PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade for Dragic?

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Simple, who on your team would you trade for Dragic? Either a single player or a bigger multi-player deal. Try to keep the trades realistic (matching salaries). Dragic just doesn't fit the Heat at all and isn't going to. He's better fit for a fast pace team.

More-Than-Most
12-01-2015, 12:39 AM
i never liked him as a basketball player and thought he was insanely overrated... can the heat really get anything for him with his contract and his bad play? he is avg like 10/4 with 30 minutes of play and has been horrid from the 3

Kyben36
12-01-2015, 12:42 AM
I agree with more than most, never viewed him as elite, not even an allstar, but he was sure as hell paid like one.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 12:51 AM
i never liked him as a basketball player and thought he was insanely overrated... can the heat really get anything for him with his contract and his bad play? he is avg like 10/4 with 30 minutes of play and has been horrid from the 3

He would be much better on a fast pace team. With Wade being our best player we play the style that best suits him not to mention it best suits Bosh Whiteside and Deng as well. I wouldn't mind packaging Dragic and McRoberts or just Dragic for a good 3 and D player. I think Dragic is a better player than Avery Bradley when on the right team but I think Avery Bradley is a much better fit for our team. It doesn't have to be Avery but someone of that type of 3 and D mold I think would take us to the next level.

bucketss
12-01-2015, 12:53 AM
maybe heat can get dwight if they add whitside

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM

I hope not lol.

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 01:05 AM
I am not a fan of trading Dragic. I think we have to mix and match the team to acclimate him better. His skill set is great. Dragic has a better contract than some of the other major NBA players getting deals. He took less money than what he could've gotten too.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
I am not a fan of trading Dragic. I think we have to mix and match the team to acclimate him better. His skill set is great. Dragic has a better contract than some of the other major NBA players getting deals. He took less money than what he could've gotten too.

I just don't think there's any way he can be effective with this team. He has to have the ball but so does Wade and Wade is the better ball handler, scorer and playmaker so there's no reason he should take a step back like some have suggested in the past. We just need someone who can fit our system better than Dragic.

SportsFanatic10
12-01-2015, 01:10 AM

Why would Miami want Dwight let alone trade Whiteside?

SportsFanatic10
12-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Dragic hasn't fit in very well so far, but I'm not in favor of trying to trade him yet.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 01:17 AM
yeah, wasn't a proponent of that contract we gave him... he had a great year and cashed in.
he's not a good fit with bosh. i'd think he'd be a better fit with lebron/wade in an uptempo pace.

Redrum187
12-01-2015, 01:41 AM
I'd like to see Dragic on the Bucks. I'm not sure what they would be willing to give up.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 01:51 AM
I'd like to see Dragic on the Bucks. I'm not sure what they would be willing to give up.

I would love to see Middleton on the Heat. He seems to be struggling himself this year and the Bucks are off to a pretty bad start.

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2015, 02:04 AM
And Heat fans were thinking championship when they re-signed this guy :laugh:

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 02:08 AM
And Heat fans were thinking championship when they re-signed this guy :laugh:

We're still a really good team lol. Just think we could be better with someone else. Don't be fooled.

Corey
12-01-2015, 03:11 AM
David Lee, Isaiah Thomas, and a future first for Dragic and Whiteside.

So unrealistic

Redrum187
12-01-2015, 03:19 AM
DeMar Derozan for Goran Dragic?

If I'm Toronto I do it because I hate DD. Lowry and Dragic could totally work.

It won't be an ideal fit for the Heat squad though. They would get a guy who can take over for Wade when he's nursing his knees.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 09:59 AM
wow Heat fans really hyped him last year and now they dont want him. He went from underrated to pretty overrated pretty fast.

IndyRealist
12-01-2015, 10:19 AM
It'd be nice if these threads started with links to salaries or at least the contract of the player in question, especially since the OP wants realistic trades.

Goran Dragic:
2015-16 salary: $14.8m
4 years, 5th year player option

nycericanguy
12-01-2015, 10:31 AM
surprised how bad he's been, this guy had an MVP type season a few years ago... now when the Knicks played MIA twice last week... I honestly didn't even notice him on the court most of the time.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-01-2015, 10:36 AM
So you feel the need to make a thread about this in the NBA forum? Some of the Heat fans are really blowing this out of proportion. 16 games into the year? C'mon man, quit it with the knee jerk reactions. If you've been a Heat fan for longer than 4-5 years, you would know that Riley pledges loyalty above all.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 10:59 AM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Don't gross me out. Dragic on that new 5 year deal and like what $90M+ at age 29. No thanks. For a pg only had 5 games of 5+ assists.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 11:07 AM
So you feel the need to make a thread about this in the NBA forum? Some of the Heat fans are really blowing this out of proportion. 16 games into the year? C'mon man, quit it with the knee jerk reactions. If you've been a Heat fan for longer than 4-5 years, you would know that Riley pledges loyalty above all.

Of course I do. It's plain as day that he's not a good fit in Miami at all. Johnson and even chalmers when we had him have outplayed him this year. We should try him in the 2nd unit with the faster more athletic guys and start Johnson before we trade him since I don't think we can until January but I still don't think it'll work. Riley pledged loyalty but he also pledges competing for championships every year. We could work out a trade for Dragic that would fit our team much better.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:58 AM
I thought he was worth the max contract?

Stinkyoutsider
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I agree with most posters here. I think the Heat have a team built for the half court, with Whiteside, Deng, DWade (probably more of a half court player now that he's had knee problems over the years), and Bosh. I think Dragic would balance the team out if he had at least one teammate who could run with him but it's not much of a fast break if he's the only one on it.

Just from recent memory, I think the Pacers are looking to play more uptempo. They let Hibbert go and play George at the 4 some of the time so a player like Dragic could be a solid addition. Dragic, George, and Ellis could get out on the break and do some damage.

If Dragic stays with the Heat, I'm not quite sure how to get him to be comfortable and start producing. Maybe bring him off the bench with the 2nd unit? He would be able to run with Winslow and the rest of the 2nd unit and give the Heat an uptempo dynamic they usually wouldn't have with the first unit.

Chronz
12-01-2015, 01:11 PM
No one is trading anything worth trading at this point, maybe after year 1 of his deal when his play inevitably improves.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Even with the new TV deal. Dragic isn't all that exciting and age 29 for that contract you be lucky to get junk players just to match it.

Goran Dragic $14,783,000 $15,891,725 $17,000,450 $18,109,175 $19,217,900

Nets maybe in the market for PG. Maybe Thad and Jack? I say no for my Bucks but if Bucks traded for him maybe Mayo and Vasquez. Not sure Bucks dump them expiring's though. Also doubt we eat that bad contract though without some incentive coming back in return. Bucks will have to extend Giannis and Parker a few years from now.

Also MCW will have to be decided on as well for extension. Personally rather see my Bucks go into the offseason with the $25M capspace and try our luck again. Doubt we land another name though. Probably extend our own here on out. Bayless is close with Kidd so Bayless could be back. Mayo could be back as well if he's not traded.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/miami-heat-team-salary/

All in all doubt Bucks go for it. We let Knight walk just to keep Middleton and Henson and go after big man free agent which was Monroe. At this point rather have tunnel vison Knight over 29 year old Dragic at $90M+.

nycericanguy
12-01-2015, 01:49 PM
yea cap going up or not, the way Dragic is playing right now I doubt any team wants to be paying him $20m when he's 34 years old 5 years from now.

Maybe Ariza & Beverly for Dragic? But then it's so hard for guards to play with Harden so I'm not sure Dragic would do much better there either.

jason6692
12-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Left nut

Redrum187
12-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Don't gross me out. Dragic on that new 5 year deal and like what $90M+ at age 29. No thanks. For a pg only had 5 games of 5+ assists.

I agree Dragic looks like garbage this season. I think with Jason Kidd, he'll be great. The Bucks also need some shooting (outside Middleton, they struggle to space the floor a bit). MCW isn't exactly playing elite either.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Here another Nets trade idea. Joe Johnson for Dragic and Deng. I believe Johnson is expiring $24M. So Heat could use that to chase after super max star. Durant most likely stays with Thunder. But capspace is a start to get guys thinking of new change of scenery.

Luol Deng $10,151,612

Joe Johnson $24,894,863

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/brooklyn-nets-team-salary/

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Here another Nets trade idea. Joe Johnson for Dragic and Deng. I believe Johnson is expiring $24M. So Heat could use that to chase after super max star. Durant most likely stays with Thunder. But capspace is a start to get guys thinking of new change of scenery.

Luol Deng $10,151,612

Joe Johnson $24,894,863

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/brooklyn-nets-team-salary/

That would basically throw away our whole season lol. We need Deng for defensive purposes and he's been a pretty good shooter this year. Someone mentioned the Pacers, I would swap Dragic for George Hill and maybe someone else. Not sure what George Hills contract looks like. We would also trade Dragic for Paul George lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 03:03 PM
That would basically throw away our whole season lol. We need Deng for defensive purposes and he's been a pretty good shooter this year. Someone mentioned the Pacers, I would swap Dragic for George Hill and maybe someone else. Not sure what George Hills contract looks like. We would also trade Dragic for Paul George lol.

George is untouchable. Also Dragic seems a bit negative value now. Also dumping Dragic and Deng for big expiring Joe Johnson lets you try and keep Whiteside since you don't have full bird rights and go after a star as well. Heat are at $48M next summer guaranteed. Yeah you could sign Wade and the rest last and go into luxury tax. But I think you guys already are repeat offenders but unloaded Chalmers to get a little wiggle room now.

Also without full bird rights you cant go over the cap to re-sign Whiteside. So Wade would have to be signed last even before signing Whiteside. Hawks were stuck in that same predicament last few summers now without full bird rights. Teams know this and flock in. Not sure how many years Whiteside been in the league for his baby max size contract. Goes by years in tiers for baby max.

SportsFanatic10
12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
wow Heat fans really hyped him last year and now they dont want him. He went from underrated to pretty overrated pretty fast.

One Heat fan starting a thread like this doesn't represent the whole fan base...

Redrum187
12-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I remember doing a Bulls redraft during the time Dragic put up 20 ppg with good efficiency. Some posters, who are well respected, talked up Dragic as if he was a top 10 PG. They even went as far to criticize my pick of John Wall instead of Dragic.

This should just go to show that sample size is vital when determining consistent game-level of play. A full season is great, but people are too quick to hype up a player for such a small sample size. I understand why (fans of the team or player/living in the moment), but it's important people don't pawn their premature optimism as an objective projection in spite of such limited data to base it off of.

SportsFanatic10
12-01-2015, 07:46 PM
I remember doing a Bulls redraft during the time Dragic put up 20 ppg with good efficiency. Some posters, who are well respected, talked up Dragic as if he was a top 10 PG. They even went as far to criticize my pick of John Wall instead of Dragic.

This should just go to show that sample size is vital when determining consistent game-level of play. A full season is great, but people are too quick to hype up a player for such a small sample size. I understand why (fans of the team or player/living in the moment), but it's important people don't pawn their premature optimism as an objective projection in spite of such limited data to base it off of.

People are also too quick to dismiss a player who is playing bad in a small sample size. Works both ways. I'd be lying if I said Dragic's poor play this year isn't concerning as a Heat fan, but it has also only been 16 games. Also I find it odd so many are so quick to say Dragic sucks and doesn't have a good skill set, without realizing that he's in an offense that doesn't play to his strengths and alongside a dominant ball handling shooting guard in Wade. I still think Dragic will figure it out and start to play better. His play so far has been a bit puzzling since he played pretty well in Miami last year after the trade.

BHF
12-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Demar Derozan and raps first rounder this year.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Demar Derozan and raps first rounder this year.

I think I saw someone else mention Derozan too. Is he not having that good of a year I haven't been keeping up with him.

BHF
12-01-2015, 09:38 PM
I think I saw someone else mention Derozan too. Is he not having that good of a year I haven't been keeping up with him.

He would be a good second option behind Wade. With a little bit of defense he would be okay, its just not working out in Toronto with him being our number one option on offense.

WaDe03
12-01-2015, 09:56 PM
He would be a good second option behind Wade. With a little bit of defense he would be okay, its just not working out in Toronto with him being our number one option on offense.

I would probably do that deal. He is Boshs rookie and studies Wades game especially in the post he said.

Wade n Fade
12-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Houston would probably want a Lawson Dragic swap. I wouldn't do it because of Lawson's lack of D and his past legal history.

MonroeFAN
12-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Bucks should be all over this IMO, and people are under rating him here I think. He was still close to an elite shooter when he was in Phoenix. It's a bad fit, it was clear from the get go.