PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Knight

GiantsSwaGG
11-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Dude is beasting right now, averaging over 20 pts 5 Rebs and 5 asst. That Bucks trade (I said it was a bad trade) looks HORRIBLE. Imagine Knight with the Bucks.

What are you thoughts on his performance?

Arch Stanton
11-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Dude is beasting right now, averaging over 20 pts 5 Rebs and 5 asst. That Bucks trade (I said it was a bad trade) looks HORRIBLE. Imagine Knight with the Bucks.

What are you thoughts on his performance?

Never understood why the Bucks traded him? I don't like MCW.

IndyRealist
11-21-2015, 11:52 PM
He's shooting career highs from everywhere but the FT line. I dunno if that's improvement or small sample size. His frequency and percentage on 3s is also absurd. I doubt it's sustainable.

Quinnsanity
11-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Bucks didn't want to spend on Knight. I can understand the logic of that, they just bet on the wrong young point guard. If they'd just taken the Lakers pick instead of MCW they could've maintained more cap flexibility to go find their point guard while still getting the right asset for Knight.

xxplayerxx23
11-22-2015, 12:36 PM
MCW and Monroe vs knight is what they were thinking. I love knights game hate MCW so I hate it lol wonder if there was anyway to get Monroe with knight

Gander13SM
11-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Knight has been incredible. I really like the Phoenix backcourt. Fun team to watch.

phantasyyy
11-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Jkidd addressed it the other day in terms of the reasoning behind trading knight for MCW.

Both Knight and Middleton were going to be free agents looking for an extension and at the time the bucks brass knew that if they went all in on both players it would cause the franchise to be stuck with mediocrity in the back court. Shelling out near max $ on both players would have made them financially incapable of making that big move for Monroe. Also Knight strikes me more of a sg in a pg body so you can see the hesitance there with the team already loaded with wing talent in Middleton, Parker, Bayless, and Mayo.

This allowed them to get MCW(ROY) and Tyler Ennis both young pg's on rookie deals, as well as depth in Plumlee for an asset that they weren't looking to pay at the end of the year anyway. Also it does help that MCW plays Jkidd's game and is someone that he cold mold into a great PG

5ass
11-22-2015, 04:27 PM
They didn't want a Knight+Middleton back court making 28 mill/yr, but they're okay with spending 28 mill/yr on a front court that doesn't fit in Henson+Monroe? Even if Brandon is not the best passer, I thought Giannis is capable of playing PG? Isn't that what Kidd was trying to sell to Bucks fans? Instead, now they have a PG that doesn't fit their roster in MCW, and they gave up a 1st round pick for Vazquez who is also due for an extension next year. Not to mention the vets they had to dump to clear space for Monroe. Say what you want about Knight, but he's better than both Vazquez and MCW. He was helping them win games last year, and was a huge part in why they made the play offs. Knight+Zaza would've been better than Monroe, who has turned them from a top 3 defensive team last year to the worst in the league so far this year. Kidd messed up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2015, 04:54 PM
I already have the article of Kidd being quoted a couple days ago when Knight got triple double and Kidd had to give our reasoning. Well he said Knight and Middleton are no Curry/Klay. We cant max out both and keep both. Cause if we did most likely meant no Henson or Monroe. Also Knight looks for himself first and what's the point in having Giannis or Parker then if Knight plays hero ball and has tunnel vision. But the Bucks are falling off any way. Looks like we maybe fall apart and not make the playoffs. I'm already on the tank wagon.

I wanted us to tank last year instead of keeping all them vets to over achieve. Yeah Vaughn is nice but we could of easily been up 10 spots higher if we tanked away. Also wished we left 76ers out of the trade and took on Lakers pick. Middleton starting out the gates slow. Parker coming back from injury and on limited minutes. Giannis and Monroe had some nice games but either don't get enough touches or not enough guys stretching the floor hit any shots.

We got Henson at a decent price but barely playing. So not sure the point of that. Yeah it's nice we got Mayo back. But Mayo and Vasquez getting in the way of rookie Vaughn. Also Kidd is very close buddies with Bayless so he wont be traded. Also with Middleton is buddies with Monroe. So doubt we change our minds and trade either one of them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2015, 05:05 PM
I thought Giannis is capable of playing PG? Isn't that what Kidd was trying to sell to Bucks fans?

Yeah Giannis can play all 5 spots. But Kidd only tried Giannis at PG like once in preseason. Mainly plays SF/PF now. Barely plays at SG neither now. Also with us having multiple guys that can play PG/SG. Giannis has no minutes there when we got MCW, Bayless, Vasquez, Ennis, Mayo, Middleton, Vaughn at PG/SG. Also Middleton got paid so he's starter at SG. Even though Bucks should be running screens to get Middleton wide open they don't.

5ass
11-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Yeah Giannis can play all 5 spots. But Kidd only tried Giannis at PG like once in preseason. Mainly plays SF/PF now. Barely plays at SG neither now. Also with us having multiple guys that can play PG/SG. Giannis has no minutes there when we got MCW, Bayless, Vasquez, Ennis, Mayo, Middleton, Vaughn at PG/SG. Also Middleton got paid so he's starter at SG. Even though Bucks should be running screens to get Middleton wide open they don't.

He can't play all 5 positions full time, but what I'm saying is Kidd said last offseason he will be playing PG, if that's the case Knight would actually be a good fit next to him. So why not keep Knight? All these guys you listed, even though some of them are good players, aren't good PGs. So why not let Giannis run the offense more if you think he's capable?