PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Rockets?

kobe4thewinbang
11-02-2015, 01:00 AM
0-3, turnovers, forced shots by Harden, blowing 20pt lead to Heat, two losses to decent teams, one to champs...are they going to regress? Just 3 losses, but I think that means more in the ruthless western conference.

Saddletramp
11-02-2015, 01:11 AM
They're not playing well. /thread

SF8
11-02-2015, 01:16 AM
38 year old Kobe is putting up better numbers than Harden so far this season.

Htownballa1622
11-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Obviously the monstarz stole their powers.

Ariza's Better
11-02-2015, 01:38 AM
No one can hit a shot outside of Thornton and Harrell. Also no one plays defence outside of Bevs. A lot of it falls at McHale's feet. It's obvious he just threw Lawson in the line up hoping it would all mesh together.

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2015, 02:43 AM
I don't think this is a terribly big deal. They've had a different roster every night. Dwight's on suspension. Dwight's in. Dwight's resting.

Last year they overachieved if you consider their injuries (no disrespect meant by that, it's a testament to how hard they played night in and night out).

I think that is catching up with them. Teams are better prepared for them. They got a key new piece in Lawson who is working into the system. Make adjustments for that.

They also don't have Josh Smith, who actually played pretty well for them, and they are also missing their back-up center (Motiejunas).

Once they got Dwight and Motiejunas back, and they figure out how to best use Lawson, they'll be playing at a 50-win pace.

But this may hasten McHale's departure. I know going into the season last year, he was on a short leash from what reports were suggesting. He earned his keep last year, no doubt, but this is a 'what-have-you-done-for-me-lately' kinda league, so....

No need to hit the panic button just yet.

Once they get their rotation set, they should start playing solid ball again.

numba1CHANGsta
11-02-2015, 03:09 AM
the Rockets were always over rated

JJ_JKidd
11-02-2015, 03:15 AM
I find it ironic and really annoying that Harden talks ***** about being the real MVP and has nothing to show so far. While the player that won MVP was just playing it cool and scored a bunch in his first 3 games.

Yeahp Harden 2nd best SG all right lmao overpaid MF.

Iron24th
11-02-2015, 04:06 AM
They played without dwight 2 games out of 3

Hardaway Here
11-02-2015, 07:38 AM
They played without dwight 2 games out of 3
That excuse doesn't fly considering what they did last year without him. Still lost the game he played in by 20 so... 3 games is a small sample size though all we can do is wait and see.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2015, 08:06 AM
3 games in means nothing, with that said I wonder if the purpose of this topic was to a take shot at the bad east with the ruthless west conference comment, to have a Kobephile make another topic to make fun of another superstar, or if this is actually about the Rockets.

The Rockets will be fine and they will joke in the playoffs, the are a good regular season team and 0 - 3 in the NBA means nothing.

MonroeFAN
11-02-2015, 08:36 AM
38 year old Kobe is putting up better numbers than Harden so far this season.

I've never seen a more irrelevant comment before in my life.

MonroeFAN
11-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I find it ironic and really annoying that Harden talks ***** about being the real MVP and has nothing to show so far. While the player that won MVP was just playing it cool and scored a bunch in his first 3 games.

Woah man are you seriously Losing your load over 3 games? Overpaid?

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2015, 08:55 AM
That excuse doesn't fly considering what they did last year without him. Still lost the game he played in by 20 so... 3 games is a small sample size though all we can do is wait and see.

In fairness, they also played without their back-up C and had absolutely no rim protection.

It's not an excuse so much as an explanation as to why their defense is $#!T.

WaDe03
11-02-2015, 10:28 AM
I thought Lil B made it pretty obvious he cursed Harden and will continue to do so until Harden apologizes.

Scoots
11-02-2015, 10:59 AM
They look out of sync and often are out of position on offense and defense and Harden's shooting struggles has teams leaving him open from 3 and he's not hitting them ... it may be getting to be a mental thing with him. They have runs of a few minutes here or there where things seems to be starting to turn for the better when the defense fails them and they fall back into their funk.

A lot of good players are not making a particularly good team at the moment.

2-ONE-5
11-02-2015, 11:07 AM
they have no heart and no leadership

ewing
11-02-2015, 12:28 PM
whats up with Donatas Motiejunas? I know he has a back problem but is it serious?

Saddletramp
11-02-2015, 01:59 PM

I find it ironic how a guy that's presumably a fan of a drunk driving wife beater is taking shots at Harden over a weak start to the season.

And JJH, DMo was their starting PF last year until he got injured (but he has and will play C sometimes). There's no depth up front (they called 6'5 Chuck Hayes Saturday night, agreed to terms, flew him to Miami and had him play minutes Sunday night. They also had 3 guards start the game). But yeah, if Harden would have been Harden, they would have won that game (and most others). It is what it is.

And they keep saying DMo is close but who knows.

rhino17
11-02-2015, 02:01 PM
whats up with Donatas Motiejunas? I know he has a back problem but is it serious?
No one really knows. It seems to be a lot more serious than they are letting on

this is probably the biggest problem right now. DMO is their #2 offensive player. With him out they have to rely on Dwight and Tjones which is just a recipe for disaster. Jones has reached his limit. He doesn't have enough range offensively to be effective in this system and he is just an utter disaster on defense. Without Josh Smith and DMO, he has had to play a lot more and it definitely isn't working out. Montrezl is on the verge of stealing his starting spot. Dwight also just plain sucked in the one game he played. He is still a nothing offensively and was playing just stupid basketball against the Warriors.

Ty needs to be more aggressive. He is just trying to fit in right now and is being pretty passive. But with DMO out, they don't have another player who can create offense. He needs to be taking a lot more shots.

lakerfan85
11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
It's the curse of Khloe Kardashian.. She marries Odom and his career goes down now she's dating Harden and he's off to a bad start.. Oh and There's Rashad Mccants, he ****ing disappeared.. Harden should run away from that ****ing witch and her whacked out family!

FlashBolt
11-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Rob Kardashian = depressed.
Bruce Jenner = transforms to a female.
Lamar Odom = depressed and drug addict.
Kanye West = music has sucked lately.
Kris Humphries = They paid him for publicity... good thing he got away before it consumed his life.
James Harden = could be Lil B or the Kardashian.. my guess is both so he's playing twice as bad as he should.
Robert Kardashian = Probably took his own life so he can escape this travesty.

lakerfan85
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Now there's a rumor that D'angelo Russell is dating one of the Jenner girls.. No wonder he's sucking so bad to start the season..

Saddletramp
11-02-2015, 06:03 PM
If you guys believe in a Kardashians curse or a curse from some low life rapper than I don't know what to tell you. It's along the same lines as believing you won because God was on your side or you conferred with a psychic or you wore your lucky underwear or you didn't shave throughout the playoffs.

It's not real. There's legitimate reasons. Get over it.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2015, 06:10 PM
since I moved away from Houston and I don't have multiple friends basically forcing me to watch them, I haven't seen them play in a regular season game since spring 2014.

No clue, but it looks like they are missing shots, and have some injuries.

Saddletramp
11-02-2015, 06:16 PM
No clue, but it looks like they are missing shots, and have some injuries.

Bingo. It's just that simple, folks.

nastynice
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
If you guys believe in a Kardashians curse or a curse from some low life rapper than I don't know what to tell you. It's along the same lines as believing you won because God was on your side or you conferred with a psychic or you wore your lucky underwear or you didn't shave throughout the playoffs.

Lil B curse is real. He don't play around

MonroeFAN
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
You're presumably grown adults talking about a curse by some wankster named Lil B. It's called a slow start.

But I get the feeling like they should release Lawson.

WaDe03
11-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I see no evidence as to how it's not the "basedgod" curse.

TrueFan420
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Very small sample size. I'm sure by the end of the season they'll be back in the top 4 or 5 in the west. However, I'm still a firm believer this team will never accomplish anything, by anything I mean win a championship, with McHale as HC. I think he got them as far as he's capable and it will take the right coach to come in and get them over the top.

QuatreBarton
11-02-2015, 07:22 PM

Woah man did you seriously make a thread about a random bench player over 3 games? Overrated?

MonroeFAN
11-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Look's like I have a new friend.

Drawing a comparison between a topic about a "random bench player" who has had nice per36 numbers and was predicted by a few to break out to a comment suggesting the runner up MVP of last year is overpaid is hilariously stupid. Learn to troll better, and thanks for your interest.

Vee-Rex
11-02-2015, 07:55 PM

Yah the curse is real, man. Just be glad Lil B doesn't know who you are or you'd be screwed.

Bostonjorge
11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Rockets are finished. Harrison Barnes stuck the fork in them.

http://youtu.be/-y3c2dnOm8o

Saddletramp
11-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Whether they would have won or lost, they looked better tonight.

FlashBolt
11-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Saddle, stop getting salty... it's a damn joke. What's real is your team is 1-3 and Harden is playing bad.

Saddletramp
11-03-2015, 01:33 AM
I wasn't being salty there. They/he looked better tonight.

MonroeFAN
11-03-2015, 04:24 AM

Woah man did you seriously make a thread about a random bench player over 3 games? Overrated?

Last nights performance further proves how stupid of a post this was.

MonroeFAN
11-03-2015, 04:27 AM
Rockets are finished. Harrison Barnes stuck the fork in them.

http://youtu.be/-y3c2dnOm8o

lol @ Harrison Barnes.