PDA

View Full Version : Okafor tried to use fake ID at bar... SMH...

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2015, 05:43 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594454-jahlil-okafor-reportedly-attempted-to-use-fake-id-at-philadelphia-bar-in-october?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

idiot with more money and bball skills than brains.
no, at 7ft tall, you don't stand out at all.

goingfor28
11-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Yes bc no underage kid has ever tried to do this before. Who cares????

Scoots
11-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Generally I think it's a who cares thing ... but he's being targeted by a nasty media and his team's plan isn't helping him any.

jason6692
11-30-2015, 06:11 PM
It takes 1 incident and now everything in this kids past gets blown out of proportion. This is bs media who tries to suck the life out of every situation and obviously op condones it foh

SMH!
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM
wasnt this kind of known after the drunk bar fight?

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2015, 07:24 PM

you think he's a normal underaged kid? i guess you're as dumb as he is.

goingfor28
11-30-2015, 07:30 PM
you think he's a normal underaged kid? i guess you're as dumb as he is.
He's a 19 year old kids. 19 year olds do dumb things. I highly doubt every person who works in a bar is going to know who he is. If you don't care about sports I doubt most people have any idea who he is.

KINGOFSPORTS
11-30-2015, 07:39 PM
This guy has some issues but can you blame him? I think he saw his mom get killed when he was a little kid.

Hopefully he gets some help. The 76ers better get him a mentor

tredigs
11-30-2015, 07:50 PM
This guy has some issues but can you blame him? I think he saw his mom get killed when he was a little kid.

Hopefully he gets some help. The 76ers better get him a mentor

I think it was a disease she died from but yeah, his mother died when he was young. More than most players, this kid needs a mentor. The Sixers are the worst team he could be with and I can't stand what Hinkie is doing. At the very least he needs to bring in some vets. These Sixers kids are not in a good position.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Well he's a millionaire why not just have some friend or family or teammate go buy him a couple 30 packs. Heck in Milwaukee when I was drinking and was running low. I'd have the liquor store delivery me two 30 packs of Miller High Life. They charged only $3 for delivery. It's well worth it. Wasn't gonna go drinking and driving.

tredigs
11-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Well he's a millionaire why not just have some friend or family or teammate go buy him a couple 30 packs. Heck in Milwaukee when I was drinking and was running low. I'd have the liquor store delivery me two 30 packs of Miller High Life. They charged only $3 for delivery. It's well worth it. Wasn't gonna go drinking and driving.
I love how MILLERHIGHLIFE this post was.

warfelg
11-30-2015, 07:58 PM
I think it was a disease she died from but yeah, his mother died when he was young. More than most players, this kid needs a mentor. The Sixers are the worst team he could be with and I can't stand what Hinkie is doing. At the very least he needs to bring in some vets. These Sixers kids are not in a good position.

Again. We have Carl Landry. He's been around the team. Kendall Marshall and Tony Wroten are 4 year guys.

I mean it doesn't really matter, because all this stuff is happening away from the team. Not much that they can do when he's not with the team.

AllBall
11-30-2015, 10:59 PM

This Milwaukee Miller Time story is brought to you by Miller Lite.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2015, 11:13 PM
He's a 19 year old kids. 19 year olds do dumb things. I highly doubt every person who works in a bar is going to know who he is. If you don't care about sports I doubt most people have any idea who he is.

orly? when you're 7 ft tall, you stick out like a sore thumb. this height thing didn't happen overnight.
and listen to the epithets he was shouting during the altercation... about how he was rich and famous. you still think he thinks he's flying under the radar?
n-word, plz.

Sofnr
11-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Eh, he's 19. He's got lots of money and he was drinking. I see nothing to suggest anything he's done makes him a problem yet at this point. He's learning some hard lessons right now. He may make millions of dollars but every single move he makes now will be analyzed to death and everybody else will try to claim he's an idiot and that they would handle it so much better :laugh: He's got to figure out what he wants to do. In this age of social media he's got very little room to make any mistakes. Hopefully he figures that out and this is just a blip for a good young kid.

zn23
12-01-2015, 12:57 AM
That's another point in Porzingis' favor, intelligence.

TheNumber37
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
So glad NY didn't get him.

Imagine Okafor at the NY clubs

Corey
12-01-2015, 01:05 AM

I dunno, maybe because he signed a contract that's worth up to almost 21 million with all of its options, agreeing to terms with a team that has exceptions for him to represent a multimillion dollar franchise both on and off the court. I dunno.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 01:10 AM
That's another point in Porzingis' favor, intelligence.

so far I've been impressed with his maturity level.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 01:12 AM
I dunno, maybe because he signed a contract that's worth up to almost 21 million with all of its options, agreeing to terms with a team that has exceptions for him to represent a multimillion dollar franchise both on and off the court. I dunno.

exactly.
no, he's not the first 19 year old to do it. there are also a lot of 19 year old who haven't tried to use a fake ID to get into clubs and buy alcohol. those are the not-as-dumb kids.

you have to a be special kind of stupid to do it when you are a celebrity making the kind of money you are making, in such a high profile position where you are easily recognizable.

Sly Guy
12-01-2015, 02:32 AM
lol, how many 7' guys built like he is aren't pro athletes? Even if you don't know a damned thing about basketball, likely your first question to someone like that is "hey do you play basketball?" Really stupid. He should wait until he visits Toronto (where he's actually legal), I'd take him club hopping and get him right ****ed up before his games here just to see how a hung-over-as-**** pro athlete plays.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Stop using his age as an excuse. So can he smoke weed because he's 19, can he break more laws because he's 19?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 09:24 AM

So we should look the other way because he's 19 smh

MonroeFAN
12-01-2015, 09:58 AM
People who say who cares to stuff like this are just stupid. The kid is underage and represents a billion dollar organization.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
oh noooooooo an underage kid tried to use a fake. give it a ****in rest. Whats worse is the idiot who accepted it.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 10:05 AM

oh bull ****. there hasnt been any incidents since Hinkie has been here with the younger players on this team.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:33 AM
oh bull ****. there hasnt been any incidents since Hinkie has been here with the younger players on this team.

... Come again?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
oh noooooooo an underage kid tried to use a fake. give it a ****in rest. Whats worse is the idiot who accepted it.

Lol you're full of ****, so he's allowed to break the law because he's an underage teen? How come Towns, Russell or KP aren't getting into trouble?

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 10:49 AM
So we should look the other way because he's 19 smh

I don't think "we should look the other way", I think the point is more that at 19 were you a perfect individual? He is a kid ; Yes, he makes millions of dollars. Yes, he should be more responsible and represent his organization in a professional way but he's still a teenager.

A lot of people will mature during their time in college and a lot of times they make a lot of mistakes along the way. He would be a sophomore at this point, so give the kid a break.

tp13baby
12-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Blame Okafor for being a dip. And anyone saying oh he is 19 who cares. The more he gets away with the more he is setting himself up for failure. He easily should be charged with a misdemeanor for using a fake ID. Fighting a guy in the streets is assault. When you represent an organization you have to understand you are a reflection of the organization.

As for the 76ers you deserve the worst. Losers breed losers. They are the Edmonton Oilers of the NBA. This kid isn't committing serious crimes but his behavior is on track for suspension at some point. But hey, good luck with getting top picks if guys turn out to be head cases or injury prone.

Such a flawed organization thinking that top draft picks are sure things to build a winner.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
He assaults an man (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

Caught speeding (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

Caught using a fake ID (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

I guess every 19 yr old basketball player can break the law then

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Lol you're full of ****, so he's allowed to break the law because he's an underage teen? How come Towns, Russell or KP aren't getting into trouble?

how do we know they're not? The media hates the Sixers and once there was an incident they went out of their way to dig up everything they could get their hands on. The fight was bad and inexcusable and i think he should have been suspended 2 games but this other **** is stuff that happens all the time with players.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't think "we should look the other way", I think the point is more that at 19 were you a perfect individual? He is a kid ; Yes, he makes millions of dollars. Yes, he should be more responsible and represent his organization in a professional way but he's still a teenager.

A lot of people will mature during their time in college and a lot of times they make a lot of mistakes along the way. He would be a sophomore at this point, so give the kid a break.

Stop with the excuses, nobodies perfect doesn't justify his actions. If that were you and me or some regular Joe, we probably be in jail, that's 3 laws he's broken so far. Normally a judge isn't going to look at you and say "well you're young so you will be given a pass" no after a 3rd offense their should be actions. Towns isn't perfect neither is Russell, crazy how you haven't heard a pep from them let alone any one that was drafted this year

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:03 AM
how do we know they're not? The media hates the Sixers and once there was an incident they went out of their way to dig up everything they could get their hands on. The fight was bad and inexcusable and i think he should have been suspended 2 games but this other **** is stuff that happens all the time with players.

The media hates the Knicks, we don't see incidents on KP. Their has to be a message sent or you're basically giving every kid on the Sixers the right to break the law. That's the point what message are you sending to your team? If Carl Landry got caught speeding or using fake ID's he'd probably be cut

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 11:16 AM
He assaults an man (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

Caught speeding (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

Caught using a fake ID (breaking the law) = aww he's underage let's look the other way

I guess every 19 yr old basketball player can break the law then

Again, it's not about looking the other way but understanding that this is a KID. Neither you or I know him personally, so how do you know what is happening in his life? He could have deeper issues going on that he is having trouble dealing with.

But, lets just sit behind a computer and call a kid an "idiot."

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Stop with the excuses, nobodies perfect doesn't justify his actions. If that were you and me or some regular Joe, we probably be in jail, that's 3 laws he's broken so far. Normally a judge isn't going to look at you and say "well you're young so you will be given a pass" no after a 3rd offense their should be actions. Towns isn't perfect neither is Russell, crazy how you haven't heard a pep from them let alone any one that was drafted this year

It's not an excuse, if you read my previous post I clearly stated that he shouldn't be doing these things and should be acting more professional.

My point, is it is easy to sit behind a computer and criticize everything someone is doing in public. You'll see all the bad, but never the good things because someone doing good isn't a story.

You can call these people stupid all you want, but the fact is we'll never know how it is to have your whole life being put on display anytime you do something wrong or stupid. When you and I make a mistake, we don't have millions of people reading about it

KnicksorBust
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM

It's not an excuse, if you read my previous post I clearly stated that he shouldn't be doing these things and should be acting more professional.

My point, is it is easy to sit behind a computer and criticize everything someone is doing in public. You'll see all the bad, but never the good things because someone doing good isn't a story.

You can call these people stupid all you want, but the fact is we'll never know how it is to have your whole life being put on display anytime you do something wrong or stupid. When you and I make a mistake, we don't have millions of people reading about it

If this was the ONLY thing we had read about Okafor I would have said boring next thread. The problem if you are an Okafor/Sixers fan is that it isn't an isolated incident. It seems to be a pattern of bad decisions. I am not sure on the timeline but fake id, speeding at 108mph, and street fight is piling up quite a list in a short period of time. People at 19 can make decisions that ruin their entire lives. I have been a critic of his but I truly hope it doesn't come to that level.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:50 AM

If you and I were to make a mistake (breaking the law) we would be punished regardless of age. Again whether he's having problems with his personal life etc doesn't excuse the fact he broke the law multiple times and should be punish. Yeah you and I don't know him personally, we don't know the Boston bomber but should we give him a break because he was young and had "PERSONAL" problem? No, 3 offenses, send a message!

BKLYNpigeon
12-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Who cares. Jahlil Okafor is a nobody in the NBA. He hasn't done crap in the league to deserve any attention,

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:53 AM
If this was the ONLY thing we had read about Okafor I would have said boring next thread. The problem if you are an Okafor/Sixers fan is that it isn't an isolated incident. It seems to be a pattern of bad decisions. I am not sure on the timeline but fake id, speeding at 108mph, and street fight is piling up quite a list in a short period of time. People at 19 can make decisions that ruin their entire lives. I have been a critic of his but I truly hope it doesn't come to that level.

And keep in mind those decisions could of killed someone, him speeding could of killed someone (even himself). Nobodies perfect but question, if your 19 and you were caught using a fake ID, Speeding and assualted a man who do you think would happen to you?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah let's not forget he had another incident in the club where he was involved in an argument and had a gun pulled on him

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
If you and I were to make a mistake (breaking the law) we would be punished regardless of age. Again whether he's having problems with his personal life etc doesn't excuse the fact he broke the law multiple times and should be punish. Yeah you and I don't know him personally, we don't know the Boston bomber but should we give him a break because he was young and had "PERSONAL" problem? No, 3 offenses, send a message!

Boston bomber = Fake ID?

One seems a lot bigger of a crime than the other.

warfelg
12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Boston bomber = Fake ID?

Jesus did he really equate Okafor to the Boston Bombers? Dear lord :faint:

Scoots
12-01-2015, 12:11 PM
And keep in mind those decisions could of killed someone, him speeding could of killed someone (even himself). Nobodies perfect but question, if your 19 and you were caught using a fake ID, Speeding and assualted a man who do you think would happen to you?

"What could have happened if" is a REALLY weak argument for or against anything. You can kill someone with your car at 10 mph, you could kill someone bumping into them walking down the street.

You never speed? You never drink? You never lie? Nobody is suggesting he be let off, merely that there is hope that these incidents are isolated incidents and not symptoms of some unfixable situation, and the fact that he's so young is part of what allows that hope to exist. He will be punished and he should be, but most people get to learn from their mistakes without a national discussion of it.

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 12:15 PM

On October 19th, DRPA police issued two (2) citations to Jahlil Okafor relating to his operation of a motor vehicle over the Ben Franklin Bridge.
Mr. Okafor was cited for reckless driving and driving at an excessive rate of speed.

So is your argument he wasn't punished (which is wrong, see above) or not punished enough.

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Jesus did he really equate Okafor to the Boston Bombers? Dear lord :faint:

I couldn't believe it either LOL

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 12:17 PM

now the avg joe is going to jail for speeding or using a fake? stop it

NYCkid12
12-01-2015, 12:30 PM
"What could have happened if" is a REALLY weak argument for or against anything. You can kill someone with your car at 10 mph, you could kill someone bumping into them walking down the street.

You never speed? You never drink? You never lie? Nobody is suggesting he be let off, merely that there is hope that these incidents are isolated incidents and not symptoms of some unfixable situation, and the fact that he's so young is part of what allows that hope to exist. He will be punished and he should be, but most people get to learn from their mistakes without a national discussion of it.

Couldn't of said it better

Stinkyoutsider
12-01-2015, 01:08 PM
His recent troubles kind of show that there are also negatives that come with being a millionaire and pro athlete. You just can't feel like going to the club on any given night. You've got to plan it, keep a bodyguard, and sneak in/out of there.

Okafor got tired of being heckled by the fans at the club. It's unfortunate that he couldn't choose the team to sign with when he came into the league because he he's now playing for a club that has lost a lot of games and he's unsure how to deal with the hecklers imo. I saw on the press conference after the draft where all the 6ers draft picks showed off their jerseys and he "dropped" the jersey in a way that lead me to believe he had no interest in playing for the 6ers.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 02:10 PM
His recent troubles kind of show that there are also negatives that come with being a millionaire and pro athlete. You just can't feel like going to the club on any given night. You've got to plan it, keep a bodyguard, and sneak in/out of there.

Okafor got tired of being heckled by the fans at the club. It's unfortunate that he couldn't choose the team to sign with when he came into the league because he he's now playing for a club that has lost a lot of games and he's unsure how to deal with the hecklers imo. I saw on the press conference after the draft where all the 6ers draft picks showed off their jerseys and he "dropped" the jersey in a way that lead me to believe he had no interest in playing for the 6ers.

that video was midleading and cut off the bottom intentionally bcuz, again, the media hates the sixers. Im not gonna get into a debate but plenty of other vids came out showing Okafor fold his jersey the same as the other guys but deadpsin are hacks and cut the bottom half out so you couldnt see it

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 02:17 PM
now the avg joe is going to jail for speeding or using a fake? stop it

They go to jail for assault

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Boston bomber = Fake ID?

Obviousl they're not equal but using the "well he probably has personal problems" is a pretty lame excuse. Me having personal issue doesn't give me the right to break the law!

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Again, it's not about looking the other way but understanding that this is a KID. Neither you or I know him personally, so how do you know what is happening in his life? He could have deeper issues going on that he is having trouble dealing with.

But, lets just sit behind a computer and call a kid an "idiot."

let me give you an analogy that might make more sense.
you are a white guy in a predominantly black neighborhood. you go rob the corner liquor store without concealing your identity. is you an idiot or not?

i say yes, you is an idiot.

blahblahyoutoo
12-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Couldn't of said it better

of course not. your grammar is of teh suck.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 02:23 PM

that all that matters, yeah ppl make mistakes but when theirs MUTILPLE mistakes then that's a red flag regardless of age. Yeah I drink, lied, and assaulted a man before (did 30 days in jail for it) but the difference is I wasn't the face of a billion dollar company. I didn't have million of kids watching me and looking up to me as a role model etc

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 02:57 PM
They go to jail for assault

oh every time on a first offense? Artest went into the ****ing stands to fight fans and didnt even go to jail.

zn23
12-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Speak for yourself

I was never stupid to try something like this when I was underaged...

If he wants to become an alcoholic so bad, there's other ways to get alcohol. If he wants to get laid, there are other ways to do that as well...

He's just not smart.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 03:44 PM
oh every time on a first offense? Artest went into the ****ing stands to fight fans and didnt even go to jail.

I went to jail for 30 days for my first offense. He's an athletic, Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk, when you have money and the proper resources you can avoid jail time (even thou it isn't far) but at least Artest got suspended for the entire season. Okafor should get more than 2 games since he broke multiple laws

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 03:53 PM
lol yeaaaa lets suspend every single player who gets speeding ticket or drinks underage.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 04:04 PM
lol yeaaaa lets suspend every single player who gets speeding ticket or drinks underage.

Don't forget assaulting a man

Jeffy25
12-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Eh, he's 19. He's got lots of money and he was drinking. I see nothing to suggest anything he's done makes him a problem yet at this point. He's learning some hard lessons right now. He may make millions of dollars but every single move he makes now will be analyzed to death and everybody else will try to claim he's an idiot and that they would handle it so much better :laugh: He's got to figure out what he wants to do. In this age of social media he's got very little room to make any mistakes. Hopefully he figures that out and this is just a blip for a good young kid.

Assault and driving over 100 miles per hour are dangerous actions.

This incident, who cares though

Scoots
12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
The driving over 100 is over-blown. Driving 68mph over the limit is a bigger thing than the total speed.

Good cars can safely go 120mph all day, we've just been trained to equate speed and carelessness.

The Assault can be argued away if he felt threatened ... we don't know what argument his lawyer is going to make.

Regardless of the legal ramifications I expect he'll get a short suspension.

Raidaz4Life
12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
The driving over 100 is over-blown. Driving 68mph over the limit is a bigger thing than the total speed.

Good cars can safely go 120mph all day, we've just been trained to equate speed and carelessness.

The Assault can be argued away if he felt threatened ... we don't know what argument his lawyer is going to make.

Regardless of the legal ramifications I expect he'll get a short suspension.

a little thing called "Physics" states otherwise

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Don't forget assaulting a man

sorry, has he been charged with assault?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 05:19 PM
sorry, has he been charged with assault?

Theirs an investigation so theirs a possibility

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 05:36 PM
so he hasnt been charged so you want to punish him for nothing now?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Greg Hardy case got dismissed so he didn't beat the girl right?

2-ONE-5
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Greg Hardy case got dismissed so he didn't beat the girl right?

he paid her off. also not even comparable but the effort is there so you got that going for you

Scoots
12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
a little thing called "Physics" states otherwise

Really? Physics says 120mph is careless? Commercial flights go far faster carrying far more people with the same laws of physics ... are they careless as well?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
he paid her off. also not even comparable but the effort is there so you got that going for you

But case got dismissed but anyway theirs an investigation, sO the possibility is their!

ewing
12-02-2015, 10:33 AM
guys, the bouncers were throwing consistent doubles at him

nycericanguy
12-02-2015, 10:45 AM
guys, the bouncers were throwing consistent doubles at him

:laugh: