PDA

View Full Version : 11/23 NBA GameThread

kdspurman
11-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Monday November 23rd, 2015

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/sac.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/cha.png&h=70&w=70

7:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/orl.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/cle.png&h=70&w=70

7:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/ny.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mia.png&h=70&w=70

7:30PM
NBA TV

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/det.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mil.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phi.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/min.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/phx.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/sa.png&h=70&w=70

8:30PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/okc.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/utah.png&h=70&w=70

9:00PM

kdspurman
11-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Will have the games up shortly ya'll, bare with me :)

tredigs
11-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to watching Towns eat Okafor's lunch today.

5ass
11-23-2015, 07:58 PM
The Magic take on the best in the east today. I'm hoping to see Aaron Gordon on LeBron, but Skiles will probably put Fournier on him. Fournier held his own against Harden, Durant, George, etc. but I don't think he can handle LeBron.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Is it fair to say that if Kobe was a nameless/faceless player, he would be cut from the team and denied workouts to attempt to join the bench of any other team?

I just watched the game from last night, and that is not an NBA level basketball player. His ego is truly out of this world to take the shots he does at this point.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 08:15 PM
KD might play tonight. Please lord stay healthy and play the Warriors in the playoffs. I need to know who is better at full strength. OKC's big three have not been healthy in the post-season once (post-Harden as kids).

tredigs
11-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Okfaor gets the block on KAT's up and under on one end. Philly isolates Okafor on KAT on the other end only to see a forced airball. I like it. Fun battle.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Towns vs OKA and Wiggins vs Durant... Future Finals matchup : )

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Porzingas finally bought cable.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Porzingas finally bought cable.

We are just seeing things... Gods dont have a bad first half.

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 09:54 PM
When it rains, it Porzingases.

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 09:57 PM
We are just seeing things... Gods dont have a bad first half.

I am enjoying this lol. I hate the Knicks. It's better to me if they're irrelevant. It's just funny how they went from booing him to thinking he is the next Dirk. I would like to remind them that Linsanity was short-lived. It's good and all to get excited about a prospect, but to think they're the next big thing and will be legendary is a bit far fetched. Give him a year or two to make claims like that. It's Giannis all over again, albeit he is a very good player now. I just say patience is key.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:00 PM
OKA is dominating Towns on both ends badly.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Towns being man handled wont play much more with 3 Personals... HE CANT CONTAIN THE BIG FELLA

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Towns has gotten some very unfortunate foul calls on him. Ruining what should be a fun battle here.

This game is very hard to watch. These teams are horrible.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Towns has gotten some very unfortunate foul calls on him. Ruining what should be a fun battle here.

This game is very hard to watch. These teams are horrible.

Sadly this is the sixers at their best honestly lol

We go as far as OKA takes us.

flea
11-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Okafor/Towns matchup showing Towns's big weakness. He doesn't have the frame/strength to handle a lot of centers and he's a foul machine as a result. Still think both will be very good players but the jury is way out on who will be better. Okafor looking like he needs doubles all the time unless you got a true center with good defense - and even then he's going to burn through fouls in whatever frontcourt he opposes.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:11 PM
The best part is if we can get Embiid back healthy Noel becomes Expendable with Embiid having more upside than Both OKA/Noel.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:11 PM
LOl KG in the Ear talking crap to TJ and TJ smiling... Id smile to if KG talked crap to me. Dream come true.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Okafor/Towns matchup showing Towns's big weakness. He doesn't have the frame/strength to handle a lot of centers and he's a foul machine as a result. Still think both will be very good players but the jury is way out on who will be better. Okafor looking like he needs doubles all the time unless you got a true center with good defense - and even then he's going to burn through fouls in whatever frontcourt he opposes.

One was a loose ball foul and another very tick-tack. He only has a 3.9 PF per 36 minutes. That isn't very high at all.

He's 19 yrs old. He'll grow into himself. And frankly is already much better than average for the center position.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Leave it to Rubio to miss a layup with nobody 5 feet in any direction around him that would've brought them within 2.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Best half of the season for Oka though. Definitely capitalized.

flea
11-23-2015, 10:17 PM
One was a loose ball foul and another very tick-tack. He only has a 3.9 PF per 36 minutes. That isn't very high at all.

He's 19 yrs old. He'll grow into himself. And frankly is already much better than average for the center position.

Whoa definitely not better than average after 13 games on a mediocre team where he gets less than 30 minutes a game. Both guys will probably be top 10 centers soon but if you want to win now you take at least 15 centers over Towns. Towns has had foul problems since college and none of the 3 or 4 games I've seen from him seem like he's cleaned it up.

zn23
11-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Knicks bench is a disaster

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Philly's best chance to win was vs us. They blew a 17 point lead.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Not better than average? Lmfao. His D is already clearly/obviously top 20 for any big and he puts up 16 and 10 on >50% from the field and >90% from the stripe. He rates solid to elite in every advanced stat.

What player have you been watching? ...

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:40 PM
you know whats hilarious... you guys are seeing what I have stated all year.. Oka dominates... Literally Dominates... Sixers get out to a big lead... OKA either sits or then gets double teamed the rest of the game and opens up wide open shots for everyone else and they just miss or turn it over and we lose our lead because its OKA and a bunch of Dleag Players.

This is why its not as black and white when saying Towns or Porz has been better because neither plays on a team like this and gets doubled every single time down the court.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Noel who looked improved offensively through the first 6 games of the season is literally garbage 3 plus feet away from the basket/

flea
11-23-2015, 10:44 PM
If he was that good already he'd be playing 35+ and the T-Wolves would be an easy playoff team. I think they do make the playoffs eventually because of how much talent is on their roster, but Towns will need to be a big part of that. NBA big man defense is a lot more complex than blocks and boards, but he is good at both of those. EG, no way would I say he's a better defender than Zaza or Bogut.

More time will tell and we won't have to argue over this. But now, give me Horford, Jordan, Duncan, both Lopezes, both Gasols, Gortat, Drummond, Cousins, Vuc, Howard, Gobert, Bogut, and Chandler easy. Then very solid vets that always get underrated (Zaza, Asik, Hibbert, Jefferson, etc.) have solid cases.

Plus his draftmate Okafor is at least as good as he is - after all, it was Okafor that won it all last year while Towns lost despite having far and away the most talented team.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:46 PM
It's actually amazing how terrible Rubio is in ISO going for a layup. He reminds me of myself after getting a steal off the opposing point in 3rd grade and tripping over the layup.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Porz tonight with a ton of trash Minutes and rebounds but that only applies to OKA : )

tredigs
11-23-2015, 10:48 PM
If he was that good already he'd be playing 35+ and the T-Wolves would be an easy playoff team. I think they do make the playoffs eventually because of how much talent is on their roster, but Towns will need to be a big part of that. NBA big man defense is a lot more complex than blocks and boards, but he is good at both of those. EG, no way would I say he's a better defender than Zaza or Bogut.

More time will tell and we won't have to argue over this. But now, give me Horford, Jordan, Duncan, both Lopezes, both Gasols, Gortat, Drummond, Cousins, Vuc, Howard, Gobert, Bogut, and Chandler easy. Then very solid vets that always get underrated (Zaza, Asik, Hibbert, Jefferson, etc.) have solid cases.

Plus his draftmate Okafor is at least as good as he is - after all, it was Okafor that won it all last year while Towns lost despite having far and away the most talented team.
What do you mean, "if he was that good"? I just told you the facts about him. There are 450 players in the league. He's already better than 350 of them and that's if we're being very harsh. Being a good player does not mean you're going to lead your team into the playoffs or even get 35+ a night. 35 is a ton of minutes in the current NBA. Like 8 players average 35 a night or more. I thought you were smarter than this?

Scoots
11-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Whiteside has moved into 2nd worst ast/36 rate all time (Yinka Dare is #1) with his 10th career assist! Why pass when you are always the best player on the court :)

Hardaway Here
11-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Hack a Whiteside hasn't been a good strategy yet they keep doing it.

flea
11-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Ah okay, well if you're counting Dewayne Dedmon, Javale Mcgee, and Kevin Seraphin then yeah he's definitely a above average center. But typically when I think of above average at your position I think of starters, not bench fodder.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Ah okay, well if you're counting Dewayne Dedmon, Javale Mcgee, and Kevin Seraphin then yeah he's definitely a above average center. But typically when I think of above average at your position I think of starters, not bench fodder.
He's above avg for a starter too dude. The guy has an AMAZING mid-range shot, is a plus defender and a plus rebounder. He has a top 20 PER in the NBA and holds opposing bigs to 0.9 PPP. Averages a double double. I mean, what is there not to like exactly? He isn't leading a super young team to a playoff spot in the West in his first month in the league? OK, ya got me. He isn't a superstar yet (you know, the only players capable of doing that).

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:07 PM
KD is back and ******** on everything in his path.

Max.This
11-23-2015, 11:12 PM
Porz tonight with a ton of trash Minutes and rebounds but that only applies to OKA : )

they were down double digits for most of the game. Which part was trash minutes. the last 2 rebounds he got wasn't even recorded on the stat sheet. He got 1 rebound to his stat sheet in the last 4 minutes of the game.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:14 PM
they were down double digits for most of the game. Which part was trash minutes. the last 2 rebounds he got wasn't even recorded on the stat sheet. He got 1 rebound to his stat sheet in the last 4 minutes of the game.

:eyebrow: Why would that be the case?

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:16 PM
I guess the Wolves at home are worse than any team anywhere. And we're seeing that right now.

When is their last home win? March of 2014, right?

Max.This
11-23-2015, 11:16 PM
:eyebrow: Why would that be the case?

they considered it "team rebound"

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:20 PM
they considered it "team rebound"

Gotchya makes sense

J_M_B
11-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Miami should move to first in def efficiency after tonight

nycericanguy
11-23-2015, 11:26 PM
horrible game for NY, but KP has really found his NBA 3pt range last 5 games or so. he seems to rush a few shots but once he cleans that up he's going to be scoring 20 easily.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:32 PM

that is basically the sixers every game where Oka gets accused of getting his stats in trash time :shrug:

zn23
11-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Close but no cigar Sixers.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Plus/Minus da best... OKA Negative 10 the worst on either team... 10-15 25 points/12Rebounds/2 blocks/1 steal.... Doubled all 2nd half... nobody else can score on our team so we lose. **** the lottery i want wiggins lol

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:37 PM
Close but no cigar Sixers.

Happens when its OKA vs the wolves but you are a known oka hater so id expect you wouldnt understand. He rekt towns doh : )

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:37 PM
If the wolves dump rubio and get a good PG who can open up the floor and add some more depth this team will be ****ing nasty.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Way to call the timeout and go for the layup with 7 seconds left Sixers. That organization just knows how to win.

kdspurman
11-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Kawhi is having himself quite the game. Doing it all tonight

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Way to call the timeout and go for the layup with 7 seconds left Sixers. That organization just knows how to win.

Hinkie is going to destroy oka mark my words.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Can we vote to just kick the Sixers out of the NBA?

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Can we vote to just kick the Sixers out of the NBA?

If they are this bad next season yes... not even kidding. OKA and Noel dont deserve this nor do the fans... its honestly oka/noel and people that wouldnt be on any other team in the NBA.

I have always stated next year will be the year where we make huge strides in the win area

Longhornfan1234
11-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Has Duncan finally hit the big man wall?

spurs defense is starting to impress me./

More-Than-Most
11-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Has Duncan finally hit the big man wall?

spurs defense is starting to impress me./

Nope he is saving his legs for the playoffs. Not kidding either. The Regular season means nothing to him as it should... they have LA and Kwahi for that ****... Save Duncan for the playoffs/get your ring/retire.

SteBO
11-24-2015, 12:08 AM
KD looks pretty awesome.....

More-Than-Most
11-24-2015, 12:09 AM
KD looks pretty awesome.....

he will looks even better as a sixer :)

kdspurman
11-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Nope he is saving his legs for the playoffs. Not kidding either. The Regular season means nothing to him as it should... they have LA and Kwahi for that ****... Save Duncan for the playoffs/get your ring/retire.

Exactly... even so, his scoring numbers aren't there, minutes are down, but he is still rebounding the ball well and still a force defensively. He'll have good scoring games here and there, but at this point, his load is much lighter. We saw what he did against the Clips last year, he's pacing himself and allowing the torch to be passed gracefully

WaDe03
11-24-2015, 12:19 AM
he will looks even better on the Heat :)

Yea he will I cant wait for him to join us!

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

More-Than-Most
11-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Exactly... even so, his scoring numbers aren't there, minutes are down, but he is still rebounding the ball well and still a force defensively. He'll have good scoring games here and there, but at this point, his load is much lighter. We saw what he did against the Clips last year, he's pacing himself and allowing the torch to be passed gracefully

they have so much young depth it would be moronic for them to do anything else... he will play like a man possessed come playoff time because he will legit have nothing to lose and be fresh. Its genius.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Miami has disappointed me some this year ... I just don't see enough to think they can challenge in the East. Am I wrong?

Dragic still looks like he's lost a lot of the time. Wade is closer to current Kobe than he is to peak Wade and that is a fast downhill for explosive guards. Bosh looks a lot older to me this year. They are winning games and playing good ball ... but it just doesn't have that special Heat look I was hoping for.

WaDe03
11-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Miami has disappointed me some this year ... I just don't see enough to think they can challenge in the East. Am I wrong?

Dragic still looks like he's lost a lot of the time. Wade is closer to current Kobe than he is to peak Wade and that is a fast downhill for explosive guards. Bosh looks a lot older to me this year. They are winning games and playing good ball ... but it just doesn't have that special Heat look I was hoping for.

I think we've been pretty good and I disagree with the Wade comment. He's not shooting a good % from the field right now but he's been missing a lot of easy ones that he normally won't miss. When he's not hitting shots he's at least setting other up and getting asists. 7 out of 12 he's scored 20+, 2 of the games he didn't play in the 4th because we were blowing them out and last night had 16 in a blowout win that everyone contributed to. Body and health wise he looks better than he has in years and said he feels like he's 28.

We have the best defense in the league right now and even though Dragic has been bad and Bosh has been inconsistent I've still been impressed. Bosh will pick it up as the season goes on but as for Dragic in not sure but hoping for the best. Also when Green gets going for us off the bench it will be huge for us. There's a lot of room for
Improvement but I'm pretty confident in Wade and Bish continuing to get better as well as Green being a big piece for us of the bench.

FlashBolt
11-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Kevin Durant is easily a top 3 player. IDGAF what anyone says. He's missed a few games which have been really frustrating as a fan but he's putting in some huge career numbers. Highs in PER/WS48 btw and no one knows!!!

Scoots
11-24-2015, 01:33 PM
I think we've been pretty good and I disagree with the Wade comment. He's not shooting a good % from the field right now but he's been missing a lot of easy ones that he normally won't miss. When he's not hitting shots he's at least setting other up and getting asists. 7 out of 12 he's scored 20+, 2 of the games he didn't play in the 4th because we were blowing them out and last night had 16 in a blowout win that everyone contributed to. Body and health wise he looks better than he has in years and said he feels like he's 28.

We have the best defense in the league right now and even though Dragic has been bad and Bosh has been inconsistent I've still been impressed. Bosh will pick it up as the season goes on but as for Dragic in not sure but hoping for the best. Also when Green gets going for us off the bench it will be huge for us. There's a lot of room for
Improvement but I'm pretty confident in Wade and Bish continuing to get better as well as Green being a big piece for us of the bench.

I guess I'm just not confident Wade and Bosh will get better ... or that Green will pull it together. I hope so because I like the Heat players when they are playing around their best.

To clarify, I didn't say Wade was as bad as Kobe, just that he's closer to Kobe now than his peak (and his peak was very high indeed).

tredigs
11-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Kevin Durant is easily a top 3 player. IDGAF what anyone says. He's missed a few games which have been really frustrating as a fan but he's putting in some huge career numbers. Highs in PER/WS48 btw and no one knows!!!
Most would agree KD is a top 1-3 player in the game. But at this point, he just needs to stay on the court. The continually mounting time off the floor have become a very legit concern. Also high in PER/WS in 9 games is sort of a "whatever". We know he's been ballin when he's in, and that's what's great to see.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 03:02 PM

I don't know that "IDGAF what anyone says" is the best position to stake out in a discussion forum. I'd like to think everyone can be convinced of something. :)

I keep hearing Westbrook called "easily a top 5 player" and Durant is "easily a top 3 players" ... I'm not sure it's ever "easy" to classify players, particular at the top of the top.

Curry and LeBron and Durant are the top 3 probably, in no particular order (that makes it even harder), but before the season when Durants health was still a major question I saw LeBron/Davis in the top 3 regularly with the 3rd name a list of different people.

If Davis is still in the top 3 then one of Durant, LeBron, and Curry can't be and it's no longer so easy.

If the top 4 is Durant, LeBron, Curry, and Davis then Westbrook must be #5 if he's "easily a top 5 player" ... or is it Griffin? Harden? Cousins? Wall? Paul? George? Leonard? Gasol? Wall?

These debates are why we are here to some extent ... but if you really "DGAF" then what point is there discussing it?

Dade County
11-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Miami has disappointed me some this year ...

Me too, in a way.

They are not playing up to their full potential. They should not have lost games to Atl, Pacers & Minny; to me those games were mismanaged, no real effort by he players on the court...etc

I just don't see enough to think they can challenge in the East. Am I wrong?

In the East yes they can challenge, they are in that tier 2 of teams. Lbj is tier 1.

Agreed.

Once again, for whatever reason, they are not playing up to their full potential every night (only in some qtrs... and not everyone at the sometime).

Gander13SM
11-24-2015, 06:23 PM
No thread for tonight? D: