PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the series if they met in the WCFs Warriors VS Spurs?

SPURSFAN1
11-03-2015, 10:02 PM
I got Spurs. Match-up wise, the Warriors can't stop the Spurs.

tredigs
11-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Worry about getting out of the 1st round this year.

SPURSFAN1
11-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Ignoring the question all together and being defensive. Warrior fans to a T. :laugh:

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-03-2015, 10:23 PM
The only legit contenders in the West are the Spurs, OKC, and the Warriors. It's weird though because I think

Spurs vs Warriors = Spurs win
OKC vs Spurs = OKC wins
Warriors vs OKC= Warriors win

It's all about match-ups. If I had to pick which is the best team from the three of them it would be extremely tough but I would choose the Spurs very very very slightly ahead of the Warriors.

SPURSFAN1
11-03-2015, 10:29 PM
The only legit contenders in the West are the Spurs, OKC, and the Warriors. It's weird though because I think

OKC vs Spurs = OKC wins

It's all about match-ups. If I had to pick which is the best team from the three of them it would be extremely tough but I would choose the Spurs very very very slightly ahead of the Warriors.

Thanks for your opinion on the topic unlike certain fans.

tredigs
11-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Lol yes, let's take the troll seriously. Your posting certainly demands that.

Hotone1401
11-03-2015, 11:07 PM

OKC vs Spurs = OKC wins

Pretty much this.

Avenged
11-03-2015, 11:19 PM
The Warriors would wipe the floor. Sorry not even close. Next.

More-Than-Most
11-03-2015, 11:23 PM
the warriors have the most talent from top to bottom i have seen on any roster in 20 years... Not only do they win but they win in 5 against any WC team... I said all along that a healthy cavs team isnt even close to this team when people were making excuses for the cavs last year... The warriors are to good from top to bottom and the only team that stands a chance is the spurs and I still dont think it would be a close series... I think warriors beat the spurs in 5 with 3 blow outs.

lakerfan85
11-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Yeah.. Warriors are the best team in the league right now..

SPURSFAN1
11-03-2015, 11:36 PM
The Warriors would wipe the floor. Sorry not even close. Next.

That's cool and all but they have yet to show that vs the Spurs. 4-1 Spurs in a series.

SPURSFAN1
11-03-2015, 11:47 PM
2014-15 Season
Score Streak Head-to-Head
156. Apr 5, 2015 San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors W 107 - 92
Spurs won 1
103 - 53
155. Feb 20, 2015 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors L 99 - 110
Warriors won 1
102 - 53
154. Nov 11, 2014 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors W 113 - 100
Spurs won 5
102 - 52

2013-14 Season
Score Streak Head-to-Head
153. Apr 2, 2014 San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors W 111 - 90
Spurs won 4
101 - 52
152. Mar 22, 2014 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors W 99 - 90
Spurs won 3
100 - 52
151. Dec 19, 2013 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors W 104 - 102
Spurs won 2
99 - 52
150. Nov 8, 2013 San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors W 76 - 74
Spurs won 1
98 - 52

Also that 4-2 Playoff series in 2013.

What are Warrior fans gonna say now?

tredigs
11-03-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't think you get it lol. The Warriors fans don't really need to say anything. The Spurs couldn't beat the Clips in the 1st round. It's on them (and again on the Warriors) to win enough games in the post-season to be able to play each other. I will say that the Warriors are better every day and showing games from 2 years ago in projecting what will happen 8 months from now is only illuminating your cluelessness.

If I'm taking the thread seriously and pretending KDSpurman made it instead of the troll, I'd say that the most likely result-range if both teams were healthy would be the Warriors winning in 5, to the Spurs winning in 7. I don't think the Spurs could win in 6 or less against this current incarnation of the Dubs, and frankly given that the Warriors will most likely have HCA if this series does go down this season, I think their chances of winning a game 7 in Oracle are slim. ~85% Warriors win the series despite the Spurs past success against them. TP and Manu are too far removed from their former selves, and while LMA is a nice addition, I actually fear them more with a stronger defensive presence. And not even Kawhi can stay in front of Curry at this point. He's gotten too good.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 12:00 AM
I do get it. Just because we lost in the playoffs the year before doesn't mean jack if the cogs of those rosters stay the same. No one said the Spurs were done in 2004 or 2006 just cause the Spurs lost. Dumb logic if you ask me. Spurs 5 time champs with the same personnel and adding LMA+West is just too much for any team including the Warriors.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Spurs 10- Warriors 3 games. The last 13 games played. I hope not all Warrior fans are as delusional as you. It's no secret the Warriors don't want to see the Spurs in the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Warriors.... no doubt. I think they actually match up very well. Bogut or Barnes, or Green can work on LMA. Iggy can work on Leonard. Then Curry and Thompson outclass the Spurs back court quite easily.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 12:21 AM
Warriors.... no doubt. I think they actually match up very well. Bogut or Barnes, or Green can work on LMA. Iggy can work on Leonard. Then Curry and Thompson outclass the Spurs back court quite easily.

No one has an answer for Leonard first of all.

Curry and Klay are known to get shut down by Leonard and Green.

LMA and Duncan are gonna feast like they usually do. Patty and Manu going to drop bombs.

Parker is going to be bad, but doesn't change that the Warriors team can't play the Spurs like other teams.

Bostonjorge
11-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Spurs would lose for sure against the clippers. Blake is the Spurs killer.

As for the Warriors and Spurs. Would be a great series I like the Warriors in 7.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
11-04-2015, 12:50 AM
I think there is a slim chance that they get to play against each other this year in the playoffs unless they both get lucky. More so the Spurs getting Lucky. I feel that OKC vs SA would be extremely close as would a SA vs LAC series! I think GS vs both OKC and LAC would end in 6 with GS winning unless Russ and KD ball out and get tons of support from the rest of the team same goes with Blake and CP3 playing extremely well with a lot of help from JJ, Lance, Paul P, and DJ. Both of those things arent out of the question. I could see OKC/LAC beating GS just dont think its likely. The weird part is that while I personally feel that SA could lose a series to OKC/LAC while GS beats them at least 6 of 10 times in a best of 7 and probably 8 of 10 times, but if SA does get a series vs GS i feel that they could beat them because of the match ups. Although if Curry is hot all series that changes things. I just feel that TD and LA would be too much for Bogut and Green. Than I think Kawhi wins his 1 on 1 match up threw out the series while Curry and Klay win the battle of back courts. Another factor is that Leonard may not be able to stop Curry but I think Pop would put him on Klay and just try to make Curry beat them.

I could be totally wrong on all of this and most likely will be lol. Thats just how I personally can see the West playoffs playing out. There is no way that anyone knows right now. There are 4 maybe 5 teams in the West in LAC,SA,OKC,GS, and maybe MEM that could end up repping the West in the Finals and I dont think anyone could really say that they're surprised by it.

More-Than-Most
11-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Spurs 10- Warriors 3 games. The last 13 games played. I hope not all Warrior fans are as delusional as you. It's no secret the Warriors don't want to see the Spurs in the playoffs.

You dont get it... its not the warriors fault the spurs were one and done against the clippers team and you using crap from 2 years ago has no relevance here because the warriors players matured/got better and the spurs whom have also gotten deeper have key players that were old 2 years ago and are 2 years older now with a ton more miles on them... I think the spurs are the 2nd best team in the league but the warriors are in a class of their own because their team is better from the top to the bottom and I am not even a warriors fan... I am a basketball fan but if you honestly cant see how insane this warriors team is I cant help you and they have showed everything in the first few games to prove those thoughts right.... Could the spurs win? Possibly... Anything is possible... I doubt it would even be close though... Warriors in 5 with 2-3 10 plus point victories and one game over by half.

Warriors

Spurs
Cavs

Everyone else.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Same thing said last year. Still lost 2-1. :confused:

More-Than-Most
11-04-2015, 01:34 AM
Same thing said last year. Still lost 2-1. :confused:

Regular season doh... can throw out a ton of regular season standings from bad teams that beat good teams.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Regular season doh... can throw out a ton of regular season standings from bad teams that beat good teams.

Didn't know Spurs were a bad team.

More-Than-Most
11-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Didn't know Spurs were a bad team.

Wow... I am speechless. Thank you for making this easy for me.

kdspurman
11-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Eh... We'll see. Last year I felt more confident, I knew our team and the chemistry and what not. This year, lot of waiting and seeing as the season progresses. Trust/chemistry etc... Steph's #'s against us are usually lower, and that's when Green/Joseph defended him the majority of the time, so w/o Joseph, that's an adjustment for Pop. Leonard typically makes you forget Klay Thompson is even playing. So other guys would need to step up

Because of our wing defenders, I feel it'd be a 6 or 7 game series and I feel confident saying that. If GS had HCA, I'd say SA in 6 or GS in 7. GS has some advantages on us and we've got our match up advantages as well. There's depth, shooting, defense, etc... on both ends. Both obviously well coached. SA is very capable and proven to win games in Oracle, typically one of the few teams who can say they do it fairly consistently. There is like a mental/big brother feeling when I see them play. But eventually, that tide turns as teams get better, so who the hell really knows.

Honestly, It's just way too early to even talk about this, barely 5 games into the season. So much ball left to be played, and a couple other great teams out West aren't going to roll over just for this match up to happen. For our sake (haven't looked at the schedule that far yet) I hope all our games against them aren't on the 2nd night of a B2B like last year. Actually, I think 1 was on the front end and 2 on the back end. It just makes for better basketball. I would enjoy watching the best defender in the game against the hottest offensive player in the game though. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 02:00 AM
Wow... I am speechless. Thank you for making this easy for me.

That's what you said. :confused:

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 02:00 AM
Great write up KD. :clap:

FlashBolt
11-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Kawhi vs Curry would be interesting. I still think the Spurs are going to win.

Chronz
11-04-2015, 03:40 AM

OKC vs Spurs = OKC wins

Yeah but you're like a Lakers fan tho so....

LegendX
11-04-2015, 05:39 AM
No one has an answer for Leonard first of all.

Curry and Klay are known to get shut down by Leonard and Green.

LMA and Duncan are gonna feast like they usually do. Patty and Manu going to drop bombs.

Parker is going to be bad, but doesn't change that the Warriors team can't play the Spurs like other teams.

Iggy's Finals MVP trophy says "Hi."

The more I read the more this seems like a troll-thread. You're offering no real argument except "x-team/player can't do this because y-team/player is so good"

I like the Spurs a lot, I respect them, but you make it sound like they would walk all over the defending champs, who look unstoppable thus far.

SPURSFAN1
11-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Iggy's Finals MVP trophy says "Hi."

The more I read the more this seems like a troll-thread. You're offering no real argument except "x-team/player can't do this because y-team/player is so good"

I like the Spurs a lot, I respect them, but you make it sound like they would walk all over the defending champs, who look unstoppable thus far.

In the sense that anytime they play, no one has been able to stop Kawhi including FMVP iggy. lol

Vee-Rex
11-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Check out my sig. That's all you need to know about the OP.

likemystylez
11-04-2015, 11:06 AM

OKC vs Spurs = OKC wins

its funny, last year at this time- the national media was saying that memphis and SA were two teams the warriors needed to avoid because they didnt match up well.

Warriors have addressed the concern with Memphis, maybe by the end of the year they can address the concern with the spurs as well.

For some reason, last year warriors didnt play the same way against the spurs. I dont just mean they missed shots. They didnt move the ball, they didnt seem as focused- it was almost as if the players bought into the prediction that they couldnt match up with the spurs so they all tried to go one on one. (Horrible thing to do against the spurs)

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Yeah but you're like a Lakers fan tho so....

Your point is? Someone got their feelings hurt because I didn't include the Clippers? Sorry, the truth is the Clippers won't be winning a championship anytime soon.

ewing
11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
There is no way to answer this question. I think part of the reason the Spurs are up and down in the playoffs is b/c of how old they are and b/c how healthy these guys are is a crap shoot. I will say am very surprised that did not look to get a play making guard this off season.

YAALREADYKNO
11-04-2015, 03:02 PM
warriors in a tough 7 game series just basing it off of what I've seen so far this season. Aldridge still looks like hes still trying to find himself in the spurs offense but maybe a few more games into the season and well see how the spurs really look like.

Chronz
11-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Your point is? Someone got their feelings hurt because I didn't include the Clippers? Sorry, the truth is the Clippers won't be winning a championship anytime soon.

And tomorrows lotto numbers?

Big Zo
11-04-2015, 04:14 PM
If healthy, I think SA takes a **** on the Dubs.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2015, 04:45 PM
I call troll.

Saddletramp
11-04-2015, 05:44 PM
The Spurs are never out until they're out but the Warriors are playing at a different level than anyone this year and it's not close. If they stay healthy, my money's on them.

FlashBolt
11-04-2015, 06:28 PM
What do you guys think about Kawhi's defense on Curry? I know no one can truly stop Curry but that would probably be the deal breaker here. No doubt San Antonio has the better frontcourt and small forward but Warriors have a better backcourt for sure. Then you look at coaching, no contest. As for the bench, I think we all know how lethal San Antonio's bench is. Warriors have a great bench as well. This will be an amazing series so lets hope both teams get to that point.

kdspurman
11-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I think Kawhi would impact Currys game a great deal honestly

bgdreton
11-04-2015, 09:13 PM
I think Kawhi would impact Currys game a great deal honestly

I don't think he would much. Especially this version of Curry.

kdspurman
11-04-2015, 09:23 PM

The way Curry is playing on offense is how Kawhi is playing on defense. Currys numbers have typically been below his Avg numbers against SA anyway.

He impacts bigger players in a big way, with Curry he can cover more ground with his wingspan. Saw a little of it last year when he covered him in their 3rd meeting

kobe4thewinbang
11-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Wipe the floor with the Spurs? Best joke of the century. Warriors might win 2 games, but Spurs would win. They have better defenders and can almost match the long range shooting. When GS is on fire, they're ok fire but we've all seen Curry *and* Klay brick it up. Against Spurs defense, assuming Spurs are healthy, GS gonna be settling for a lotta 3PT prayers.

bgdreton
11-04-2015, 10:44 PM

The way Curry is playing on offense is how Kawhi is playing on defense. Currys numbers have typically been below his Avg numbers against SA anyway.

He impacts bigger players in a big way, with Curry he can cover more ground with his wingspan. Saw a little of it last year when he covered him in their 3rd meeting

We are taking about this year and this year only. Maybe ....Lenard should concern himself with guarding Otto porter better and not letting him go 8 for 10 or Beal not go for 25 on him or beating the wizards for that matter. I get it you're a fan of Kawhi as you should be that's your team. You just act like he is locking everyone up all the time it just doesn't work that way. He is a great player no doubt but there is nothing you can do on a player when he is comfortable taking fade away 3's. Or overly contested 3's.

CityofChaos
11-05-2015, 03:10 AM
Why does everyone think the Spurs would absolutely destroy the Warriors and that they would have not won the championship had they seen the SA in the playoffs last season??? Let me make the assumption as to why: the Spurs beat the Warriors in the 2012-13 semifinals. Hmmm okay fair enough. BUT lets NOT ignore the fact that the Warriors were the only team to win 2 GAMES against the Spurs that year in the playoffs LET ALONE 1 WITHOUT A HEALTHY DAVID LEE when SA swept every western conference team aside from GSW before reaching the finals. YES that Warriors team with a Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson who has never tasted the playoffs before,a team where Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, and Festus Ezeli were ROOKIES not to mention a team who hadnt been to the playoffs in 6 years prior. There is no way in hell that SA would dismantle the Warriors as they are assembled now: with a better coaching staff and much improved Stephen Curry and defense. PERIOD.

nastynice
11-05-2015, 05:19 AM

oh man, I definitely WANT the spurs in the playoffs. Them and the clips. Would be great to watch. If I put money on it, I'd put money on the dubs. Even I'M legitimately surprised at how good they are looking right now.

nastynice
11-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Wipe the floor with the Spurs? Best joke of the century. Warriors might win 2 games, but Spurs would win. They have better defenders and can almost match the long range shooting. When GS is on fire, they're ok fire but we've all seen Curry *and* Klay brick it up. Against Spurs defense, assuming Spurs are healthy, GS gonna be settling for a lotta 3PT prayers.

yes, that's what curry and klay do. They throw up prayers.

Apparently god loves those two!!

nastynice
11-05-2015, 05:29 AM
I think the biggest thing here is that the single biggest thing the spurs had going against the warriors lately has been the parker pick and roll. He used to shoot an insane percentage against us with that. His game has dipped a bit lately and I don't think they'd be able to kill us with that anymore. That's why I'm pretty confident warriors would win.

Having said that tho, I have no clue how the new additions this off season are gonna pan out, really got to wait til the end of the year before we can start predicting these things

kobe4thewinbang
11-05-2015, 06:23 AM

Apparently god loves those two!!The point is they both have a little Kobe poison inside them, more so Curry.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 10:31 AM
We are taking about this year and this year only. Maybe ....Lenard should concern himself with guarding Otto porter better and not letting him go 8 for 10 or Beal not go for 25 on him or beating the wizards for that matter. I get it you're a fan of Kawhi as you should be that's your team. You just act like he is locking everyone up all the time it just doesn't work that way. He is a great player no doubt but there is nothing you can do on a player when he is comfortable taking fade away 3's. Or overly contested 3's.

You're a GS fan I assume, so you're doing the same with Curry. Which is fine, you're defending your guy, I'm defending my guy. Both are fine players, and we won't know till they play each other. I will say Kawhi's wingspan and hand size gives him a unique advantage that many do not have or like Curry doesn't see regularly. So while I am sure Curry will still make a few of his crazy shots. I just happen to think they'll be limited.

I won't even address your "Leonard concerning himself w/Porter & Beal" (didn't realize he could guard 2 guys) that's just blasphemy and cherry picking stuff that you think matters in what we're discussing currently, when in actuality, it doesn't.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I think the biggest thing here is that the single biggest thing the spurs had going against the warriors lately has been the parker pick and roll. He used to shoot an insane percentage against us with that. His game has dipped a bit lately and I don't think they'd be able to kill us with that anymore. That's why I'm pretty confident warriors would win.

Having said that tho, I have no clue how the new additions this off season are gonna pan out, really got to wait til the end of the year before we can start predicting these things

Exactly... Far too early... That's why I said I felt more confident last year, I knew what our team was, I was confident in the chemistry etc.... This year is more of a wait & see. GS has the continuity going for them, which is typically a strength of SA.

ewing
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM

I find it real interesting what the Spurs did. It seems the last couple years the team has dropped a lot when Tony isn't 100% and Tony often isn't 100%. When you add in that Manu is no where near the play maker he was you would think that the Spurs would try to find someone that can drive and pass, play with the ball in the screen roll, etc. They did the opposite. They went and got big guys you can clear out for. I never doubt the Spurs anymore though so we will have to see how it plays out.

ewing
11-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Exactly... Far too early... That's why I said I felt more confident last year, I knew what our team was, I was confident in the chemistry etc.... This year is more of a wait & see. GS has the continuity going for them, which is typically a strength of SA.

Do you think the Spurs will play a slower pace this year and play more one on one in the half court? On paper Leonard, LA, and Timmy looks like your best options and all play well cleared out in the post

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Do you think the Spurs will play a slower pace this year and play more one on one in the half court? On paper Leonard, LA, and Timmy looks like your best options and all play well cleared out in the post

I think the starters will, at least at first. But the bench will be quick and pass heavy like usual w/Diaw/Mills/Manu running the show. They've actually looked good and have picked up the pace in a couple games.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I find it real interesting what the Spurs did. It seems the last couple years the team has dropped a lot when Tony isn't 100% and Tony often isn't 100%. When you add in that Manu is no where near the play maker he was you would think that the Spurs would try to find someone that can drive and pass, play with the ball in the screen roll, etc. They did the opposite. They went and got big guys you can clear out for. I never doubt the Spurs anymore though so we will have to see how it plays out.

Manu has looked really good early on, which has been a pleasant surprise. Tried a different summer workout and very early on, he looks good. Doing lots of good things. TP thus far, still rusty, but he's getting into the paint again and finishing around the rim which is also a good sign. Hamstring injuries take a long time to get right, I think in hindsight, after 3 deep runs from 2012-2014, an early exit may be a blessing in disguise for Tony and probably Manu.

likemystylez
11-05-2015, 11:42 AM

Apparently god loves those two!!

have you peeped klays shooting percentage this season- god hates him. he should take it to the hole a little bit more though. Seems like he isnt doing it as much.

ewing
11-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Manu has looked really good early on, which has been a pleasant surprise. Tried a different summer workout and very early on, he looks good. Doing lots of good things. TP thus far, still rusty, but he's getting into the paint again and finishing around the rim which is also a good sign. Hamstring injuries take a long time to get right, I think in hindsight, after 3 deep runs from 2012-2014, an early exit may be a blessing in disguise for Tony and probably Manu.

Wow thxs. interesting about Manu. He really looked like toast last year.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Wow thxs. interesting about Manu. He really looked like toast last year.

Yea, he didn't do anything really basketball related, he spent his summer weight-lighting and trying to get stronger. He's averaging 11 points and 4 assists in 20 mins while shooting 52% from the field and 47% from 3. So still very early, but he has looked really good considering his age/mileage.

I hope he's able to keep it up, I enjoy watching him play when he's healthy. Still so crafty and smart

Longhornfan1234
11-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Spurs are done. LMA is fat and inefficient. Duncan and LMA aren't coexisting. Spurs offense has looked terrible. They should have kept Bellini and Splitter.

bgdreton
11-05-2015, 01:24 PM
You're a GS fan I assume, so you're doing the same with Curry. Which is fine, you're defending your guy, I'm defending my guy. Both are fine players, and we won't know till they play each other. I will say Kawhi's wingspan and hand size gives him a unique advantage that many do not have or like Curry doesn't see regularly. So while I am sure Curry will still make a few of his crazy shots. I just happen to think they'll be limited.

I won't even address your "Leonard concerning himself w/Porter & Beal" (didn't realize he could guard 2 guys) that's just blasphemy and cherry picking stuff that you think matters in what we're discussing currently, when in actuality, it doesn't.

No you're missing the point. The point I was trying to make is you make it seem that Kawhi will lock Curry up every game or something. Yes he might get limited a couple baskets but he will still get his. The wizards comment was basically saying if he can't guard Beal or Otto porter well then how in the hell was he going to lock Curry up who is 10 times better? Anyway I say a 6 or 7 game series not sure who though.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 02:00 PM
No you're missing the point. The point I was trying to make is you make it seem that Kawhi will lock Curry up every game or something. Yes he might get limited a couple baskets but he will still get his. The wizards comment was basically saying if he can't guard Beal or Otto porter well then how in the hell was he going to lock Curry up who is 10 times better? Anyway I say a 6 or 7 game series not sure who though.

I don't think I ever said he would lock him up (if i did please point it out) I said I think he would impact his game for sure, and I stand by that. Idk how you took that to mean he would lock him up. I'm saying Kawhi would impact Curry's game and probably hold him to lower averages, but that doesn't mean he'd be locked up.

And I guess Beal/Potter are better then Durant/Melo considering what he did to those guys. Which is why I said cherry picking to help your argument, even though it's not relevant here

Hawkeye15
11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Warriors can and would beat anybody imo. Curry is on another planet, and they now have championship pedigree.

Hawkeye15
11-05-2015, 02:08 PM
wait, Leonard guarding Curry? That would be a nightmare for the Spurs, sorry.

nastynice
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
The point is they both have a little Kobe poison inside them, more so Curry.
I WISH they had Kobe poison. To my understanding, only two batches of that have ever been made...

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 02:46 PM
wait, Leonard guarding Curry? That would be a nightmare for the Spurs, sorry.

Did you watch Leonard guard Curry last year, or at all for that matter?

Bostonjorge
11-05-2015, 04:36 PM
After yesterday warriors would destroy the Spurs. Barnes playing the 4 is the X factor. If Blake and Jordan couldn't make them pay for it then it's over for everyone else.

bgdreton
11-05-2015, 04:39 PM

I don't think I ever said he would lock him up (if i did please point it out) I said I think he would impact his game for sure, and I stand by that. Idk how you took that to mean he would lock him up. I'm saying Kawhi would impact Curry's game and probably hold him to lower averages, but that doesn't mean he'd be locked up.

And I guess Beal/Potter are better then Durant/Melo considering what he did to those guys. Which is why I said cherry picking to help your argument, even though it's not relevant here

Its actually not just this thread it's been multiple threads where you point out curry won't get his vs the Spurs. And as far a cherry picking my point was Kawhi cant always lock people up that's why I pointed out the wiz game. Granted he is a phenomenal defender but holding Curry below his avg. would still be 25 pts. Plus his impact on spacing is higher than the points he scores anyway. You don't think he will get tired running around all those screens and chasing Curry the whole game? How will that effect his offense?

Yanks All Day
11-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Spurs are done. LMA is fat and inefficient. Duncan and LMA aren't coexisting. Spurs offense has looked terrible. They should have kept Bellini and Splitter.

4 games into the season.

I mean, right now, no one looks like they can match the Warriors. They look better than they did last year, which is saying something. I don't know, though, because they're in 2 completely different scenarios. The Warriors are just building on last year with the exact same team. They SHOULD be this goo this early. The Spurs are incorporating a star player into a new role. It could take a while. Look at Bosh in Miami and Love in Cleveland. Players don't gel right away.

Talent-wise, I think a healthy Spurs team is slightly better than the Warriors. Because Duncan and Aldrigde are just better than Bogut and Green down low. But I have never seen a team like Golden State, who can flip a switch and shoot the lights out of a gym. It would be an interesting series, but we have no idea what either team will look like in 6 months. The Spurs can sleep walk their way to 50 wins in the West, so I wouldn't worry too much about their first 4 games.

Either way, I think the class of the NBA are Golden State, Cleveland, and San Antonio. Any matchup between those teams (when healthy) is going to produce a great series.

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Its actually not just this thread it's been multiple threads where you point out curry won't get his vs the Spurs. And as far a cherry picking my point was Kawhi cant always lock people up that's why I pointed out the wiz game. Granted he is a phenomenal defender but holding Curry below his avg. would still be 25 pts. Plus his impact on spacing is higher than the points he scores anyway. You don't think he will get tired running around all those screens and chasing Curry the whole game? How will that effect his offense?

Are you serious? Do you have me confused for another Spurs fan on this site? (there are only a couple, and not many active) The most I've ever said was I liked our chances against the Warriors because of our wing defenders. You must have me confused with someone else.

I don't think there have been multiple threads with me talking anything like that, but if I'm wrong feel free to point them out

nastynice
11-05-2015, 07:18 PM
^^he probably means that spurfan1 guy, that guy's SUPER homer!! lol

ziglur
11-05-2015, 08:01 PM
the warriors have the most talent from top to bottom i have seen on any roster in 20 years... Not only do they win but they win in 5 against any WC team... I said all along that a healthy cavs team isnt even close to this team when people were making excuses for the cavs last year... The warriors are to good from top to bottom and the only team that stands a chance is the spurs and I still dont think it would be a close series... I think warriors beat the spurs in 5 with 3 blow outs.

They might have the most talent. But if you remember Thompson, Bogot and Barnes all wilted under the intensity Against the Cavs. If it werent for Iguodala they would have lost. If the Cavs would have been healthy they would have won for this reason. Okla and Spurs would beat them for this reason. Doesnt matter how good you are if you cant handle the pressure. If these players cant step up in the playoffs they will lose!

kdspurman
11-05-2015, 09:27 PM

That's what I thought initially, but idk lol. We all have our super homers in our fan bases

nastynice
11-05-2015, 09:37 PM
oh I know :)

bgdreton
11-06-2015, 12:53 AM

That's what I thought initially, but idk lol. We all have our super homers in our fan bases

Hahaha probably is him it's like we could be talking about how hot the sun is and he will come in and say Kawhi can guard him lol. My fault.

Allphakenny1
11-06-2015, 01:04 AM
They might have the most talent. But if you remember Thompson, Bogot and Barnes all wilted under the intensity Against the Cavs. If it werent for Iguodala they would have lost. If the Cavs would have been healthy they would have won for this reason. Okla and Spurs would beat them for this reason. Doesnt matter how good you are if you cant handle the pressure. If these players cant step up in the playoffs they will lose!

I think you are confused, the Warriors as a team stepped up when the pressure was on in the playoffs. They twice went down 2-1 in a series then dominated afterward. It seemed like they did not play their hardest early in series, but if they needed a win, they flipped the switch.

Longhornfan1234
11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
I got Spurs. Match-up wise, the Warriors can't stop the Spurs. http://computerstalk.com/red/images/53.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/41.gif http://computerstalk.com/red/images/40.gif

This isn't same spurs team. Spurs offense is now Leonard and LMA ISO ball. They lack viable 3 pt shooters. Parker is done.

kdspurman
11-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Hahaha probably is him it's like we could be talking about how hot the sun is and he will come in and say Kawhi can guard him lol. My fault.

No prob... That sounds like him from your example, lol...

FlashBolt
11-06-2015, 06:59 PM
I think you are confused, the Warriors as a team stepped up when the pressure was on in the playoffs. They twice went down 2-1 in a series then dominated afterward. It seemed like they did not play their hardest early in series, but if they needed a win, they flipped the switch.

Warriors stepped up but you can't deny that it just wore Cavs out since they were playing with a limited roster. I think 3 of their starters were out and two of their reserve starters (Shump/Delly) were playing through injuries. So while yes, they did step up their game, I think it had more to do with one team running out of fuel. Andre was the FMVP for sure. He hit the clutchest shots of the series.

tredigs
11-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Warriors stepped up but you can't deny that it just wore Cavs out since they were playing with a limited roster. I think 3 of their starters were out and two of their reserve starters (Shump/Delly) were playing through injuries. So while yes, they did step up their game, I think it had more to do with one team running out of fuel. Andre was the FMVP for sure. He hit the clutchest shots of the series.

Well eh, I'd still disagree with that. If we're being realistic and treating him to the litmus of a true Finals MVP, he made wide open shots that Curry (for the most part) created for him. Without Curry, the Warriors are absolutely destroyed. He had that team running in circles defensively even when his shot was off. There's really no question who the most important player for them was, despite Iggy hitting timely shots and playing solid D on 'Bron (how great was it though if half this site and nearly half the voters wanted to call 'bron MVP).

FlashBolt
11-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Well eh, I'd still disagree with that. If we're being realistic and treating him to the litmus of a true Finals MVP, he made wide open shots that Curry (for the most part) created for him. Without Curry, the Warriors are absolutely destroyed. He had that team running in circles defensively even when his shot was off. There's really no question who the most important player for them was, despite Iggy hitting timely shots and playing solid D on 'Bron (how great was it though if half this site and nearly half the voters wanted to call 'bron MVP).

Not looking at names here, Iggy definitely had more impact on the game. I don't want to buy into the creating shots ordeal because I'm sure Curry had shots created for him as well. Klay had shots created for him and he clunked most of it. Iggy hit them when it mattered and played overall great defense on LeBron. And viewers felt the same which is why Iggy received more votes than Curry.

Allphakenny1
11-06-2015, 10:56 PM

Have to disagree. The Warriors made a habit of allowing teams who had no business playing with them stick around. Then they turned it on when it mattered to win the game. They won 67 games playing with fire like that. They did the same thing in the playoffs. They did not look like a great team vs. Memphis until they went down 2-1, then they flipped the switch and dominated. They did not play Warrior ball in the finals until they went down 2-1, then they flipped a switch. i do not think it mattered at all if the Cavs were tired or not. When the Warriors turn it on they would have dominated no matter what. It was the Warriors being a little mentally weak that allowed the Cavs to win those two games. When the real Warriors showed up the Cavs had no shot.

This should not be a knock on the Cavs because they were playing without Love and Irving. I have absolutely no clue what would have happened if those two were healthy. It is just that people expect the Warriors to dominate when those two went down, and they did when they decided they wanted to. The Warriors last year just needed the pressure to turn it on, which is something they need to overcome this year.

Allphakenny1
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
BTW, Curry was the best player on the Warriors in the finals last year. The FMVP does not always go to the best player.

FlashBolt
11-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Have to disagree. The Warriors made a habit of allowing teams who had no business playing with them stick around. Then they turned it on when it mattered to win the game. They won 67 games playing with fire like that. They did the same thing in the playoffs. They did not look like a great team vs. Memphis until they went down 2-1, then they flipped the switch and dominated. They did not play Warrior ball in the finals until they went down 2-1, then they flipped a switch. i do not think it mattered at all if the Cavs were tired or not. When the Warriors turn it on they would have dominated no matter what. It was the Warriors being a little mentally weak that allowed the Cavs to win those two games. When the real Warriors showed up the Cavs had no shot.

This should not be a knock on the Cavs because they were playing without Love and Irving. I have absolutely no clue what would have happened if those two were healthy. It is just that people expect the Warriors to dominate when those two went down, and they did when they decided they wanted to. The Warriors last year just needed the pressure to turn it on, which is something they need to overcome this year.

Delly had to be put on IV after games.
James was clearly out of fuel. You can see that as the series dragged on.

Those were the two guys who handled Cleveland's offense and it all crashed. James was definitely out of gas. I think that's a no brainer.

"When the real Warriors showed up, Cavs had no chance." I wouldn't say had no chance but they were clearly a better team when they were clicking.

tredigs
11-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Not looking at names here, Iggy definitely had more impact on the game. I don't want to buy into the creating shots ordeal because I'm sure Curry had shots created for him as well. Klay had shots created for him and he clunked most of it. Iggy hit them when it mattered and played overall great defense on LeBron. And viewers felt the same which is why Iggy received more votes than Curry.

Lol bud, Curry averaged 26/5/6 on the same 58.5% TS as Iggy, and did it under a HELL of a lot more defensive pressure. If you "don't want to hear that Curry created for others" that's all well and good, but it's laughable to ignore that very real and very important fact. The Cavs D was predicated on overloading the defense on Curry and picking a player to leave open. That player was Iggy. And he made them pay for it. But, sorry, I'm just going to give more credit to the one who causes the player to be wide open rather than the player who finishes them at a decent clip (again, the same TS% as Curry on 10 less ppg when it was all said and done). There's a reason why Curry's game score, PER, WS/48, VORP, etc were the best in the Finals, and the playoffs overall. It's because he is by far their most important player and MVP, Finals included. Narrative be damned.

mightybosstone
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
As of right now, any answer other than the Warriors would be idiotic. The Spurs have to prove they belong in the same conversation as this Golden State team before we can start talking about them realistically beating them in a seven-game series. Right now the Warriors are just head and shoulders above every other team in the league. I wouldn't take any team in the NBA right now over this team. They're scary good.

FlashBolt
11-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Lol bud, Curry averaged 26/5/6 on the same 58.5% TS as Iggy, and did it under a HELL of a lot more defensive pressure. If you "don't want to hear that Curry created for others" that's all well and good, but it's laughable to ignore that very real and very important fact. The Cavs D was predicated on overloading the defense on Curry and picking a player to leave open. That player was Iggy. And he made them pay for it. But, sorry, I'm just going to give more credit to the one who causes the player to be wide open rather than the player who finishes them at a decent clip (again, the same TS% as Curry on 10 less ppg when it was all said and done). There's a reason why Curry's game score, PER, WS/48, VORP, etc were the best in the Finals, and the playoffs overall. It's because he is by far their most important player and MVP, Finals included. Narrative be damned.

So all the other voters must be wrong too because Tredigs has some nice stats? Lol, stop it. You're in love with Curry or something. I don't hate Curry and I praise him. But anyone with eyeballs could see that Andre was their most impactful player on both ends of the floor. Okay, let's give Curry the credit there but not give credit to Curry's teammates who also made it easier for Curry. Let's not give Andre Iggy the credit of defending the best player in the world for the entire series. Let's not give credit to anyone but Curry because well, he's [I]your[I] favorite player. Sorry, the FMVP goes to the guy who played amazing in every game and excelled from his regular season #'s. The guy who came off the bench and starts and STILL makes an impact. You just proved it... same TS%, since when was Iggy known for his TS%? Funny how you also ignore that Curry has a higher USG% leading to higher numbers.. But let's not talk about that because it doesn't make Curry look like a God to you. Everyone has had it with your Curry infatuation. Most GSW fans would agree that Iggy deserved that FMVP. You're turning worse than any other homer I've seen here.

likemystylez
11-07-2015, 08:19 PM
As of right now, any answer other than the Warriors would be idiotic. The Spurs have to prove they belong in the same conversation as this Golden State team before we can start talking about them realistically beating them in a seven-game series. Right now the Warriors are just head and shoulders above every other team in the league. I wouldn't take any team in the NBA right now over this team. They're scary good.

Its getting to the point where the warriors are going to have to have a bad game AND their opponent is going to have to be playing well above average for the warriors to lose.

Warriors had a bad game against the clippers, and a horrible second half against denver. Thats really other teams only hope on keeping up with the warriors

tredigs
11-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Meh. Too real.

Saddletramp
11-08-2015, 06:02 AM
tredigs: relevant wannabe since he roots for the Warriors. Also, absolute annoyance.

tredigs
11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
tredigs: relevant wannabe since he roots for the Warriors. Also, absolute annoyance.

Yes, since I started on here only after the Warriors were contenders. Valid point.

Saddletramp
11-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Yes, since I started on here only after the Warriors were contenders. Valid point.

Yeah, that matters, King of the Fans.

Meh, this stuff is garbage. One of the reasons this place sucks these days is because we're all dicks to each other. Hopefully I'm over it.

mightybosstone
11-08-2015, 11:15 AM
At the beginning of the season, I would have easily taken the field over the Warriors to come out of the West, but I'm on the opposite end of that conversation as of right now. It's important to note, though, that the other four major contenders in the West made some pretty substantial changes to their rotations or coaching staffs in the offseason, so they're going through some growing pains right now compared to a Warriors team that is essentially identical to last year's squad sans Kerr at the helm. I have no doubt that San Antonio, OKC, Houston and LA will be better basketball teams by the time April and May roll around.

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Spurs matchup with the Warriors very well. Leonard and Danny Green have both shown they can slow down Curry and Thompson (especially Klay who usually gets completely shut down).

Health is the Spurs biggest concern followed by the Thunder who the Spurs don't match up well with.

tredigs
11-10-2015, 12:54 PM
At the beginning of the season, I would have easily taken the field over the Warriors to come out of the West, but I'm on the opposite end of that conversation as of right now. It's important to note, though, that the other four major contenders in the West made some pretty substantial changes to their rotations or coaching staffs in the offseason, so they're going through some growing pains right now compared to a Warriors team that is essentially identical to last year's squad sans Kerr at the helm. I have no doubt that San Antonio, OKC, Houston and LA will be better basketball teams by the time April and May roll around.

I'd actually echo this whole statement. I feel the same way.

kdspurman
11-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Spurs matchup with the Warriors very well. Leonard and Danny Green have both shown they can slow down Curry and Thompson (especially Klay who usually gets completely shut down).

Health is the Spurs biggest concern followed by the Thunder who the Spurs don't match up well with.

This was how I felt last year. This year is a bit different, it's going to take some time to get our offense clicking how it has been the past couple years. I still like our wing defense in against a team like GS, and feel that's a big plus that other contenders don't have. But our offense will take a few months to click and get our chemistry to where it has been, if it can get that close.

OKC does remain my biggest fear match-up wise too, but I feel a little better than I have the last year or so.

But GS has what we usually have and is considered a great strength, and that's continuity and chemistry. It's way too early to even have this discussion IMO. These teams will look different come playoff time