PDA

View Full Version : Hear Me out.. Ty Lawson for Goran Dragic trade makes a lot of sense

Nikeman
12-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Hear me out guys, both have played horrible till date, but Lawson has a non-guaranteed contract next season. Dragic may be a better fit in Houston and Lawson here.

The main reason to do this deal is lets face it, we are not winning anything this season, for 2016,we do NOT have Whiteside's bird rights, we need money to sign him he's been a stud and a top 2 center this season in my books, just a complete force on defense. Like it or not, he's getting a max deal.

Lawson could be released and re-signed at a much cheaper price and allow us to keep the core. At this point, Dragic's 90m contract may hamper our 2016 plans.

hotdalton18
12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Yes

Goran sucks

And like you said Lawson would allow us to resign Whiteside

Mr. Baller
12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Yeah lets add another point guard who needs the ball in his hands to be successful. That'll work

beasted86
12-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Yeah, let's trade for a worse PG having a worse year. Terrible trade idea.

The HEAT has more than enough money to resign Whiteside to a max contract. What they don't have is enough to resign Whiteside and go after Durant or any other star making double digits.I'd possibly consider it if Houston throws in 2 first round picks.

justinnum1
12-02-2015, 06:10 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52959656.jpg

Derick713
12-03-2015, 12:09 AM
All I know about Dragic is the Heat had to resign him after what they gave up to acquire him. The Miami Heat will be players during the trade deadline based on the type of contracts they have. Everyone knows that the Heat will try hard to avoid being a repeat tax payer. Pat Riley likes to go big and I could see him packaging Dragic and Deng in an all in play for Carmelo Anthony. There's little doubt that Anthony would okay a deal to play in Miami given his relationship with Bosh and Wade. Phil probably wants a younger nucleolus centered around Porzingis.

In the end you gotta believe that Pat Riley wants to see his current team develop chemistry and grow throughout the season. If Riley can dump Anderson or McRoberts on a team for salary cap relief then I think that's all that's bound to happen.

AllBall
12-03-2015, 02:56 AM
I simply want to see Dragic come off the bench first, and then reevaluate the situation after that.

flashelement
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
I like the trade for Carmelo. That would get us farther this year than sticking with Goran.

king james
12-13-2015, 01:15 AM
I've felt for a while now that Carmelo would be a play that Riley would go after, for the simple fact that we need a scorer and I mean a pure scorer like Melo. Don't know how it would happen but I wouldn't be surprise if it happened.

The question is do u throw all ur eggs in the basket for this season and try and win it or do u still try for Durant? Cuz u can't have both.

AllBall
12-13-2015, 02:52 AM
All public comments from Riley has made it clear he is making a play for Durant. Regardless of what the fans and media think, he's going for it.

justinnum1
12-13-2015, 10:37 AM
it's obvious ownership/mgmt doesn't see us contending this year. they are trying to do something in 2016.

lavilevi23
12-13-2015, 12:03 PM
This is a year that they probably just want out stars playing at a high level (Wade,BoshDragic) to entice Durant to join us next season. They dont mind the outcome by the way it looks.

justinnum1
12-13-2015, 12:31 PM
This is a year that they probably just want out stars playing at a high level (Wade,BoshDragic) to entice Durant to join us next season. They dont mind the outcome by the way it looks.

Wade doing his best kobe impersonation is not the best recruiting material one would think

blade151
12-14-2015, 01:01 AM
Durant isnt coming to Miami. I mean, I wouldnt put anything past Riley but if you can trade Goran and Deng now for Anthony, you have to do that. See how they play with Whiteside and determine what his value is then.