PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Lakers? (Other than Kobe)

kobe4thewinbang
11-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Anyone else sad to see Kobe struggling like this? His shot just has no life and this will be it for him if something doesn't improve.

But every other addition besides Randle and Huertas is stinking up STAPLES Center. The awful team of the last two years was better than this. I saw a rumor about Lakers considering trades for the disappointing additions like Hibbert, Bass and Williams. Hibbert is an expiring contract, but the other two have multi-year deals and they've sucked.

And Russell is playing like anything but a lottery pick and being outplayed by every other rookie so far. I think Scott is going to be fired soon for backing a losing lineup, because I would be panicking at his point because they are not playing in an entertaining fashion nor winning. With the way Rondo is playing, they should've snagged him. At least the Kings are playing hard and have potential to reach .500 or more.

PhillyFaninLA
11-25-2015, 02:22 PM
They don't have the talent, the talent they have is either old and arrogant or young and needing to develop.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2015, 02:24 PM
tank job to keep their pick

smith&wesson
11-25-2015, 02:38 PM
Randle and Russell are the lone bright spots really. They need to get rid of kobe, young, hibbert, lou, bass, etc and just go with the youth movement. .

Avenged
11-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Nothing is wrong with them. Look at the talent or lack of. They just suck.

Chronz
11-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Nothing is wrong, everything is going according to plan. Only the most unrealistic of Laker fans or nonobjective NBA fans thought they would even sniff .500 much less the playoffs. They need to tank badly to keep their pick and Scott is the best at securing low positioning. I remember when Laker fans actually thought Lin SHOULD have been on the bench when in reality he was likely their best player

DanG
11-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Wrong coach, no system, rotations, defense or anything. We shouldn't be playing like this. No way is this team worse than last year. Byron Scott is the wrong man for the job, I'm not saying he can't coach, he just needs the right talent. The future looks bright though with Russell-Randle-Clarkson

People need to stop calling Russell a bust. He can't find a rhythm while playing only 25 minutes per game. Plus he is playing with Kobe who still thinks he's 26. Every other rookie gets to ball the first year out while playing heavy minutes and not having to worry about winning. Yet Russell's stats look pretty damn okay.

D'Angelo Russell 10/4/3 on 40% shooting 26MPG Age 19 USG% just 20

Look at the first years of some very good point guards:

Tony Parker: 9/3/4 on 42% shooting 29 MPG Age 19
Deron Williams: 11/2/5 on 42% shooting 29MPG Age 21
Steve Nash: 8/3/6 on 36% shooting 32MPG Age 24 Actually his 3rd year
Jason Kidd: 12/5/8 on 38% shooting 34MPG Age 21
Chauncey Billups: 11/2/4 on 37% shooting 28MPG Age 21
Rajon Rondo: 6/4/4 on 42% shooting 24MPG Age 20

PER 36 Russell

14/6/4 on 40% USG% 20

Westbrook's 1st year PER 36: 17/5/6 on 40% USG% 25

He is only 19. Let him work and then we'll see. He isn't Steph Curry, no one is.

If I had to grade the main players performances throughout the 1st 14 games it would look like this:

Clarkson B+
Randle B
Russell C+
Hibbert C+
Williams C-
Kobe D+

Yes, this is how bad it look right now for Kobe. It's just sad to watch. It's not entirely his fault because the organization should have done a better job getting more talent around him, but still. 17 FGA on 32% shooting?!? That's not only bad for him, but also horrible for the development of our young players. He should just announce that he is retiring at the end of the season, sit out most of the home games and get cheered in other arenas.

Dade County
11-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Would it be so disrespectful to just buyout Kobe?

I don't understand.

Scoots
11-25-2015, 03:22 PM

I don't understand.

The easiest way to lose big and still fill the arena is Kobe's farewell tour.

D-Leethal
11-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Their roster blows. Nothing else is wrong with them.

Chacarron
11-25-2015, 03:35 PM
The easiest way to lose big and still fill the arena is Kobe's farewell tour.

Unfortunately this is true. The Lakers need Kobe this year in order to fill in seats and lose games. I would much rather lose with our young players getting playing time to develop than Kobe jacking up 3's. I just hope the Lakers keep their pick next year and get rid of Byron Scott. No one should let this Kobe have as much freedom as Byron is allowing him to have.

Gander13SM
11-25-2015, 03:51 PM
The Lakers are masquerading their tanking efforts by using an ageing Kobe who's body broke down ages ago as a scapegoat. That combined with the coaching and draft picks not living up to expectations.

Players and fans don't want it but I'm betting the management is rubbing their hands in glee.

Also, there's nothing wrong. Just to be clear. They suck.

I don't know why people thought they would be good this year. Kobe was done being "that guy" the minute he tore his achilles, the knee was the finishing blow.

They added a 6th man of the year and a center that was pretty good for a minute then stunk up the post season so bad he was benched while simultaneously shattering records for his abysmal production in terms of advanced metrics. Oh and they got Brandon Bass.

Seriously. This is the Western conference. They had no chance. I doubt they would have even had a chance in the east with the way their teams have started to improve.

kingsdelez24
11-25-2015, 04:33 PM
I know they're trying to tank, but listening to anything Byron Scott says in any press conference is head scratching to say the least. He's way too over entitled for the kind of remarks he makes.

He came into the league with three hall of famers surrounding him, started off coaching teams that had players in their prime like Kidd, Kmart, and a young Jefferson, then to New Orleans where he had CP3, Chandler, David West, Peja, etc.

He hardly had to develop anyone while coaching because his teams were loaded with talent. He's been abysmal with young players not named Chrid Paul and Kyrie Irving, and he's been exposed as terrible at developing players since he was brought in to Cleveland. The Lakers with a Brad Stevens type as coach would at least have 4 more wins.

nickdymez
11-25-2015, 04:34 PM

I don't understand.

Fans of teams with no real history think like this. You don't buy out a guy like Kobe, you buy out a guy like Udanis Haslem.

nickdymez
11-25-2015, 04:35 PM
This should be in the Lakers forum.

FlashBolt
11-25-2015, 04:44 PM
What is wrong with Lakers is everything right now. Coach has to get replaced. Kobe has to go, no more stupid overpriced contracts just because of loyalty and rewarding a guy. He has to go and fast if this franchise wants to move past this embarrassment. They need a free agent who is a leader and capable of carrying a team until D'Angelo/Randle become better because both of them need lots of help. #1 priority, get rid of Kobe. #2, new coach. #3, sign a free agent. There is no way this franchise shouldn't get anyone who is at least an All-Star when Kobe leaves.

jerellh528
11-25-2015, 05:11 PM
You're crazy. Everything is right with them. Simmons is the future plan. Simmons, Russell, clarkson, Randle. Surround those guys with an all star or two and some good vets. Contend for a long time. Profit.

ewing
11-25-2015, 05:15 PM
You're crazy. Everything is right with them. Simmons is the future plan. Simmons, Russell, clarkson, Randle. Surround those guys with an all star or two and some good vets. Contend for a long time. Profit.

so you only need a to win the lotto, sign a couple all stars and add some solid vets. doesn't sound like everything is right :confused:

jerellh528
11-25-2015, 05:18 PM
so you only need a to win the lotto, sign a couple all stars and some solid vets. doesn't sound like everything is right :confused:

They're in great situation right now to do just that.

ewing
11-25-2015, 05:21 PM

:cheers:

setman2000
11-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Kobe is what's wrong with the Lakers. From his greed, to his ego, to his unlikable personality to his age.

Teeboy1487
11-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Lakers forum bro. Other nba fans should not have to waste their time talking about the lowly Lakers.

Chronz
11-25-2015, 05:57 PM

:cheers:

JasonJohnHorn
11-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Their GM has never had to rely on scouting, so he's $#!!T in the draft, their rooks are busts (I'll lump Randal in).

Their coach has no direction. If he's letting Kobe run things, and take shots when he aint' hitting them, it's going to lead to others doing the same.

Nance has actually had some nice play though.

That said... they want to lose to keep their pick. That is clear. They are the new 76ers.

ldawg
11-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Every thing is set in laker land except 1 thing. They drafted the wrong rookie. They would of had their all star big and would only need their dynamic guard. Now it seem like the need both.

IKnowHoops
11-26-2015, 02:11 AM
Lakers forum bro. Other nba fans should not have to waste their time talking about the lowly Lakers.

Hahahaha, in this case, I think that its you who doesn't want non laker fans discussing the lakers current state of affairs in the main forum. I'd bet that most non laker fans find the current state of the lakers quite entertaining.

IKnowHoops
11-26-2015, 02:14 AM
On another note, I think everyone is jumping the gun on Russell. He may end up being nothing, but he also may end up being great. A lot of good young guards struggle early. Kobe being one of them.

IKnowHoops
11-26-2015, 02:19 AM
But like others have said, there record is no surprise. They are an awful and young team.

xcvnhj
11-26-2015, 06:37 AM
Anyone else sad to see Kobe struggling like this? His shot just has no life and this will be it for him if something doesn't improve. http://computerstalk.com/red/images/42.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/41.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/40.gif

eso
11-26-2015, 07:14 AM
Every thing is set in laker land except 1 thing. They drafted the wrong rookie. They would of had their all star big and would only need their dynamic guard. Now it seem like the need both.

Yeah we should of drafted Porzingas for sure man, he is going to be the best Rook of this class by far. He is the only guy we missed on Russ will be better than Oak (and I'm only guessing but that's who you were talking about) by seasons end.. Kid will be a star if not super star. His composure on the court is amazing with the cards he is being dealt.

Ty22Mitchell
11-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Even though I want Simmons, I still maintain that the roster you outlined will have spacing issues in halfcourt sets (Clarkson would be the only one who's a legit threat).

Ty22Mitchell
11-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Nothing is wrong, everything is going according to plan. Only the most unrealistic of Laker fans or nonobjective NBA fans thought they would even sniff .500 much less the playoffs. They need to tank badly to keep their pick and Scott is the best at securing low positioning. I remember when Laker fans actually thought Lin SHOULD have been on the bench when in reality he was likely their best player

I think you may be right in hindsight. I thought they could win 30 games, but that would of required some huge contribution from the young guys.

basketballkitty
11-26-2015, 09:56 AM
The Lakers signed several Vets...but Scott is not even trying to use them, rather just bowing down to Kobe, and his desire to hoist 20 + shots a game just to up his own personal stats. The Lakers are bad yes, but they won't likely be top-3 bad when it is all over. They will probably fall in the 5-6 range. And likely have a small chance to win the Lottery in order to keep their own 1st rounder.

ldawg
11-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Noting is wrong with the Lakers. They got a top 3 pick to protect and as bad as they are it still have two teams worst than them. You are are jumping on them for loosing and if they win a few meaning less games will jump on them for that. Lakers are fine 2016 is not their year. If you want to watch winning BBall watch GSW, Spurs, Cavs etc. But i repeat Lakers are OK.

3ssetufree
11-26-2015, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=basketballkitty:30538083]The Lakers signed several Vets...but Scott is not even trying to use them, rather just bowing down to Kobe, and his desire to hoist 20 + shots a game just to up his own personal stats. The Lakers are bad yes, but they won't likely be top-3 bad when it is all over. They will probably fall in the 5-6 range. And likely have a small chance to win the Lottery in order to keep their own 1st rounder.[/QUOT
He averages 16 shots a game and hasn't taken 20+ or played much more than 30 minutes. Watch the games before exaggerating.

SportsFanatic13
11-26-2015, 12:12 PM
I still can't believe they opted for Roy Hibbert instead of Okafor. All time mistake.

basketballkitty
11-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Kobe is the 251st ranked player in the league right now...and that CANNOT be argued with. And yet he is taking far & away the most shots on his team....THAT is why the Lakers are " Bleep "

End of Story!!!

ldawg
11-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Kobe is the 251st ranked player in the league right now...and that CANNOT be argued with. And yet he is taking far & away the most shots on his team....THAT is why the Lakers are " Bleep "

End of Story!!!nope they tanking.

ldawg
11-26-2015, 02:15 PM
I still can't believe they opted for Roy Hibbert instead of Okafor. All time mistake.
Now thats some strange ish right there.

3ssetufree
11-26-2015, 06:12 PM

End of Story!!!

Good call without Kobe its a playoff team.

IBleedPurple
11-26-2015, 06:39 PM

I don't understand.

The easiest way to lose big and still fill the arena is Kobe's farewell tour.Yep. Kobe is worth nothing. Make $, suck as a team, and attempt to get a draft lottery star & avoid being a mid-level NBA purgatory team.

Gander13SM
11-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Their leading scorer is shooting a little over 30% from the field. And their leader in assists is averaging <4 apg.

Kobe.

Jamiecballer
11-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Russell will be fine when Kobe is gone. That's a lot of pressure having to keep him happy.

FriedTofuz
11-27-2015, 09:36 PM
LOL I saw the title and LOLed. Good job OP. Kobe is the biggest problem with the lakers and I dont think he's helping the youth movement. Im not sure his mentoring is any better.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Talent is way to young or WAY to old.
They have too many players that want clear outs to be able to go one on one in Clarkson, Kobe, Randall, Swaggy P, Lou Williams.

On defense they make one ratation and if the other team makes an extra pass the Lakers stand and watch and hope the open man misses the shot. They dont.

Russell is the only guy trying to run the Princeton offense and hes the one guy we want to break the offense to try to creat for others. He needs to be more selfish.

nickdymez
11-28-2015, 05:24 PM
People are killin me man. You guys act like this is a championship team and kobe hurts their chances at winning. You people act like Russell, Clarkson, and Randle have been in the league some years and are entering their prime.

Randle is playing big minutes, Clarkson is playing big minutes, Russell is getting decent minutes. They are out there learning the league and making their mark, Kobe isnt hurting that. If Kobe still had some years left on the contract and/or was in his prime, then we could start to panic. The team shows promise at times and regression, but thats part of having a young team with no identity. Give them some time.

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2015, 03:05 PM
tank job to keep their pick

I don't see how some people can't figure this out. The Lakers keep interest in the team by running a season-long farewell tour for Kobe Bryant. Meanwhile, they keep their pick, add more assets for the rebuild and open up another $40 million when Kobe and Hibbert go off the books this summer.
Next season, we'll actually get to see what a back court of D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson can do without Bryant bogging everything down.

numba1CHANGsta
11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
What did you guys expect? a playoff contending team where the best players are a 20 year old veteran, a rookie (technically 2 rookies), a late second round pick in his 2nd year, and a center who can't score? Lol it's just your typical re-building team who also need to finish in the bottom 3 to have a chance to keep their pick. I think you guys should be asking whats wrong with the Wizards, Bucks, Clippers, Rockets, Pelicans, since they're all under achieving

kingsdelez24
11-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Not sogning Rondo and not drafting KCP or Okafor in the draft

Tony_Starks
11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Byron. Scott.

Jenceman
11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Their GM has never had to rely on scouting, so he's $#!!T in the draft, their rooks are busts (I'll lump Randal in).

Their coach has no direction. If he's letting Kobe run things, and take shots when he aint' hitting them, it's going to lead to others doing the same.

Nance has actually had some nice play though.

That said... they want to lose to keep their pick. That is clear. They are the new 76ers.
Haha what? Clarkson has been an amazing pick and Randle is pretty talented as well. Russell is getting better and has the most potential of any player in the draft, and you said yourself Nance was a solid pick.

Kupchak got some great years out of Bynum too. Drafting has been Kupchaks only saving grace lately.

KINGOFSPORTS
11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
I expected the Lakers to be better this season because of the talent and upside of randle russell clarkson

The problem isn't so much the talent - it's the personalities. Randle and Clarkson are not team players. They don't pass the ball much and basically go one on one everytime they get the ball.

The same can also be said for Kobe of course. Hibbert can't pass either - all he dos is shoot the ball anytime he catches it. So now you have 4 of the 5 starters never passing the ball. That's why the Lakers are terrible.

I've never seen a team this selfish in my life and it's concerning for Laker fans. Randle, in particular, doesn't seem to get it at all. The guy thinks he's LeBron james and trys to go coast to coast everytime he gets a rebound. He's also missed more point blank layup than Kwame Brown at this point.

I'm hoping this all continues this year honestly as they need to keep that pick