PDA

View Full Version : Video: Greg Oden CBA debut 19 points 24 boards and 4 blocks

spreadeagle
11-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Vid- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=128&v=iOHqTOcG658

Eight years after he was the No. 1 pick, three years after he was waived (for the first time), Greg Oden’s potential still turns heads. Even from China.

The 7-foot Ohio State product, grabbed by Portland ahead of Kevin Durant in 2007, dealt with surgeries and recoveries for his NBA entirety, a start-and-stop that never quite started. He has become a cautionary tale, a player so filled with potential but so lacking in health. With each knee surgery came a sigh, a what-could-have-been longing for the center whom Steve Kerr called a “once-in-a-decade player.”

But Oden insists his story still is being written, and he’s taken to the Chinese Basketball Association when no NBA team would take a flier. After one game with the Jiangsu Dragons, the NBA and its fans are reminded of just what a special talent he is.

Oden put up 19 points, 23 rebounds and four blocks in 17 minutes, an otherworldly performance in another world on Sunday. The Chinese league is not the NBA, of course — this is the same league Stephon Marbury dominated and players such as Steve Francis, Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady made stops at — but still, that statline in a 79-76 win reminds of the optimism that once followed Oden wherever he went. http://nypost.com/2015/11/29/greg-oden-has-jaw-dropping-chinese-basketball-debut/

KnicksorBust
12-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Feel free to copy and paste.

The ::insert your favorite team here:: should take a flier on him. He would be a good end of bench player and if he is healthy he could get minutes.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 01:03 AM
lol.
what I saw was a black guy against a sea of undersized chinese scrubs, with no lift grabbing rebounds and barely making put backs.

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Earl Boykins could have posted those numbers against them short weak Chinese players LOL

MonroeFAN
12-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Did you purposefully go out of your way to write "them" instead of "those"?

Cal827
12-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Feel free to copy and paste.

The ::insert your favorite team here:: should take a flier on him. He would be a good end of bench player and if he is healthy he could get minutes.

Thanks for saving me the time :D

The Raptors should take a flier on him. He would be a good end of bench player and if he is healthy he could get minutes

But seriously though, I don't want any piece of **** that beats women on the team that I like. He can go **** himself with a rusty screwdriver.

SenileStern
12-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Just 10/10 in his third game with 4/11 shooting in 25 minutes...

Marshon Brooks is scoring like 40 points a game for this team.

JasonJohnHorn
12-08-2015, 03:15 PM
He looks like Shaq out there... except for the part where he missed two layups and got 2 ORB to put bakc the 3rd one, then he looked like Moses Malone or DRob.

lamzoka
12-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Didn't Andrea Blatch averaged like 40 pts a game there last season?

tsubibo
12-09-2015, 01:42 AM
He looks good, he maybe ready to be a bench player on a team struggling to find some centers.

xnick5757
12-09-2015, 01:56 AM
good for him, it's a shame Portland's medical staff ruined his NBA career

Jeffy25
12-09-2015, 06:28 AM
I'm glad to see him playing. But there is no competition in any of those videos. He might as well be playing a high school game there (I realize that isn't the level of competition there, but just no close out or defense or boxing out or size comps there).