PDA

View Full Version : Zach LaVine

Jets012
11-18-2015, 08:57 PM
If a mod feels this isn't thread-worthy then I guess you can put it down but if KP has a thread LaVine should too.

So what's everyone's thoughts on LaVine? I know when you think of the Timberwolves young core KAT and Wiggins are the two you think of. LaVine is looking more like a stud by the game though. I'm not sure he ever develops into a good team leader at the Point Guard position, but he's definitely REALLY impressive offensively. Ever since the 2nd half of last season, it seems like he's beginning to get it. He's averaging 21/5/6 Per 36 minutes. He's comfortable creating for himself and creating for others. I just want to see others thoughts on him. He seems like a defensive liability, but this was a guy who was touted of having high potential, but just very raw. I think he could develop into a very nice player for Minnesota or somewhere else. Thoughts?

5ass
11-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Yeah I think he'll eventually be pretty good 6th man.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM
He gets better by the day, but the minute the Wolves realize he isn't a PG, the better.

He reminds me of Jamal Crawford really. But maybe better?

I go back and forth on him. He has the absolute confidence of Kobe, and I do think he will be a very good scorer. He does one play that makes me think he will be a star, then does another where I just want to throat punch him. Idk. I think the kid will be a really good contributor to a winner. But I also think he will always have moments where you just wonder if he would have been under the line like Forrest was in the Alabama state IQ test

flea
11-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Had Westbrook comparisons coming out, and not just because of the UCLA thing. He's a great athlete. Probably a tweener unless he can round out his game with either shooting or playmaking but he'll be around for a while.

zn23
11-19-2015, 02:02 AM
The Wolves need to consider benching Rubio over him. Because Rubio hasn't had a good game since week 1 against the Lakers.

slaker619
11-19-2015, 02:15 AM
He's been playing great never expected this from him, but he proving a lot

Scoots
11-19-2015, 02:22 AM
I remember the Warriors not being able to do anything with him last year and he got 37 points in dominant fashion in a Wolves loss ... in the other 3 games he averaged around 6 points. The 37 showed the talent, the other games showed just how raw he was.

To me, physically, he's the smoothest jumper since Kobe.

numba1CHANGsta
11-19-2015, 02:50 AM
Lavine isnt a PG nor a SG, he's just a guard, someone like Crawford, Terry, etc. He won't be a superstar but a pretty solid role player

DillyDill
11-19-2015, 04:16 AM
Love Lavine Bruin bias lol. He's blessed with the physical attributes to become a Superstar, now it's all about how much hard work he'll put in

Hawkeye15
11-20-2015, 01:27 AM
The Wolves need to consider benching Rubio over him. Because Rubio hasn't had a good game since week 1 against the Lakers.

ewwwww

FlashBolt
11-20-2015, 01:34 AM
If Rubio could score, he'd be a top 5 PG. He's a liability right now, sorry. A PG who can't shoot in today's game is a huge mistake unless they make up for it with freakish athleticism.

flea
11-20-2015, 01:43 AM
Rubio is as underrated as some of the better centers (like Zaza/Horford/R. Lopez) in the game today. A big PG with defensive ability, high IQ, and passing is always as asset, even if he can't shoot.

FlashBolt
11-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Rubio is as underrated as some of the better centers (like Zaza/Horford/R. Lopez) in the game today. A big PG with defensive ability, high IQ, and passing is always as asset, even if he can't shoot.

If you can't shoot, you are worthless offensively unless you pack a body like Westbrook. That's how it is. Look at all the other PG's who can't shoot and then tell me how many of them are elite. The top 5 PG's in the league today are all pretty good shooters (Curry, CP3, Lillard, Westbrook has been doing better, Irving). Not sure who else I am missing but they are probably above average shooters.

flea
11-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Teague, Dragic, Smart, Parker, Payton, Bledsoe, and Westbrook all are well below average shooters. Doesn't matter as much if you're a guard with the ball in your hands. If you're an off-ball guard, then yeah it matters. All those guys make a living as slashing guards and in this era you basically can't do without that from someone on your team.

Rubio is also a better passer than all of them, and probably every player in the league except Paul, maybe Rondo.

IKnowHoops
11-20-2015, 03:21 AM
If only the wolves would of drafted Curry instead of Rubio. Oh well.

I love Lavine and his upside. I hope he turns into russell Westbrook offensively.

I don't mind him at point guard at all. Even though he really isn't a true PG, I don't thing Wiggins and Towns would excel with a dominant ball handler.

I'd try and trade Rubio right now for a mid to late lottery pick if possible

Lavine can play 1 or 2.

Wiggins can play 2 or 3.

Towns can play 4 or 5.

So you can basically still draft the best player available and adjust your starting 5 accordingly.

I love this young team! Even though they are not good, Lavine, Townsend, and Wiggins will all be great players in 4 years.

Wolves just need to get two more top 5 lottery picks over the next twoseason, spent on a PG or SG who ever is the best available player, and a C.

I'd draft the best 1,2, or 5 available. I like Towns at PF

Hawkeye15
11-20-2015, 10:47 AM
If you can't shoot, you are worthless offensively unless you pack a body like Westbrook. That's how it is. Look at all the other PG's who can't shoot and then tell me how many of them are elite. The top 5 PG's in the league today are all pretty good shooters (Curry, CP3, Lillard, Westbrook has been doing better, Irving). Not sure who else I am missing but they are probably above average shooters.

Well, you are missing the fact that if Rubio doesn't play, the Wolves lose. It's a fact. He can't shoot. But he runs the offense, he keeps players spaced, he keeps players moving, he doesn't miss windows when players come free, he does everything for us. He is also our point of attack on defense, and makes that side of the floor a ton better.

Rubio defies stats. I never really got it until I watched our team with, and without him. And the trend started at age 14. The plus/minus has always shined brightly on Rubio. Teams simply are better when he plays.

Now, in a playoff series, where teams scout you and really go after your weakness, that is where Rubio may indeed be a problem. We shall see, if my team ever is able to make the playoffs.

But in no way, shape, or form, should Lavine play PG ahead of Rubio. Ever.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2015, 10:54 AM
The fact that Rubio been in the league for how many years and still doesn't have a decent jump shot is a disgrace. I question his work ethic

Hawkeye15
11-20-2015, 12:27 PM
The fact that Rubio been in the league for how many years and still doesn't have a decent jump shot is a disgrace. I question his work ethic

honestly, every time he shows improvement in his shooting, he gets hurt. His problem is his body is either fragile, or unlucky. Either way his inability to stay on the floor is becoming a topic of frustration amongst Wolves fans. If he can't stay healthy, the Wolves need to look at a different option. And that option is not currently on our roster.

Scoots
11-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Shaun Livingston still doesn't have a jump shot. Heck, Magic never got much of a jump shot. Some guys just can't do it.

Rubio has had games where his scoring is efficient, his control of the game and D has always been good. I wish we were able to see what he would be now if he had stayed healthy.

JEDean89
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
i like the kid a lot, wanted him in last years draft for the nuggets, but glad we ended up with Nurkic/Harris. The kid fits the athleticism of the wolves and can hit the 3. I've watched a few games, and his defense looks mediocre, as does his ability to take contact. I think a 205 lb Lavine would be a force, you can't be that skinny at the guard position and deserve westbrook comps. I think he has Jamal Crawford type of upside, maybe even Vince Carter (or a slightly lesser version) if he really takes off. He's young and the Wolves have way too much young promising talent at every position. It will be easy to him to get minutes next to guys who compliment his game, and I think the Wolves will be a playoff team next year, and a contender within 4.