PDA

View Full Version : 12/2 NBA GameThread

lol, please
12-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Wednesday December 7th, 2015

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/gs.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/cha.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/wsh.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phx.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/det.png&h=70&w=70

7:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/tor.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/atl.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/den.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/chi.png&h=70&w=70

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/no.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/hou.png&h=70&w=70

NBATV

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mil.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/sa.png&h=70&w=70

8:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/ind.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lac.png&h=70&w=70

10:30PM
NBATV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?901764-Ew-Charlotte-Just-kidding-Curry!-Game-20-Warriors-Hornets

It's time.....

TO GET LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO MUCH HYPE!!!!!!!!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRIORS!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

goingfor28
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
:facepalm:

kdspurman
12-02-2015, 04:28 PM
sigh......

kdspurman
12-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I'll get tonight's games up shortly

flea
12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Most shocking thing I have learned on PSD is that lol,please is over 15 years old.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 06:21 PM
So apparently at the Hornets/Warriors game tonight, the first 10K fans are getting "Buzz City" shirts with the #30 + Curry on the back, because they have chosen tonight to honor Charlotte legend... Dell Curry.

Lmfao. Touche', Charlotte.

lol, please
12-02-2015, 07:13 PM
So apparently at the Hornets/Warriors game tonight, the first 10K fans are getting "Buzz City" shirts with the #30 + Curry on the back, because they have chosen tonight to honor Charlotte legend... Dell Curry.

Lmfao. Touche', Charlotte.
I can't wait til tonight. We just need to keep winning every game.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 09:11 PM
As expected the Sixers@Knicks game is as exciting as watching paint dry.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Steph Curry with a super efficient 25 points.

so far in the 3rd quarter.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Oh my lord. He just pulled up from 35 feet and drained another. 28 point quarter. Nobody has ever been this good wtf is going on.

bgdreton
12-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Man Curry is snappin bruh..

tredigs
12-02-2015, 09:55 PM
He's not gonna be able to see the court in the 4th but that was special. Crowd gave him a standing O. On the road.

bgdreton
12-02-2015, 09:59 PM
He's not gonna be able to see the court in the 4th but that was special. Crowd gave him a standing O. On the road.

He is special a once in a lifetime type of player man I'm so happy I could just sit back and watch

tredigs
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM
His 2nd 40 point game this week he's sat the entire 4th lol. Did it on 18 field goal attempts and 4 FT's tonight. That's absolutely insane. Funny thing is that if anyone was going to do this tonight it looked like it might be Klay. He had like 15 in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Dubs + Curry are still playing a little too sloppy at times, and Draymond's shot is currently broke. But, they'll take it. 20-0 bam.

tp13baby
12-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Idc how bad my Nuggets are I'm excited about our future. Our guard play has sucked but our young big men is going to give teams fits in the future.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Looks like Kobe just had his best game of the year and they beat the Wiz on the b2b. Go figure.

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2015, 10:31 PM
we won :(

The crowd doe :clap:

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Damn, 15pts 19 rbs from Randle. I love it.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 10:38 PM
we won :(

The crowd doe :clap:

We lost :jumpy:

Making up for last nights sin.

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2015, 10:39 PM
We lost :jumpy:

Making up for last nights sin.

yea :(

warfelg
12-02-2015, 10:43 PM
yea :(

I got a feeling that even if we finish with the worst record and you guys 2nd worst, some team will end up jumping us. Like if the Pels finish out of the playoffs.

D-Leethal
12-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I got a feeling that even if we finish with the worst record and you guys 2nd worst, some team will end up jumping us. Like if the Pels finish out of the playoffs.

Precisely why Hinkie's plan consists of nothing more than tanking and praying, tanking and praying.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Curry is a video game. I have never, in my 30 years of watching basketball, seen his skill level. He is literally unstoppable.

I feel like I am a 13 year old kid when I watch him, I am amazed.

He ****ing pulls up on a dime and hits 27 footers in your face. Like, how on earth do you even stop that?

The dude is incredible. I LOVE watching Curry

omdigga
12-02-2015, 11:11 PM
its annoying how good curry is.

jerellh528
12-02-2015, 11:18 PM

Disagree, he's great to watch. When his shot is on, he's spectacular.

bucketss
12-02-2015, 11:26 PM

i feel you, its like someone put up all the sliders on 2k. makes no sense to be this good.

drops 40 easier than anyone i have seen, seems like he didn't even break a sweat.

kdspurman
12-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Man LMA has been really good defensively so far. Maybe it's due to less offensive responsibilities, but its been a pleasant surprise.

Overall the team defense has been crazy good. Offensively will still take some time, but the potential is there.

zn23
12-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Porzingis 17-10-4... not bad by his standards

zn23
12-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Emmanuel Mudiay is god awful. He's an example of player who should have have gone to college for 2 years to develop but instead decided to go pro for the money and he's looking very bad.

He's your typical athletic point guard with no jump shot whatsoever and has bad awareness as well. If you don't have a jump shot in this era you're not going to last long.

More-Than-Most
12-02-2015, 11:48 PM
One of those several games I said Kobe would win for the lakers this year... He has about 5 more or so in him this season

Vee-Rex
12-02-2015, 11:58 PM
I'm gonna miss Kobe. :(

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 12:01 AM
Disagree, he's great to watch. When his shot is on, he's spectacular.

he is always on. He is the most unstoppable force I have seen since Jordan. If he keeps this up, he blows right by Kobe, LeBron, any of them.

Like, how the **** do you just pull up from 28 off the dribble and it goes down like a layup? I was a really good shooter, and I can't even contain myself with some of the shots he pulls out of his ***.

Curry is unreal.

canzano55
12-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Steph Curry is the most entertaining player I've seen in years.

Vince Carter with his frequent highlight reel spectacular dunks is the only thing that comes close.

goingfor28
12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Steph is ridiculously talented. Unstoppable. I also find him to be one of the most obnoxious players in the league to watch with his stupid antics after every made shot. Feel like I'm one of the few who does not like him. At all.
That said he may very well run the league the next 5+ years, he's THAT good.

bucketss
12-03-2015, 01:12 AM
hes the first player i hate for being too good.

Lakers + Giants
12-03-2015, 01:47 AM
I can honestly say I don't hate curry at all. Just appreciate greatness fellas.

Allphakenny1
12-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Steph is ridiculously talented. Unstoppable. I also find him to be one of the most obnoxious players in the league to watch with his stupid antics after every made shot. Feel like I'm one of the few who does not like him. At all.

Greatness is always hated. There is not a great player ever that did not have people who hated them. That comes with the territory. No matter who the person is and what they do, people will find a reason to not like them.

aman_13
12-03-2015, 03:08 AM

He's just having fun, I love it

lol, please
12-03-2015, 03:58 AM
Oh my lord. He just pulled up from 35 feet and drained another. 28 point quarter. Nobody has ever been this good wtf is going on.
Just us dubs fans getting what we deserved ;)

SteBO
12-03-2015, 08:54 AM
I can honestly say I don't hate curry at all. Just appreciate greatness fellas.
This is one of those cases where the hate mostly stems from the fact that Curry is just an unfair player. Other fanbases realize that when Steph plays the way he plays, there's just nothing your favorite team can do to stop him and the Warriors. As a fanbase, there isn't a much worse feeling than the sense of helplessness. That's what GS is doing to opponents right now. I mean think about it, this is like what...the 3rd or 4th game where Curry has 40 in a game, in 3 quarters? Just ain't fair.

kdspurman
12-03-2015, 09:56 AM
16/10 for Timmy in 19 minutes. Stellar performance

kdspurman
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
This is one of those cases where the hate mostly stems from the fact that Curry is just an unfair player. Other fanbases realize that when Steph plays the way he plays, there's just nothing your favorite team can do to stop him and the Warriors. As a fanbase, there isn't a much worse feeling than the sense of helplessness. That's what GS is doing to opponents right now. I mean think about it, this is like what...the 3rd or 4th game where Curry has 40 in a game, in 3 quarters? Just ain't fair.

For me that's not it at all , I have similar thoughts as Goingfor28. There's a fine line between having fun on the court and showing up your opponent and I think they flirt with that whenever they play. I just don't appreciate the celebrating and/or dancing or whatever after you make an exciting play. I expect folks to disagree with that, cause some people enjoy that and it gets the fans excited, but for me I just don't think it's necessary as much as it's done. Just play the game, and respect your opponent and the game.

He's a great player obviously, and it doesn't take away from that from my perspective. I just am not a fan of that. Not just him/GS either, for me it's any player or team who does it.

LakersIn5
12-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Now i realize why alot of people hate on kobe because he is so damn good. Same with curry thats why i hate him. Mother****er gonna roll his ankle next week

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2015, 10:46 AM
https://streamable.com/5i64

This is just insane. How are you supposed to defend against a guy that can shoot from THAT far out. That wasn't from down town, that was from two counties over. Hell... he was practically in the next state.

Scoots
12-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Curry is a video game. I have never, in my 30 years of watching basketball, seen his skill level. He is literally unstoppable.

I feel like I am a 13 year old kid when I watch him, I am amazed.

He ****ing pulls up on a dime and hits 27 footers in your face. Like, how on earth do you even stop that?

The dude is incredible. I LOVE watching Curry

When the press has gone past awe and have all just started giggling like little girls you know the man is doing something way out there.

MygirlhatesCod
12-03-2015, 11:34 AM
For me that's not it at all , I have similar thoughts as Goingfor28. There's a fine line between having fun on the court and showing up your opponent and I think they flirt with that whenever they play. I just don't appreciate the celebrating and/or dancing or whatever after you make an exciting play. I expect folks to disagree with that, cause some people enjoy that and it gets the fans excited, but for me I just don't think it's necessary as much as it's done. Just play the game, and respect your opponent and the game.

He's a great player obviously, and it doesn't take away from that from my perspective. I just am not a fan of that. Not just him/GS either, for me it's any player or team who does it.

This is what I imagine when you watch spurs games: You are sitting on your beige boring couch sipping on tonic water and somehow without blinking watch the entire game with an emotionless face. Its sports if you honestly feel that fans, teams, and players cant get excited and express it then what makes you even want to watch?

Scoots
12-03-2015, 11:48 AM
The celebrations he does with the 3 fingers down is for his teammates since they started it, not him, and the tap the chest and the point to the sky is to thank God for guiding his hand. Ritual is important to sports and that's his. That stuff shouldn't be seen as excessive celebration. When he runs around and dances ... THAT is celebration for celebration but it's hardly every shot. And the fact of the matter is he knows he's putting on a show for the fans and the fans (all around the league) love it. At least he can celebrate and get back on D at the same time.

kdspurman
12-03-2015, 11:55 AM
This is what I imagine when you watch spurs games: You are sitting on your beige boring couch sipping on tonic water and somehow without blinking watch the entire game with an emotionless face. Its sports if you honestly feel that fans, teams, and players cant get excited and express it then what makes you even want to watch?

ha... replace that tonic water with a beer and you're close. I do blink and get upset though, so not entirely emotionless. Again though, you don't have to agree with my opinion. it's just that. we all have our preferences.

I don't mind when guys get excited. I feel some players/teams go overboard with it. Like Westbrook for example... Not even an exaggeration, a few years ago OKC is playing the Lakers, it was a Sunday afternoon game. OKC gets the tip, he hits a 3 and starts yelling and going nuts like it was the 4th quarter of a close game. I could do without all that, personally.

Re: the warriors, I think there's some disrespect towards your opponent when you celebrate and dance the way they do and as much as they do. It's not good sportsmanship (i must be an idiot for valuing that) see Lebron dancing on the sideline vs Chicago a few years back and the backlash he got

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Now i realize why alot of people hate on kobe because he is so damn good. Same with curry thats why i hate him. Mother****er gonna roll his ankle next week

Curry is likeable, Kobe is not. And honestly, Curry is doing **** that we have never seen. Ever. He keeps this up he flies by Kobe on the all time list. Hell he flies by nearly everyone haha

Scoots
12-03-2015, 12:17 PM
One of the reason I loved Jordan was because it was obvious that he was having fun. He was smiling, he was interacting, he was celebrating. I remember him tickling an opposing player in the playoffs. I'm sure some people thought that was disrespectful, but it was clear that he knew he was playing a game. I think Curry has a lot of that same spirit.

MygirlhatesCod
12-03-2015, 12:43 PM
ha... replace that tonic water with a beer and you're close. I do blink and get upset though, so not entirely emotionless. Again though, you don't have to agree with my opinion. it's just that. we all have our preferences.

I don't mind when guys get excited. I feel some players/teams go overboard with it. Like Westbrook for example... Not even an exaggeration, a few years ago OKC is playing the Lakers, it was a Sunday afternoon game. OKC gets the tip, he hits a 3 and starts yelling and going nuts like it was the 4th quarter of a close game. I could do without all that, personally.

Re: the warriors, I think there's some disrespect towards your opponent when you celebrate and dance the way they do and as much as they do. It's not good sportsmanship (i must be an idiot for valuing that) see Lebron dancing on the sideline vs Chicago a few years back and the backlash he got

I do understand that some don't like showing emotion. but the irony about that is how much emotion is used complaining about it. I think it works out for both sides. weather you want them to succeed or the celebrating angers you to the point that your only happiness is their failure it makes watching the warriors play that much more enjoyable. I mean, at this point Im thinking you would actually enjoy a warriors loss more than a spurs win and that's why its good for the fans because everyone is now invested. also how does starting the season 20-0 not merit some showboating?

kdspurman
12-03-2015, 12:49 PM
I do understand that some don't like showing emotion. but the irony about that is how much emotion is used complaining about it. I think it works out for both sides. weather you want them to succeed or the celebrating angers you to the point that your only happiness is their failure it makes watching the warriors play that much more enjoyable. I mean, at this point Im thinking you would actually enjoy a warriors loss more than a spurs win and that's why its good for the fans because everyone is now invested. also how does starting the season 20-0 not merit some showboating?

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?? lol.. All I did was touch on what another poster brought up in terms of Curry and how he is on the court... Just so you know, nothing pisses me off more than SA losing games, games that they should be winning... Though I admit I've become a little more numb to regular season losses in general after the 2013 finals.

I'm not invested in anything and maybe you completely missed what i was saying? Showboating is not needed every single game IMO. Like i said, it's disrespectful to your opponent. You ever play sports and deal with guys who are constantly showboating? It's unnecessary to do it as much as it's done

lol, please
12-06-2015, 01:36 PM

TL;DR : the warriors have me shook, I know my spurs stand no chance. The warriors win with class and are the better franchise and I can't contain my jealousy.

Gander13SM
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I enjoy seeing people have fun when playing basketball. Because that's what playing basketball is about.

I think people confuse arrogance and bad sportsmanship with having fun. They have to learn to take it in jest. It's all in good humour.

I don't see how it's different from the way Popovich treats reporters during interviews, that could easily be construed as disgustingly arrogant and if it was Curry/LeBron or any player dismissing reporters like that people might have an issue with it. Personally I love Popovich hes my favourite coach of all time and his interviews are fantastic.

And I don't see how Westbrook's celebrating is bad sportsmanship but Manu's incessant flopping isn't. It's all about perspective really (big Manu fan btw).

Each to their own though.