PDA

View Full Version : 12/1 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
12-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Tuesday December 1st, 2015

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/wsh.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/cle.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM
http://web2.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/images/generic/channellogos/nba_tv.jpg

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phi.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phx.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/bkn.png&h=70&w=70

7:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/orl.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/min.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mem.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/no.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/dal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/por.png&h=70&w=70

10:00PM
http://web2.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/images/generic/channellogos/nba_tv.jpg

tredigs
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Kobe's last game in Philly. Might be the Sixers first win.

zn23
12-01-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm taking the Sixers to get their first win tonight. #CountonKobe

Iron24th
12-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Game of the night: Lakers@sixers

And yes I wouldn't be surprised if the sixers get their first win.

5ass
12-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Wolves vs Magic was fun last time. Hopefully Skiles puts Gordon on Wiggins. Fournier shouldn't have to guard him. BTW Oladipo has been coming off the bench for the last three games (playing 28 mpg). His per 36 numbers during that stretch? 27 PPG, 7 APG, 8 RPG.

Excited to see these young teams go it at again. IMO they're the two most talented young teams in the league. Town was incredible last time.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Yeah I watched that Wolves/Magic game too, super fun teams.

So what's the deal with the Dipo move to the bench? If they/he continue to play better with it like this, do you think that it will last? Sort of strange to see the face of a franchise as a bench player who doesn't even get his name called before the game (even if he's getting the minutes).

5ass
12-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah I watched that Wolves/Magic game too, super fun teams.

So what's the deal with the Dipo move to the bench? If they/he continue to play better with it like this, do you think that it will last? Sort of strange to see the face of a franchise as a bench player who doesn't even get his name called before the game (even if he's getting the minutes).

Basically not enough ball to go around, not enough shooters, and Fournier has been very good. We have Harris barely getting any touches as it is, Vucevic needs to get some post ups, Payton and Fournier are very good with the ball in their hands. Can't bench Payton because he's a floor general. Oladipo is more of a combo guard so it's not a good idea to put him at PG. Frye was able to step up and is having a career year. He's playing his role to perfection. Actually he's by far exceeding my expectations when it comes to his defense and rebounding. He really doesn't demand touches, but can still demands attention because he's such a great shooter. I'm loving the Frye signing right now.

Oladipo is able to come in off the bench and sometimes be our primary ball handler. Just give him high screens and let him play that combo guard role he's used to. Even going to last year the guy's % on shots off the dribble were much better than off the ball. So he still has to learn to be a better off the ball player. I don't know how the future will look like because that'll depend on so many factors like how his shot improves, how Mario develops, if Gordon (or possibly Harris) becomes a consistent shooter that draws attention, and if Payton can continue to improve his shooting (36% from three and 72% FTs this year), ect. For now, there's no question he's better off the bench as long as he doesn't start *****ing about it. He's just getting more opportunities to do what he's good at right now. We're 3-0 since he's been benched and we just had two blow out wins against the Bucks and Celtics.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how that develops. As long as they're playing better and he's getting the #'s, he'll probably be fine with it.

zn23
12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
That was nice by the Sixers

zn23
12-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Kobe isn't passing...

warfelg
12-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Kobe shooting early like he want 100 in Philly.

zn23
12-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Can the Lakers make more than one pass on offense before shooting?

zn23
12-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Ugly offense by the Lakers.

zn23
12-01-2015, 08:36 PM
That was a good end to the quarter by the Lakers. Good ball movement and good defense.

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Can we please relegate the 76ers to the D-league?

tredigs
12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Lol Kobe already with 16 shot attempts. I've only been half tuning in, but at one point I was watching he literally just pulled up from 36 feet only to loudly clank the 3. His farewell tour... will not be quiet. And it's great.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Lebron had an amazing two handed overhead bounce pass that he threaded between two defenders to RJ in transition. Best of the year from him.

zn23
12-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Did Kobe need to jack up those last two 3's? The Sixers are back in the game because of it.

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Did Kobe need to jack up those last two 3's? The Sixers are back in the game because of it.

All part of the plan.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 09:43 PM
The Battle For Ben Simmons just got real! Fiiight.

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
The Battle For Ben Simmons just got real! Fiiight.

The only time this year that either team has been competitive.

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
14 3s for kobe with 5 min left in the third quarter. That could land us Simmons. Lets go 6ers!

tredigs
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
The only time this year that either team has been competitive.

Do you think he yelled "Kobe!" when he shot this? https://twitter.com/dioraeg/status/671867497331728385

Now 14 3pt Attempts for Kobe mid-way through the 3rd quarter. This is so fun to watch.

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 09:52 PM
That would've still looked good in a youtube highlight tre.

If youre gonna go out, go out shooting right? At least go out the kobe way. His youtube highlight might still be impressive as hell since it'll just show the makes.

5ass
12-01-2015, 09:54 PM
The league is in trouble. The Magic have released the beast Andrew Nicholson. Lol I love that dude. Most underrated player in the league.

Chrisclover
12-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Go Kobe!

TrueFan420
12-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Looks like the sixers are gonna get their first win

Lakers + Giants
12-01-2015, 10:12 PM
76ers up 14 with 7 min left. :)

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:12 PM
This is so embarrassing for the Lakers.. down 12 to an 0-18 team... Kobe is 7-23 as has just shot the team out of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Kobe is -21 for the game...

Vee-Rex
12-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Cavs look horrible. I don't think we'd make it out the 2nd round the way we're playing these last few games.

Last year we were blowing teams out and resting starters in the 4th Dubs-style.

jason
12-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Cavs look horrible. I don't think we'd make it out the 2nd round the way we're playing these last few games.

Wizards are playing kind of hard though.. I see they just went super small ball also

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:14 PM
The league is in trouble. The Magic have released the beast Andrew Nicholson. Lol I love that dude. Most underrated player in the league.
Can't be that underrated if he can't get 20 minutes a night for you guys can he? I don't watch for him much, but the box-score + advanced #'s are not a fan of him.

Teeboy1487
12-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Only the Lakers can make guys like Cannan, Grant, and Covington look like allstars. Truly expected us to win tonight. Love Kobe but once again, shot us out another game. Scott has to be fired after this.

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:16 PM

aren't Mozgov and Irving out?

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:20 PM
There goes the Lakers chances... Putting Kobe back in the game...

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Even the Sixers can't blow this lead, right? ... RIGHT?

Looks like a rough night for 'Bron in Cleveland tonight. 9 turnovers already.

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
For the Lakers to win, Kobe shouldn't even attempt to shoot. Just set guys up like he did on that play and play some defense for once.

warfelg
12-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Noel was rejuvenated tonight coming off the bench.

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:30 PM
That play right there is a microcosm of Kobe's career... 4 on 2 and Kobe instead opts to pull up for a 3 and loses the ball...

Just awful.

More-Than-Most
12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
chanting Kobe... That is amazing

archdevil84
12-01-2015, 10:33 PM
kobe shot 17 threes tonight? lol

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:33 PM
4 for 17 from 3. Chants of "Kobe! Kobe! Kobe!" and hugs + smiles as he leaves the court.

Kobe don't g.a.f. haha.

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:35 PM
7-26 (20 points), 4-17 from the 3

Only 2 assists and 3 turnovers..

With a -21 (+/-)

Result: 14 point loss. Not only have the Lakers assumed the mantle of the worst team in the league, Kobe must be considered the Worst Player in the league or at the very least the LVP = Least Valuable Player.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:37 PM
7-26 (20 points), 4-17 from the 3

Only 2 assists and 3 turnovers..

With a -21 (+/-)

Result: 14 point loss. Not only have the Lakers assumed the mantle of the worst team in the league, Kobe must be considered the Worst Player in the league or at the very least the LVP = Least Valuable Player.

No player in the last 30 years who gets minutes has ever been close to as bad as Kobe is currently playing. He's the worst player I've ever seen and I can't imagine a scenario where anyone in the future could ever get PT playing at his level. That's just the sober reality of the situation.

Laker fans who are aiming to the future are thrilled with that, though. Looking like they'll have a super good chance of keeping their pick.

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:41 PM
No player in the last 30 years who gets minutes has ever been close to as bad as Kobe is currently playing. He's the worst player I've ever seen and I can't imagine a scenario where anyone in the future could ever get PT playing at his level.

I can't either. He is playing at the lowest level I've ever seen a player play with the amount of minutes he's playing.

This is why they suck this year. Yes, they're a young inexperienced bunch. Yes, Byron Scott is a terrible coach. Yes, they can't rotate on defense. But Kobe has made them much worse.

warfelg
12-01-2015, 10:44 PM
I'm glad I got to go to the final Kobe "home" game.

Ugly game at times. Despite the win we are still leading "Suck for Simmons". Noel looked more natural tonight. Got that fire back that he had last year.

jerellh528
12-01-2015, 10:46 PM
With as much as that zn guy is tryin to bash Kobe it seems as if it was his gf back in Colorado in 03. Jesus I never seen someone so obsessed

zn23
12-01-2015, 10:49 PM
With as much as that zn guy is tryin to bash Kobe it seems as if it was his gf back in Colorado in 03. Jesus I never seen someone so obsessed

My girlfriend when I was 11?

5ass
12-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Can't be that underrated if he can't get 20 minutes a night for you guys can he? I don't watch for him much, but the box-score + advanced #'s are not a fan of him.

He doesn't usually get 20 mpg, he used to sit out most games until last week. He's like a prime Big Baby level player IMO, or can be if he's used properly. Vaughn basically made him a spot up shooter last season when he's a very good post player. Still he's developed a decent 3 pt shot, he can still post up, he's made a lot of improvement defensively, and he gives effort on the glass.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 11:16 PM
^Gotchya gotchya

5ass
12-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Plus, Nicholson has a physics degree. How did I forget to mention that lol. Nice comeback by the wolves from down 17.

5ass
12-01-2015, 11:37 PM
4 game win streak for the Magic. Finally the young guys are getting a taste of winning. Should make them even hungrier.

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2015, 12:10 AM
4 for 17 from 3. Chants of "Kobe! Kobe! Kobe!" and hugs + smiles as he leaves the court.

Kobe don't g.a.f. haha.

Honestly, that's great. Go out guns blazin to end your career. **** it, you're not gonna win many more games anyway. Might as well just enjoy these last games.

zn23
12-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Honestly, that's great. Go out guns blazin to end your career. **** it, you're not gonna win many more games anyway. Might as well just enjoy these last games.

Is this enjoyable to watch though as a fan?

I can't imagine Lakers fans, or really Lakers players, being too happy to watch this abomination unfold.

tredigs
12-02-2015, 01:05 AM
^I'd imagine it makes it much easier for them to watch knowing that they need to lose as many games as possible to earn that pick. We'd be having a WAY different look at this situation if that was not the case. If they were a legit team with a chance at the playoffs and I was on the team with Kobe, I'd do everything in my power to freeze him out and have all the other players do the same. What he's doing on the court is beyond selfish. And if it wasn't so funny to watch it would just be downright sad. To be the commander of the ship who's leading what was once a proud franchise into "laughing stock of the NBA" should not be as accepted as it is, but again, that pick...

zn23
12-02-2015, 01:14 AM
^I'd imagine it makes it much easier for them to watch knowing that they need to lose as many games as possible to earn that pick. We'd be having a WAY different look at this situation if that was not the case. If they were a legit team with a chance at the playoffs and I was on the team with Kobe, I'd do everything in my power to freeze him out and have all the other players do the same. What he's doing on the court is beyond selfish. And if it wasn't so funny to watch it would just be downright sad. To be the commander of the ship who's leading what was once a proud franchise into "laughing stock of the NBA" should not be as accepted as it is, but again, that pick...

But this isn't the NFL, you're not guaranteed the first pick of the draft for coming last place. There's a draft lottery and the last place team might not get that no.1 pick...

tredigs
12-02-2015, 01:44 AM
But this isn't the NFL, you're not guaranteed the first pick of the draft for coming last place. There's a draft lottery and the last place team might not get that no.1 pick...

Well it's not so much about the #1 as it is trying to secure top 3. If the balls land on #4 or later, the pick goes to the Sixers (via the Suns in the Nash deal I think). I mean no matter what, they'll need to get lucky to keep it. But, the more losses the better for that scenario. I think right now they'd have a ~55% chance of keeping it if the records ended as they are (20% chance at Simmons, which to me is actually the only definite game changer I've seen so far). With Brooklyn actually "turning it around" and winning a few games (+ having no incentive to tank since they don't have a pick this year), and the Pelicans likely to win plenty more games than LA once they get Evans back and get back on track, it's really just them and the Sixers at the bottom of the pile. So, odds are (slightly) that they will in fact get to keep it. If this team gets Simmons, they'll be in good shape in 3 years.

Wade n Fade
12-02-2015, 01:49 AM
Anyone find it ironic Kobe lost to an 0-18 76ers team in his last game ever in Philly? I was surprised Philly was favored before the game. Vegas got it right I guess.

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2015, 02:29 AM
Well it's not so much about the #1 as it is trying to secure top 3. If the balls land on #4 or later, the pick goes to the Sixers (via the Suns in the Nash deal I think). I mean no matter what, they'll need to get lucky to keep it. But, the more losses the better for that scenario. I think right now they'd have a ~55% chance of keeping it if the records ended as they are (20% chance at Simmons, which to me is actually the only definite game changer I've seen so far). With Brooklyn actually "turning it around" and winning a few games (+ having no incentive to tank since they don't have a pick this year), and the Pelicans likely to win plenty more games than LA once they get Evans back and get back on track, it's really just them and the Sixers at the bottom of the pile. So, odds are (slightly) that they will in fact get to keep it. If this team gets Simmons, they'll be in good shape in 3 years.

This This This.

Obviously want Simmons bad but just keeping our top 3 protected pick would be good. After this year I definitely want this team to be competitive again, thats for sure. No more supporting the tank after this. Kobe's contract has locked us up, after his contract expires I'm expecting a competitive team. And a few years from now we should be legit with our 3 youngsters + This years top 3 pick (if we keep it) + A **** load of cap space.

Chronz
12-02-2015, 06:04 AM
Noel was rejuvenated tonight coming off the bench.

Is that really for the best tho??

warfelg
12-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Is that really for the best tho??

If we play better as a team....sure.

It was quite obvious that Noel and Okafor on the court doesn't work. So in an effort to start out faster you start either Okafor or Noel, bring the other off the bench.

Thumper 88
12-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Dirk still has it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Bucks versus Spurs tonight. Oh boy. Even though in the past with Glenn Robinson or Bogut we always mustered up shocking victories. Bucks reacted well with MCW and Parker coming off the bench. MCW woke up and the light bulb went on and back to playing some great defense like the Bulls series.