granted, until Lebron wasn't any longer an active defender (tho this year he's back at it a bit).

But yeah, I think we can all agree Harden ain't no Bron. Can't stand Harden either, but he is overworked right now. Dude needs help offensively.

he was fat in college. He needs to take his conditioning more serious. When you get paid a zillion dollars to play a game, at least dedicate your life to it.

I guess I am jaded haha, I spent years in Houston, and having to watch him tampon his way to the line just pissed me off, even though I fully recognized he is an efficient machine.

I also remember laughing at least 5 times a game that he would lose his man because he was staring at the ball like it was the treasure from Pulp Fiction in the brief case.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 08:36 PM
I feel like there's a lot more going on behind the curtain in Houston than just he doesn't care. While it wasn't great, last year he was playing a bit better on defense.

not really. He went from a disgrace to below average for a period of time.

5ass
12-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Anyone remember when he used to be a good defender in OKC? I remember him being a better defender than Durant at the time. Am I wrong?

flea
12-02-2015, 09:23 PM
He's Corey Maggette with a streaky 3 ball and better passing but (incredibly) worse D. Regular season player. He got lucky in the playoffs last year with a strong defensive team, and it was no surprise thr Rockets mounted their comeback vs. Clips with him riding the pine.

Regular season player, wouldn't be surprised if his teams never make another WCF with him as a primary piece.

5ass
12-02-2015, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TDVWnZ5K8

flea
12-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Anyone remember when he used to be a good defender in OKC? I remember him being a better defender than Durant at the time. Am I wrong?

Perimeter D isn't hard as long as you're not tasked with the toughest perimeter assignment every night. It basically consists of hustling and not screwing up closeouts on rotations. He's been the same every year, just his teammates changed.

Nobody would ever ask him to do anything but not screw up on D. That's the difference between him and Tony Parker - one has some semblance of awareness even if they both suck at it.

More-Than-Most
12-02-2015, 09:34 PM

No he doesnt give a **** and its something I and about 3 others on this site hold against him but get called haters... The dude is a good offensive player who would be mediocre if he didn't get the super super supserstar treatment from the ref and factoring in his defense... He is horrid for basketball if you are a fan of the game... He is literally one of the worst defenders of all time.

More-Than-Most
12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Prior to last year, his defense was bad but not as bad as people made it out to be. Last year he was average to above average in most games. This year he is ****ing putrid.

On some plays he actually looks competent on the defensive end but all in all, it's like he's a rookie coming straight outta high school with no coaching or practices. It's embarrassing.

Even when he plays his man well, the shots seem to swish.

He has never been average to above average ever... He looked better last year because of how historically bad he was the year before so he could only basically go up.. Last year he was still one of the worst defenders in basketball.

More-Than-Most
12-02-2015, 09:37 PM
I will defend Kobe to the end of the earth versus Harden when that **** comes up in a handful of years. Yep, Harden is super efficient. He also completely doesn't give a **** about the other end of the floor, and his will to win I question big time. Not for a moment, did I ever question that with Kobe, even if his gunner mentality is indeed hurtful from time to time.

Meaning, I think Harden sleeps great at night as long as he gets his 10 FTA's and 30 points, even if they lose. Kobe probably is in the gym pissed off.

spot ****ing on. :love:

5ass
12-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Perimeter D isn't hard as long as you're not tasked with the toughest perimeter assignment every night. It basically consists of hustling and not screwing up closeouts on rotations. He's been the same every year, just his teammates changed.

Nobody would ever ask him to do anything but not screw up on D. That's the difference between him and Tony Parker - one has some semblance of awareness even if they both suck at it.

Harden was a good overall defender in OKC is what I'm saying. Way better than he was now that's for sure. If you watch the video I posted, Brooks used to trust Harden on even the toughest assignments. The effort and willingness to defend was there. I remember him guarding Kobe in the play offs.

Jets012
12-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Harden's one of the biggest douchebags in professional sports. He's arguably the biggest "*******" superstar in the NBA right now at the moment too.

Dude will never win a chip. Like Hawk said above, he has no killer mentality. And I know how soo many people hate the term "clutch" and that it doesn't exist, but I actually think in Harden's case it does. Players definitely feel more of a competitive drive in big moments and big games. Harden perpetually does not show up in the post season. I just don't think he has the drive honestly. He was a huge reason OKC lost in the Finals that year.

5ass
12-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Harden's one of the biggest douchebags in professional sports. He's arguably the biggest "*******" superstar in the NBA right now at the moment too.

Dude will never win a chip. Like Hawk said above, he has no killer mentality. And I know how soo many people hate the term "clutch" and that it doesn't exist, but I actually think in Harden's case it does. Players definitely feel more of a competitive drive in big moments and big games. Harden perpetually does not show up in the post season. I just don't think he has the drive honestly. He was a huge reason OKC lost in the Finals that year.

He was also a huge reason why they went to the finals as well. He hit big shots too.

Saddletramp
12-03-2015, 03:09 AM
He's Corey Maggette plus or minus a few traits? He's mediocre without the superstar calls? Harden "perpetually" doesn't show up in the post season? Huge reason OKC lost in the Finals? Never been average to above average? "Literally one of the worst defenders of all time?"

Now you guys are just being idiotic haters. Kudos.

he was fat in college. He needs to take his conditioning more serious. When you get paid a zillion dollars to play a game, at least dedicate your life to it.

Agreed.

I guess I am jaded haha, I spent years in Houston, and having to watch him tampon his way to the line just pissed me off, even though I fully recognized he is an efficient machine.

I also remember laughing at least 5 times a game that he would lose his man because he was staring at the ball like it was the treasure from Pulp Fiction in the brief case.

If you don't like it, why do/did you watch? Do something you enjoy.

valade16
12-03-2015, 05:10 AM

:laugh:

So true.

0nekhmer
12-03-2015, 06:40 AM
He's like those guys in the gym who give 0 ****s and goofs around on the court while everyone else wants to play a real competitive fun game. I've left so many games cause of these types of clowns

eso
12-03-2015, 07:46 AM

Love this post.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 11:47 AM
He's Corey Maggette plus or minus a few traits? He's mediocre without the superstar calls? Harden "perpetually" doesn't show up in the post season? Huge reason OKC lost in the Finals? Never been average to above average? "Literally one of the worst defenders of all time?"

Now you guys are just being idiotic haters. Kudos.

Agreed.

If you don't like it, why do/did you watch? Do something you enjoy.

I lived in Houston, with friends who were Rox fans. That is what they wanted to watch. I wasn't going to go read Lord of the Rings over watching basketball, even if all I did was bash it.

jerellh528
12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
I heard harden said he'd be more efficient if he got less mins lol

Scoots
12-03-2015, 12:15 PM

He probably would be ... he's playing worse late in games.

He would also probably be more efficient if he wasn't sucking the life out of the ball possession after possesion. Playing offense they way he's playing it is tiring.

Vee-Rex
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM

x2. Very well said.

Saddletramp
12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
I lived in Houston, with friends who were Rox fans. That is what they wanted to watch. I wasn't going to go read Lord of the Rings over watching basketball, even if all I did was bash it.

I've heard you say that before. No idea why expanding your friend base or doing things that you want to do solo are off the table. I used to watch wrestling on Monday nights with friends. Once I decided this new stuff was garbage once everyone got bought out, I stopped going. Soon after, so did the other guys and we started doing other stuff together. I've moved since then but we realized it was more about hanging out than what we were doing when we were hanging out.

But whatevs, to each their own. None of those guys ever told you to shut the **** up with your *****ing? Or is that just an online thing?

😗😗😗

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I've heard you say that before. No idea why expanding your friend base or doing things that you want to do solo are off the table. I used to watch wrestling on Monday nights with friends. Once I decided this new stuff was garbage once everyone got bought out, I stopped going. Soon after, so did the other guys and we started doing other stuff together. I've moved since then but we realized it was more about hanging out than what we were doing when we were hanging out.

But whatevs, to each their own. None of those guys ever told you to shut the **** up with your *****ing? Or is that just an online thing?

������

nah, I *****ed in front of them too, but kept it a little more relaxed. Hell, Houston fans don't even like Harden/Dwight at times.

I am Wolves fan. Isn't it obvious I like self inflicted pain?

Saddletramp
12-03-2015, 06:52 PM
nah, I *****ed in front of them too, but kept it a little more relaxed. Hell, Houston fans don't even like Harden/Dwight at times.

Yeah, they can be frustrating but when viewing gets tough, I take a break.

It's not self inflicted pain if it's doing what you love.

Gibby23
12-03-2015, 07:10 PM

😗😗😗

Sounds like a blast. You probably shouldn't question Hawkeye15 anymore. lol

Scoots
12-03-2015, 07:31 PM

Is it just me that automatically replaces * marks with the "F" word when I see them? Really changed my impression of your habits with your friends Hawk :)

Saddletramp
12-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Sounds like a blast. You probably shouldn't question Hawkeye15 anymore. lol

Yeah, because that's applicable. Then again, judging by your posts, you probably think that it is.

Jeffy25
12-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Remember when Rockets fans were defending his improved defense last year?

Saddletramp
12-03-2015, 09:12 PM

It was improved last year. Gone back to **** this year but last year it wasn't a detriment.

So yeah, I'm sure people remember.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Is it just me that automatically replaces * marks with the "F" word when I see them? Really changed my impression of your habits with your friends Hawk :)

only with my ex latina gf

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah, they can be frustrating but when viewing gets tough, I take a break.

It's not self inflicted pain if it's doing what you love.

wanna be my life coach?

Sometimes it's fun to complain.

HoopsDrive
12-03-2015, 09:47 PM
I think he just genuinely doesn't give a ****. I mean, when you're paid millions to play a sport, you're bound to get a few dudes who are just gonna job through their careers. He does what he does best and doesn't really care about the rest.

He's like the mini Ronaldinho of basketball. Once his athleticism is gone, he's ****ed.

Gibby23
12-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Yeah, because that's applicable. Then again, judging by your posts, you probably think that it is.

If you consider watching wrestling with a group of men acceptable. I guess.

Saddletramp
12-04-2015, 03:00 AM
If you consider watching wrestling with a group of men acceptable. I guess.

I did at one point. I also used to vote republican and I thought God was real. A person can evolve.

More-Than-Most
12-04-2015, 05:42 AM

Could you imagine this coming out of Lebron/Jordan/Kobe/Durant/Curry mouth? Like really think about that sentence and then think about Kobe.

gaughan333
12-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I did at one point. I also used to vote republican and I thought God was real. A person can evolve.

I thought that was restricted to pokemon

lol, please
12-04-2015, 02:03 PM
He's certainly James Haren again. Or maybe it should be James Soften.

:laugh:

lol, please
12-04-2015, 02:04 PM

:laugh2: It turns out that was an outlier season. Pure comedy.

HoopsDrive
12-04-2015, 05:36 PM
I thought that was restricted to pokemon

Nah bro, Digimon can also do that and much better too lol

gaughan333
12-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Nah bro, Digimon can also do that and much better too lol

They digivole. Totally different process

MTar786
12-04-2015, 07:44 PM
look back at my posts ive always said this guy is so over rated. he is a fat *** who doesnt like to play defense and doesnt even bother trying to make it seem like he cares about playing defense. seriosuly he should get benched for the defense he plays sometimes. His shot isnt good at all. all he can do is get streaky at times and draw fouls via flopping etc. just not my kind of player. I think hardens best used at a point guard that facilitates and does a little bit of everything else.