PDA

View Full Version : Heat trade Chalmers and Ennis to Memphis

ATX
11-10-2015, 06:59 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies have acquired Miami Heat guard Mario Chalmers and forward James Ennis in a trade, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Grizzlies will send guard Beno Udrih, forward Jarnell Stokes and a second-round pick to the Heat, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--grizzlies-acquire-guard-mario-chalmers-from-heat-183414020.html

I read the HEAT were looking for a third team to take on Udrih and Stokes. I guess that didn't get done, but this saves Arison 6 Mil in luxury tax for this season and gives the HEAT a 2nd round pick. Hopefully this creates more opportunities for Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson. Minor deal but thought it thread worthy with as dead as it's been around here.

ATX
11-10-2015, 07:02 PM
I was wondering why no thread yet, but see you guys have been discussing the deal in the roster speculation thread...

HandsOnTheWheel
11-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Been a good run for Chalmers, though too wildly inconsistent to ever surmount his ineffectiveness. Always an iron-clad type guy who didn't miss many games and played extremely well in a couple of playoff runs warranting at least slight credibility for what he has contributed.

Heatnation80
11-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Chalmers did the best he could and for that I appreciate him. Ennis does not belong in the NBA IMO, he was given too many opportunities to succeed and never seized it. Wish both well in their futures