PDA

View Full Version : Durant and the warriors.. what do you guys think?

MTar786
11-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Everyone is talking about how the warriors will have the cap space to sign kd if they dont resign festus and harrison barnes (i think). I think durant is def going to the warriors next year.

If durant signed with the warriors, What would you expect out of the warriors? All time best team ever? Do you even think he should sign with GS? My personal opinion is that Durant would be Crazy if he doesnt sign with the warriors.. and Thats coming from a lakers fan!
As long as the warriors would be able to keep a decent inside presence I think that would be the best team ever for sure

goingfor28
11-29-2015, 08:22 PM
He's not going to the Warriors

Dade County
11-29-2015, 11:00 PM
I see KD in a HEAT jersey this or next season. Lol

KnicksorBust
11-29-2015, 11:13 PM
KD is one of the most interesting FAs in recent memory because his initial quiet/humble superstardom made him feel like the heir apparent to Duncan. Plays and acts the right way and rides out his career with one team. Never chasing money/fame. With Westy/Ibaka and co they still have a bright future in OKC. Plus management finally ponied up the cash to re-sign Kanter... I'm still not convinced he even wants to leave.

Dade County
11-29-2015, 11:26 PM
KD is one of the most interesting FAs in recent memory because his initial quiet/humble superstardom made him feel like the heir apparent to Duncan. Plays and acts the right way and rides out his career with one team. Never chasing money/fame. With Westy/Ibaka and co they still have a bright future in OKC. Plus management finally ponied up the cash to re-sign Kanter... I'm still not convinced he even wants to leave.

What is management going to say when KD brings up the name James Harden?

& all the reasons they come up with fall on death ears.

No true organization would have done that... You go into the tax & keep those young guys together.

But i do feel that he will stay with OKC, but if he doesnt, i see him heading straight to Pat.

IKnowHoops
11-29-2015, 11:38 PM
He should go if he can go. They play a style of basketball that is perfect for his game. They have a defensive culture as well, and they are already the best team in the league by far without him. If you can make that happen you do it and try to become the greatest team ever!

Dade County
11-29-2015, 11:46 PM
He should go if he can go. They play a style of basketball that is perfect for his game. They have a defensive culture as well, and they are already the best team in the league by far without him. If you can make that happen you do it and try to become the greatest team ever!

Dear goodness, i hope you wasn't against super teams when the Miami big 3 got together.

Chrisclover
11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
He's not going to the Warriors
Where is he going?

goingfor28
11-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Where is he going?
Nowhere, but if he does leave it'll be DC

Chrisclover
11-30-2015, 12:37 AM

Will the Warriors have enough cap space ?

ink
11-30-2015, 01:16 AM
The Warrriors have the best chemistry in the NBA. Adding Durant is unecessary. They have great talent and don't need him.

flea
11-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Teaming up is so 2010.

FlashBolt
11-30-2015, 01:43 AM
Teaming up is so 2010.

Get a grip, grandpa. It's the norm now considering most teams are stacked to death and the only way to beat them is by creating your own stacked team. Chances of it being homemade are very slim -- especially when you are a top five team who can't tank.

asandhu23
11-30-2015, 02:18 AM
I don't think he's coming to the Warriors either. I think he stays.

tredigs
11-30-2015, 02:26 AM
Who cares. What a loser thread.

asandhu23
11-30-2015, 02:29 AM
Who cares. What a loser thread.

Hello, Donald.

5ass
11-30-2015, 02:44 AM
Hello, Donald.

Hello, Ali.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2015, 02:59 AM
sixers

Durant/Embiid/Oka/Clarkson or Russ and Saric if we trade Noel for one of those 2...

If not... Durant/Oka/Noel/Saric plus the 1st and 3rd picks from the draft this year with Embiid off the bench Equals bestest team ever.

Alayla
11-30-2015, 07:24 AM
The Warrriors have the best chemistry in the NBA. Adding Durant is unnecessary. They have great talent and don't need him.

I understand the if it anit broke don't fix it mentality but this is just way to far you don't just say no to adding a top 5 player to your team if it doesn't cost you anything outside of some cap room. All it would really end up being is an upgrade to Barnes its not like he wouldn't be able to fit there playstyle.

Hardaway Here
11-30-2015, 08:53 AM
I don't see him going to the Warriors. If he did it would look worst than what LeBron did. The way LeBron did it was ****, but he didn't go to a team that just won a championship. I can already see the amount of people questioning his competitiveness.

Scoots
11-30-2015, 12:27 PM
My guess is he stays in OKC. If he leaves the Warriors would be happy to have him, but he may not want to come to a team that can win without him.

FlashBolt
11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
And let's say OKC beats the Warriors in the playoffs.. is this still a valid question? We haven't seen the best of OKC and two of their players are top five MVP candidates. Westbrook/Durant are posting a 31 PER and their highest in WS48. As great as Curry has been playing, you guys are forgetting how great Durant is. He's slowly having his best season while being limited. Not to mention Westbrook vs Curry is going to be incredibly competitive.

tredigs
11-30-2015, 12:58 PM
And let's say OKC beats the Warriors in the playoffs.. is this still a valid question? We haven't seen the best of OKC and two of their players are top five MVP candidates. Westbrook/Durant are posting a 31 PER and their highest in WS48. As great as Curry has been playing, you guys are forgetting how great Durant is. He's slowly having his best season while being limited. Not to mention Westbrook vs Curry is going to be incredibly competitive.

Very valid question, and certainly possible. I don't love OKC's team as a whole (I think the Kanter move and Lamb for Waiters is inexcusable), and I think these Warriors beat them if both are 100%, but yeah it's a real possibility.

Ultimately I'm a huge fan of Durant, but I'd hate to see him on the Dubs.

2-ONE-5
11-30-2015, 01:19 PM
KD would be a bigger sell out than James if we went to GS

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Durant to Wizards - Championship unlikely

Durant Staying with OKC - Championship maybe

Durant to Warriors - Championship Guaranteed!

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2015, 01:59 PM
This is what will happen.

- Durant will resign with OKC on a 1 year deal.

- Salary Cap will go up.

- Durant will be with the his original team for 10 years where he gets a 5% Salary bump on his max contract. (Derrick Rose Provision)

- Durants Max contract will be 35% of the Salary cap which will be about 40 mil a year for 5 years. He will be the leagues first 200 million dollar player.

SfgiantsJD3
11-30-2015, 02:08 PM
At some point the Warriors will need to make Curry one of the top paid players in the game so that will be the first priority of cap space

Gagan136
11-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Durant to Wizards - Championship unlikely

Durant Staying with OKC - Championship maybe

Durant to Warriors - Championship Guaranteed!

I think he would have a better chance to win it there than OKC. Better route to the finals, only gotta worry about lebron, Its a big worry but not as bad as everything the west has.

Tony_Starks
11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
KD doesn't strike me as a "if you can't beat them, join them" ...type dude.

I think he'd rather beat the Dubs than get a chip with them.

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2015, 07:54 PM
It would be a fantasy team. He'd get lots of open looks, and I think his percentages would go up. He'd likely have another 90/50/40 season, and Curry might as well.

But for some guys, it means more to beat the man than join the man, and I think KD wants to beat the Warriors more than he wants to join them. With Westy, Ibaka, and Kanter, they have a great core.

TrueFan420
12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
At some point the Warriors will need to make Curry one of the top paid players in the game so that will be the first priority of cap space

It will be a priority and we can go over the cap to do it so it won't be an issue. Plus the contracts of Bogut and Iggy are set to expire the same time as Curry's. While the cap did go up those two players will be at the tail end of their careers. If they come back it will be at a smaller cap number than their currently at even with the cap going up.

Sly Guy
12-01-2015, 04:35 PM
The Warrriors have the best chemistry in the NBA. Adding Durant is unecessary. They have great talent and don't need him.

100%

Adding durant is overkill. "best team ever" isn't always having an all star at every position, it's having a team that plays more than the sum of it's parts.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Looking at their roster, they'll be giving Curry the max in 2018, which is close to 35 million a year at that time, and Draymond + Klay are locked up long term at a combined 35 mil themselves. So, that's 70 mil between the core 3 alone. Leaves them around 40 million to play with. I don't think they could get KD unless they did a sign and trade in a deal that includes Barnes and/or Iggy. It'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes for GS. Ezeli and Barnes are both free agents this summer and both could command close to the max in the open market. Since the team is currently paying the luxury tax already this season, I don't really know how they'll keep everyone. Gonna get pricey.

Saddletramp
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Looking at their roster, they'll be giving Curry the max in 2018, which is close to 35 million a year at that time, and Draymond + Klay are locked up long term at a combined 35 mil themselves. So, that's 70 mil between the core 3 alone. Leaves them around 40 million to play with. I don't think they could get KD unless they did a sign and trade in a deal that includes Barnes and/or Iggy. It'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes for GS. Ezeli and Barnes are both free agents this summer and both could command close to the max in the open market. Since the team is currently paying the luxury tax already this season, I don't really know how they'll keep everyone. Gonna get pricey.

And this is with the cap skyrocketing. Can you imagine if this would have been 4-5 years ago? They have a championship core and will get extra cap space on top of that next year. A lot of great teams have been blown up by the salary cap; the Warriors just got lucky with this, too.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
And this is with the cap skyrocketing. Can you imagine if this would have been 4-5 years ago? They have a championship core and will get extra cap space on top of that next year. A lot of great teams have been blown up by the salary cap; the Warriors just got lucky with this, too.

A lot have, you think? I'm kind of struggling to drum up examples. Who are some.

Saddletramp
12-01-2015, 06:46 PM
A lot have, you think? I'm kind of struggling to drum up examples. Who are some.

I probably shouldn't have used "blown up" but definitely weakened.

Harden leaving OKC.
This current Ravens team and probably the Seahawks.
A lot of guys become too expensive for their teams and have to get traded away or let go. Or if they are retained, they have to give up depth or other quality players. You know this.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
I think Durant stays with Thunder. Since well its a new franchise after they moved from Seattle. Why be a ring chaser for easy chance at a ring? Ruins a legacy. Super teams are lame any way. Kinda glad LeBron went back to the lowly Cavs to even out the league more.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 08:03 PM
I probably shouldn't have used "blown up" but definitely weakened.

Harden leaving OKC.
This current Ravens team and probably the Seahawks.
A lot of guys become too expensive for their teams and have to get traded away or let go. Or if they are retained, they have to give up depth or other quality players. You know this.

Well I'm talking basketball. Presti and the Thunder could have kept Harden. They could have maxed him out and made him the highest paid player on the team in fact. They chose a different path.

The Warriors just maxed out Klay and Draymond and Curry's going to get the largest contract in history when his is up (north of 170 million for 5 years it looks like). Other than that, it's up in the air what they'll do. Nobody else is signed past 2016/17 and guys like Barnes and Ezeli are gonna cost a grip. The cap going up just means players cost more. It's relative. Curry being cheap right now is certainly a massive plus, but that's what they got for taking the gamble on him. Some were already ready to rule it a career for the kid at the time.

tredigs
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I think Durant stays with Thunder. Since well its a new franchise after they moved from Seattle. Why be a ring chaser for easy chance at a ring? Ruins a legacy. Super teams are lame any way. Kinda glad LeBron went back to the lowly Cavs to even out the league more.

? The Cavs of 2015 are a way better cast than he was going to have in Miami.

Saddletramp
12-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Well I'm talking basketball. Presti and the Thunder could have kept Harden. They could have maxed him out and made him the highest paid player on the team in fact. They chose a different path.

Salary caps change things in leagues that have them. The NBA has a salary cap. And sure, the Thunder could have kept him but per the rules, it would have cost an arm and a leg and that management/ownership team was not ready and/or able to do that. The plains of central Oklahoma don't bring in as much and offset the taxes as the tech capital of the world. It's just a thing in sports.

The Warriors just maxed out Klay and Draymond and Curry's going to get the largest contract in history when his is up (north of 170 million for 5 years it looks like). Other than that, it's up in the air what they'll do. Nobody else is signed past 2016/17 and guys like Barnes and Ezeli are gonna cost a grip. The cap going up just means players cost more. It's relative. Curry being cheap right now is certainly a massive plus, but that's what they got for taking the gamble on him. Some were already ready to rule it a career for the kid at the time.

And I know that the cap going up means percentages go up so Green and Klay wouldn't have gotten the same money these deals that they woulda gotten in past years but there's still more money coming. Every team in the league will get to add money enough to add a star, the Warriors just have the advantage of already having a title (probably two) by the time the next FA class is ready to sign. It'll even back out in a few years and there'll be another team (maybe even GS) that will have a dominance and might get lessened because of salary cap issues.

And Curry shaking off the injury bug is part of the Warriors luck, as is him turning into Basketball Jesus (and no, I'm not saying it's only luck- hard work, the right system, the correct player personnel, etcetcetc).

tredigs
12-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Salary caps change things in leagues that have them. The NBA has a salary cap. And sure, the Thunder could have kept him but per the rules, it would have cost an arm and a leg and that management/ownership team was not ready and/or able to do that. The plains of central Oklahoma don't bring in as much and offset the taxes as the tech capital of the world. It's just a thing in sports.

And I know that the cap going up means percentages go up so Green and Klay wouldn't have gotten the same money these deals that they woulda gotten in past years but there's still more money coming. Every team in the league will get to add money enough to add a star, the Warriors just have the advantage of already having a title (probably two) by the time the next FA class is ready to sign. It'll even back out in a few years and there'll be another team (maybe even GS) that will have a dominance and might get lessened because of salary cap issues.

And Curry shaking off the injury bug is part of the Warriors luck, as is him turning into Basketball Jesus (and no, I'm not saying it's only luck- hard work, the right system, the correct player personnel, etcetcetc).

I mean I agree with some of what you're saying, but it's not like they'll be able to keep this whole core just because the cap is rising. Draymond + Klay + Curry are going to cost 75 million on their own and Barnes + Ezeli could theoretically both get max contracts from some desperate teams. Even if it's not quite there, they'll both likely cost close to 30 million between the two of 'em. That's your entire ~105-108 million projected 2018 cap with 10 more roster spots left. They could go a little higher than that before the tax of course (and they will), but it's not like they can keep the same team.

Even if they do go this KD path and trade both Barnes + Klay in the process, Durant's salary will cost over 25 mil a year I think.

The thought that the Warriors make a bunch more than OKC due to their location is actually not true. They're about the same level, with OKC's rising dramatically after landing KD + moving from Seatle to OKC.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/196716/revenue-of-the-golden-state-warriors-since-2006/

TrueFan420
12-02-2015, 12:24 AM
I mean I agree with some of what you're saying, but it's not like they'll be able to keep this whole core just because the cap is rising. Draymond + Klay + Curry are going to cost 75 million on their own and Barnes + Ezeli could theoretically both get max contracts from some desperate teams. Even if it's not quite there, they'll both likely cost close to 30 million between the two of 'em. That's your entire ~105-108 million projected 2018 cap with 10 more roster spots left. They could go a little higher than that before the tax of course (and they will), but it's not like they can keep the same team.

Even if they do go this KD path and trade both Barnes + Klay in the process, Durant's salary will cost over 25 mil a year I think.

The thought that the Warriors make a bunch more than OKC due to their location is actually not true. They're about the same level, with OKC's rising dramatically after landing KD + moving from Seatle to OKC.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/196716/revenue-of-the-golden-state-warriors-since-2006/

Warriors are gonna start making more and more as they put a winner on the court and they get more media coverage for this crazy start. Plus their moving to SF which will mean more money as well.

Saddletramp
12-02-2015, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I'm not buying that the Warriors going forward won't be as or more profitable and willing to go in to the tax than the Thunder (or most other teams, for that matter). But whatever.

And yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do in a few years besides getting guys to sign on the cheap for a chance for a title. But we'll see. The immediate to mid future looks brighter than any team in sports.

LA_Raiders
12-02-2015, 02:36 AM
He will be a Laker. Book it.

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 02:08 AM
Nobody will say no to KD because he is a great teammate to be with. Look at his playing style. He is efficient and makes teammates better, not ballhogging. If he were Kobe teams would be hesitant.

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 02:09 AM
I don't think he's coming to the Warriors either. I think he stays.
Going to the warriors to tarnish his reputation, I think.

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Hello, Donald.
Who is Donald?

Chrisclover
12-03-2015, 02:19 AM
My guess is he stays in OKC. If he leaves the Warriors would be happy to have him, but he may not want to come to a team that can win without him.
He wants it, trust me on this. Nobody does not want an easy mode. If and when he goes there, some players will be sidelined or traded away so it is not like KD is an extra piece. He is a huge upgrade who can guarantee the team perennial success.
The reason why he may refuse it is that people will belittle him.

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Why would Golden State want Kevin Durant? They're damn-near perfect. There's a better chance of Durant joining the Lakers.