11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
draymond green over lebron, kawhi, and durant? Lmao

5ass
11-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Green over Lebron?

AirPippen33
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Green over Lebron?

For Defense. It would go great with the starting lineup. Also I like his passing ability.

sf-fanatic
11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Whoa...I'm a Warriors fan, but Draymond over Lebron ?

Saddletramp
11-09-2015, 05:58 PM
What was the guy's name that was a Chicago fan last year and showed up and posted 40 times a day at the beginning and then got banned multiple times quickly? BornReady? Yeah, looks like he's back.

Scoots
11-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Howard has missed half the games hasn't he?

Saddletramp
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Been over an hour and Chatty Cathy up there hasn't responded after making 50 posts his first day.

BUSTED

AirPippen33
11-09-2015, 09:47 PM
This is the "TEAM" that would best play well TOGETHER. This would be a DREAM TEAM if they were to make one today for the 2016 Olympics.

mightybosstone
11-09-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread. What was the goal? What kind of hypothetical is OP going for? OP just randomly posted an assortment of players with a generic thread title and no context whatsoever. And to make matters worse, his starting five was mediocre as hell and made zero sense. Seriously, OP, I get that you're new, but maybe pay attention to other threads and see what makes a good thread before randomly posting something like this.

YAALREADYKNO
11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
For Defense. It would go great with the starting lineup. Also I like his passing ability.

How do you like draymond for his passing and defense but lebron is still a better passer than green and can still play defense when he wants to?

AirPippen33
11-09-2015, 10:54 PM
How do you like draymond for his passing and defense but lebron is still a better passer than green and can still play defense when he wants to?

I like the way Draymond sets screens for the pg and can either roll or pick n pop. Then at that point I've seen Draymond do very well at creating from that kind of situation. So it's his screen setting that I like too.

How do you think this team would do in the 2016 Olympics?

Scoots
11-09-2015, 10:54 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread. What was the goal? What kind of hypothetical is OP going for? OP just randomly posted an assortment of players with a generic thread title and no context whatsoever. And to make matters worse, his starting five was mediocre as hell and made zero sense. Seriously, OP, I get that you're new, but maybe pay attention to other threads and see what makes a good thread before randomly posting something like this.

I was guessing that SVG made the team and the OP just wanted us to discuss how insane SVG was. If that was indeed his team.

AirPippen33
11-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Much better than just putting 5 shooters on the floor with one ball and telling them to figure it out.

YAALREADYKNO
11-09-2015, 11:00 PM
I like the way Draymond sets screens for the pg and can either roll or pick n pop. Then at that point I've seen Draymond do very well at creating from that kind of situation. So it's his screen setting that I like too.

How do you think this team would do in the 2016 Olympics?

Not as good as the other teams the U.S. Could throw out there

AirPippen33
11-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Not as good as the other teams the U.S. Could throw out there

Can you build a team that has better defense to win? Scoring isn't a problem. The defense will create the offense.

just throwing Durant, Griffin, James, Curry and Counsins out there might not be as good beacuse I don't think they complement each other AT ALL, Code for they ball wouldn't more freely/ they wouldn't pass. Many of They would probably negate Curry's great ability to dance with it and then drain threes off the dribble and come over screens. I think they would turn him into a spot up shooter in the corner and he's too good for that.

I don't really like Griffin's overall defense, especially to start a game. I like to set a defensive tone to start games. And as for cousins I believe he's a head case.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-10-2015, 02:23 AM
This. I'm lost as hell in this thread.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 09:40 AM
It's MY All League Team. It's the best team I can put together out of the players today.

So if you don't like it, make your own team and stop crying about LeBron not starting. I don't want a non clutch 2-4 Finals record in my starting lineup.

It's MY TEAM

YAALREADYKNO
11-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Can you build a team that has better defense to win? Scoring isn't a problem. The defense will create the offense.

just throwing Durant, Griffin, James, Curry and Counsins out there might not be as good beacuse I don't think they complement each other AT ALL, Code for they ball wouldn't more freely/ they wouldn't pass. Many of They would probably negate Curry's great ability to dance with it and then drain threes off the dribble and come over screens. I think they would turn him into a spot up shooter in the corner and he's too good for that.

I don't really like Griffin's overall defense, especially to start a game. I like to set a defensive tone to start games. And as for cousins I believe he's a head case.

Curry
Harden
Lebron
Davis
Cousins

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 09:54 AM
It's MY All League Team. It's the best team I can put together out of the players today.

So if you don't like it, make your own team and stop crying about LeBron not starting. I don't want a non clutch 2-4 Finals record in my starting lineup.

It's MY TEAM

YOUR team sucks. :shrug:

Wilt Chamberlain was also 2-4 in the NBA Finals in his career. Was he also not "clutch?" And what exactly defines "clutch" by your standards? If a guy averages 36/13/9 over the course of an NBA Finals series (albeit at a fairly inefficient pace) is that not clutch enough? If a guy is fifth in career postseason PPG, third in career postseason WS, third in career postseason WS/48, third in career posteason PER, is that not clutch?

I just do not understand by what your justification is for ripping on Lebron and by which he is determined to be "non-clutch." Based on your other (fairly misguided) posts, it seems that you judge players solely off of how many titles that player has and not by their actual performances or the teams around those players. Maybe you should stop looking at rings and win-loss records in the finals and start paying attention to the performances themselves and the teams around those players.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 10:04 AM

It's MY TEAM

As for your team itself, I don't think you thought your starting five through very well. You basically just targeted defenders and put them around Curry without any thought as to the lack of spacing around him. Curry thrives, in part, due to how well the Warriors can space the floor and how hard it is to guard a team with four legitimate 3-point threats on the floor. Teams that win in the league today make 3-point shots. If I'm not mistaken, the four teams that made it to the WCF and ECF last season were the three teams that made the most 3-pointers per game last season. That's not a coincidence.

So putting Green at the 3 is a mistake, IMO. The benefit of putting him at the 4 (like Golden State does) is he gives the Warriors a stretch forward who can guard a player at any position. But by placing him next to Duncan and Dwight, you're forcing him to play the 3 and shrinking the amount of floor space that Curry has to work with. That's a mistake, IMO. You'd be much better off putting Green at the 4 next to a center like Duncan, Davis or Gasol who can still spread the floor at the 5 with a mid-range shot.

Then again, you'd also be MUCH better off replacing Green with Lebron James, who essentially does everything Green does, but scores and passes at a far greater level.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 10:08 AM
he settles for jumpers and loses that is why he's not clutch. To be fair also he gets about 15% of those stats when the game is way out of reach and the other team quit playing like in the final 2-3 minutes. Plus I don't SOLEY Judge a player on stats. I like to actuall watch how they play unlike you.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 10:15 AM
As for your team itself, I don't think you thought your starting five through very well. You basically just targeted defenders and put them around Curry without any thought as to the lack of spacing around him. Curry thrives, in part, due to how well the Warriors can space the floor and how hard it is to guard a team with four legitimate 3-point threats on the floor. Teams that win in the league today make 3-point shots. If I'm not mistaken, the four teams that made it to the WCF and ECF last season were the three teams that made the most 3-pointers per game last season. That's not a coincidence.

So putting Green at the 3 is a mistake, IMO. The benefit of putting him at the 4 (like Golden State does) is he gives the Warriors a stretch forward who can guard a player at any position. But by placing him next to Duncan and Dwight, you're forcing him to play the 3 and shrinking the amount of floor space that Curry has to work with. That's a mistake, IMO. You'd be much better off putting Green at the 4 next to a center like Duncan, Davis or Gasol who can still spread the floor at the 5 with a mid-range shot.

Then again, you'd also be MUCH better off replacing Green with Lebron James, who essentially does everything Green does, but scores and passes at a far greater level.

I would slide him to the 4 at times.

Three pointers aren't the end all be all. points in the paint are.

I'm starting Duncan but he's going to play like 20 minutes. Green can play the 1-5. Also Green is a good three point shooter that you have to honer. Jimmy Butler can hit consistently out to 20 and is a three point shooter you have to honer.
I'm going to pound you inside, that is how my team will mainly win. Bulter is a big Shooting guard that has a back to the basket game. That is why he is there also I like defense and athleticism.

Green is a big SF that is very strong that can play all 5 positions and even rim guard, that is why he is there.

Duncan is an all time legend that still has it. I like his post game down low.

Howard is stil the best center in the NBA, I also like his athleticism and strength for pounding you.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 10:30 AM
he settles for jumpers and loses that is why he's not clutch. To be fair also he gets about 15% of those stats when the game is way out of reach and the other team quit playing like in the final 2-3 minutes. Plus I don't SOLEY Judge a player on stats. I like to actuall watch how they play unlike you.

Lebron's numbers late in postseason games have proven to be fairly impressive, far greater than those of other players considered to be "clutch" for this era of basketball. And I assure you that I've watched a LOT of NBA basketball in the 20 years I've been watching the sport.

Question: How much of John Havliceck did you actually watch? Were you even born he was at his peak? Because you speak about him in the all-time threads and based on your argument that you "actually watch how they play," I'm curious to see how many Celtics games you watched in the '60s and '70s. I'm guessing none. I'm guessing that (like me) you're using a single stat to prove your point: rings.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Lebron's numbers late in postseason games have proven to be fairly impressive, far greater than those of other players considered to be "clutch" for this era of basketball. And I assure you that I've watched a LOT of NBA basketball in the 20 years I've been watching the sport.

Question: How much of John Havliceck did you actually watch? Were you even born he was at his peak? Because you speak about him in the all-time threads and based on your argument that you "actually watch how they play," I'm curious to see how many Celtics games you watched in the '60s and '70s. I'm guessing none. I'm guessing that (like me) you're using a single stat to prove your point: rings.

I've seen about 20 full length games of his on classic sports. Remember that old channel, seems they've done away with that channel because it shows how much greater professional athletes were back then compared to 2015.

Hondo was a major positive influence on that team I could see. Mr. Cool.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I would slide him to the 4 at times.

Three pointers aren't the end all be all. points in the paint are.
And yet the Warriors consistently beat teams that had far, far superior post players than they did last season. You could argue that with David Lee gone, Golden State doesn't have a single competent offensive post player on their entire roster. Yet they're still crushing teams.

I'm starting Duncan but he's going to play like 20 minutes. Green can play the 1-5. Also Green is a good three point shooter that you have to honer. Jimmy Butler can hit consistently out to 20 and is a three point shooter you have to honer.
If you have Green playing the 1 or 5, you're screwed. And he's far less effective as a 3-point threat as a 3 than he is at the 4. And Duncan can space the floor our to 18 feet, but I'd rather go with a PF who can occasionally hit the 3-pointer, like Lebron or Green. Also, Howard (who I love, don't get me wrong), provides you literally zero spacing. Your front court is very good, but has a pretty significant flaw that my starting five wouldn't have.

Also, I have a really, really hard time respecting a guy who can't spell "honor" correctly.

I'm going to pound you inside, that is how my team will mainly win.
Duncan is not the elite offensive big man inside he once was. And Howard is very effective in the paint, but if you double him, he's going to turn the ball over a lot and make mistakes. Also, I can Hack a Howard late in quarters if I have to. And even though I've always detested that strategy, it's always something my starting five will have in my back pocket that you won't. Because my starting five will have good free throw shooters at every position.

Bulter is a big Shooting guard that has a back to the basket game. That is why he is there also I like defense and athleticism.
I actually don't have a problem with Butler. He's a very versatile wing player who provides a lot on both ends as a SG. That's not where I have issues with your starting five. It's your front court where you made mistakes.

Green is a big SF that is very strong that can play all 5 positions and even rim guard, that is why he is there.
Then bring him off the bench and use his versatility that way. I'm not knocking you for having him on the team. I'm knocking you for thinking he should get more play than a completely superior player in Lebron James. That's insane.

Duncan is an all time legend that still has it. I like his post game down low. Howard is stil the best center in the NBA, I also like his athleticism and strength for pounding you.
Addressed this already, and I get what you're going for, but today's NBA is not the same game that it was 10-15 years ago. Today's NBA relies more heavily on floor spacing and penetration with guards and wings. Also, I don't like Duncan at the 4 as I've previously stated. I want someone at that spot who is more athletic, versatile and can hit a 3-pointer. He'd be much better suited to play the 5 in a scenario like this. Plus, he's just not the elite offensive big man any more that you're making him out to be.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I've seen about 20 full length games of his on classic sports.
Twenty games is apparently enough of a sample size to judge a player? And if you watched those games (as many of us have), then you should be able to tell the vast differences in athleticism from the league in the 60s and 70s compared to today.

Remember that old channel, seems they've done away with that channel because it shows how much greater professional athletes were back then compared to 2015.
:eyebrow: Now you just sound ridiculous. It's getting to the point where I'm convinced you're trolling because nobody could be this dense.

JasonJohnHorn
11-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Is that Seth Curry you put on there? Or Steph Curry?

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Curry
Harden
Lebron
Davis
Cousins

NO PASSING what as **** team. just a bunch of standing around while LeBron or harden take the ball and dribble it between their legs for 24 seconds then jack up a 35 footer.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Twenty games is apparently enough of a sample size to judge a player? And if you watched those games (as many of us have), then you should be able to tell the vast differences in athleticism from the league in the 60s and 70s compared to today.

There are several great athletes today just like there are several from back then. It's just that highlights are pumped at you 24 7 today so you see more today.

Hawkins
Gervin
Kareem
Erving
G. Johnson
D. Thompson
Wilt Chamberlain, you may have heard of him

Are just a few of the great athletes that come to mind

then you also had 5'11 pg guards as quick as ever that could dunk. Nate Archbald, Calvin Murphy and several others.

you also had big centers like Artis Gilmore, and I already named Wilt and Kareem.

Robertson was a very STRONG guard. Go look at him in his prime and tell me a Shooting guard or point guard today that was as built and strong.

YAALREADYKNO
11-10-2015, 11:56 AM
NO PASSING what as **** team. just a bunch of standing around while LeBron or harden take the ball and dribble it between their legs for 24 seconds then jack up a 35 footer.

cousins is a head case and davis is a loser.

Lebron harden and curry are all solid passers. Tf are you talking about? Also if this was the Olympics you're talking about then curry would be used more of a sg running around screens to catch and shoot like how he did in the 2014 World Cup. Harden is more than capable of running an offense in the Olympics and lebron is a top 5 passer in the league right now and certainly a better passer than draymond green who lebron does everything better than. Davis is young and has the perfect game to fit the style of play these days and cousins is a head case in the NBA but again this is the OLYMPICS were going off of and when he was playing in the World Cup last summer I didn't hear anything bad from cousins.
You have a aging Duncan and Dwight Howard on your front lines smh Duncan would not like trying to come out to the 3pt line and guard these stretch 4's in today's game. You're living in the past lmao

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Lebron harden and curry are all solid passers. Tf are you talking about? Also if this was the Olympics you're talking about then curry would be used more of a sg running around screens to catch and shoot like how he did in the 2014 World Cup. Harden is more than capable of running an offense in the Olympics and lebron is a top 5 passer in the league right now and certainly a better passer than draymond green who lebron does everything better than. Davis is young and has the perfect game to fit the style of play these days and cousins is a head case in the NBA but again this is the OLYMPICS were going off of and when he was playing in the World Cup last summer I didn't hear anything bad from cousins.
You have a aging Duncan and Dwight Howard on your front lines smh Duncan would not like trying to come out to the 3pt line and guard these stretch 4's in today's game. You're living in the past lmao

you're overating james passing. James is a high turnover guy and often only passes when there is 3 seconds on the shot clock after he has dribbled the ball around for 20 seconds. Also I don't have to guard james on the three point line. He's a low % shooter from there.

Harden is also a chucker and a low % shooter.

Davis is shooting 38% this season.

Cousins is a head case.

your team SUCKS

Duncan on my team doesn't have to come out and guard the three point line. If he wanted to he could just fine and then I'd have him continue to the other end to basket hang. That's how you beat low % three point shooting teams.

Dwight Howard isn't injured anymore. He had a 20, 20 game the other night.

your harden has ZERO defense, he SUCKS at defense. My Butler would probably get an easy 30 points on few shots.

YAALREADYKNO
11-10-2015, 12:25 PM
you're overating james passing. James is a high turnover guy and often only passes when there is 3 seconds on the shot clock after he has dribbled the ball around for 20 seconds. Also I don't have to guard james on the three point line. He's a low % shooter from there.

Cousins is a head case.

your team SUCKS

Duncan on my team doesn't have to come out and guard the three point line. If he wanted to he could just fine and then I'd have him continue to the other end to basket hang. That's how you beat low % three point shooting teams.

Dwight Howard isn't injured anymore. He had a 20, 20 game the other night.

your harden has ZERO defense, he SUCKS at defense. My Butler would probably get an easy 30 points on few shots.

Harden's turnovers were high because he was trying to do to much. If you have a curry lebron Davis and cousins I guarantee you he ain't turning the ball over left and right. Harden was a chucker but if I remember correctly he led his team all the way to the conference finals and was 2nd in MVP voting. Cousins is a head case in the NBA but this ain't the NBA were talking about. Get your head out your ***. How are you not gonna have Duncan not guard an opposing player? 😂 Duncan isn't that inside monster he once was. Stop living the past. Davis's style of play fits perfectly into this new era and he would be able to guard stretch fours 😭. You gonna play 4 on 5 on defense? Smh GTFO no point in arguing with a guy who thinks lebron wouldn't win with Bill Russell on his team and thinks a John Havlicek would go off on a Pistons team that was still playing at a high level with a lineup of Eric snow, Larry Hughes, Anderson varejo, and zyndrunas illgauskas with Daniel Gibson and Damon jones being your bench scorers smh

Scoots
11-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Trollier and trollier

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Harden's turnovers were high because he was trying to do to much. If you have a curry lebron Davis and cousins I guarantee you he ain't turning the ball over left and right. Harden was a chucker but if I remember correctly he led his team all the way to the conference finals and was 2nd in MVP voting. Cousins is a head case in the NBA but this ain't the NBA were talking about. Get your head out your ***. How are you not gonna have Duncan not guard an opposing player? 😂 Duncan isn't that inside monster he once was. Stop living the past. Davis's style of play fits perfectly into this new era and he would be able to guard stretch fours 😭. You gonna play 4 on 5 on defense? Smh GTFO no point in arguing with a guy who thinks lebron wouldn't win with Bill Russell on his team and thinks a John Havlicek would go off on a Pistons team that was still playing at a high level with a lineup of Eric snow, Larry Hughes, Anderson varejo, and zyndrunas illgauskas with Daniel Gibson and Damon jones being your bench scorers smh

You're a troll. Why would Duncan have to run out and guard the three point line. He really didn't at all in the 14 Finals. He let bosh shoot all the long jumpers and threes he wanted and it payed off for Duncan because he was able to keep lebrat out of the lane completely and control the game that way.
Bosh shooting 6-7 threes a game is not going to beat a super team.

Lebron would win in the 60 and 70's. Sure, but not 10 titles in a row. Havlicek, Jones, Cousy, and Russell all fit so well as a team. One can't just automatically assume that LeBron would have the same chemistry with them. Remember LeBron plays in a very weak NBA and an even weaker East and he failed to win the Title wiith Super team 3 years now. He's 2 and 3 on Super Teams. Or 2 out of 5.

You could put him on the Celtics Super team and I'm guessing more like 6-7 titles and that is factoring era and it's being very very kind to Lebron. Honestly Lebron is much more like Jerry West than Havlicek. West was a "everyone look at me guy" " I deserve all shots". type of guy. Thus only won 1 Ring.

You have to check your ego at the door if you want to win.

YAALREADYKNO
11-10-2015, 01:12 PM
You're a troll. Why would Duncan have to run out and guard the three point line. He really didn't at all in the 14 Finals. He let bosh shoot all the long jumpers and threes he wanted and it payed off for Duncan because he was able to keep lebrat out of the lane completely and control the game that way.
Bosh shooting 6-7 threes a game is not going to beat a super team.

Lebron would win in the 60 and 70's. Sure, but not 10 titles in a row. Havlicek, Jones, Cousy, and Russell all fit so well as a team. One can't just automatically assume that LeBron would have the same chemistry with them. Remember LeBron plays in a very weak NBA and an even weaker East and he failed to win the Title wiith Super team 3 years now. He's 2 and 3 on Super Teams. Or 2 out of 5.

You could put him on the Celtics Super team and I'm guessing more like 6-7 titles and that is factoring era and it's being very very kind to Lebron. Honestly Lebron is much more like Jerry West than Havlicek. West was a "everyone look at me guy" " I deserve all shots". type of guy. Thus only won 1 Ring.

You have to check your ego at the door if you want to win.

Bosh was just horrible that series and he isn't a natural 3pt shooting big. He worked on it since he came to Miami and He's gotten better but by no means was it natural to him.
That series if you watched was lebron or bust. Nobody in that series was helping lebron. Lebron still got his that series so I don't think Duncan really kept him out of the lane. He was the only consistent player on the heat in those finals.

If you really think lebron would not win 10 straight with those celtics teams then you're outta your mind. He was a superior player to Havlicek and it's not that hard to see. Havlicek won 4 of his championships being a role player.

There's no use in going on about this debate because it's proven you're a lebron hater and everything great he does will always be down played by you. Perfect example is you taking a prime kg over prime lebron 😂😂😂. How do you keep calling lebron a loser when he's 2-4 in the NBA FINALS but ignore the fact that kg was bounced in the first round for 6 straight seasons? Smh

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 01:12 PM
There are several great athletes today just like there are several from back then. It's just that highlights are pumped at you 24 7 today so you see more today.

Hawkins
Gervin
Kareem
Erving
G. Johnson
D. Thompson
Professional athletes today just operate at a much higher level than athletes did 40-50 years ago. That's not an opinion. That's cold, hard fact. That's why athletes today are regularly breaking records in things like swimming, track and field, etc. They're stronger, faster and just generally more athletic. And that's no knock on athletes from half a century a go. Technology and science have just advanced, we have better supplements, training regiments and know more about the body today than we did then.

So, I'm sorry if your list of a handful of players doesn't sway me in this argument. It just holds no weight whatsoever.

Wilt Chamberlain, you may have heard of him
You mean the guy who also had a 2-4 Finals record, a point that you conveniently ignored earlier this morning in a different post? Yeah, I've heard of him. ;)

Robertson was a very STRONG guard. Go look at him in his prime and tell me a Shooting guard or point guard today that was as built and strong.
There are plenty. And just because there are a few exceptions of athletes, like Oscar, who could compete in today's NBA doesn't mean that the league as a whole was more athletic. They're the exception, not the norm.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Lebron has averaged better than a 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio over his career, which is better than most point guards. He's an excellent passer, and you're wrong. If you're talking about Harden here (which you should have specified better), he's still a well above average playmaker and passer for a wing. He does have a high turnover rate, but it's not because he's making poor decisions with his passes so much as he drives the lane a lot and loses the ball or gets called for offensive fouls. As a Rockets fan, I can assure you that Harden is the best playmaker the Rockets have had pretty much since I've been watching Rockets basketball in the mid-90s.

You mean the guy who has averaged around or better than a 60% TS% the last five consecutive seasons and is one of the most efficient offensive players in the NBA? Because that guy is an offensive juggernaut. Give credit where credit is due.

Ever heard of this thing called sample size? A 6-7 game stretch is not how you should judge any athlete, much less in professional basketball where they play 80-100 games per season.

Harden has been a much, much better defender over the last season than he gets credit for and just continues to get crapped on because of his poor defensive play his first two years in Houston. Trust me. This version of James Harden is at least an average defender and has made more than his fair share of plays on the defensive side of the ball in the last year.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=mightybosstone;30497702]Professional athletes today just operate at a much higher level than athletes did 40

Well you're wrong about athletes. They were better in the 70's 80's and 90's. Look at Vince Carter for instance. Find me a dunker from THIS era that dunks and jumps like him. You can't. See I got you big time there. I know everyone loves Vince. Well guess what he's from like 2 eras ago really. He was drafted in 98 and he was already about 22 years old at the time. He was born in 76 I believe. That's a long time ago. He's of an a better era. Now watch you ignore that fact about Vince Carter. You ignore all the facts.

Yes I saw you mention Wilt and his 2-4 Finals record. I didn't know it was that bad, I was maybe thinking more like 2 - 2 in the Finals actually I just thought he had a tough time actually getting to the Finals being in the East back then. The East was very good back then.
Also I rank Wilt as about the 18th best professional basketball player ever. A very noble and high ranking actually. Some like you probably put him 2.

Can you explain why players in the 70's could handle the basketball like it was a grapefruit? Also could you explain the shear power of some of them like the Big E, Wes Unseld, Willis Reed, Oscar Robertson?

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:29 PM
yeah, harden the guy that gets bailed out by the refs 15 times every game. Unless it's playoff time and real money is on the line.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Bosh was just horrible that series and he isn't a natural 3pt shooting big. He worked on it since he came to Miami and He's gotten better but by no means was it natural to him.
That series if you watched was lebron or bust. Nobody in that series was helping lebron. Lebron still got his that series so I don't think Duncan really kept him out of the lane. He was the only consistent player on the heat in those finals.

If you really think lebron would not win 10 straight with those celtics teams then you're outta your mind. He was a superior player to Havlicek and it's not that hard to see. Havlicek won 4 of his championships being a role player.

There's no use in going on about this debate because it's proven you're a lebron hater and everything great he does will always be down played by you. Perfect example is you taking a prime kg over prime lebron ������. How do you keep calling lebron a loser when he's 2-4 in the NBA FINALS but ignore the fact that kg was bounced in the first round for 6 straight seasons? Smh

excuses excuses.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Well you're wrong about athletes. They were better in the 70's 80's and 90's.
First off, you're spanning three decades with your arguments. I'm not talking about the 90s. The 90s is when the league saw a substantial uptick in talent and athleticism. I'm talking about the 60s and 70s. You don't get to randomly jump up 20+ years to help your argument. That's not how this whole debate thing works.

Look at Vince Carter for instance. Find me a dunker from THIS era that dunks and jumps like him. You can't. See I got you big time there. I know everyone loves Vince. Well guess what he's from like 2 eras ago really. He was drafted in 98 and he was already about 22 years old at the time. He was born in 76 I believe. That's a long time ago. He's of an a better era. Now watch you ignore that fact about Vince Carter. You ignore all the facts.
:laugh: Are you kidding me? To prove your point about athletes from the 60s and 70s being superior, you pick a player who is still in the league and was drafted in 1999? You can't really be this incompetent. :facepalm:

Yes I saw you mention Wilt and his 2-4 Finals record. I didn't know it was that bad, I was maybe thinking more like 2 - 2 in the Finals actually I just thought he had a tough time actually getting to the Finals being in the East back then. The East was very good back then.
He also played in a league with about half as many teams.

Also I rank Wilt as about the 18th best professional basketball player ever. A very noble and high ranking actually. Some like you probably put him 2.
That's extremely specific. I'd like to see your list of top 20 players. I'm fairly certain it will be crucified by the PSD masses in a matter of minutes.

Can you explain why players in the 70's could handle the basketball like it was a grapefruit? Also could you explain the shear power of some of them like the Big E, Wes Unseld, Willis Reed, Oscar Robertson?
WTF are you talking about? You're just rambling on with complete nonsense. Yeah, those guys were good. I'm not debating that. But if you took the entirety of the league from the 60s and 70s and compared it to the league from the last 20 years, today's athletes would be far superior. This isn't even debatable. You're just using a handful of random examples to try to prove a point that has no merit whatsoever.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:43 PM
you didn't see Jordan every year saying, "**** man, I need a legit stretch 4", or "**** man, Pippen is only averaging 15 in the finals"

Lebron is pushing 6'9 and weighs 265 all muscle and he was taking 20 LOOONNNGGG jumpers a game.
Trust me fool Duncan was keeping him out of the lane. He didn't want to get packed in the Finals by Tim Duncan.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 01:46 PM
yeah, harden the guy that gets bailed out by the refs 15 times every game. Unless it's playoff time and real money is on the line.

If he were bailed out 15 times per game, he would be shooting 30+ free throws a night. Quit with the hyperbole and debate like an adult. As for his playoff performances, how about giving him some credit for the hyperefficient 27/8/6/2 he put up in the postseason last year?

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:50 PM
First off, you're spanning three decades with your arguments. I'm not talking about the 90s. The 90s is when the league saw a substantial uptick in talent and athleticism. I'm talking about the 60s and 70s. You don't get to randomly jump up 20+ years to help your argument. That's not how this whole debate thing works.

:laugh: Are you kidding me? To prove your point about athletes from the 60s and 70s being superior, you pick a player who is still in the league and was drafted in 1999? You can't really be this incompetent. :facepalm:

He also played in a league with about half as many teams.

That's extremely specific. I'd like to see your list of top 20 players. I'm fairly certain it will be crucified by the PSD masses in a matter of minutes.

WTF are you talking about? You're just rambling on with complete nonsense. Yeah, those guys were good. I'm not debating that. But if you took the entirety of the league from the 60s and 70s and compared it to the league from the last 20 years, today's athletes would be far superior. This isn't even debatable. You're just using a handful of random examples to try to prove a point that has no merit whatsoever.

I'm not using a "few" examples. I could list 300 AWESOME ATHLETES FROM THE NBA BACK THEN.

I like the way now you're trying to pull from the AWESOME 90's Talent and Athleticism. I see you backing off you dumb statement now.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 01:56 PM
You missed my point. you were saying athletes are better TODAY.... I disproved that very quickly with a reference we all know very well Vince Carter who was drafted in 98 actually not 99. That shows you don't know what you're talking about.

You were trying to claim that athletes get better and better each year, But the League hasn't seen an athlete like Vince Carter drafted in the last 17 years.

17 Years is a pretty long time really.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 02:08 PM
You missed my point. you were saying athletes are better TODAY...
Wow. I didn't think I had to clarify that by "today" I meant athletes in the last few years. It's fairly common sense to most people, but I probably should have considered who I was talking to. :eyebrow:

I disproved that very quickly with a reference we all know very well Vince Carter who was drafted in 98 actually dumbass. That shows you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm off by a single year in his draft date and that makes me a dumbass. Okay. You have a complete fundamental misunderstanding of historical comparisons when it comes to sports and completely disregard all logic when debating sports in the first place. If I'm an idiot, what does that make you? Also, if your goal is to have fun on PSD and enjoy civil debate about sports, you're failing to do that miserably. You're inching ever closer to being blocked and/or reported.

You were trying to claim that athletes get better and better each year, But the League hasn't seen an athlete like Vince Carter drafted in the last 17 years.
That's nonsense. There have been a ton of athletes drafted since then that have been on Carter's level. That Lebron James guy is a pretty good example. Peak Wade was a freak athlete, as was Iguodala and a slew of other wing players. And AGAIN, my point WASN'T that players in the 90s and 2000s were athletically inferior to players currently playing in the league right now. It was that players in the 60s and 70s aren't as athletic as players from the last 15-20 years. You're arguing with a point I never made and don't agree with, so your point is a moot one.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 02:20 PM
so you put down 2 or 3 examples and by that you say everyone is more athletic in 2015 than everyone in 1995 or 1975.

By which those examples aren't the better athlete over Vince Carter.

Nor are they the athletes of Wilt Chamberlain or Julius Erving.

mightybosstone
11-10-2015, 02:28 PM
so you put down 2 or 3 examples and by that you say everyone is more athletic in 2015 than everyone in 1995 or 1975.

By which those examples aren't the better athlete over Vince Carter.

Nor are they the athletes of Wilt Chamberlain or Julius Erving.

I'm not going to debate a point that I never made in the first place. If you want to talk athletes in the 60s and 70s versus athletes from the 90s to 2010s, we can have that conversation. Otherwise, I think I'm done here.

t_money25
11-10-2015, 02:49 PM
The OP here clearly is a horrible judge of athletic talent

phantasyyy
11-10-2015, 02:54 PM
mightybosstone getting trolled like no tomorrow, but I don't think he notices?? :clap:

the fact that this thread went the span of 4 pages is amazing in itself hahahah great 10mins of entertainment =D

Scoots
11-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Trollier and trollier.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 03:05 PM
scoots is a troller troll. you say nothing about basketball ever. just troll and write down troll stuff.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2015, 03:05 PM
D. Howard
T. Duncan
D. Green
J. Butler
S. Curry
---------------
K. Leonard
K. Love
L. James
D. Wade
B. Griffin
A. Drummund
R. Westbrook
K. Durant

Coach S. Van Gundy

I wouldn't have Green or Howard in there. But LeBron is regressing though. He has lots of miles. Waiting for the Cavs to fall apart within three years then the window for my Bucks open up for a chance at championship. Howard hasn't been the same since his Orlando days. Seems like he's no more Superman. More like a Clark Kent. Could see Howard passed around the league in trades like Shaq soon enough.

AirPippen33
11-10-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm the best ever. I was the one that took Wilt from 2 to 10. I went on YOUTUBE as TOD WILKINSON and wrote about his 39% FT% in the Playoffs and his 17ppg per36 minutes in the playoffs. Then people really didn't think of him as such a great basketball player.

I know more about basketball more than you would ever dream.

I also got Reggie Miller and Chris Webber into the top 40 all time.

Also am getting Kemp into the top 20 based on prime all time.

I also was the one that started saying no one likes to play on the same team with kobe and that he's a hog. Then about a year late it caught on. Now you hear all the experts like my self at TNT saying the same thing I was saying first.

YEA I DID THAT. I did it was Tod Wilkinson on Youtube NBA Videos.

Also I took LeBron down to for all the excuses he makes and all the terrible losses where he shoots in the 30%'s
And how he's never beaten a team that was favored over him. He's not a winner. He's an excuse maker and whinner. I don't even care to get into it. I already destroyed him after the 14 Finals and 15 Finals for his poor shooting games and lack of desire to win. And if he would just take his beating and move on, I'd be fine with him. But he makes excuses all the time. Yet he has NBA players on his team.

Anyway ask Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Shaquille Oneal and any other NBA expert today and they won't put lebrat in the top 10 or anywhere near it . Heck they barely put Tim Duncan with his 5 Rings in the top 10.

Htownballa1622
11-10-2015, 03:16 PM
What's this guy's previous name?

Is it thuglifej's dad? :laugh:

phantasyyy
11-10-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm the best ever. I was the one that took Wilt from 2 to 10. I went on YOUTUBE as TOD WILKINSON and wrote about his 39% FT% in the Playoffs and his 17ppg per36 minutes in the playoffs. Then people really didn't think of him as such a great basketball player.

I know more about basketball more than you would ever dream.

I also got Reggie Miller and Chris Webber into the top 40 all time.

Also am getting Kemp into the top 20 based on prime all time.

I also was the one that started saying no one likes to play on the same team with kobe and that he's a hog. Then about a year late it caught on. Now you hear all the experts like my self at TNT saying the same thing I was saying first.

YEA I DID THAT. I did it was Tod Wilkinson on Youtube NBA Videos.

Also I took LeBron down to for all the excuses he makes and all the terrible losses where he shoots in the 30%'s
And how he's never beaten a team that was favored over him. He's not a winner. He's an excuse maker and whinner. I don't even care to get into it. I already destroyed him after the 14 Finals and 15 Finals for his poor shooting games and lack of desire to win. And if he would just take his beating and move on, I'd be fine with him. But he makes excuses all the time. Yet he has NBA players on his team.

Anyway ask Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Shaquille Oneal and any other NBA expert today and they won't put lebrat in the top 10 or anywhere near it . Heck they barely put Tim Duncan with his 5 Rings in the top 10.

Yes you truly are the best ever...troll its amazing how much free time you have :D

Saddletramp
11-10-2015, 03:27 PM
What's this guy's previous name?

Is it thuglifej's dad? :laugh:

No, it's BornReady. He came and (quickly) went about a year ago. Got banned and he's back, which I thought was against the forum rules. He'll be gone soon enough.

Chicago fan that hated Harden but likes Howard, posted like crazy as soon as he showed up, talked about how much better the "good ol' days" were. Yeah, as soon as a mod believes me, they'll ban him again.

MBT, you got caught up in it. Happens to all of us.

Htownballa1622
11-10-2015, 03:48 PM
No, it's BornReady. He came and (quickly) went about a year ago. Got banned and he's back, which I thought was against the forum rules. He'll be gone soon enough.

Chicago fan that hated Harden but likes Howard, posted like crazy as soon as he showed up, talked about how much better the "good ol' days" were. Yeah, as soon as a mod believes me, they'll ban him again.

MBT, you got caught up in it. Happens to all of us.

Ah, you're right. Good call.

I thought these were going to be his all nba team selections then turned it into what team he'd want for the Olympics. lol.

WaDe03
11-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Hahaha I thought you might be TodWilkinson. I remember you were getting roasted in the all-time thread last year for trying to put Ewing over Wade and other guys in the top 20.

Scoots
11-10-2015, 04:55 PM
scoots is a troller troll. you say nothing about basketball ever. just troll and write down troll stuff.

Do a search. Oh wait, you can't respond because you've been banned. :(

kdspurman
11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Closing for obvious reasons