PDA

View Full Version : Should KG announce his retirement next?

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Averaging 2.8 points/game, went 0-5 with 0 points yesterday. Why is he still playing?

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Money makes people play longer than they should in his case. When a franchise wants to overpay you to just literally fill a roster void and provide "leadership" then you would be kicking yourself if you're not going to take the $. Honestly, with Flip's passing, KG could be the next player to jump into coaching right away. He could make a very intense T-Wolves coach. Do I think he will be good off the bat? No. But the way the NBA is going with first year coaches without paying proper dues? Anything is possible, to borrow KG's famous line.

Corey
12-01-2015, 03:05 AM
He's doing a great job with Towns, Wiggins, Dieng, Bjelica and LaVine. He's changed a lot and his expectations as a player have changed greatly as well.

He's been doing really well as a leader and role model for those guys.

He isn't in the game anymore for stats or fame, he's past that.

Jeffy25
12-01-2015, 03:39 AM
He is there to be a leader, along with Prince and Miller

He isn't shooting, but he is rebounding and helping Towns down low in the 15 minutes he is playing (though I find it odd that he is still starting).

He isn't hurting the T-Wolves who are still obviously building their roster. Guy isn't hurting the team, but if they get into a spot where they might be able to grab a late seed, you can bet he'll be playing less minutes.

I bet this is his last season though. Hard to see him having any less production honestly.

Speaking of that though, who would play in his place? Pekovic is out, Dieng is backing up Towns and he isn't really any worse than Bjelica who is just cutting his teeth.

If Bjelica gets going more or Pekovic ever comes back, then you'll probably see Garnett get down to 5-10 minutes per night. Until then, let him help out guys like Towns and Wiggins on and off the court.

Demon11
12-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Garnett is playing fine defensively, but offensively it would be nice if he could play better.

tsubibo
12-01-2015, 06:09 AM
I see him playing a couple of more years. Imparting wisdom on the younger guys.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 11:02 AM
KG is a players coach and mentor for the young guys. Also makes much less then Kobe. But yeah his number is up soon as well.

leprechaun5
12-01-2015, 01:21 PM
He's still their best defensive player, although in very limited minutes. I think he can be a little more productive in offense if he plays Center. PF nowadays are stronger and faster than him. Nothing he can do against them.

Worth reading this, tremendous story by Jackie MacMullan.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14172961/the-cruel-tutelage-kevin-garnett

Vinylman
12-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Pretty sure he is still playing so he can retire as the guy who has made the most money in NBA history...

Kobe was close but still behind him

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/earnings/

phantasyyy
12-01-2015, 04:19 PM
KG starting I think is just a formality still, eventually when one of the bigs play well, they'll supplant him in the starting rotation.

mngopher35
12-01-2015, 04:24 PM
He's doing a great job with Towns, Wiggins, Dieng, Bjelica and LaVine. He's changed a lot and his expectations as a player have changed greatly as well.

He's been doing really well as a leader and role model for those guys.

He isn't in the game anymore for stats or fame, he's past that.

Yup, pretty much this. He (and prince/miller) are here to help our young players both on and off the court. They might get some time but mostly they are here to be leaders and role models like you said.

Sly Guy
12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure he is still playing so he can retire as the guy who has made the most money in NBA history...

Kobe was close but still behind him

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/earnings/

I looked at that list and lol'd at seeing so many wasted dollars......Andrea bargnani....smh...

hugepatsfan
12-01-2015, 05:13 PM
KG isn't hurting his team. He's playing 16 minutes a night and taking limited shots. He's not a very good offensive player anymore but he defends and leads.

Aleksandar
12-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Garnett is still managing to actually contribute. 15 min, but he plays solid defense and grabs rebounds. I also don't mind him starting, with Bjelica playing with the backups. The bench really don't have a solid playmaker, Lavine/Martin/Shabazz have been pretty bad to begin the season, Bjelica's bacisally been the only guy who can create something for teammates.

His offense is really bad at this point though..

c.c.
12-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I guess this thread was created to defend Kobe lack of production

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
I guess this thread was created to defend Kobe lack of production

Nope just cuz a Laker fan makes a post about another player has nothing to do about defending Kobe. Us Lakers fans are aware of his production and are not trying to defend him. I created this thread to see people's opinions and views to how much longer KG should be playing. But as for you, I wouldn't be talking about "lack of production" because last time I checked the Rockets suck and they were supposed to be a championship contending team LOL ;)

ellington19
12-01-2015, 07:56 PM
KG is still doing a job for us.

He's still playing good defense and rebounding well, and while his offence is barely existent, it's not like he's taking shots away from our younger guys. And most of all, he's huge with his vocals/leadership.