PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant to media: You treated Kobe Bryant ‘like s—‘

nickdymez
11-30-2015, 07:26 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=384424

I've been saying this. I know how much Kobe is universally hated, but at least respect the man for all that he's done for the game.

PowerHouse
11-30-2015, 07:49 PM
PSD has treated Kobe far worse than the media. Dont expect to see too many showings of class here towards him.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Just Durant trying to hard as usual to be the cool bad guy... Doesnt work Durant... Just stfu and move on.

aman_13
11-30-2015, 08:15 PM
There is no question the media has been harsh on him. Kobe kind of brought it on himself though, he wasn't exactly a media darling when he was in his prime.

FraziersKnicks
11-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Kobe's legacy doesn't excuse him from having the most inefficient volume shooting season in NBA history. People shouldn't get free passes when they play this bad, no matter what they've done in their careers.

Tony_Starks
11-30-2015, 09:38 PM
At the end of the day Kobe gets the ultimate respect from his peers and those that are knowledgeable about the game. The media has had it in for him for years. They really wanted him to fade into obscurity after the Shaq split and it absolutely killed them the success he had post Shaq that forced them to admit how great he was.....

AllBall
11-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Durant, just come to Miami so you can be hated on by all!

Durant 2016

Matrix3132
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Durant is way off base. Kobe is disrespecting the game by not hanging it up right now. People have always laughed at Jordan's 2 years with the wizards but at least he was putting up 20+ a game and shooting at a respectable clip. Hell, he even came off the bench some.

jgthegame1982
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM
KD is right..

AIRMAR72
11-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Kobe's legacy doesn't excuse him from having the most inefficient volume shooting season in NBA history. People shouldn't get free passes when they play this bad, no matter what they've done in their careers.
Right!!

KINGOFSPORTS
11-30-2015, 10:49 PM
This makes it look like KD is Laker bound

Sofnr
11-30-2015, 10:56 PM
I think it's kinda funny people are mad and saying Kobe is disrespecting the game. I've never been a Bryant fan and it's too bad he can't learn to step back and shoot less since he's looking so awful. But he's earned the right to go out how he wants. It's only the Lakers team that has to put up with it and most of those fans seem happy to be looking at another top pick to build on. I sure as hell would keep collecting my money. He doesn't owe the fans or the media anything, and i'm sure he could care less what people on sports forums think of him. He's had a great career and will go down as an all time great. While i've never liked his personality i can respect the player and i won't sit around bashing him online like a bitter, sad troll. Props to Durant for speaking up.

Jamiecballer
11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Kobe could have gone out with some dignity but he chose not too. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the media has not been kind to him.

TheIlladelph16
11-30-2015, 11:46 PM
For a player and fan base that has lived off of his "**** you" attitude his entire career, why does this surprise anyone?

Tony_Starks
11-30-2015, 11:47 PM
I think it's kinda funny people are mad and saying Kobe is disrespecting the game. I've never been a Bryant fan and it's too bad he can't learn to step back and shoot less since he's looking so awful. But he's earned the right to go out how he wants. It's only the Lakers team that has to put up with it and most of those fans seem happy to be looking at another top pick to build on. I sure as hell would keep collecting my money. He doesn't owe the fans or the media anything, and i'm sure he could care less what people on sports forums think of him. He's had a great career and will go down as an all time great. While i've never liked his personality i can respect the player and i won't sit around bashing him online like a bitter, sad troll. Props to Durant for speaking up.

Exactly. I NEVER saw anyone say MJ was disrespecting the game when he did his final stint with the Wizards. And he was publicly throwing players under the bus, disrupting the offense to play one-on-one, even belittling teammates.....

But it is what it is.

zn23
11-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Oh, so the media shouldn't do it's job and report that Kobe is burying his team with his awful jump shooting and lack luster defense?

They should instead ignore the fact that the Lakers are 2-14 and just focus on how brilliant Kobe used to be. Forget that the airballed a game tying 3 and went 4-20 against the Pacers, it's all about 5 ringz and 81 points.

What haters!

SteBO
12-01-2015, 12:38 AM
KD needs to grow up already. The media has a job to do, if you're gonna shoot 4-20 almost every night and refuse to alter your game for the teams' benefit, why should you get a pass? Kobe's a great player, but that doesn't mean the media should just forget to address the obvious that he's aging. The guy has played like the worst player in the NBA thus far....and he wasn't exactly a media darling nor was he very pleasant to others.

Anyway, not surprised to hear this coming from Durant. It's the same nonsensical media rhetoric he's been trying to shove down our throats for a couple of years now.

ink
12-01-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't agree with KD. If anything Kobe benefitted from his profile with the press. Kobe was a Hollywood fiction more than a bonafide great. It became increasingly annoying over the years to be fed this story and be expected to buy it. He was good and he was given the full power of the Lakers franchise to try to push him into the upper echelon where true greats like Magic and Kareem are. With the help of Shaq, PJ, and Gasol, he did make the top 15 of all time, so nothing to complain about.

5ass
12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
To me, it sounds like KD wants to come to Orlando.

jbeezy
12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I can tell you that we are not 2-14 because of Kobe. We are 2-14 because Byron Scott is an awful head coach and the team is just so young.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 12:50 AM
kobe was/is an azzhat to fans, media and teammates. what do people expect?

ink
12-01-2015, 12:57 AM

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
"It's All About Me, Kome Bryant." Says a lot of the guy with the media. Hard not to have a negative opinion on a guy that throws teammates under the bus and has been nothing but a basketball detriment. He is nothing more than a dark hole at this point.

IKnowHoops
12-01-2015, 01:12 AM

At the end of the day Kobe gets the ultimate respect from his peers and those that are knowledgeable about the game. The media has had it in for him for years. They really wanted him to fade into obscurity after the Shaq split and it absolutely killed them the success he had post Shaq that forced them to admit how great he was.....

Hey Tone, check it.

I think that your prediction of Kobe having his most efficient year in light of the fact that he is actually having one of the worst in history, perfectly illustrates the extremely high prescription of Kobe goggles that you wear.

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 01:13 AM
kobe was/is an azzhat to fans, media and teammates. what do people expect?

To call him the 2nd best player of all time, state that he is clutch, respect him as the greatest competitor besides Jordan, state that nobody will ever be like him, and respect him. If you disagree, then "you're disrespecting him, a child that doesn't know anything or appreciates one the GOAT, ignorant, etc." I love petulant Kobe's overzealous fans. Their logic never ceases to amaze me. Many of them ignore math like the plague too. To them, shooting 1-14 is legendary.

YAALREADYKNO
12-01-2015, 01:17 AM
If he thinks the media treated Kobe like **** then he's never seen how PSD treats Kobe

YAALREADYKNO
12-01-2015, 01:18 AM
To call him the 2nd best player of all time, state that he is clutch, respect him as the greatest competitor besides Jordan, state that nobody will ever be like him, and respect him. If you disagree, then "you're disrespecting him, a child that doesn't know anything or appreciates one the GOAT, ignorant, etc." I love petulant Kobe's overzealous fans. Their logic never ceases to amaze me. Many of them ignore math like the plague too. To them, shooting 1-14 is legendary.

The hatred is real lmao

ink
12-01-2015, 01:21 AM

The hatred is real lmao

I don't actually think that's hatred. It's been frustrating listening to the hype over the years when the numbers really don't support it.

IKnowHoops
12-01-2015, 01:22 AM

KD needs to grow up already. The media has a job to do, if you're gonna shoot 4-20 almost every night and refuse to alter your game for the teams' benefit, why should you get a pass? Kobe's a great player, but that doesn't mean the media should just forget to address the obvious that he's aging. The guy has played like the worst player in the NBA thus far....and he wasn't exactly a media darling nor was he very pleasant to others.

Anyway, not surprised to hear this coming from Durant. It's the same nonsensical media rhetoric he's been trying to shove down our throats for a couple of years now.

I think his above play proves my point that he is the most selfish basketball player in the history of the NBA. And even though one of the most talented, he hurt his teams all the time with this selfish play that at even this stage of his career, he refuses to abandon. As a garbage player, he will still take 20 shots. I love what he can do on the court, but I can't stand his game. If he played smart team basketball, he would have 3 more rings.

jerellh528
12-01-2015, 01:24 AM
It's so funny reading through some of the responses about Kobe the past few days. You don't even have to look at the poster, just read the content and you already know it's one of about 6 or 7 terrible posters on this site. And then you look at who posted and yep one of the usual suspects that we all already know. So predictable haha.

YAALREADYKNO
12-01-2015, 01:26 AM
So do yall feel the same way about Oscar Robertson?

aman_13
12-01-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't actually think that's hatred. It's been frustrating listening to the hype over the years when the numbers really don't support it.

For all the knock he gets for his effeciency, he's actually been a fairly effecient player for his career.

ink
12-01-2015, 02:18 AM
For all the knock he gets for his effeciency, he's actually been a fairly effecient player for his career.

This is an interesting take on the topic - http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?901680-Why-Kobe-isn-t-top-10-All-time-Good-Article

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 02:20 AM

I am not saying Kobe hasn't been efficient at all or any point of his career. It's just that his #s aren't where a top 5-10 player all time would be at. If Kobe was ringless, he would be in the T-Mac and Melo category. Imagine that. He was a good scorer in his prime, but he wasn't the type of guy to take the best shot possible. He would often take awful shots. Shot selection is crucial for advanced metrics. He is one of the best SGs to ever step foot on the court, but I don't want to call him a top ten player.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-01-2015, 02:26 AM
I am not saying Kobe hasn't been efficient at all or any point of his career. It's just that his #s aren't where a top 5-10 player all time would be at. If Kobe was ringless, he would be in the T-Mac and Melo category. Imagine that. He was a good scorer in his prime, but he wasn't the type of guy to take the best shot possible. He would often take awful shots. Shot selection is crucial for advanced metrics. He is one of the best SGs to ever step foot on the court, but I don't want to call him a top ten player.
You know Kobes TS% is 1 point less than Jordans right? You know its the same as Larry Birds right? You know its higher than Wilts right? You guys get mixed up in the 45% shooting percentage. He scored as good as anyone with that volumn. He used to play D like his hair was in fire, he took the most difficult shots and still was an efficient player.

I would love to see your top 10 list

Corey
12-01-2015, 02:29 AM

Having a bad final year for a team that has no playoff aspirations takes away from his great career?

Not to me.

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 02:37 AM
You know Kobes TS% is 1 point less than Jordans right? You know its the same as Larry Birds right? You know its higher than Wilts right? You guys get mixed up in the 45% shooting percentage. He scored as good as anyone with that volumn. He used to play D like his hair was in fire, he took the most difficult shots and still was an efficient player.

I would love to see your top 10 list

1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Magic
6. Duncan
7. Bird
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. LeBron

Corey
12-01-2015, 02:40 AM
1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Hakeem
9. LeBron
10. Big O

I think Kobe can be argued in the 8-16 range

Wade n Fade
12-01-2015, 02:49 AM
I think Kobe can be argued in the 8-16 range

Fair enough. But the contrarian I am, will keep him outside the top 10. If I shared who I thought was the best athlete in major pro sports, in my opinion, people would hate my choice too lol. You can make the argument for Kobe for sure, but I cannot do it myself because it is deceitful to me because I believe others deserve a top 10 spot. He's beloved by the NBA players, so it's only logical that fans also show deference to one of the best Lakers of all time.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-01-2015, 03:03 AM
1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Hakeem
9. LeBron
10. Big O
Why is that Kobe doesn't meet your efficiency standards when he put the ball in the basket more efficiently than Russell, and Wilt and is 1% worse than Jordan and tied with Duncan, Bird, and Hakeem? Was it his defense? No. Was it the fact that he is the only player in history with 30,000 points, 6,000 assist and 6,000 rebounds? Is it that he was good about not turning the ball over? Did you not like the fact that he had some of the greatest team success a player can have? Or is it like you admitted, you are a contrarian by nature and you like to go against the grain.

P.S. You forgot Kareem. If this were a court of law, your testimony would have been thrown out due to the witness not being sound of mind.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-01-2015, 03:05 AM
Jordan
Kareem
Wilt
Magic
Shaq
Duncan
Lebron
Kobe
Bird
Hakeem

For me.

aman_13
12-01-2015, 03:33 AM
This is an interesting take on the topic - http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?901680-Why-Kobe-isn-t-top-10-All-time-Good-Article

I was only referring to his shooting effeciency but yes advance stats have not been kind to Kobe when you start comparing them to all time greats.

Pakman
12-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Wade n fade, justinum, hotdalton, some of the biggest psd trolls and they all reside in florida. Must be something in the air.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-01-2015, 03:49 AM
I was only referring to his shooting effeciency but yes advance stats have not been kind to Kobe when you start comparing them to all time greats.

Like who? Ill give you a couple guys that Kobe cant touch. But after that you would find Kobe's advanced stats right with the rest of the all time greats.

Jordan
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Lebron
Magic

aman_13
12-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Like who? Ill give you a couple guys that Kobe cant touch. But after that you would find Kobe's advanced stats right with the rest of the all time greats.

Jordan
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Lebron
Magic

Read the article ink posted.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-01-2015, 04:05 AM
Read the article ink posted.

I did. Go to the other thread to see why its horse ******

PurpleLynch
12-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Wade n fade, justinum, hotdalton, some of the biggest psd trolls and they all reside in florida. Must be something in the air.

+1

Tony_Starks
12-01-2015, 10:57 AM
1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Hakeem
9. LeBron
10. Big O
Why is that Kobe doesn't meet your efficiency standards when he put the ball in the basket more efficiently than Russell, and Wilt and is 1% worse than Jordan and tied with Duncan, Bird, and Hakeem? Was it his defense? No. Was it the fact that he is the only player in history with 30,000 points, 6,000 assist and 6,000 rebounds? Is it that he was good about not turning the ball over? Did you not like the fact that he had some of the greatest team success a player can have? Or is it like you admitted, you are a contrarian by nature and you like to go against the grain.

P.S. You forgot Kareem. If this were a court of law, your testimony would have been thrown out due to the witness not being sound of mind.

Lol. Your honor, I move to have the witnesses testimony stricken from the record! ( law and order sound)

Tony_Starks
12-01-2015, 11:08 AM

Hey Tone, check it.

I think that your prediction of Kobe having his most efficient year in light of the fact that he is actually having one of the worst in history, perfectly illustrates the extremely high prescription of Kobe goggles that you wear.

Although in theory Kobe working from the elbows and high post and handling the ball less was a very sound basis for my prediction, I was wrong. I wrongly assumed his body would return to some semblance of his old self, and that Byron Scott had some clue about what he was doing.

In both cases I was terribly wrong.

See what I just did there? I would love to see you do that with your unfounded, biased, illogical, cockamamie hogwash just ONCE.

But.....you wont.

Jamiecballer
12-01-2015, 02:39 PM
For a player and fan base that has lived off of his "**** you" attitude his entire career, why does this surprise anyone?
This. I was just going to say something similar. Don't you usually get what you give in these sort of areas?

nycericanguy
12-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Just Durant trying to hard as usual to be the cool bad guy... Doesnt work Durant... Just stfu and move on.

seriously... I feel like Durant is trying too hard to be "bad"... remember after Westbrook blew up at reporters then Durant tried doing it too a week later? Maybe he doesn't like the clean guy image anymore but picking on reporters isn't exactly the way to look hard.

Vinylman
12-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Oh, so the media shouldn't do it's job and report that Kobe is burying his team with his awful jump shooting and lack luster defense?

They should instead ignore the fact that the Lakers are 2-14 and just focus on how brilliant Kobe used to be. Forget that the airballed a game tying 3 and went 4-20 against the Pacers, it's all about 5 ringz and 81 points.

What haters!

LMFAO

another uninformed hater... the Lakers lack of success this year has very little to do with kobe. You obviously aren't watching the games and are only reading box scores...

keep bashing him ... it will all be over in 133 days and when the Lakers still suck I am sure that will still somehow be kobe's fault... just like next offseason it will be kobe's fault why FA's don't want to come to LA or why Clarkson will sign a offer sheet and pray that the Lakers don't match...

Yep... it will all be kobe's fault

Mave1002
12-01-2015, 07:48 PM
This makes it look like KD is Laker bound

You don't say ;) we'll be able in the bottom 3 at season's end. Add KD to our young guns and Kobe would want to comeback and play for another 5 years. Haha