PDA

View Full Version : 15-0 Start... Will the Warriors win 70 games?

lamzoka
11-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Vote and Discuss

Mind you the 70 wins Bulls started the season 15-0.

goingfor28
11-23-2015, 12:08 AM
No

nycericanguy
11-23-2015, 12:15 AM
55 and 12 is still very difficult to do the rest of the way.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Vote and Discuss

Mind you the 70 wins Bulls started the season 15-0.

The 96 Bulls started 5-0 and lost their 6th game.

Alayla
11-23-2015, 12:28 AM
its plausible but this isn't really the kind of thing that can be accurately predicted there are alot of factors at play in such a weighted question.
I'm going to have to say no injuries, fatigue, mental burn out potential player conflicts etc any of these things could happen at any time and just overall wear and tear as the season goes on that certainly will happen.
They have the right ingredients to make it happen but that does not mean it will and history agrees with me.

Kaner
11-23-2015, 12:35 AM
The 96 Bulls started 5-0 and lost their 6th game.

Also won 72 games that year and are the only team to pass 70. But I think Golden State wins 69+ games this year so I'll vote yes as long as Steph stays healthy.

ManningToTyree
11-23-2015, 12:44 AM
I'll still say no but I don't think anyone would be shocked at this point

TrueFan420
11-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Too early to predict. But we have as good a shot as any. However, I don't think we pull it off.

jerellh528
11-23-2015, 12:51 AM
I'll say yes. I honestly think this team has another gear they haven't even shifted to yet. They're a great team.

Shammyguy3
11-23-2015, 01:12 AM
I certainly hope so, i think it would be awesome. And they have as good of a chance as any team to keep up their current pace. They need to maintain an 0.82% win percentage, which equates to a 67-15 record which isn't crazy to think considering how slow the West has started outside of San Antonio

IndyRealist
11-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Weren't people vehemently calling them overrated and "lucky" in the offseason?

TrueFan420
11-23-2015, 01:24 AM

Yes and I think the Warriors were listening

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 01:34 AM
to put it into perspective. The bulls won 72 games in a conference where only 3 teams had 50 wins or more. There is a good chance the warriors will be competing in a conference with atleast 6 50 win teams. (Last year there were 7). If the warriors win 70 it will be more impressive than the bulls 72. if the warriors only had 2 teams in their conference capable of winning 50 games- theyd win like 75 games easily

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 01:36 AM
I think the longer kerr sits out, the better chance they have. Kerr likes to randomly sit players for games when they arent injured. last yr it costed the warriors atleast 2 or 3 games. I dont think kerr wants to see his bulls teams record beaten. Walton seems more interested in winning

Scoots
11-23-2015, 01:40 AM
I think the longer kerr sits out, the better chance they have. Kerr likes to randomly sit players for games when they arent injured. last yr it costed the warriors atleast 2 or 3 games. I dont think kerr wants to see his bulls teams record beaten. Walton seems more interested in winning

Tired.

Gander13SM
11-23-2015, 02:57 AM

LOL what a load of horse crap. Warriors fans will be tearing you apart for that. Their coach isn't interested in winning? Championship in his first year of coaching and a franchise record in wins says otherwise. And his resting of players allowed them to be fully healthy in the playoffs while every other team was falling apart. It was a very savvy move on his part.

Anyway... back on topic...

They need to go 55-12 from now on to reach 70 wins. If the season started today would you bet on the Warriors winning at least 55 games?

I think it's possible I'm just not sure they will. This is a tougher conference than the one those Bulls were in and with the way the Warriors play I expect a couple guys to get rested which will result in a couple extra losses.

Who knows. Time will tell.

Can we at least agree that they're not getting lucky? Lmao.

nastynice
11-23-2015, 03:15 AM

wtf, do u seriously mean this? what makes u think that?

prodigy
11-23-2015, 03:26 AM
I could careless if they went 82-0. I rather my team rest players and be ready for playoffs. If warriors wanna destroy themselves just to win 70+ games go ahead lol

LegendX
11-23-2015, 03:44 AM

Yeah...going down as the only person in history to play for a 70 win team & coach a 70 win team isn't something anybody wants to do... :facepalm:

To answer the OP question, I don't really know, without sounding cliche it's certainly possible based on the way they are playing.

Gander13SM
11-23-2015, 04:50 AM
I could careless if they went 82-0. I rather my team rest players and be ready for playoffs. If warriors wanna destroy themselves just to win 70+ games go ahead lol

I don't think they're destroying themselves. This team is ludicrously deep. Curry is playing less minutes than Harden and LeBron. Which only makes what he's been doing even more impressive. Essentially, they can theoretically get to 68-70 wins with their reigning MVP and franchise player averaging about 34 minutes per game (a little less than he is now). But it's all about staying healthy. Which is why I expect guys to take turn resting, especially guys like Iguodala, Bogut, Barbosa etc because they all have younger players at their position that can fill in for one game (Barnes, Ezeli, Clark).

If they're playing a scrub team like Philly and decide to rest Bogut and start Ezeli, this team isn't going to miss a beat. Then if they're playing Brooklyn and they rest Iguodala, using Rush off the bench, they'll be fine.

If any of these guys miss big time it would be an issue. But getting a game or 2 off will only benefit Warriors in the long run, I expect this to start happening around the all star break.

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 10:57 AM
wtf, do u seriously mean this? what makes u think that?

the fact that kerr sat guys on multiple occasions who were not hurt. The bulls didnt do that and their go to guy was a 33 yr old guard and a 31 yr old wing who both averaged . LOl last yr kerr was sitting 23 and 24 yr olds last yr. BTW Jordan and pippen were both playing atleast 10-15% more minutes than average warriors starters.

I know pop randomly sits guys, and everyone thinks its trendy.... but its one thing to sit 38 yr old tim duncan and 37 yr old ginoboli. Its another thing to sit 25 yr old klay thompson and 24 yr old draymond green

TrueFan420
11-23-2015, 12:00 PM
the fact that kerr sat guys on multiple occasions who were not hurt. The bulls didnt do that and their go to guy was a 33 yr old guard and a 31 yr old wing who both averaged . LOl last yr kerr was sitting 23 and 24 yr olds last yr. BTW Jordan and pippen were both playing atleast 10-15% more minutes than average warriors starters.

I know pop randomly sits guys, and everyone thinks its trendy.... but its one thing to sit 38 yr old tim duncan and 37 yr old ginoboli. Its another thing to sit 25 yr old klay thompson and 24 yr old draymond green

I know this convo has been played out on our boards ad nauseam... But I'll bite anyway. Yes resting Duncan and Manu is different than Klay and Green. You also don't know what little nagging injuries that they might be carrying. Could they play through them? Yes. If we are winning by a lot and have multiple game lead can afford to give a guy a night off? Yes. Are we still capable of going out and winning against quite a few teams without one of our key players? Yes. Was resting our players key in our title run? Yes.

Just give it up dude... This isn't the same warriors team/management that we've had to deal with all of our lives.

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
I know this convo has been played out on our boards ad nauseam... But I'll bite anyway. Yes resting Duncan and Manu is different than Klay and Green. You also don't know what little nagging injuries that they might be carrying. Could they play through them? Yes. If we are winning by a lot and have multiple game lead can afford to give a guy a night off? Yes. Are we still capable of going out and winning against quite a few teams without one of our key players? Yes. Was resting our players key in our title run? Yes.

Just give it up dude... This isn't the same warriors team/management that we've had to deal with all of our lives.

All of that is true, but IMO to win 72 games you need to give yourself the best chance to win every time you take the floor. Sitting guys who could be playing all at the same time is not doing that. I realize it wouldnt have costed them their number 1 seed and by that reasoning some people are entitled to their opinions that the games are "meaningless".

If you dont think winning 72 games should be a goal- thats fine. it doesnt change the fact that sitting guys is not the best way to get to 72 wins or 70 or whatever. ALso I think its false to say the warriors couldnt win as much as the bulls - if they sit their guys a couple times a week because the 95-96 bulls didnt do that.

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 12:07 PM
The question really comes down to will they win 72 games. because its pretty clear they could if they choose too.

Chronz
11-23-2015, 12:28 PM
If 70 is within reach, you go for it IMO. **** rest, NBA history remembers champions, yes, but they remember historic champions the most. To achieve the ultimate, you have to be willing to pay the ultimate. Go for glory guys

lol, please
11-23-2015, 12:35 PM
55 and 12 is still very difficult to do the rest of the way.

67-0 is even harder, but I think the Warriors can do it.

The first team to not lose a game. Let's witness it together folks.

mavwar53
11-23-2015, 12:37 PM
I won't say they will or they won't, it's entirely possible, I will say though that the last 4-5 games they have not been playing well except in small spurts. If the start putting entire games together again it will be a sight to see.

Gagan136
11-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Have not played the spurs or thunder yet, thats 8 games right there that should be pretty tough. Ill say no for now but who knows, also didnt the Celtics start a season like 29-3 or something like 5 years ago? ill say if the Dubs can get to 30 without losing 3 that they will win 70 with confidence.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 12:53 PM
One significant difference between the 96 Bulls and the 16 Warriors ... those 96 Bulls were playing against teams that were playing their stars big minutes and not giving any rest. The Warriors are theoretically going to go into the playoffs against players who are more rested than that Bulls team had to face. The league has changed so much it's not an apples to apples comparison anymore.

TrueFan420
11-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Have not played the spurs or thunder yet, thats 8 games right there that should be pretty tough. Ill say no for now but who knows, also didnt the Celtics start a season like 29-3 or something like 5 years ago? ill say if the Dubs can get to 30 without losing 3 that they will win 70 with confidence.

I believe they did but that was with a much older team that won on defense and a balanced offense. Our team is designed to run people off the court offensively as well as being capable of locking and playing great defense. And we are much deeper which is an advantage.

BKLYNpigeon
11-23-2015, 01:16 PM

Warriors players aren't playing any extended minutes during this win streak.

PraiseJesus
11-23-2015, 03:10 PM
I think the GSW won't go for the record. They will opt to rest their stars in preparation for the playoffs

FYL_McVeezy
11-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Really tough to predict 15 games in...

Not only do you have to have the talent(which they do) the stars have to align for you to put up a historic season like that. They probably have the best chance out of any team so far this decade tho......

PraiseJesus
11-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Winning 68 games and going B2B is mroe impressive than winning 73 and losing in the playoffs

Gander13SM
11-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Winning 68 games and going B2B is mroe impressive than winning 73 and losing in the playoffs

Why does it have to be one or the other? Starters aren't playing huge minutes during this run.

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 03:40 PM

I always wonder why people think its a choice. Every team that's won north of 70 games during the reg season has won the championship. You can do both. Infact history would show that the more games you win, the more likely you are to win it all.

why not shoot for both?

The worse case scenario would be resting guys the last couple weeks of the season then a key player hurting themselves in the first round of the playoffs. That way they screw themselves on both fronts

SfgiantsJD3
11-23-2015, 03:56 PM
I really hope they just stay focused on winning the next game and let the rest take care of itself. There are too many good teams that make getting more than 65+ wins very tough, its more important to get to the playoffs healthy and not overworked / worn out.

lamzoka
11-23-2015, 04:05 PM
its very possible. The west got weaker while GS got better.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Every team that's won north of 70 games during the reg season has won the championship.

There's that totally worthless stat again. 68 of 69 NBA/ABA titles have been won by teams that DIDN'T win over 70 games during the regular season. 100% of titles won by teams that didn't win more than 70 games in a season were won by teams that didn't win more than 70 games in a season.

The fact is that the principle goal of every team in the NBA regular season is to get to the first game of the playoffs with the best seed possible, in the best health possible, with the best momentum possible. NOTHING ELSE REALLY MATTERS. Every team in the NBA watched last year as player after player got hurt on teams that were pushing to win games down the stretch so even if there was no corollary to fatigue and injury (there is), everybody knows that players who are not playing at all are much less likely to be injured than players who are playing, and every coach knows that if he puts his star in a truly meaningless game and they are lost for the playoffs it will be all his fault forever.

The Warriors are going to win games down the stretch because they want to maintain momentum and they will want to tune themselves up for the playoffs. What they will not do is try to win 72 or 73 games as a goal in and of itself. They will rest players when the training staff says they need rest, regardless of the opponent or the convenience of the timing. It's modern sports and fewer and fewer athletes play all the time any more in any sport.

tredigs
11-23-2015, 05:46 PM
As long as Curry and Draymond stay healthy I don't really see why they wouldn't win 67, and 70's not far off from that. They won 67 last year as a slightly worse team who threw a couple games on b2b's for rest (which I'm sure they will again, which is fine). They did start last year 23-2 though. It's not as if they're too far ahead of that curve.

likemystylez
11-23-2015, 10:24 PM
There's that totally worthless stat again. 68 of 69 NBA/ABA titles have been won by teams that DIDN'T win over 70 games during the regular season. 100% of titles won by teams that didn't win more than 70 games in a season were won by teams that didn't win more than 70 games in a season.

??? wtf are you talking about. I didnt say that you need to win 70 games in order to win a championship, I just said from the data available- we can conclude that winning 70 games gives you a better chance to win a title than winning under 70 games.

Yes 68 of 69 titles were won by teams that had fewer than 70 games, but LOl there are many seasons when nobody wins 70 games so someone still needs to win the championship.

The fact is that the principle goal of every team in the NBA regular season is to get to the first game of the playoffs with the best seed possible, in the best health possible, with the best momentum possible. NOTHING ELSE REALLY MATTERS. Every team in the NBA watched last year as player after player got hurt on teams that were pushing to win games down the stretch so even if there was no corollary to fatigue and injury (there is), everybody knows that players who are not playing at all are much less likely to be injured than players who are playing, and every coach knows that if he puts his star in a truly meaningless game and they are lost for the playoffs it will be all his fault forever.

The Warriors are going to win games down the stretch because they want to maintain momentum and they will want to tune themselves up for the playoffs. What they will not do is try to win 72 or 73 games as a goal in and of itself. They will rest players when the training staff says they need rest, regardless of the opponent or the convenience of the timing. It's modern sports and fewer and fewer athletes play all the time any more in any sport.

tiiiiired

nastynice
11-23-2015, 10:35 PM
If 70 is within reach, you go for it IMO. **** rest, NBA history remembers champions, yes, but they remember historic champions the most. To achieve the ultimate, you have to be willing to pay the ultimate. Go for glory guys

Co-****in-signed!!

to get an all time nba record like best season in history, if it's within reach, u go for it! If we lose 11 games, then rest whoever u want for however long, as long as we are in best shape to get a trophy

JasonJohnHorn
11-24-2015, 01:45 AM

Any team that wins is lucky, but people were over stating the 'luck' part.

As for over-rated.....only idiots were saying that. They were deep enough to have an All-Star (Lee) riding the pine.

They won 67 games in the regular season, more wins than anybody has won in 8 seasons, and they were playing in the West. Even the Heat only won 66 games in their best year playing in the East. And nobody had topped that win total since MJ was playing.

These guys only have to play 60-win percentage to snag the 70-win mark at this point. They don't even have to play as good the rest of the season as they did last year.

Barring injury, these guys are in great shape to tie that record or even set a new mark.

likemystylez
11-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Any team that wins is lucky, but people were over stating the 'luck' part.

As for over-rated.....only idiots were saying that. They were deep enough to have an All-Star (Lee) riding the pine.

They won 67 games in the regular season, more wins than anybody has won in 8 seasons, and they were playing in the West. Even the Heat only won 66 games in their best year playing in the East. And nobody had topped that win total since MJ was playing.

These guys only have to play 60-win percentage to snag the 70-win mark at this point. They don't even have to play as good the rest of the season as they did last year.

Barring injury, these guys are in great shape to tie that record or even set a new mark.

LOL sad part is- this team could go 75-7 and the media would still be critiquing them and wondering if the warriors are for real or if it was luck.

TrueFan420
11-24-2015, 11:57 AM
LOL sad part is- this team could go 75-7 and the media would still be critiquing them and wondering if the warriors are for real or if it was luck.

You know that's not true. I think this run to start the season has subdued some of those remarks at the end of last year. The biggest statement will be winning back to back championships or 2 in 3 years. If this core of Curry, Klay, Green (there's other key players but that's the big 3) and Kerr go on to win 5-6 championship when it's all said an done they will be revered in history.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 12:05 PM
There's been 774 individual seasons in which a player averaged 16 FGA. Kobe Bryant's 2015-16 TS% ranks 774th. Curry's '15-16 TS% ranks 1st.
— Andy Bailey (@AndrewDBailey) November 23, 2015

And some people still think Kobe is a great player and want to see him play and play that way. I don't understand the shame in acknowledging that he WAS a great player.

D-Leethal
11-24-2015, 12:09 PM
I think they are the type of young team with so much ahead of them that they would say **** it, let's break the record. They seem like they want to break down doors and be remembered as one of the greatest dynasty's ever. In comparison to an older team like say the Spurs, who would never go for a regular season record over rest for the playoffs. I think these youngins' want that record and should go for it.

That said, its completely contingent upon staying injury free. That requires a lot of luck. Too early for me to say they will do it, but they definitely could. They are light years ahead of the rest of the NBA right now.

KnicksorBust
11-24-2015, 12:33 PM
I think they are the type of young team with so much ahead of them that they would say **** it, let's break the record. They seem like they want to break down doors and be remembered as one of the greatest dynasty's ever. In comparison to an older team like say the Spurs, who would never go for a regular season record over rest for the playoffs. I think these youngins' want that record and should go for it.

That said, its completely contingent upon staying injury free. That requires a lot of luck. Too early for me to say they will do it, but they definitely could. They are light years ahead of the rest of the NBA right now.

Completely agree. Look at the roster composition... (by minutes played)

#1. Curry = 27 years old
#2. Draymond = 25 years old
#3. Barnes = 23 year old
#4. Klay = 25 years old
#5. Iguodala = 32 years old

That is a core of players that are ready to rock. The oldest player is only 32 and he looks great.

Stinkyoutsider
11-24-2015, 12:38 PM
I think they can do it but they need to stay healthy.

I can still remember the interview Curry gave telling everyone that he was sorry about winning the title last year. I thought Curry was just a nice guy until I saw that interview. There's a real cutthroat competitor in him and he's looking to absolutely destroy people this year. Looking to prove everyone wrong again.

I'm hoping the media stays quiet and gives Curry and the Warriors credit for winning because I don't want my Bulls record to be beaten lol.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 01:05 PM
I think they can do it but they need to stay healthy.

I can still remember the interview Curry gave telling everyone that he was sorry about winning the title last year. I thought Curry was just a nice guy until I saw that interview. There's a real cutthroat competitor in him and he's looking to absolutely destroy people this year. Looking to prove everyone wrong again.

I'm hoping the media stays quiet and gives Curry and the Warriors credit for winning because I don't want my Bulls record to be beaten lol.

Curry has always had that killer inside him. When he crossed over CP3 on the baseline last year he later said he wasn't going to shoot the ball but when he saw him on the ground he had to shoot it to finish it off. Nice guys don't think that way.

It's funny, as nice as these Warriors players are as people, they are all kind of angry about something or another. Being overlooked, being dismissed, being dissed ... and then there is Draymond Green who just wants to shove winning games down everyones throats.

I think these Warriors will do whatever the coaches and trainers tell them to do, but when they are on the floor they are going to try to dominate.

FlashBolt
11-24-2015, 01:07 PM
They are easily winning 70 games. I don't see them losing 12 games at all. Maybe they will get an injury and that cracks their system but for now, all things being equal, I don't see it. Just way too dominant, every player is clutch as hell, Curry running around draining threes. 75-7 record IMO.

Decimotox
11-24-2015, 01:39 PM
I honestly think they could, but it'll come down to two things in my eyes:

1. Injuries or lack thereof. If everyone stays healthy, the chance for 70 wins increases dramatically. They're a team with a young core, so they have that going for them.

2. Will the shots keep falling? Everyone has off nights as far as buckets dropping. Their defense isn't the greatest, but it isn't horrible either. You see they give up 100+ points a lot, so if they have a terrible shooting night, they could lose. How many times will that happen over the next 67 games?

MonroeFAN
11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Some of you are dismissing this idea way to quickly.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 02:25 PM
I honestly think they could, but it'll come down to two things in my eyes:

1. Injuries or lack thereof. If everyone stays healthy, the chance for 70 wins increases dramatically. They're a team with a young core, so they have that going for them.

2. Will the shots keep falling? Everyone has off nights as far as buckets dropping. Their defense isn't the greatest, but it isn't horrible either. You see they give up 100+ points a lot, so if they have a terrible shooting night, they could lose. How many times will that happen over the next 67 games?

Their D has been off this week and it still rates top 5 in the NBA. It was #1 last year and will very likely climb back towards #1 by the time the Christmas games are here. Letting a team score 100+ is not indicative of how good a defense is. The Warriors run a fast pace and teams will get more possessions than average as a result. They shoot 41.8% from three and hold opponents to 29.7% from three. They've had off shooting nights in plenty of their games already, but that D always keeps them in it.

Plus, the small-ball lineup just destroys everything in its path in a matter of 5 minutes, and they're starting to realize that + utilize it more often this season. That is going to be hell for the opposition to try to figure out, and nearly hard to imitate as Draymond Green is the crux of why it is possible. And Draymond Green does not have an NBA clone who can shot 3's + distribute + guard 1-5.

They'll lose a few tough game to good teams here and there (if they play OKC/SAS/CLE at full strength for example), and they'll have b2b "schedule losses" on the road to feisty teams like Utah or Phoenix. But barring a decent amount of missed time to Curry or Draymond, they will probably eclipse their 67 wins from last year. After that it's a crap shoot.

D-Leethal
11-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Completely agree. Look at the roster composition... (by minutes played)

#1. Curry = 27 years old
#2. Draymond = 25 years old
#3. Barnes = 23 year old
#4. Klay = 25 years old
#5. Iguodala = 32 years old

That is a core of players that are ready to rock. The oldest player is only 32 and he looks great.

Yea they have the ability to etch their own place in history and I think they are motivated to do that. Just seems like all of these records do mean something to these kids. Maybe they are young enough to not give a **** about health, energy for playoffs etc., and in this case that is a good thing. After winning a title, they look hungrier than they did last year. Gotta love that. They are doing what I think everyone expected OKC to eventually do as far as dominate the league and have a shot to break records.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I think they are interested in maintaining their winning culture and if they get the record along the way all the sweeter, but I also think they are very well aware that the title is really the only thing that really matters.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 03:00 PM
I think they are interested in maintaining their winning culture and if they get the record along the way all the sweeter, but I also think they are very well aware that the title is really the only thing that really matters.

the more I think about that, it might only be half true you know? We talk about that 72 win season as a hallowed record that only the greatest team ever could have done. Phil Jackson himself said that if it were to ever be broken, it would not be by a West Coast team. That "the travel would make it impossible". It would be a historic, legendary achievement that ultimately lands them in the pantheon of the best teams in NBA history if they take down that award + yes, win the title.

If they JUST get the win total, that would still be an incredible achievement worthy of massive praise, but I'm with you that it wouldn't hold close to the same weight if it is not coupled with the title. That said, they're a young + healthy team and nobody averages north of 36 minutes a night. There's really no reason why fatigue should come in to play here, 73 wins or not.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Those 72 win Bulls were not the target the Warriors are now (those Bulls were coming off a 47 win season), and their travel was optimal compared to the Warriors travel being terrible. Fatigue isn't just in minutes on the floor, but travel, and maintaining that pressure for every quarter of every game for a season can cause players to be more likely to ignore that soreness that is foretelling a weakness and rather than the player getting help and maybe taking rest they play on and then miss time.

I still think 72 is a heck of a mountain to climb and my guess is they are not aiming there at all. If they get to 63+ wins with 10 games to go then it's in range, and maybe they try to have a finishing kick, but I don't think it's any kind of target for the players or coaches now.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Those 72 win Bulls were not the target the Warriors are now (those Bulls were coming off a 47 win season), and their travel was optimal compared to the Warriors travel being terrible. Fatigue isn't just in minutes on the floor, but travel, and maintaining that pressure for every quarter of every game for a season can cause players to be more likely to ignore that soreness that is foretelling a weakness and rather than the player getting help and maybe taking rest they play on and then miss time.

I still think 72 is a heck of a mountain to climb and my guess is they are not aiming there at all. If they get to 63+ wins with 10 games to go then it's in range, and maybe they try to have a finishing kick, but I don't think it's any kind of target for the players or coaches now.
100% disagree there. Every game the Bulls played with the rejuvenated MJ was an event. The league knew that with a summer of basketball back under his belt and coming off of a playoff defeat, that MJ was going to have more fire than ever. And he did.

likemystylez
11-24-2015, 04:24 PM

teams win titles every single year. Winning 73 games would be more remembered than a title. Having said that, winning 73 games and failing to win the title would also be remembered as a disaster!!!!

But the odds of being able to win 73 games and then in the playoffs any team being able to cause you to lose 4 of 7 games seems far fetched as well

Scoots
11-24-2015, 04:32 PM
teams win titles every single year. Winning 73 games would be more remembered than a title. Having said that, winning 73 games and failing to win the title would also be remembered as a disaster!!!!

But the odds of being able to win 73 games and then in the playoffs any team being able to cause you to lose 4 of 7 games seems far fetched as well

73 wins and a lost title is a losing season and they would be remembered as that team that couldn't finish. Much like the Patriots didn't have a perfect season because even though they didn't lose during the regular season they didn't win Lombardi.

According to you every team that wins more than 70 games wins the title so they won't even need to play the playoffs if they get to 73, the title will just be awarded to them for sheer excellence! :)

phantasyyy
11-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Still a long ways away until the end of the season, but I read an article about Curry wanting that 33 game win streak record as well.. Taking a look at their schedule: 15-0 - now

Lakers, Suns, Kings, Jazz, Hornets, Nets, Pacers, Celtics, Bucks, Suns, Bucks, Jazz - 12 games against mediocre to bad teams should be all W's if they play their game and not up to their talent.

Which puts them at 27-0

Then the real test against the Cavs on Christmas Day - maybe they'll be at full strength??-Kyrie probably still out. - but assuming they get passed the Cavs they're looking at (28-0):

Kings, Mavs, Rox, Nuggets, Hornets, Lakers - The Lakers once again to break the record haha, oh the irony. Tough games against the Mavs/Rox but all winnable..

34-0 now that would be a treat.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 04:36 PM
100% disagree there. Every game the Bulls played with the rejuvenated MJ was an event. The league knew that with a summer of basketball back under his belt and coming off of a playoff defeat, that MJ was going to have more fire than ever. And he did.

I was fortunate enough to see that team play the Warriors and to me it seemed VERY different. The other players, the NBA, and the fans were celebrating Jordan's return. I remember seeing players smiling and and greeting him warmly and the excitement in the Warriors crowd at getting to see him play again, but there were a lot of questions about whether they would be able to recapture their glory. I don't think they were the target then that the Warriors are now. It's just a different thing.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 04:43 PM
I was fortunate enough to see that team play the Warriors and to me it seemed VERY different. The other players, the NBA, and the fans were celebrating Jordan's return. I remember seeing players smiling and and greeting him warmly and the excitement in the Warriors crowd at getting to see him play again, but there were a lot of questions about whether they would be able to recapture their glory. I don't think they were the target then that the Warriors are now. It's just a different thing.

I did as well. We were prob at the same game, that's awesome.

And OK I see what you're saying in the sense that the Warriors are targeted more as a "team to beat", but the Bulls games were a true "event" and I don't say that lightly. That night in Oracle as well as any time I watched them on NBA on NBC, etc, it was like we were watching an NBA Finals game. There may have been a more "welcome back" atmosphere at the onset, but MJ was out for murder, and the opposition knew that. Nobody took them lightly, but it didn't really matter. I remember more than a few games that year that the score would indicate a loss coming, but you knew (KNEW) Jordan was about to go crazy on both ends for the win. And he did. Every time. That "knowing" is actually the lasting feeling I have from watching Jordan. Very unique to his dominance; something that hasn't fully been replicated in the game since (Bird + Magic's peak were just before my fandom started so I don't know if they also had this X factor. I know Olajuwon, Shaq, Lebron and Duncan did not for me).

Scoots
11-24-2015, 05:37 PM
I did as well. We were prob at the same game, that's awesome.

And OK I see what you're saying in the sense that the Warriors are targeted more as a "team to beat", but the Bulls games were a true "event" and I don't say that lightly. That night in Oracle as well as any time I watched them on NBA on NBC, etc, it was like we were watching an NBA Finals game. There may have been a more "welcome back" atmosphere at the onset, but MJ was out for murder, and the opposition knew that. Nobody took them lightly, but it didn't really matter. I remember more than a few games that year that the score would indicate a loss coming, but you knew (KNEW) Jordan was about to go crazy on both ends for the win. And he did. Every time. That "knowing" is actually the lasting feeling I have from watching Jordan. Very unique to his dominance; something that hasn't fully been replicated in the game since (Bird + Magic's peak were just before my fandom started so I don't know if they also had this X factor. I know Olajuwon, Shaq, Lebron and Duncan did not for me).

Cool. I also remember that Jordan was taking it easy for stretches of games and of the schedule it seemed. He'd log the minutes, but he would just pass the ball on and not go full speed on offense, then in the 4th quarter he'd turn the close game into a walk down the stretch. Unfortunately he did that to the Warriors it seemed most of the time in those 2nd 3 title years.

Did you know that attendance at NBA games dropped around 15% when he retired and went up closer to 20% when he returned (or something like that ... I'm using my actual memory of 20 years ago). I remember thinking that even with his, for then, huge salary was not enough.

LakersIn5
11-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Too early to predict. But we have as good a shot as any. However, I don't think we pull it off.

You own the warriors or by any means part of the organization? Nice can you put me in?

Gander13SM
11-24-2015, 06:10 PM
I think Kobe drops 84 tonight and kills the Warriors dreams.

PraiseJesus
11-24-2015, 06:12 PM
GSW win by 25 tonight

likemystylez
11-24-2015, 06:14 PM
I think Kobe drops 84 tonight and kills the Warriors dreams.

it would take that for the lakers to stay in the game with the warriors

Gander13SM
11-24-2015, 06:21 PM
it would take that for the lakers to stay in the game with the warriors

Stranger things have happened. It wasn't that long ago Warriors were beating contenders and playing down to garbage teams haha.

Kobe goes Kobe and takes at least 30 shots tonight, how many he makes... is in the hands of the basketball gods.

TrueFan420
11-24-2015, 06:55 PM
You own the warriors or by any means part of the organization? Nice can you put me in?

Yes I own the Warriors and no I won't put you in... We don't take bandwagon lakers fans.

Phantom Dreamer
11-24-2015, 06:59 PM
to put it into perspective. The bulls won 72 games in a conference where only 3 teams had 50 wins or more. There is a good chance the warriors will be competing in a conference with atleast 6 50 win teams. (Last year there were 7). If the warriors win 70 it will be more impressive than the bulls 72. if the warriors only had 2 teams in their conference capable of winning 50 games- theyd win like 75 games easilyThe 1995-96 Bulls were 25-3 vs the Western Conference that season, a 73-9 pace.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 07:17 PM
More accurate statement is definitely that the only chance the Lakers have is if Kobe sits. There is no more detrimental player to their team in the NBA, and there's no close 2nd.

BKLYNpigeon
11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Still a long ways away until the end of the season, but I read an article about Curry wanting that 33 game win streak record as well.. Taking a look at their schedule: 15-0 - now

Lakers, Suns, Kings, Jazz, Hornets, Nets, Pacers, Celtics, Bucks, Suns, Bucks, Jazz - 12 games against mediocre to bad teams should be all W's if they play their game and not up to their talent.

Which puts them at 27-0

Then the real test against the Cavs on Christmas Day - maybe they'll be at full strength??-Kyrie probably still out. - but assuming they get passed the Cavs they're looking at (28-0):

Kings, Mavs, Rox, Nuggets, Hornets, Lakers - The Lakers once again to break the record haha, oh the irony. Tough games against the Mavs/Rox but all winnable..

34-0 now that would be a treat.

I don't know why they do this, but they also count the games they won in a row last season too.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 07:28 PM
The 1995-96 Bulls were 25-3 vs the Western Conference that season, a 73-9 pace.

Rare to see a point so thoroughly made in a single sentence.

Another favor to the Bulls is the 2 expansion teams they got to face.

likemystylez
11-24-2015, 07:52 PM

I dont think either the west or the east had as strong of a conference as todays nba. although a lot of the west is off to bumpy starts... LOl which might help the warriors get to the 70 win mark

Vinylman
11-24-2015, 07:53 PM

don't destroy his narrative with facts

As for GS... i doubt it happens because it is virtually impossible for all of their top 4 guys to stay healthy all year

Enjoy the regular season because the post season will be different this year.

Vinylman
11-24-2015, 07:57 PM
More accurate statement is definitely that the only chance the Lakers have is if Kobe sits. There is no more detrimental player to their team in the NBA, and there's no close 2nd.

while i think kobe is playing terrible and generally can get on board with this comment it is important to note that the only 2 games the Lakers have won this year kobe played in.

phantasyyy
11-24-2015, 08:17 PM

One of the expansion teams(The Raptors) handed them one of their 10 losses :clap::clap:

It has been etched in our history books as one of the greatest moments of our 20 year existence :D

jerellh528
11-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Everyone is going to tune in tonight to see if they can break the record in a heavyweight bout against the lakers. I got the lakers in this one, but wouldn't be surprised to see gs escape with a victory and new record holders.

tredigs
11-24-2015, 09:12 PM
while i think kobe is playing terrible and generally can get on board with this comment it is important to note that the only 2 games the Lakers have won this year kobe played in.

Lol yeah, they were able to win despite Kobe's best attempts at causing otherwise versus Brooklyn, and he even had a half-decent game against the Pistons in that win.

I do concede that the Lakers are capable of winning a few games this year even if Kobe is on the court, so there is that.

jerellh528
11-24-2015, 09:39 PM

They had a better win % with Kobe last year also than without him. It's weird, despite the horrid stats it seems like the best chance to win is with him on the floor. Leadership? I dunno. A guy to rally around?

tredigs
11-24-2015, 10:28 PM
They had a better win % with Kobe last year also than without him. It's weird, despite the horrid stats it seems like the best chance to win is with him on the floor. Leadership? I dunno. A guy to rally around?

Could be the extra depth they lose when he's out, or just what teams they were playing or how the Lakers simply struggled to adjust as a team after having him and his super high usage there to start the year, but not to finish. Their Offensive rating was slightly better when he was off the floor, and the opponents offensive rating was way better when he was on the floor. But you're right, they went 10-25 with him playing which was better than without.

Worth noting that as bad as he played last year, he's been significantly worse so far this year. I do think he is in fact the most detrimental player in the NBA to a teams success. Which ironically is the best case scenario for the Lakers being that they lose the pick if it isn't top 3.

WOwolfOL
11-24-2015, 10:50 PM
I always wonder why people think its a choice. Every team that's won north of 70 games during the reg season has won the championship. You can do both. Infact history would show that the more games you win, the more likely you are to win it all.

why not shoot for both?

The worse case scenario would be resting guys the last couple weeks of the season then a key player hurting themselves in the first round of the playoffs. That way they screw themselves on both fronts

Wouldn't that be... 1 team?

WOwolfOL
11-24-2015, 10:56 PM

Honestly those Raptors and Grizzlies were probably better than this year's Sixers and Lakers.

likemystylez
11-25-2015, 12:45 AM
Wouldn't that be... 1 team?

yep... and of teams that have won fewer than 70 games... less than 5% have won the championship

FlashBolt
11-25-2015, 01:37 AM
yep... and of teams that have won fewer than 70 games... less than 5% have won the championship

You just proved his point... one team = incredibly short sample size.

Scoots
11-25-2015, 02:34 AM

Literally 98.5% of NBA titles are won by teams with fewer than 70 wins.

basch152
11-25-2015, 02:50 AM
100% of nba champions won less than 73 games in the regular season.

Obviously winning that 73rd game ruins your chance at winning a championship.

FlashBolt
11-25-2015, 02:54 AM
100% of nba champions won less than 73 games in the regular season.

Obviously winning that 73rd game ruins your chance at winning a championship.

Checkmate

Scoots
11-25-2015, 02:58 AM
Thread title needs to be updated.

likemystylez
11-25-2015, 11:07 AM
You just proved his point... one team = incredibly short sample size.

yes, but I then supplemented it with the opposing sample size which is over 1,000 teams and less than 5% winning the championship

Scoots
11-25-2015, 12:26 PM
yes, but I then supplemented it with the opposing sample size which is over 1,000 teams and less than 5% winning the championship

Every team that started 15-0 in odd numbered decades in the modern NBA won the title so the Warriors are already covered and have the title locked up.

likemystylez
11-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Every team that started 15-0 in odd numbered decades in the modern NBA won the title so the Warriors are already covered and have the title locked up.

sounds just as ridiculous as people who imply that if they win 70 games they are giving away any chance of winning the championship.... or somehow making a championship super unlikely. If your capable of winning 70+ games, then Id feel more comfortable saying you are capable of winning a championship... not less.

and BTW- its been done with much older players with less medical advancements. yes its been done once, but that's all we need to prove its possible.

Scoots
11-25-2015, 03:05 PM
sounds just as ridiculous as people who imply that if they win 70 games they are a lock to win the title

There, fixed it so it matches your stated position.

likemystylez
11-25-2015, 03:22 PM
I don't think winning 70 games makes them a lock to win it all- I just don't see anything that makes me think it makes a title less likely, yet people seem to act like they will be forced to pick between the 2.

jason
11-25-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't think winning 70 games makes them a lock to win it all- I just don't see anything that makes me think it makes a title less likely, yet people seem to act like they will be forced to pick between the 2.

I agree with this. I could see the Warriors win 70 games and still get their rest. They did it last year and still won 67 games

lamzoka
11-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Thread title needs to be updated.

Nah I think we should leave it like this. That way we'll always know the thread was made when they were 15-0.

Scoots
11-25-2015, 03:41 PM

You made the point several times that 100% of teams that win more than 70 games win the title.

I am merely combating your stupid stat with other stupid stats.

You are just against rest. And it's possible to win 70 games and get rest too. Nobody is arguing that 70 wins makes a title impossible, merely that rest will be needed and that rest may result in some losses.

BKLYNpigeon
11-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Winning 70+ games doesn't make you more fatigued or hamper your chances of winning a Championship.

The Warriors aren't playing any extended minutes this season. The Warriors are also blowing out teams by big margins so they're resting a lot of 4th quarters. Everyone is closely monitored with sensors so they're not over exerting themselves.

aman_13
11-25-2015, 04:12 PM
I don't see why they can't. It will be difficult but they have the talent to pull it off.

BKLYNpigeon
11-25-2015, 04:28 PM
The Warriors should go of this record and smash it.

This might be the last year this whole team is together.

Scoots
11-25-2015, 04:41 PM
“The 72-win thing is far, far away, and we shouldn’t be spending any time thinking about that,” Walton said. “We will not be coaching this season to chase that record. We are still going to give players nights off during back-to-backs and we are going to do our best to limit minutes for some of our players. Our main concern is being healthy come playoff time.”

CAN they win 70+? No doubt. WILL they? I have doubts.

Gander13SM
11-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Winning 70+ games doesn't make you more fatigued or hamper your chances of winning a Championship.

The Warriors aren't playing any extended minutes this season. The Warriors are also blowing out teams by big margins so they're resting a lot of 4th quarters. Everyone is closely monitored with sensors so they're not over exerting themselves.

This is something I'm surprised people aren't talking about more. I read a little about the technology they used last year to help monitor the players minutes/fatigue and it came across as cutting edge stuff. I know a few other teams already use it to an extent I'm intrigued to see how many others follow suit.

lol, please
11-26-2015, 07:47 PM
And some people still think Kobe is a great player and want to see him play and play that way. I don't understand the shame in acknowledging that he WAS a great player.
:clap:

prodigy
11-27-2015, 04:54 AM
I don't think they're destroying themselves. This team is ludicrously deep. Curry is playing less minutes than Harden and LeBron. Which only makes what he's been doing even more impressive. Essentially, they can theoretically get to 68-70 wins with their reigning MVP and franchise player averaging about 34 minutes per game (a little less than he is now). But it's all about staying healthy. Which is why I expect guys to take turn resting, especially guys like Iguodala, Bogut, Barbosa etc because they all have younger players at their position that can fill in for one game (Barnes, Ezeli, Clark).

If they're playing a scrub team like Philly and decide to rest Bogut and start Ezeli, this team isn't going to miss a beat. Then if they're playing Brooklyn and they rest Iguodala, using Rush off the bench, they'll be fine.

If any of these guys miss big time it would be an issue. But getting a game or 2 off will only benefit Warriors in the long run, I expect this to start happening around the all star break.

Lebron is missing 5 key players do to injury lol. those minute's will come down.

I watch golden state every time they are on national TV. Curry is everywhere on that court. I do hope he calms down a little so he's healthy for post season. He just seems to be on a mission to put up insane numbers. Which I don't think is needed at all. That could end bad.

Gander13SM
11-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Lebron is missing 5 key players do to injury lol. those minute's will come down.

I watch golden state every time they are on national TV. Curry is everywhere on that court. I do hope he calms down a little so he's healthy for post season. He just seems to be on a mission to put up insane numbers. Which I don't think is needed at all. That could end bad.

The minutes Steph is playing aren't that big. That's what I'm saying. He's outperforming everyone while playing less minutes than the majority of the other stars. It's madness.

likemystylez
11-27-2015, 11:46 AM

not sure curry cares about his numbers at all. his numbers look really good this season mainly because of efficiency being at a ridiculous level. If you mean he seems to be on a mission to be as efficient as possible- I think all pro players should share that mission and there shouldnt be concern with it.

lol, please
11-27-2015, 03:55 PM
55 and 12 is still very difficult to do the rest of the way. http://computerstalk.com/red/images/76.gifhttp://computerstalk.com/red/images/41.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/40.gif

16-0 is very difficult and they made it look easy. At this point you should expect the unexpected from the Warriors.

asandhu23
11-27-2015, 04:01 PM
As a Warriors fan, I would love to see them try to break Jordan's record but realistically, i don't think that should be their goal.

effen5
11-28-2015, 05:34 AM
16-0 is very difficult and they made it look easy. At this point you should expect the unexpected from the Warriors.

I've seen teams go on longer streaks 25+ games and not beat the record.

Meth
11-28-2015, 06:14 AM
One of the key reasons why the Warriors won it all last season was largely due to their health. I'd rather have them enter the post season as healthy as last season, as getting through the West is brutal already. Their start is incredible and a true testament to their dominance, and I do realize that they have been blowing most teams out through three quarters. But at some point, repeating again should be a greater priority than chasing records. But then again, if the record is attainable and up for grabs, then by all means do it.

BKLYNpigeon
11-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Also won 72 games that year and are the only team to pass 70. But I think Golden State wins 69+ games this year so I'll vote yes as long as Steph stays healthy. http://computerstalk.com/red/images/42.gifhttp://computerstalk.com/red/images/40.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/41.gif

So the Warriors are way better then they were last season, and you think they only improve by 2 games and win 69?

likemystylez
11-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Ummm he said hed vote yes? and saw 69 wins as a floor, not so much a prediction

effen5
11-28-2015, 11:33 AM
So the Warriors are way better then they were last season, and you think they only improve by 2 games and win 69?

Honestly if you think about it, thats a huge improvement....going from 67 wins to 69 is no joke....it's not like going from 25 wins to 45 wins....

likemystylez
11-28-2015, 11:34 AM
I've seen teams go on longer streaks 25+ games and not beat the record.

warriors are technically at 22 right now. dating back to the final 5 games of last season (those are in play in these streaks)

likemystylez
11-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Honestly if you think about it, thats a huge improvement....going from 67 wins to 69 is no joke....it's not like going from 25 wins to 45 wins....

LOl its two wins. warriors coulda won 70 last yr if kerr didnt rest guys who werent in need of it.

tredigs
11-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Well, their core was in fact really healthy last season outside of their bigs (and not Draymond, who's the most important big). We already saw Barnes go down last night (not sure what's happening with that), but if he misses time than that takes away our best rotational advantage this year both as him in the starting lineup with Iggy on the bench, and their "death lineup". That will make a difference.

Plus, once you get over 65 wins or so you're starting to get in the range where you have to win a lot of the b2b's and road streak wins that a lot of squads just consider "schedule losses" and Walton has already come out and said that he'll be sitting players on those days in the 2nd half (so will Kerr, if it's him). Long story short, just because the team looks better, does not mean they'll win more games. Very little margin for error.

That all said, I do think they win 70.

lamzoka
11-28-2015, 12:38 PM
All I know is there next 10 games are winnable. After that they face the cavs on xmas day. If they survive that game. They will crush every record that's on the books as far as W, L and streaks. Go look at their schedule.

effen5
11-28-2015, 12:50 PM
LOl its two wins. warriors coulda won 70 last yr if kerr didnt rest guys who werent in need of it.

2 wins is a lot more difficult when you're winning 82% of your games.

giantspwn
11-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Well, their core was in fact really healthy last season outside of their bigs (and not Draymond, who's the most important big). We already saw Barnes go down last night (not sure what's happening with that), but if he misses time than that takes away our best rotational advantage this year both as him in the starting lineup with Iggy on the bench, and their "death lineup". That will make a difference.

Plus, once you get over 65 wins or so you're starting to get in the range where you have to win a lot of the b2b's and road streak wins that a lot of squads just consider "schedule losses" and Walton has already come out and said that he'll be sitting players on those days in the 2nd half (so will Kerr, if it's him). Long story short, just because the team looks better, does not mean they'll win more games. Very little margin for error.

That all said, I do think they win 70.

This.

And I think he's going to be done at least a month, if I read correctly.

Gander13SM
11-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Barnes injury is going to have a big impact. More than people realise. He's the true back up PF. They can't put anyone else there as backup without giving up size or the Warriors scheme with mismatches. Curious to see of they try extending Dre. Not sure it's wise though. Expecting them to keep Dre on the bench, start Rush.

likemystylez
11-28-2015, 03:12 PM
2 wins is a lot more difficult when you're winning 82% of your games.

not when you left 3 or 4 on the table last year, and the conference has gotten weaker

prodigy
11-29-2015, 03:21 AM
not sure curry cares about his numbers at all.

stop...

Gander13SM
11-29-2015, 03:41 AM
Klay is having such a slow start. If they get him going. Forget about it.

Utah/Charlotte/Boston/Toronto... one of these four will beat them on the road.

likemystylez
11-29-2015, 11:33 AM
stop...

LOL if steph cared about his numbers hed prob play the 4th quarter once in a while. he just wants to win. LOl the fact that he is incredibly efficient and that translates to numbers- doesnt mean that he is just going after numbers

Jeffy25
11-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Curry is on pace to destroy the three pointers made in a season record

Which he has broken twice already

Raps18-19 Champ
11-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Yes but I can easily see them resting guys the end of the year that will make them fall short of 70 to be fresh for the playoffs. .

prodigy
11-30-2015, 02:56 AM
LOL if steph cared about his numbers hed prob play the 4th quarter once in a while. he just wants to win. LOl the fact that he is incredibly efficient and that translates to numbers- doesnt mean that he is just going after numbers

stop... no coach in their right mind would play a superstar in the 4th during a blowout. that's called fired. lol

He could pass more and they would still win. But he chooses to shoot 100 3's a game.

Scoots
11-30-2015, 12:39 PM
stop... no coach in their right mind would play a superstar in the 4th during a blowout. that's called fired. lol

He could pass more and they would still win. But he chooses to shoot 100 3's a game.

If he cares about efficiency he should shoot MORE 3s a game. So, I guess you are right, Curry does care about numbers ... his teammates numbers. He knows that if he shoots too often it will have a knock on effect on the rest of the team so he holds back from doing what he should do based on efficient ball. I've heard analysts say he should be taking 15 3s a game.

tredigs
11-30-2015, 12:51 PM

Your analysis is legendary. Keep up the great work, you prodigy you.

prodigy
12-03-2015, 02:15 AM
Your analysis is legendary. Keep up the great work, you prodigy you.

Thanks lol. but what do you disagree with? I mean this is a debate forum let me know. I can def change my mind about things. Someone said Curry don't care about his numbers. Every player other then maybe tim Duncan does. Even Lebron is given a stat sheet at half time and end of every game.

Coaches do not play superstars during blowouts. fact.

Not sure where I'm wrong on anything. But I will def listen to anything u gotta say.

tredigs
12-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks lol. but what do you disagree with? I mean this is a debate forum let me know. I can def change my mind about things. Someone said Curry don't care about his numbers. Every player other then maybe tim Duncan does. Even Lebron is given a stat sheet at half time and end of every game.

Coaches do not play superstars during blowouts. fact.

Not sure where I'm wrong on anything. But I will def listen to anything u gotta say.

Well, there was not much substance to your comment really, was there? I guess you were saying, "if he didn't care about numbers he'd pass more". He shoots a lot, sure, but he also passes a ton and has other players bringing up the ball and starting the offense themselves quite a bit (Iggy/Draymond/Livingston primarily). He leads the league in PPG, but he also leads the league in eFG%/TS%/PPP. IE: the team is at its best with him shooting. You could easily argue that it would be selfish of him to shoot less, because that would be to the teams detriment. He put up 40 tonight in 3 quarters on 18 field goal attempts. 28 points in the 3rd quarter alone on 10-11 from the field. Lol, I mean, that's a player who a coach demands shoots the ball more. And that's what he's doing this year.

nastynice
12-03-2015, 03:03 AM

lol, what?? 46% 3pt, 52% fg, the guy BETTER BE shooting 100 times a game!!

He passes plenty btw, doesn't he lead the league in hockey assists (meaning he assisted the player that assisted the basket)?

tredigs
12-03-2015, 03:12 AM
They actually do track "passes per game" and he has the 14th highest average of all players. Above CP3, Westbrook, Dragic, Tony Parker, Harden, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, Lebron and... 400 other players. He's giving the ball up just fine. I really don't think selfishness is a concern of anyone watching them or playing with him.

prodigy
12-03-2015, 04:22 AM
Well, there was not much substance to your comment really, was there? I guess you were saying, "if he didn't care about numbers he'd pass more". He shoots a lot, sure, but he also passes a ton and has other players bringing up the ball and starting the offense themselves quite a bit (Iggy/Draymond/Livingston primarily). He leads the league in PPG, but he also leads the league in eFG%/TS%/PPP. IE: the team is at its best with him shooting. You could easily argue that it would be selfish of him to shoot less, because that would be to the teams detriment. He put up 40 tonight in 3 quarters on 18 field goal attempts. 28 points in the 3rd quarter alone on 10-11 from the field. Lol, I mean, that's a player who a coach demands shoots the ball more. And that's what he's doing this year.

He's elite, great ball player when did I say otherwise? He's best shooter in history of the game. The question was does he care about his stats u said no. I said he def does. What player doesn't lol, he wants to go down as the best ever. He's on his way.

prodigy
12-03-2015, 04:25 AM
lol, what?? 46% 3pt, 52% fg, the guy BETTER BE shooting 100 times a game!!

He passes plenty btw, doesn't he lead the league in hockey assists (meaning he assisted the player that assisted the basket)?

why do you guys ignore what the Question was? I said he could shoot less and they would still dominate most teams. Which they would. I never season he shouldn't ever shoot lmao! they need him to to score and put up huge numbers.

prodigy
12-03-2015, 04:26 AM
why do you guys ignore what the Question was? I said he could shoot less and they would still dominate most teams. Which they would. I never season he shouldn't ever shoot lmao! they need him to to score and put up huge numbers to win a ship. But in regular season he could calm down alittle and they would be fine.

tredigs
12-03-2015, 05:20 AM
I didn't say he did not care about stats, that was another poster. I know for a fact he cares (he takes an open interest in efficiency stats), but probably less so about volume scoring than you might imagine. He might care a little more about scoring at this exact time only because he's leading in ppg, but it's just super rare that the shots he takes feel selfish (even though plenty seem ridiculous, I think we've gotten past putting boundaries on what he can do).

I see no reason why he should calm down. Before he truly went off tonight, they had called the timeout after the Hornets cut it to single digits. I'm looking at the rundown: From 4:50 to go in the third he took 8 shots (rest of the Warriors took 3 that they missed), he made all 8 (5 threes) and scored 21 points. Ended the quarter up 21 and that was the ball game. He ended it, sat the 4th along with most of the other starters and they move on to the next one, healthy/rested and ready to go. If he doesn't do that, they're still grinding away and fighting for the win in the 4th, all getting less rest in the middle of a road trip in the process.

I'm pretty tired but hope that rundown makes sense as to why his scoring is such a valuable weapon for the whole team in winning games/staying rested.

Scoots
12-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I think when most people say "he cares about stats" that the player is putting his box score numbers above the team's goals. I don't think Curry cares about his stats in that way at all. Curry is absolutely aware of his efficiency and the team's record.

Sly Guy
12-03-2015, 01:06 PM
this guy should not stop shooting. Anyone shooting over 50% from the floor isn't getting ENOUGH shots. Considering teams are shooting under 50% from the field on average, he's helping his team by shooting more. Yeah, the point guard is supposed to pass and set up plays for his teammates, but curry is doing more than enough by making shots to make up for that. And I have yet to see curry be an unwilling passer, it's just that he believes he can make the shots himself, and the stats he's putting up back up that belief.

And last night? My god, 14/18 & 8/11 from 3, for 40 points in 3q's of action? My god, just keep shooting.

Scoots
12-03-2015, 01:53 PM
The Warriors are leading the NBA in points per shot at 1.34. Curry last night 2.22. Yikes.

For some perspective: The Clippers are 2nd at 1.26 with the Nets last at 1.11, so a .15 difference from the best to the worst in the NBA. Curry was a full point per shot higher. He needs to shoot more.

Sure, it was just one game, but the majority of the most efficient PPS games in the NBA the last two seasons are Curry's.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2015, 02:29 PM
They beat the Bulls 72, barring any injuries to Curry. They are wiping the floor with teams, and Curry is on another level.

Gagan136
12-03-2015, 02:39 PM
I do not see this team going 49-13 the rest of the way. 54-8 seems attainable lol, 74-8 would be uncomprehensible.

Scoots
12-03-2015, 04:16 PM
If the Warriors play the rest of the season at the pace the Spurs have been playing so far they will end up with 72 wins. I don't know how they will lose more ... but after 1/4 of the season the Warriors have a 4.5 game lead on the field ... I think they take their foot off the pedal well before the all-star break. Last year Kerr carefully constructed mind games about them being "tired" and "worn down" in the weeks before the ASG so they would come out refreshed for the stretch. If they are up by double digit games before the ASG they around going to start using every excuse for players to miss games.

prodigy
12-04-2015, 02:44 AM
I didn't say he did not care about stats, that was another poster. I know for a fact he cares (he takes an open interest in efficiency stats), but probably less so about volume scoring than you might imagine. He might care a little more about scoring at this exact time only because he's leading in ppg, but it's just super rare that the shots he takes feel selfish (even though plenty seem ridiculous, I think we've gotten past putting boundaries on what he can do).

I see no reason why he should calm down. Before he truly went off tonight, they had called the timeout after the Hornets cut it to single digits. I'm looking at the rundown: From 4:50 to go in the third he took 8 shots (rest of the Warriors took 3 that they missed), he made all 8 (5 threes) and scored 21 points. Ended the quarter up 21 and that was the ball game. He ended it, sat the 4th along with most of the other starters and they move on to the next one, healthy/rested and ready to go. If he doesn't do that, they're still grinding away and fighting for the win in the 4th, all getting less rest in the middle of a road trip in the process.

I'm pretty tired but hope that rundown makes sense as to why his scoring is such a valuable weapon for the whole team in winning games/staying rested.

I never called Curry a ball hog. I don't think he is at all. not even close. I said Curry needs to calm down because

1. the warriors are so freaking elite right now.

2. even though he sits out most 4th Q's he still works hard for his shots. He's a hard worker and moves a lot. anytime ur on that court there's an injury risk. So when u and the team are playing so great I feel like he can step back a little maybe avg 8-10 assist instead of 5 while still getting an easy 25+pts.

If you disagree that's cool. That's just how I feel. I can't wait for the Cavs to get healthy so Lebron can rest more.

Scoots
12-04-2015, 11:42 AM
I never called Curry a ball hog. I don't think he is at all. not even close. I said Curry needs to calm down because

2. even though he sits out most 4th Q's he still works hard for his shots. He's a hard worker and moves a lot. anytime ur on that court there's an injury risk. So when u and the team are playing so great I feel like he can step back a little maybe avg 8-10 assist instead of 5 while still getting an easy 25+pts.

If you disagree that's cool. That's just how I feel. I can't wait for the Cavs to get healthy so Lebron can rest more.

I'm not disagreeing for the most part ... but it's surprising how little Curry works for some of his shots. He walks across mid-court standing upright and relaxed, then bounces into his shot. Look how much Harden works for his shot in comparison and Curry is an economy of motion.

tredigs
12-04-2015, 08:39 PM

I'm not really sure why you think a pass is any easier on him to be honest. Many of his assist passes occur when he's double or triple teamed (or Draymond gets the assist via his hockey assist from a double team... he does lead the league in hockey assists by a wide margin). Most of his points happen when he's able to shake his man and/or the double team, or off putback kick-outs (where the D finally loses him), or in transition. If he just passes when without drawing 2+ defenders first, the teammates ability to score is greatly decreased. Both take effort.

Regardless, he's sat 10 of the 20 4th quarters this year and isn't top 25 in minutes played. No player has ever won MVP playing less minutes than he did last year. Plus, he's in his physical peak. Rest wise, I don't worry about him at all. I do understand your concern for 'Bron though, I'd be concerned about him too, tbh.

nastynice
12-04-2015, 09:40 PM
why do you guys ignore what the Question was? I said he could shoot less and they would still dominate most teams. Which they would. I never season he shouldn't ever shoot lmao! they need him to to score and put up huge numbers.

what's ur point then? wtf of a stupid comment is that? OBVIOUSLY he can shoot less and they'll still dominate. He can also pass less and they'll still dominate. He can rebound less and they'll still dominate. He can play defense less and they'll still dominate. He can play less minutes and they'll still dominate. Their winning by freakin 20 pts a night, he can do EVERYTHING less and they'll still dominate. So what of it? He's greedy because they're winning by too much? lol, well, that's certainly a new one!

nastynice
12-04-2015, 09:41 PM

LAST thing I want him to do is develop the mentality of purposely bringing his game down a level. just imo

prodigy
12-05-2015, 03:49 AM
ya scoring 25-27 a night instead of 33+ will screw Curry up and prob make him horrible lol.

Really no need for insults we are all adults. I figure Warriors, Cavs, spurs etc... are all making the playoffs right? so I could careless what ur record is. If Cavs were healthy and 20-0 I would want Lebron to take an easy. Save it for the playoffs. I'm not saying Curry is gassing himself every night of course he's not. But When he's on the floor curry makes it a purpose to score a lot. If I was a warriors fan I would hate to see an injury happen because he's trying to get 33 pts in a 20pt blowout in the 3rd Q. Pretty much what I'm saying.

If people disagree cool its a debate forum.

basch152
12-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Couldn't. You COULDN'T care less.

Munkeysuit
12-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Injuries

lamzoka
12-05-2015, 08:49 PM
21-0 now
We out here talking about 70 wins. **** around and watch this team go 82-0 follow by a 16-0 playoffs run.

TrueFan420
12-05-2015, 09:03 PM
21-0 now
We out here talking about 70 wins. **** around and watch this team go 82-0 follow by a 16-0 playoffs run.

If only but we will never see that

lamzoka
12-05-2015, 09:19 PM

I know that's never gonna happen, but anyway their next game is against the sucky suck bk nets. I'm expecting them to win this game by at least 30. If they survive the pacers, they will be undefeated till at least xmas day vs the cavs.

TrueFan420
12-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I know that's never gonna happen, but anyway their next game is against the sucky suck bk nets. I'm expecting them to win this game by at least 30. If they survive the pacers, they will be undefeated till at least xmas day vs the cavs.
Nets played us closer earlier in the year. Game went to OT. Everyone wants to be the team to be the Warriors and end their streak.

lamzoka
12-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Nets played us closer earlier in the year. Game went to OT. Everyone wants to be the team to be the Warriors and end their streak.

It won't be the Nets. I can tell you that much

lol, please
12-05-2015, 11:12 PM
They beat the Bulls 72, barring any injuries to Curry. They are wiping the floor with teams, and Curry is on another level.
:clap:

YoU AND I both know it can, and will happen!

TrueFan420
12-05-2015, 11:17 PM
YoU AND I both know it can, and will happen!
We will only see that if they give that level of effort that Stylez is always clamoring on about.

prodigy
12-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Couldn't. You COULDN'T care less.

relax men it aint no big deal. lol fix that for me plzzz

prodigy
12-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Irving could be back for that game. gonna be fun Cavs would love to spoil that.

asandhu23
12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Thread title is so last week.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 12:34 PM
33 over 2 seasons vs the Cavs ... if they win that they need to beat the Kings, @Mavs, @Rockets, and Nuggets to get to 33 straight in a single season. After that it's just 40! more wins in the remaining 49 games to beat the Bulls 72 wins. That's insane ... how did the Bulls to that? If the Warriors start 33-0 they STILL have to win nearly 82% of their remaining games to beat that Bulls record ... essentially they have to win like the Spurs have been winning for the rest of the season to beat that record when spotted the first 33 wins ... IF that happens.

Crazy.

valade16
12-08-2015, 01:44 PM
33 over 2 seasons vs the Cavs ... if they win that they need to beat the Kings, @Mavs, @Rockets, and Nuggets to get to 33 straight in a single season. After that it's just 40! more wins in the remaining 49 games to beat the Bulls 72 wins. That's insane ... how did the Bulls to that? If the Warriors start 33-0 they STILL have to win nearly 82% of their remaining games to beat that Bulls record ... essentially they have to win like the Spurs have been winning for the rest of the season to beat that record when spotted the first 33 wins ... IF that happens.

Crazy.

What's crazy is I think they're more likely than not to do it.

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Can they? Most certainly. Should they try and risk an injury to a star? I wouldn't risk it. I don't think resting Steph & Clay, etc, for only 12 games is wise. Gotta keep eyes on the prize. Spurs are 18-4, but their stars are rested. But hey, Spurs defeating a tired and pretentious Warriors team is fine with me.

giantspwn
12-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Can they? Most certainly. Should they try and risk an injury to a star? I wouldn't risk it. I don't think resting Steph & Clay, etc, for only 12 games is wise. Gotta keep eyes on the prize. Spurs are 18-4, but their stars are rested. But hey, Spurs defeating a tired and pretentious Warriors team is fine with me.

I disagree.

Warriors were the most rested team prior to the playoffs last year. Most their star players are already seeing limited too no minutes in the 4th qtr this year. Kerr babied this team in March and he'll do it again. The Warriors are actually in a better position to rest players than the Spurs because of a deeper bench and the ability to go up big on most teams.

I'm guessing the pretentious comment means your one of the people that thought this team was a fluke last year.

@ 23-0 I still don't think they'll get to 72, when this team finally does lose, I think it'll be hard to come back from to match the intensity they have on this winning streak.

Scoots
12-08-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't think they'll do the 72, but I don't think they'll suffer a dip after they lose. The team hasn't lost 3 in a row in 2 years. They regroup very quickly.

IF they win through the Nuggets they will be 33-0 this season and have 49 games left ... and they'll have to win at the same pace as the Spurs have thus far (and this is arguably the Spurs best start to a seaosn) for those 49 games to get to 73 wins. It's just crazy how hard it's going to be.

Last year Kerr started telling his team over an over how tired they were leading up to the all star game in an effort to get them a psychological 2nd half of the season jump start. I suspect they might do that again ... if the players will listen to that message from Walton ... if Kerr isn't back.

likemystylez
12-09-2015, 12:09 AM
72 is doable, there just arent that many games on the schedule that look threatening. as long as they dont play down to their competition to the point where it costs them.... 72 is very doable

likemystylez
12-09-2015, 12:11 AM

a lot of the spurs players are like 10-12 yrs older than the warriors... so its kinda different. Besides, where di resting their players get them last year- bounced in the first round. If your gonna sit guys and keep them fresh for the playoffs- its imperative that you go deep int he playoffs and dont waste those rested games without getting any benefit from them

likemystylez
12-09-2015, 10:16 AM
55 and 12 is still very difficult to do the rest of the way. http://to.ly/X03mhttp://to.ly/X043
http://to.ly/X041

how about 49-10?

chipurmunki
12-09-2015, 10:21 AM
No, because they have 2 things going against them. #1- they're the warriors. They always choked before last season and history says they'll do it again. I highly doubt their style of play us sustainable for success in the long term. #2- their hot steak would be more impressive if they had played more than 3 games against teams with a record above .600. Their schedule has been ridiculously weak. Road games, Curry's glass ankles, and tougher competition will catch up with them and sucker punch them hard.

giantspwn
12-09-2015, 10:59 AM
No, because they have 2 things going against them. #1- they're the warriors. They always choked before last season and history says they'll do it again. I highly doubt their style of play us sustainable for success in the long term. #2- their hot steak would be more impressive if they had played more than 3 games against teams with a record above .600. Their schedule has been ridiculously weak. Road games, Curry's glass ankles, and tougher competition will catch up with them and sucker punch them hard.

:laugh:

effen5
12-09-2015, 11:51 AM
If they go 42-3 like the Bulls did, I think they will and they should absolutely try and break the record.