PDA

View Full Version : Minny's front court: Should they be looking to make trades?

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2015, 07:30 PM
With KAT starting at centre, and Nemanja Bejelica eating up a lot of minutes at PF, and Pekovic on the shelf for the time being, there seems to be enough room for the likes of Gorgui Dieng and Payne (I don't mention Garnett because I expect he is not in the long-term plans for obvious reasons), but when Pek gets back, I'm not sure there will be enough playing time for everybody.

Might the Wolves look to make a trade? Perhaps ship out Dieng along with somebody else to get an upgrade at point guard? Given how well he has rebounded in the past, I expect a few teams might be willing to bite on that.

Or perhaps there is another trade to be made?

Hawkeye15
11-15-2015, 07:33 PM
KG can't be counted to play a lot of minutes, Payne is eh. Pek I have written off.

No doubt Dieng will eventually have a team offer him too much to match in RFA. But the Wolves are in a situation where they just need to develop what they have and see what works. If I am the Wolves GM, I do probably move him the year prior to Dieng going into RFA.

The real problem is always Rubio's health. Criticize his game as much as you want (lord knows I do), but when he is out it's an auto L.

This year is obviously about development, bringing in KG, Prince, and Miller.

If we were able to trade anyone in a perfect world, I would ship out Pek for a bag of potato chips at this point.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2015, 07:34 PM
They'll probably ship Pekovic in the near future. Once some big men go down, his trade value should increase.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
They'll probably ship Pekovic in the near future. Once some big men go down, his trade value should increase.

Pek is a 300 lb man who has foot problems. He has no value at all

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Pek is a 300 lb man who has foot problems. He has no value at all

I think he can be very decent for a team but he has no minutes so no one is going to make a gamble on it I suppose. They should've trade him last year.

albertajaysfan
11-15-2015, 09:27 PM
I think they will use him as trade bait. Just not this season. He is signed for two more years after this one so its not like he is going anywhere.

Plus as mentioned before this year is all about development. I can see them using him to match salaries in a trade some time next season if the FO feels they have made enough progress.

I really believe that Minnesota should adopt a 2 PG lineup with the 2nd PG being a solid 3 point shooter. Stagger the minutes so one of them is on the floor at all times. Have them close games together to keep the end of game offence from getting overly predictable.

KnicksorBust
11-15-2015, 09:46 PM
I think they will use him as trade bait. Just not this season. He is signed for two more years after this one so its not like he is going anywhere.

Plus as mentioned before this year is all about development. I can see them using him to match salaries in a trade some time next season if the FO feels they have made enough progress.

I really believe that Minnesota should adopt a 2 PG lineup with the 2nd PG being a solid 3 point shooter. Stagger the minutes so one of them is on the floor at all times. Have them close games together to keep the end of game offence from getting overly predictable.

Why do they need to start two PGs? The highest ceiling outcome would be Wiggins and Towns becoming high usage stars.