PDA

View Full Version : If AD forced a trade, what would be some legit options?

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
As reported, Anthony Davis is a little frustrated:
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/frustration-growing-for-anthony-davis-as-pelicans-try-to-dig-out-of-hole-384546.html

Obviously he isn't at the point of forcing a trade; the team wasn't even expected to contend this year. But a playoff berth certainly was expected, and doesn't look like it's in the cards.

If it were to get to that point (which I doubt it will any time this year), what you be some options that would be tempting?

AD and Anderson to LAC for Griffin and DaJ?

AD+Holiday to CLE for K-Love+Kyrie?

AD + Holiday to OKC for Westy+Kanter

Obviously none of these are realistic, but what kind of package would be fair for him?

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
12-01-2015, 10:52 PM
There is no fair package. Anything they would realistically get would be an undersell as we constantly see when trading a superstar.

Dade County
12-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Winslow, Bosh or Whiteside, Deng, McRob.

Yeah, not happening lol

Dragon
Wade
Green
AD
? Either Bosh or Whiteside.

mrblisterdundee
12-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Winslow, Bosh or Whiteside, Deng, McRob.

Yeah, not happening lol

Dragon
Wade
Green
AD
? Either Bosh or Whiteside.

I would demand both Winslow and Whiteside for Davis, although I'd be willing to swallow Deng's contract and send back Omer Asik.

PG - Ish Smith/Jrue Holiday
SG - Tyreke Evans
SF - Justise Winslow/Luol Deng
PF - Ryan Anderson
C - Hassan Whiteside

Sixth man: Luol Deng/Justise Winslow

slaker619
12-01-2015, 11:48 PM
No fair trade

Dade County
12-01-2015, 11:53 PM
I would demand both Winslow and Whiteside for Davis, although I'd be willing to swallow Deng's contract and send back Omer Asik.

PG - Ish Smith/Jrue Holiday
SG - Tyreke Evans
SF - Justise Winslow/Luol Deng
PF - Ryan Anderson
C - Hassan Whiteside

Sixth man: Luol Deng/Justise Winslow

The reason why i wrote Bosh or Whiteside is because whiteside is a free agent after this year, no bird rights attached.

But anyteam trading for AD would most likely need a 3rd team to join in, like the 6ers to take back bad contracts.

5ass
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM
The reason why i wrote Bosh or Whiteside is because whiteside is a free agent after this year, no bird rights attached.

But anyteam trading for AD would most likely need a 3rd team to join in, like the 6ers to take back bad contracts.

That's why it doesn't make sense to trade Whiteside. His value for the Heat is much higher than to other teams. There's no guarantee he re-signs in NO.

Bostonjorge
12-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Harrison Barns who's playing great ball this year(my vote for Most improve) and green the Def player of the year.

5ass
12-02-2015, 12:27 AM
Magic trade Napier, Hezonja, Vucevic, Harris, and future 1sts.

Payton/Watson
Oladipo/
Fournier
Gordon/Nicholson
AD/Dedmon/Smith

sens#11fan
12-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Maybe, he can return to his hometown Chicago? The bulls have some pieces...

JasonJohnHorn
12-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Harrison Barns who's playing great ball this year(my vote for Most improve) and green the Def player of the year.

Barnes+Green+Bogut+Ezeli+4 first round picks (unprotected).

Would you ship all that out for AD alone? Contracts wouldn't match, obviously, but in principle.

I would... but that said.... I would give up AD for that if I were NO.

I think that would leave GSW with enough cap space to sign KD as well... Curry+KD+AD+Klay.... that gives you 3 of the top 4 players in the league.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Barnes+Green+Bogut+Ezeli+4 first round picks (unprotected).

Would you ship all that out for AD alone? Contracts wouldn't match, obviously, but in principle.

I would... but that said.... I would give up AD for that if I were NO.

I think that would leave GSW with enough cap space to sign KD as well... Curry+KD+AD+Klay.... that gives you 3 of the top 4 players in the league.
Why would the Warriors ever do that lol. That's a horrible package to give up. Dude Draymond alone gives borderline top 10 value, and you crush their depth + synergy. Also adding 4 firsts??? lol what.

If given the choice to straight up trade AD for Draymond today, I'd turn that down if I'm Golden State. You don't mess with what they have, and Green is a massive reason they are the team they are.

Wade n Fade
12-02-2015, 01:27 AM
What about Toronto? They have J-Val, T-Ross, Derozan, and a Knicks first rounder to give up. There are some young projects like Bruno, Noguiera, and Norman Powell. Toronto has the assets to maybe pull off a massive trade for a good player or maybe some decent piece. Derozan is an upgrade over Eric Gordon and sending Gordon to Toronto allows New Orleans to get a SG and a C to build around.

krazylegz
12-02-2015, 01:29 AM
As reported, Anthony Davis is a little frustrated:
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/frustration-growing-for-anthony-davis-as-pelicans-try-to-dig-out-of-hole-384546.html

Obviously he isn't at the point of forcing a trade; the team wasn't even expected to contend this year. But a playoff berth certainly was expected, and doesn't look like it's in the cards.

If it were to get to that point (which I doubt it will any time this year), what you be some options that would be tempting?

AD and Anderson to LAC for Griffin and DaJ?

AD+Holiday to CLE for K-Love+Kyrie?

AD + Holiday to OKC for Westy+Kanter

Obviously none of these are realistic, but what kind of package would be fair for him?

pppfffttt....better throw in Bourbon Street with that trade

shep33
12-02-2015, 01:32 AM
Randle, Clarkson, Russell, Hibbert... prime Robert Horry in there too

Nikeman
12-02-2015, 02:46 AM
Winslow + Whiteseide. Best deal hands down for the Pelicans, nothing even comes close. Elite 19 year old prospect who was a top 5 talent this season locked into a rookie contract and then becomes a RFA allowing NO to keep control of him for the next 5+ years, and arguably the 2nd best center in the league this season and a defensive force in whiteside, just 26.

Whiteside I believe has the highest PER this season among centers and is averaging a ridiculous 5 blocks a game!

mngopher35
12-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Rubio+Kmart (could be used to try and trade for pick?)+lavine+shabazz+Dieng+picks+bag of doritos

Wiggins/Davis/Towns front court

Pretty sure Davis is signed for a while and they wouldn't consider trading him for a few years at least realistically. If it came to it they wouldn't get back the same value most likely though (unless the perfect situation arose, maybe another star is also unhappy and they swap which we couldn't predict until the time came).

shep33
12-02-2015, 03:02 AM
Honestly, he'd look like an idiot if he forced a trade. He won't do it. At least not for a few years

MonroeFAN
12-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Andre Drummond and two unprotected firsts.

da ThRONe
12-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Davis is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. Dude is not a great jumpshooter, he has no "go to" moves in the post, he's an ok defensive player outside of blocks. Most of his made baskets are easy assisted lay ups/dunks or open jumpshots. I see the potential, but 4 years in he's not that impact player. As a Pelicans fan I'd take a deal where some team is willing to mortgage their future for Davis. If Davis was as great as the hype we wouldn't be 4-14.

MonroeFAN
12-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Cool story

Dade County
12-02-2015, 10:56 AM
That's why it doesn't make sense to trade Whiteside. His value for the Heat is much higher than to other teams. There's no guarantee he re-signs in NO.

Agreed, but that would be up to the team that is willing to take that gamble.

But if they would take Bosh instead... Then i would enjoy a 5yr long block party.

AD & Whiteside.

But yeah, i see the laker trade winning out, because idk if golden state would be willing to offer so much.

Sly Guy
12-02-2015, 11:05 AM
There is no fair package. Anything they would realistically get would be an undersell as we constantly see when trading a superstar.

this. It'd be the best of a selection of lowballs.

urban85disciple
12-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Embiid, Okafor, and Noel, plus our 1st AND the Lakers 1st. Beat that, suckas! Lol.

Seriously tho, there is NO fair trade for AD that any team will be willing to make.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 11:56 AM
If they traded him, they would have to decide are they retooling on the fly or taring it down and rebuilding from the studs so to speak.

If you are looking to retool on the fly, the best option is to find a team with multiple stars, but no superstar, and trade a few of them to get AD.

What if Chicago went with:
Miratic, Noah, Gibson, Rose, 2017 Pick for AD and Holiday

Gives Chicago a second star with Butler to build around. NO gets some bigs, a PG, and a pick. And two of the bigs are stars who give them a good base.

If they decide to go full rebuild with this and admit the direction they took was a bad one, would there be a better team to trade with than Philadelphia? We got more assets than anyone to pass along to help start a full overhaul.

We could offer:
Our pick, 2017 Pick, Miami Pick, OKC Pick, Saric, Okafor, Stauskis, Wroten for AD and a bad contract.

Now many other teams can just overwhelm them with assets to use.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2015, 12:12 PM
What about Toronto? They have J-Val, T-Ross, Derozan, and a Knicks first rounder to give up. There are some young projects like Bruno, Noguiera, and Norman Powell. Toronto has the assets to maybe pull off a massive trade for a good player or maybe some decent piece. Derozan is an upgrade over Eric Gordon and sending Gordon to Toronto allows New Orleans to get a SG and a C to build around.

Ross and DeRozan aren't to exciting. Only trade bait would be is Val and the Knicks pick and maybe Lowery. But the Knicks are winning some games so that pick isn't as exciting when your trading AD. As for trading AD to the Heat still wouldn't be fair. Even a Whiteside, Bosh swap for AD isn't to appealing for the Pelicans. But like Slaker619 said no fair trade for the Pelicans. Yeah that Clippers trade for Griffin and Jordan be tempting as last resort Hail Mary. But if Griffin opts out of player option in year 3 then only Jordan to show for isn't exciting.

I think most likely Pelicans have some kinda win now trade at the trade deadline to save face. But so many injuries not sure who they can land. Asik hasn't been that appealing. Anderson is a better version of Ersan so he might have some value also is a expiring. Holiday been injured. Gordon is a $15M expiring contract so he could be dealt.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2015, 12:19 PM
If they traded him, they would have to decide are they retooling on the fly or taring it down and rebuilding from the studs so to speak.

If you are looking to retool on the fly, the best option is to find a team with multiple stars, but no superstar, and trade a few of them to get AD.

What if Chicago went with:
Miratic, Noah, Gibson, Rose, 2017 Pick for AD and Holiday

Gives Chicago a second star with Butler to build around. NO gets some bigs, a PG, and a pick. And two of the bigs are stars who give them a good base.

If they decide to go full rebuild with this and admit the direction they took was a bad one, would there be a better team to trade with than Philadelphia? We got more assets than anyone to pass along to help start a full overhaul.

We could offer:
Our pick, 2017 Pick, Miami Pick, OKC Pick, Saric, Okafor, Stauskis, Wroten for AD and a bad contract.

Now many other teams can just overwhelm them with assets to use.

Rose and Noah stocks are dropping. Mirotic been somewhat over rated. Gibson isn't what he use to be. Bulls pick wont have much value. All in all Pelicans laugh and hang up the phone. I think Pelicans would look elsewhere. If anything Pelicans probably be one of the gullible teams to take Rose off Bulls hands though for like Holiday and Evans or bigger trade with Noah going with and Asik coming back or something like that. I think Pelicans make a push to get another name on the roster to keep AD happy. I know I would. But Rose I wouldn't go for but is a name around the league.

warfelg
12-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Rose and Noah stocks are dropping. Mirotic been somewhat over rated. Gibson isn't what he use to be. Bulls pick wont have much value. All in all Pelicans laugh and hang up the phone. I think Pelicans would look elsewhere. If anything Pelicans probably be one of the gullible teams to take Rose off Bulls hands though for like Holiday and Evans or bigger trade with Noah going with and Asik coming back or something like that. I think Pelicans make a push to get another name on the roster to keep AD happy. I know I would. But Rose I wouldn't go for but is a name around the league.

Well I didn't mean for that to be the actual offer, but rather an idea of what they could do if they were looking to retool on the fly.

But I agree, that if I were there, I would be looking to bring in help for AD before I considered moving him, especially since I have all the leverage right now. But, who on that roster is worth enough to bring in someone of talent? Holiday is injury after injury. Evans is as overrated as they come. Gordon can't stay healthy. Asik makes way too much to really get back a favorable package. Anderson doesn't fetch you much. If you trade your own pick along with a combination of guys, it gets devalued.

At best I think they mix in a 3rd team to get another high value player to be involved in the trade. A team that has a good player but isn't going anywhere with them.

I dunno. All I know is when you trade a player of AD's caliber you will never get something of similar value. You're always going to lose.

JasonJohnHorn
12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
this. It'd be the best of a selection of lowballs.

I think there would be potential packages that would be fair, it's just a matter of whether somebody would be willing to trade a piece of close to equal value.

If they were offer Blake+DaJ for AD and Asik, that to me would be a fair trade. DaJ is FAR better than Asik, and Blake is nearly as valuable as Ad. Blake is a franchise player who is young and in his prime and has been healthy since his rookie season. Not as good defensively, but a much better offensive player, and DaJ is a solid defender and great rebounder.

A deal like that wouldn't be out of the question, or too far fetched, but it would mean the Clippers would have to give up two great pieces for one.

Obviously I don't think that would happen. AD will be patient this year and look to see what the team can add via the big free agency season, and the draft, as well as any trades.

The Pelicans, though they have an awful fawking record, have some great pieces. When the draft comes up, they'll have a nice pick and a former All-Star (Holiday) and ROY (Evans) to package up to clear space and move up in the draft or bring in some serious talent (and they could even throw Gordon in there if need be). Such a move could also clear cap space. On top of that, they wouldn't have to throw in their sharp shooters if they didn't want to, so guys like Ryan Andersen and Douglas could stay on board to continue to help spreading the floor and serve as great role players. And Babbit and Gordon ain't all bad from down town.

Obviously AD isn't going anywhere this year, and likely not next year either, but it is an interesting conversation.

JLynn943
12-02-2015, 02:07 PM
From the Kings, it would have to be centered on Cousins. If they're losing AD, why not replace him with another great young big? It'd be interesting to see what other pieces would have to be involved.

Scoots
12-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Winslow + Whiteseide. Best deal hands down for the Pelicans, nothing even comes close. Elite 19 year old prospect who was a top 5 talent this season

Winslow is top 5 this season???? He's not even starting is he?

I love Winslow, but top 5 this season? No.

MonroeFAN
12-02-2015, 05:03 PM
No it's ridiculous nonsense.

Bostonjorge
12-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Embiid, Okafor, and Noel, plus our 1st AND the Lakers 1st. Beat that, suckas! Lol.

Seriously tho, there is NO fair trade for AD that any team will be willing to make.

NO would have to accept that if that was proposed especially if Davis is unhappy and demanded a trade. Not saying he is mad and wants to be traded but that's a nice haul.

Scoots
12-02-2015, 06:07 PM
I think AD should come play in GS with Durant. We'll send back Bogut, Iguodala, and Barbosa.