PDA

View Full Version : Should the Rockets Trade Dwight Howard?

shep33
11-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Still a very good player in my books. But considering possible injury issues and the rise of Clint Capela, do you guys think the Rox should look to trade Howard?

Also consider, that he's an upcoming free agent who will likely demand max money

jerellh528
11-22-2015, 02:34 AM
They are supposed to be contenders this year, even though they look far from it. He's still an okay player, but his value is probably higher for the rockets than what they could possibly get for him at this point.

Saddletramp
11-22-2015, 02:57 AM
They are supposed to be contenders this year, even though they look far from it. He's still an okay player, but his value is probably higher for the rockets than what they could possibly get for him at this point.

Yeah. This. If they could get equal value, then sure. But they can't. He isn't going anywhere and he has a player option for next year. He won't be getting a raise or anywhere near close to $100M over 4 years so he'll opt in.

This is what Houston has. It seems it didn't work out.

WaDe03
11-22-2015, 04:06 AM
He'd be a perfect backup to Whiteside but we would have to give up way too much to get him.

prodigy
11-22-2015, 05:52 AM
He'd be a perfect backup to Whiteside but we would have to give up way too much to get him.

lol

slashsnake
11-22-2015, 07:02 AM
Yeah depends what you get... I'd wait another month, no need to rush, if they aren't back in the mix before the trade deadline, pull the trigger if you can find something.

The problem is I am not sure his value is that good right now, meaning you wouldn't get someone worth the value of your team hitting the FA market at the end of the year.

For example, is it worth it to trade Howard and pick up Jeff Teague on a multiyear contract and maybe a late first round pick, or Kemba Walker.... or let Howard go in the off-season and use his cap space to try and get Andre Drummond or Kevin Durant?

No idea of those two PG's are on long term contracts, if the salaries work, just thinking of a good but not elite player that they'd get in return. Houston has been a pretty good FA draw in the past. I think cap space might be the best thing you could get for Howard.

Ty22Mitchell
11-22-2015, 07:12 AM
(I hate to be that Laker's fan who can't get over a guy leaving the team; but when in Rome) Boy the Lakers sure dodged a bullet there. He hasn't lived up to expectations at all.

Ty22Mitchell
11-22-2015, 07:19 AM
I kind of agree with Jerel at this point. They're in a tough position because he's worth more to them than the market; and they're not very good. If the year ends up being this bad for the full duration of this year, I expect the Rockets to make a couple of large shake up moves to try and jump start the team. They'll probably in the KD sweepstakes this summer, assuming the rumors are true.

slashsnake
11-22-2015, 07:35 AM
(I hate to be that Laker's fan who can't get over a guy leaving the team; but when in Rome) Boy the Lakers sure dodged a bullet there. He hasn't lived up to expectations at all.

Didn't they use the money on Jeremy Lin and Jordan Hill instead? I guess they dodged a bullet, but landed on a trip-mine anyways.

I agree with you though, used to get bashed pretty hard here by Magic fans before he left there when I said so much of his game isn't around talent but physical ability and that may be a bad thing as he ages... Then had to defend how he wasn't as skilled of a player as Shaq...

Scoots
11-22-2015, 01:55 PM
I was never a big fan of Howard but his talent cannot be denied. That said, the way he's been I don't know that I'd trade Festus Ezeli for him right now.

LakersIn5
11-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Id trade hibbert,bass and lou for harden and dwight. Throw in kelly and sacre too for ariza

Scoots
11-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Id trade hibbert,bass and lou for harden and dwight. Throw in kelly and sacre too for ariza

Good lord ... Harden AND Kobe on the same team? The universe will collapse into that black hole. If you managed to add Westbrook it might unwrite history. :)

WaDe03
11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
lol

I'm dead serious lol. Whitesides not on a maintenance plan averages 15-11 and leads the league in blocks with almost 5 a game.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Whiteside over Dwight any day of the week.

Guy is nutz

Scoots
11-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Whiteside over Dwight any day of the week.

Guy is nutz

Both are nutz

TheNumber37
11-22-2015, 04:09 PM
The Rockets already have so much depth, the trade would have to include some of their players or a small swap.

I don't know who could trade Howard straight up for.

I could see him on the Mavs, Raptors or Wizards though

WaDe03
11-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Both are nutz

How? Lol

Ariza's Better
11-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Dwight right now is suited for a team that don't need his best during the season and then unleash him during the playoffs because thats where he plays his best basketball at the moment. A team out east would be good fit for him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Hawks wanted him before. But Howard is regressing and has a player option. So most likely extension would be needed if traded. I wouldn't want him on the next super max. He isn't Superman any more. Mavs? But doubt Rockets wanna trade with state rival. I could see Michael Jordan get desperate. Not sure what the Rockets would want from Hornets though even though they just drafted Frank and have big Al. Maybe go twin towers? I posted a few trades ideas in the Harden thread here.

Bulls? But they got Mirotic on rookie deal. But I could see Bulls wanting another big name either Howard or Melo. Back to the Hawks maybe Teague and some other piece? Maybe Celtics? They have like a million picks and deep roster. It might be time to condense all spare pieces into a bigger contract and name. Maybe David Lee and some other pieces and maybe some kinda pick?

Hard to say but Howards value will plummet. Best to cut bait. Kinda like when Shaq fell off. Man he was passed around to a bunch of teams at the tail end. Was gonna say Suns but they paid Chandler. Pacers? They have a bunch of pieces making like $4M or $5M per. Howard making like $22M. So be like a 4 for 1 deal. Or less Rockets toss in a bunch of end of bench cheapies to equal out roster spots if both rosters full.

Pelicans? Have Davis back at PF. But then again they have Asik and I believe he got extended. So hard to say. Seems like a bunch of teams reloaded with centers. Besides this draft class had a bunch of good centers. So all in all maybe Mavs, Celtics, Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Pelicans, Pacers? Unless a team that just signed a center quits on that idea and tries a new center like Howard. But newly signed free agents have that time line before they can be traded. Forgot which month. Also Warriors are unstoppable so doubt they mess with a good thing. But not sure how much longer Bogut holds up. But they got Ezeli.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Pacers can use him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Pacers can use him.

Yeah I was thinking same thing. Also be another name pair up with George. Cause seems a lot of PSD posters hoping George demands a trade and wants out. Not sure what Rockets would want from Pacers. Most likely George untouchable. Also Howard making like $22M. Stuckey making like $7M. Bunch of other guys making $5M per. So could end up like 4 for 1 trade. Pacers then part with Turner?

numba1CHANGsta
11-22-2015, 06:29 PM
I think Dwight will use his player option, I don't see anyone overpaying for this bum

Ty22Mitchell
11-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Didn't they use the money on Jeremy Lin and Jordan Hill instead? I guess they dodged a bullet, but landed on a trip-mine anyways.

I agree with you though, used to get bashed pretty hard here by Magic fans before he left there when I said so much of his game isn't around talent but physical ability and that may be a bad thing as he ages... Then had to defend how he wasn't as skilled of a player as Shaq...

You're totally right the Laker's situation. They had to wait whole year after he left just to bottom out. They'd be where they are now with or without him.

If that's what you said about Dwight while he played in Orlando, you were right on the money. How can a guy with that much talent and that many resources (Shaq, Kareem, McHale, Dream, etc) spend an entire career as an "almost guy?" When Kareem said, "potential has a shelf life (may be paraphrasing)," it was right on the money.

BHF
11-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Demar and lots and lots of picks for Dwight

FriedTofuz
11-23-2015, 03:47 AM
Demar and lots and lots of picks for Dwight

Demar and the knicks Pick, great Idea.
Before anyone says " but we have Jonas Valancuinas"
As much as I think Jonas can be a 20/12 player if casey plays him more, I prefer a traditional center who plays defense, is athletic, and blocks shots. He also cant be left wide open like biyombo so it would help having a center like him and using Valancuinas Off the bench as a Center or PF or possibly trading him for more Talent.

Raptors really need a stretch 4, I think going after Ryan Anderson would compliment Dwight well. Him or Markeiff Morriss

Lowry
---
Carroll
Anderon
Howard

ryder78c
11-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Plumlee for howard straight up

Chronz
11-23-2015, 11:26 AM
DeAndre Jordan+Austin Rivers+Crawford for Dwight+TJones+Ariza+Beverly+Picks

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 11:32 AM
DeAndre Jordan+Austin Rivers+Crawford for Dwight+TJones+Ariza+Beverly+Picks

Houston probably laughs and hangs up the phone. Rivers and Crawford are terrible. DeAndre is a top 7 center but I'm not sure if he's better than Dwight right now.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Houston probably laughs and hangs up the phone. Rivers and Crawford are terrible. DeAndre is a top 7 center but I'm not sure if he's better than Dwight right now.

No no no ... according to Doc DeAndre is the best center in the NBA! Of course if you listen to Morey Howard is the best center in the NBA :)

(If you listen to Whiteside, he's the only center in the NBA and the best there has ever been :) )

Chronz
11-23-2015, 12:05 PM

You really think so? Howard rarely suits up these days and is definitely the inferior regular season center. Come playoffs, Dwight is a different beast but will the Rox even make it if they dont establish some consistency.

But yeah, those 2 are trash. Doc is killing this team by forcing his son into the rotation.

Stinkyoutsider
11-23-2015, 12:11 PM
I would explore the opportunity to see what you could get for Howard because the partnership between him and Harden just isn't working out like we all imagined. Those 2 at the top of their games should be able to lead a team to the finals imo.

Most important reason for me to trade Howard is a lack of strong mentality between both Howard and Harden. This year, it seems that Harden is solely focused on proving to people that he's the regular season MVP and Howard is believing he's a champion even though the Rockets didn't win a title last year (I remember hearing him talk of being a champion after losing last year).

OKC probably isn't receptive to this but I would really see if they were willing to start with a Howard - Durant trade.

2-ONE-5
11-23-2015, 12:33 PM
lol

beat me to it

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 12:35 PM
No no no ... according to Doc DeAndre is the best center in the NBA! Of course if you listen to Morey Howard is the best center in the NBA :)

(If you listen to Whiteside, he's the only center in the NBA and the best there has ever been :) )

Lol can't argue with any of that.

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 12:39 PM
You really think so? Howard rarely suits up these days and is definitely the inferior regular season center. Come playoffs, Dwight is a different beast but will the Rox even make it if they dont establish some consistency.

But yeah, those 2 are trash. Doc is killing this team by forcing his son into the rotation.

Not sure who id rather have out of those 2 right now to be honest.

Idk if he's done it lately but Doc has definitely killed yall late game a few times with Austin in. Idk why he wouldn't have a shooter or someone in there instead.

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 12:46 PM
beat me to it

Do yall think Howard as of right now is better than Whiteside who averages 15 and 11 averages nearly 5 blocks and leads that category in a wide margin? Also has blocked more shots than half of the teams in the NBA. If so why? Other than his name and who he used to be.

KnicksorBust
11-23-2015, 12:48 PM

Post #2 gets the job done in this thread.

They can't rely on Capela full-time despite his good start. And I can't imagine them getting enough value in a trade to dump him. I also don't think the Rockets are even considering throwing in the towel. They have plenty of time to get hot and get right back in the playoffs. Once they are in, they showed anything can happen.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Do yall think Howard as of right now is better than Whiteside who averages 15 and 11 averages nearly 5 blocks and leads that category in a wide margin? Also has blocked more shots than half of the teams in the NBA. If so why? Other than his name and who he used to be.

I am on record wanting Whiteside for the Warriors back when he was adrift and people were telling me he's a scrub. I knew he was better than what he had shown, but NOBODY knew he'd be doing this. Whiteside is considerably more valuable than Howard now ... that said, my guess is if you put Whiteside on a young losing team he quickly becomes a major problem :) So maybe Howard and Whiteside have even more in common than the position they play and confidence (Howard IS a champion after all).

BHF
11-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Yes.

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Yes.

Based on?

WaDe03
11-23-2015, 02:39 PM
I am on record wanting Whiteside for the Warriors back when he was adrift and people were telling me he's a scrub. I knew he was better than what he had shown, but NOBODY knew he'd be doing this. Whiteside is considerably more valuable than Howard now ... that said, my guess is if you put Whiteside on a young losing team he quickly becomes a major problem :) So maybe Howard and Whiteside have even more in common than the position they play and confidence (Howard IS a champion after all).

Lol has he ever said what he meant by that? Maybe he's just talking about EC champion or maybe he's on the Flakka.

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 02:43 PM
I don't think Houston should even consider trading Howard. They're one piece away from a Big Three and could afford to package picks + Ariza/Beverly + Jones + KJ McDaniels for a star player. If anything, they should trade for Zach Randolph instead. I think if they can get Randolph without giving too much up like I listed, then they can build a stout line with one of the tougher bigs in the league. Randolph isn't soft like Dwight either. I have been saying Zebo is a good fit for the Rockets. He's not a superstar like he once was, but get Zebo, look to the trade deadline to add some good rotating pieces, and you can build another WCF contender.

Scoots
11-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Lol has he ever said what he meant by that? Maybe he's just talking about EC champion or maybe he's on the Flakka.

I think he was trying to say that he doesn't define himself by losing a playoff game ... and he might have been throwing his teammates under the bus since he never does anything wrong in his mind and he was complaining to his teammates a lot down the stretch.

phantasyyy
11-23-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't think Houston should even consider trading Howard. They're one piece away from a Big Three and could afford to package picks + Ariza/Beverly + Jones + KJ McDaniels for a star player. If anything, they should trade for Zach Randolph instead. I think if they can get Randolph without giving too much up like I listed, then they can build a stout line with one of the tougher bigs in the league. Randolph isn't soft like Dwight either. I have been saying Zebo is a good fit for the Rockets. He's not a superstar like he once was, but get Zebo, look to the trade deadline to add some good rotating pieces, and you can build another WCF contender.

Uhh.. Zebo is the heart&soul of the Grizzlies team so im not sure how you can pry him away from Memphis. He is like a lock to retire their assuming he takes a favourable contract after this year. Then again the spacing issues with a Zbo/Howard front court wont be atrocious, especially with the %'s the Houston guards are currently shooting..

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Uhh.. Zebo is the heart&soul of the Grizzlies team so im not sure how you can pry him away from Memphis. He is like a lock to retire their assuming he takes a favourable contract after this year. Then again the spacing issues with a Zbo/Howard front court wont be atrocious, especially with the %'s the Houston guards are currently shooting..

That heart and soul stuff is too sentimental if someone has trade value. He isn't a fit in Memphis these days. The Grizzlies length, hard-nosed game is falling out of pace in the West. GSW, OKC, San Antonio, and LAC are arguably better in a 7 game series, so what's the point of keeping their core the way it is? They need to keep Gasol and Conley, but build a different roster. Vince, Rio, Green, and Lee are example of expendable pieces.

As for Houston, they can play around with their roster after they acquire Zebo. One move will not fix the Rockets for the most part.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-23-2015, 04:54 PM
So Grizzlies go twin towers with Howard and Gasol? ZBO only makes $9.6M. So Grizzlies be forced into trading another big contract to get close to Howards $22.3M. Jeff Green $9.5M probably has to be tossed in as well. But all said and done I rather have ZBO over injury prone Howard. This isn't the same old Howard from the Magic days either. I think old rumor of Joe Johnson to Grizzlies happen way before Howard gets dealt.

Wade n Fade
11-23-2015, 08:00 PM
So Grizzlies go twin towers with Howard and Gasol? ZBO only makes $9.6M. So Grizzlies be forced into trading another big contract to get close to Howards $22.3M. Jeff Green $9.5M probably has to be tossed in as well. But all said and done I rather have ZBO over injury prone Howard. This isn't the same old Howard from the Magic days either. I think old rumor of Joe Johnson to Grizzlies happen way before Howard gets dealt.

I was saying Howard staying put in Houston and Zebo coming to Houston. If I were the Griz FO, I would trade Zebo. Terrence Jones, Montejunas/Capela + picks seem like a fair return package to rebuild around Conley and Gasol.

JasonJohnHorn
11-24-2015, 02:20 AM
They should trade him to the Lakers and then clear cap space so they can sign him back ;-)

Jeffy25
11-24-2015, 02:55 AM

He is one of the best rebounders, defenders, and efficient scorers in the game.

He was hurt last year, but the Lakers would be way better with him than without him (though the course of the Lakers is now different than if you had retained him)

I'll never understand the hate for Dwight. Yeah, he was supposed to be the next Shaq in the league (or whatever) but he's been a very good center in the game, consistently a top 5 center in the game every year.

He was the best player from that draft, deserved to go number 1. He has a somewhat passive personality, and that seems to be a problem for people, but I don't understand why....he can pair with a superstar and take the backseat (which he is doing, on the court any way). Of all of the number one picks all time, he is 14th best in win shares, 9th in WS/48, 10th in PER.

Howard has had a nice career, and is a good player, just because he didn't turn into Shaq or Duncan doesn't mean he hasn't been an elite center in the game.

KB24PG16
11-24-2015, 03:01 AM
doesn't he want any eto after this season, i could see him dipping on houston. morey would dumb not to at least explore options

FriedTofuz
11-24-2015, 03:02 AM
Id take WhiteSide Over Dwight at this point. Better defender and shot blocker. He's already better than Deandre Jordan. Whiteside is a huge gem, Love that guy.

Ty22Mitchell
11-24-2015, 11:07 AM
He is one of the best rebounders, defenders, and efficient scorers in the game.

He was hurt last year, but the Lakers would be way better with him than without him (though the course of the Lakers is now different than if you had retained him)

I'll never understand the hate for Dwight. Yeah, he was supposed to be the next Shaq in the league (or whatever) but he's been a very good center in the game, consistently a top 5 center in the game every year.

He was the best player from that draft, deserved to go number 1. He has a somewhat passive personality, and that seems to be a problem for people, but I don't understand why....he can pair with a superstar and take the backseat (which he is doing, on the court any way). Of all of the number one picks all time, he is 14th best in win shares, 9th in WS/48, 10th in PER.

Howard has had a nice career, and is a good player, just because he didn't turn into Shaq or Duncan doesn't mean he hasn't been an elite center in the game.

My post wasn't intended to be disrespectful to Dwight Howard, there is no doubt he will be a hall-of-famer. And I certainly agree with you that he was the best center of his generation (not that there was an over abundance of competition). However, as a fan of the Lakers I want to win championships. And it is my belief that Dwight (through whatever extenuating circumstances) is not not a type A Superstar (a guy who a championship roster can be built around, and then successfully demonstrates that ability), but a type B Superstar (a quality piece that can put a team over the top). So in that respect I do believe that if the Lakers had kept Dwight, they would not be no better off. In hindsight I don't believe the Lakers would have ever added another Superstar to put them over the top. An aging Kobe (we clearly see is not a superstar) and Dwight would be an 7/8th seed in the west.

FlashBolt
11-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Dwight sucks right now. I would select ten centers over him and that is becoming more evident. Whiny baby, always injured, zero offensive options, can't hit FT's. He has liability all over him at this point.

Scoots
11-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Howard probably is going to the Hall of Fame, but he's mostly seemed like he underachieved ... I think the biggest cause of the "hate" is that he complains a lot, then he also changed his mind in Orlando several times, he sulked his way out of LA (much as might wish it wasn't so the Lakers are still the most followed team in the NBA over time and geographically), he has a lot of kids and seems to be one himself still, and probably last is that he didn't live up to his physical potential to be one of the best centers of all time ... at least not in a fashion people wanted.

I'm not a fan, not a hater, but there has been a pretty consistent stream of "off" things about Dwight. Like last year after being knocked out of the playoffs he said the "I'm a champion" thing which sort of came out like it wasn't HIS fault they lost.

FlashBolt
11-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Howard probably is going to the Hall of Fame, but he's mostly seemed like he underachieved ... I think the biggest cause of the "hate" is that he complains a lot, then he also changed his mind in Orlando several times, he sulked his way out of LA (much as might wish it wasn't so the Lakers are still the most followed team in the NBA over time and geographically), he has a lot of kids and seems to be one himself still, and probably last is that he didn't live up to his physical potential to be one of the best centers of all time ... at least not in a fashion people wanted.

I'm not a fan, not a hater, but there has been a pretty consistent stream of "off" things about Dwight. Like last year after being knocked out of the playoffs he said the "I'm a champion" thing which sort of came out like it wasn't HIS fault they lost.

You can't expect more from a guy who already thinks he's a champion when he hasn't won a thing... At that point, anything you say to him would be like talking to a wall. Fact is, he underachieved since he was supposed to be the next all-time great center (talking about possibly reaching top five ever). He was a physically gifted center possibly behind Wilt but he never had the skills to polish them both in sync. He'll make it to the HOF but so will Chris Bosh. Doesn't mean much when the guy should have been in contention as an all-time great center. At least even though Shaq was a child at times, he was a man when it was time to win. Dwight just cowers up. Don't blame him for leaving L.A. one bit tbh. He never wanted to be there in the first place and it would have been even worse for him.

LRPG
11-24-2015, 08:27 PM
How about this:
Houston gets: Jahlil Okafor, Marcin Gortat
Washington gets: Dwight Howard
Philly gets: Bradley Beal and Kelly Oubre Jr.

Everyone's happy Okafor leaves Philly to go to a contender, Washington gets a superstar to play along Wall and another reason for Durant to choose the Wizards in Free Agency, Philly gets a young star in Beal which he can lead the franchise along with Noel.

Colts_4_life
11-24-2015, 09:08 PM
How about this:

Everyone's happy Okafor leaves Philly to go to a contender, Washington gets a superstar to play along Wall and another reason for Durant to choose the Wizards in Free Agency, Philly gets a young star in Beal which he can lead the franchise along with Noel.

LMAO yeah hell no! Terrible trade for my wiz kids smh.

Saddletramp
11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
How about this:

I'd do that in a heartbeat, maybe flip Gortat with Lawson for a better fitting PG.

Gander13SM
11-24-2015, 09:54 PM
I don't know if they should trade him, I definitely feel he's underachieved in the grand scheme of it all but a lot of that is due to the injuries, a lot is due to his attitude.

His time in Orlando was amazing, he was a monster. I think people sort of underrate his Orlando years now that he's dropped off so much since. Easy to forget he led that team to a conference title (over LeBron and Cleveland) and multiple division titles, he's the only player in NBA history to win DPOY in three consecutive seasons and only Motumbo and Big Ben won it more times.

To go from that to how he is now... it sucks.

Ty22Mitchell
11-24-2015, 10:47 PM
How about this:

I haven't followed the Wizards this year really, is Beal having an MVP season or something? Because otherwise, IDK why Philly would do that. I haven't seen enough from Noel for me to think he is a franchise cornerstone (I'd personally gamble on Jahlil over him rightmost).

FlashBolt
11-25-2015, 02:23 AM
I thought Lawson would be a Godsend since they needed another scoring option to take the load off Harden but it's crazy how one team can completely turn a player into a nobody. Lawson was actually a top 10 PG and now he looks like he should be sent to the D-League. Houston has a problem and it's very simple to be honest.. they have no idea how their own team works. Howard comes in-and-out like a drive-thru. Their players are missing open shots and ball movement has been non-existent. Lawson does the exact same thing Harden does.. which makes me wonder why I ever thought Lawson would be of any help. They need to break this team apart and send Dwight away.. maybe a trade of DeAndre+Crawford for Dwight+Lawson or something and have Lawson take the load off CP3. A trade is definitely required for this team.

Ty22Mitchell
11-25-2015, 06:58 AM
I thought Lawson would be a Godsend since they needed another scoring option to take the load off Harden but it's crazy how one team can completely turn a player into a nobody. Lawson was actually a top 10 PG and now he looks like he should be sent to the D-League. Houston has a problem and it's very simple to be honest.. they have no idea how their own team works. Howard comes in-and-out like a drive-thru. Their players are missing open shots and ball movement has been non-existent. Lawson does the exact same thing Harden does.. which makes me wonder why I ever thought Lawson would be of any help. They need to break this team apart and send Dwight away.. maybe a trade of DeAndre+Crawford for Dwight+Lawson or something and have Lawson take the load off CP3. A trade is definitely required for this team.

Will ownership allow Morey (no clue how to spell his name) the time for a rebuild? Assuming they keep Harden.

Htownballa1622
11-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Morey doesn't trade superior players to receive multiple lesser players.

Even if they did trade Dwight, they wouldn't get equal value.

Dwight isn't getting traded.

End thread.

FlashBolt
11-25-2015, 05:17 PM
No trading Howard = have fun with your center who gets paid to be a joke.

Htownballa1622
11-25-2015, 05:23 PM

At least he gets paid.

Edit...too mean

Chronz
11-25-2015, 06:15 PM

I would gladly pay Howard to be a "joke" for my team.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Howard pretty much been regressing after he demanded trade from Magic.

Vampirate
11-27-2015, 12:02 AM
The problem with the Rockets starts with Harden really. He takes 20 shots per game but on a .395 FG%.

He's also not nailing his 3s with great accuracy either.

lol, please
11-27-2015, 03:09 AM

I keep expecting them to turn it around and make it to a WCF rematch.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Bill Simmons was coming up with trade ideas on reddit. He mentioned Howard and Brewer, Beverley to Nets for Lopez and big expiring contract of Joe Johnson and use that capspace to chase Durant next summer. He thinks there's a good chance Howard bolts anyway. Also predicts Melo is traded. Also thinks Celtics trade 4 for 1 as well.

http://www.ischoolguide.com/articles/36214/20151127/nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-rockets-big-move-predicted-bill.htm

This site mainly piggybacking the reddit site quotes of Bill Simmons. No legit rumors so take it with a grain of salt.

blahblahyoutoo
11-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I was never a big fan of Howard but his talent cannot be denied. That said, the way he's been I don't know that I'd trade Festus Ezeli for him right now.

talent? what talent? for being tall? that's genetics.
jumping high? that's athleticism.
dwight has no bball talent.

blahblahyoutoo
11-27-2015, 07:01 PM
The problem with the Rockets starts with Harden really. He takes 20 shots per game but on a .395 FG%.

He's also not nailing his 3s with great accuracy either.

but his stirring mime celebration after hitting shots is so creative and unique!

likemystylez
11-28-2015, 12:22 PM
I never understood these type of blanket questions as a post title. there isnt enough information to answer yes or no to that.

its be like asking should I spend 10 dollars out of my wallet?

the obvious details are FOR WHAT!!!!

SHOULD I SPEND IT ON A TICTAC... absolutely not

SHOULD i SPEND IT ON A MANSION...without question

the title of the thread should be something like

Should the rockets trade dwight howard for marc gasol? or should the rockets trade dwight howard for Noah and gibson.....

that way there is something to talk about

kobe4thewinbang
11-28-2015, 12:26 PM
(I hate to be that Laker's fan who can't get over a guy leaving the team; but when in Rome) Boy the Lakers sure dodged a bullet there. He hasn't lived up to expectations at all.In hindsight it is pretty crazy. Bynum's career ended with a whimper and Dwight has been degrading since the Finals (Magic v. Lakers).

Houston is screwed because he can't stay healthy and has a good game every 5-10 games. Mentally I think he is giving up on this team. Harden dropping 50 can't even make Dwight feel like he should earn that contract on a team that is flailing. In LA had they gotten Phil back, Howard would have to perform or they would trade him.

Houston needs to see if anyone would bite, and Howard can still rejuvenate his dominance, or they can hope he opts in (why wouldn't he). He probably will but if for some reason he doesn't and wants another multi year deal (new salary cap) then Houston needs to decide what's more important. The guy dropping 50 and maybe getting him some actual help or a goofball center that can't even play most nights and brushes losing off when he does.

If some unpopular team wants him to boost ticket sales, let 'em. Imagine if Rockets had Demarcus Cousins right now--they wouldn't have the record they actually have and they'd have a center actually contributing. Problem is, Dwight would need to drastically improve his play for Kings to consider it.

JEDean89
11-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Lakers losing Dwight was the best thing to ever happen to them. Allowed them to tank, and now they Gelo, and Julius, and will be looking to add a piece (skal would look great next to randle), before they eventually make a run at a plethora of stars (Durant, Westbrook, George, Cousins, there are some big time FA's over the next 1-3 years). Imagine having Gelo and a guy like Skal or Bender both on their rookie contracts, a guy like Julius on his early 2nd contract, and all the cap space in the world. Gelo, FA, George, Julius, Skal, with Jordan Clarkson as a 6th man would make them quite competitive if the young guys pan out. Imagine Westbrook, Gelo, Ingram, Julius, Cousins, that could be something. I think even with the #2 seed, they only have about a 50% chance to get a top 3 pick, so obviously that pick could go to Philly.

MTar786
11-28-2015, 08:09 PM
if i was a rocket fan id be begging for them to trade dwight, lawson and like a pick for noah and gasol.
the rockets need a new identity now. and if harden is gonna shoot all the time ur gonna need rebounders and post up players that can both pass.

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2015, 12:53 AM
Still a very good player in my books. But considering possible injury issues and the rise of Clint Capela, do you guys think the Rox should look to trade Howard?

Also consider, that he's an upcoming free agent who will likely demand max money

Dwight Howard has two more years, and Clint Capela three. Try to win with Howard during these next two years, and if it doesn't work, you can let him walk and lock Capela in. James Harden will only be 28 by that point.