PDA

View Full Version : Is Stephen Curry having the best three game opening stretch ever?

FlashBolt
11-01-2015, 02:18 AM
I don't think I've seen such an explosive start before. He's also playing about 33 minutes also.

PowerHouse
11-01-2015, 02:35 AM
:facepalm:

Really? Opening 3 game stretch? Its slow these days in PSD.

FlashBolt
11-01-2015, 03:01 AM
PSD is slow... get used to it.

bgdreton
11-01-2015, 03:32 AM
Honestly I'm not sure compared to history but the dude is an assassin. He is literally unguardable. The types of shots he makes is incredible. People laughed at him when he said he was a better offensive player than Lebron. After the playoffs and his play so far I wonder if they still say that.

Scoots
11-01-2015, 03:50 AM
Jordan did it in one of his pre-championship years.

kobe4thewinbang
11-01-2015, 03:54 AM
The dude is unreal at this point. Like he doesn't even aim and it just falls in! He might break Kobe's 81 at this rate in a game with real meaning. MVP is his to lose, with Griffin looking unstoppable too and LeBron obviously still beasting.

LakersIn5
11-01-2015, 06:59 AM
**** curry **** the warriors i hate that ****ing team lucky *** **** they won the ring BUT **** it im now a fan of curry. I dont want even put him in my top 5 before but now he is top 2 or even top 1 to me. The best shooter there is. I just ate all the hate i said about curry to my friends

Gander13SM
11-01-2015, 07:32 AM
To put it into context, the last player to score at least 118 points in the first three games of the season was Michael Jordan in 1990.

Only two others have managed it. Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West.

So... no. He hasn't had the best ever. Impressive none the less. Easy to get lost in the hype but we have to remember we haven't even had a full week of nba yet.

c.c.
11-01-2015, 07:38 AM
I think Curry will go down as the best shooter to ever play if he continues with this unbelievable shooting.

WOwolfOL
11-01-2015, 07:55 AM
**** curry **** the warriors i hate that ****ing team lucky *** **** they won the ring BUT **** it im now a fan of curry. I dont want even put him in my top 5 before but now he is top 2 or even top 1 to me. The best shooter there is. I just ate all the hate i said about curry to my friends
What in the bloody **** are you even trying to say...

Gander13SM
11-01-2015, 08:10 AM
What in the bloody **** are you even trying to say...

Basically I think he's saying he always hated Steph and thought the Warriors got lucky last year, but with the way they're playing early on, especially Steph. He's scared he will have to take back what he said and admit they're actually an extremely good team and well deserving of a title.

While we're on the topic.

If Houston had been healthy... nope. Steph lit up Beverley and they're new starting PG couple days ago. Warriors have won 10 of the last 11 games they played against Houston.

If Jrue had been healthy... uhhh. Nope. Steph just dropped one of the most efficient 50 point games we've ever seen over Jrue.

They play Memphis this week, should be interesting. Then Clippers, who the Warriors were "lucky" to avoid.

Am I really the only person starting to think it was the injured players who got lucky to avoid Steph? Just saying. He's making high caliber defenders and borderline all star guards look like scrubs.

I fully believe Steph has been hearing it all off season. Look at the start they have in the regular season, Houston, Pelicans, Memphis. All teams they faced in the post season that people are handing excuses about being injured. Beverley, cooked. Lawson, cooked. Jrue, cooked. Next on the list is Conley. And then they play the Clippers who they were lucky to avoid?

It's as if Silver gave Steph a week to shut everyone up so they could move on with the rest of the season. He's gunning for them. He's out there to prove a point. To prove he is a deserving MVP and they are deserving champs.

Doc was right, this team could actually be more dangerous now than they were last year.

This is me TRYING not to get caught in the hype. People judge teams and players way too early at the start of the year, but the reigning MVP and the reigning Champs are looking really good early on.

Gander13SM
11-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Grizzlies and Clippers are going to be a treat. A real test for the Warriors and Steph. Two of the top 6 teams in the West (along with Houston who they already beat and then OKC and Spurs IMO).

Conley and CP3 are two of the best defensive PGs in the league, this could be where Steph slows down and they have to rely on Klay and Green even more... or Steph could cook them from the inside out. Time will tell.

Gander13SM
11-01-2015, 08:36 AM
I just did a quick check, only three players have scored 50 or more points in 36 minutes or less.

Kobe Bryant did it twice;

1. In 2005 - 62PTS, FG% .58
2. In 2002 - 56PTS, FG% .64

Karl Malone did it once; In 1990 - 61PTS, FG% .80

Jermaine O'Neal did it once; In 2005 - 55PTS, FG% .64

All of these happened in late December/January time. Decent company. Obviously I can't include Wilt or guys from back then as mpg isn't available.

FlashBolt
11-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks Gander but how many made it look like THIS? I mean c'mon, the guy is dropping bombs!

likemystylez
11-01-2015, 10:08 PM
To put it into context, the last player to score at least 118 points in the first three games of the season was Michael Jordan in 1990.

Only two others have managed it. Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West.

So... no. He hasn't had the best ever. Impressive none the less. Easy to get lost in the hype but we have to remember we haven't even had a full week of nba yet.

thats just raw scoring, did any of those players do it in 33 mpg, with a 55 PER rating!!!! Steph curry is putting the league on notice that the correct decision was him as MVP and not James Harden. The first week of the season, warriors are playing all their play off opponents again... LOL and winning by 18 ppg. Warriors will be right there in the hunt again this season. Anybody who thought it was a fluke they won it all and just completely ignored the historic regular season......those people wont know what hit them.

likemystylez
11-01-2015, 10:11 PM
I just did a quick check, only three players have scored 50 or more points in 36 minutes or less.

Kobe Bryant did it twice;

1. In 2005 - 62PTS, FG% .58
2. In 2002 - 56PTS, FG% .64

Karl Malone did it once; In 1990 - 61PTS, FG% .80

Jermaine O'Neal did it once; In 2005 - 55PTS, FG% .64

All of these happened in late December/January time. Decent company. Obviously I can't include Wilt or guys from back then as mpg isn't available.

well wilt played far more minutes- that fool played every minute of every game in a season 1 yr. LOl however- Id bet he scored over 50 points many times in his first 33 minutes of a game.. HAHA