PDA

View Full Version : Gamethread 10/28 - 10/31 : Vs. CHA, @ CLE

beasted86
10-27-2015, 03:02 PM
10/28 - 10/31 Schedule:
NOTE: ALL TIMES EASTERN

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/cha_hornets.gif
Miami HEAT vs. Charlotte Hornets
Wednesday, Oct 28, 2015
AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL
7:30pmET
Season Series: 0-0
TV: Fox Sports Sun

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/cle.gif
Miami HEAT @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Friday, Oct 30, 2015
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
7:00pmET
Season Series: 0-0
TV: Fox Sports Sun, ESPN

beasted86
10-27-2015, 03:06 PM
For this season, I will try and make a weekly gamethread for the Miami HEAT.

I will put the game locations in the title so that you can get a quick update on the week's coming games at a moment's glance.

I will be making the new threads on Sundays before any scheduled games. In the event I wasn't able to do it, this is a simple format that shouldn't take much time to copy and make one by any fan here.

beasted86
10-27-2015, 06:47 PM
HEAT are getting new alternate jerseys, including the throwback Zo & Timmy jersey

hotdalton18
10-27-2015, 07:30 PM
For this season, I will try and make a weekly gamethread for the Miami HEAT.

I will put the game locations in the title so that you can get a quick update on the week's coming games at a moment's glance.

I will be making the new threads on Sundays before any scheduled games. In the event I wasn't able to do it, this is a simple format that shouldn't take much time to copy and make one by any fan here.

Great idea!!

i think i deserve the assist on this lol

AllBall
10-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Let's Get It!

hotdalton18
10-27-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm looking forward to Whiteside making Jefferson look like a female dog tomorrow

Dade County
10-28-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm looking forward to Whiteside making Jefferson look like a female dog tomorrow

:laugh2:

Drum got 18pts/19reb last night, i need Whiteside to out shine that.

Please Wade, just setup plays, cut to the basket & dont take so many mid range jumpers.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:28 AM
:laugh2:

Drum got 18pts/19reb last night, i need Whiteside to out shine that.

Please Wade, just setup plays, cut to the basket & dont take so many mid range jumpers.

Yah

both Wade and Whiteside are on my fantasy team lol

i wanna see some wade drive n toss to Whiteside for the slam

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Anybody know if league pass is doing a free week?

Slug3
10-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Anybody know if league pass is doing a free week?

Yes they are doing a free week. Even on the mobile app as well.

and cant wait to go 2-0.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Yes they are doing a free week. Even on the mobile app as well.

and cant wait to go 2-0.

Awesome

that means we'll get

Hornets , Rockets and Hawks on League pass free

and Cavs on ESPN

WaDe03
10-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Amare out tonight.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Amare out tonight.

surprise

Slug3
10-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Amare out tonight.

Man we have been picking up a lot of free agents with knee issues lately and they have missed some time.

amare
Oden
Granger

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Im thinking Green will be going for 6th man of the year

unlike the suns

our guard depth is poor

so when green comes in , he can shoot all he wants

Slug3
10-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Im thinking Green will be going for 6th man of the year

unlike the suns

our guard depth is poor

so when green comes in , he can shoot all he wants

Yeah that second unit will be all his. McBob will be plenty happy making some great passes. Only one who might try to overdue it is of course Chalmers.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah that second unit will be all his. McBob will be plenty happy making some great passes. Only one who might try to overdue it is of course Chalmers.

who hopefully someone is willing to take so Johnson can take over

Johnson/Winslow/Green/Mcroberts/Amar'e

is a good bench

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Amar'e and Richardson will be the 2 inactive for tonight

SteBO
10-28-2015, 05:59 PM
The bench is gonna be good, but the starters have to mesh. Period.

SteBO
10-28-2015, 06:04 PM
@Beasted I actually a simple format for individual gamethreads just in case anyone ever wants individual ones.....though I agree for the board weekly gamethreads are probably better.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 06:05 PM
The bench is gonna be good, but the starters have to mesh. Period.

it may take half a season

but they'll get it done

Dade County
10-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Whiteside just killed the offense

Slug3
10-28-2015, 07:57 PM
I am already convinced Whiteside will not be taking a step up this season and will be pretty much not getting that crazy of a raise next year.

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:01 PM
lol why not bring in birdman early for whiteside instead of haslem? atleast birdman can someone contest jeffersons height

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:04 PM
justice is looking realy realy good on defense though

Slug3
10-28-2015, 08:13 PM
When did we get so horrible at guarding the pick n roll?

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:17 PM
lol for real. justice might not be very good offensively but defensively he is an absolute beast

Slug3
10-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Green as hot as can be during the preseason and now can't make anything. Just our luck.

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:23 PM
why the fck is haslem playing over birdman?

Mr. Baller
10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Did Hassan get hurt?

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
look at this. 6-0 all points in the paint when haslem comes in the game. we need bosh, whiteside or bird atleast on the center position. haslem just doesnt fit anymore in this NBA age

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:28 PM
realy haslem? a three? come on now

Slug3
10-28-2015, 08:28 PM
So is the Whiteside experiment done for this game? Lol

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
look at that boy justice! who said he was gonna get those DNP?

Slug3
10-28-2015, 08:36 PM
look at that boy justice! who said he was gonna get those DNP?

Who did people think was going to play over him?

lavilevi23
10-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Winslow looking unbelievable on both ends so far.

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 08:58 PM
whiteside realy looks immature still

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:00 PM
nice clean block there though

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:05 PM
nooooooooo i hate it when wade's threes are called of. He already rarely makes one

Dade County
10-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Happy how Miami is playing

Slug3
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Played good most the 3rd. Didn't close the quarter out the best.

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:28 PM
the defense has been realy impressive so far. great sign

Slug3
10-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Up by 20 and trying to blow it. Memories.

Slug3
10-28-2015, 09:38 PM
They have pretty much fouled us 4 plays in a row. Lol

Slug3
10-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Has all the makings of us blowing this down the stretch.

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Up by 20 and trying to blow it. Memories.

ugh that sixers home game. ughhhhh

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
They have pretty much fouled us 4 plays in a row. Lol

so did we lol. non stop free throws for those pesky hornets

MTL_123
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
this team keeping leads smh

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:48 PM
wade, smooth as silk. i love that shot so much

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
this is getting ugly

MTL_123
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
WOW this team

Dade County
10-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Spo killed this game for me.

Dade County
10-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Look at deng lol

But dragic isnt involved in the plays enough... & Spo doesnt have to sit Whiteside for so long.

Mr. Baller
10-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Spo killed this game for me.

Not watching, what did he do? Looks like dumb fouls killing the flow and letting them get back in without killing clock

archdevil84
10-28-2015, 10:04 PM
the ending was a little ugly but they dragged out the win anyway. gg

AllBall
10-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Man we looked scary as hell, I love it! :D

The defense was moving, the offense was flowing, the substitutions where perfect, it feels like we have an endless amount of jerseys that can step in and produce!

I have no problem with Charlotte making a run at the end, basketball is a game of runs. What we can control however is turnovers and not fouling to put us in a difficult spot.

I also noticed that everyone was involved and having fun. That time when Bosh fell, made the catch and pass, they where all laughing. I think the team is loose, enjoying it and building that chemistry. No locker room issues here, we got a great mix.

We're back!

Dade County
10-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Not watching, what did he do? Looks like dumb fouls killing the flow and letting them get back in without killing clock

He didnt call time outs & left the same lineup in for over 6min.

& i am guessing green was promised playing time at the end of games for signing so cheap lol

I still think Whiteside should have been in, i dont think Whitside played the bottom half of the 4th quarter.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:21 PM
Gerald green oh boy!

Wade & Bosh in mid season form

I love how Winslow looked...awesome on defense, awesome rebounding , smart shots and moving the ball good...and he's only 19!

Johnson needs to be in over Mario...Mario started driving on good D and getting blocked by his guy even though green was open.... a open 3...then comes back and shoots a 3 with a guy in his face and misses...then gets a steal , then throws it back to the other team on a bad pass...Johnson out did him in every preseason game...No logical reason Mario is in over him

As for Spo...Whiteside was struggling at 1st so good call to give him a little break...but no this idiot holds him out almost the whole half

Whiteside wasn't great tonight , but he looked night and day on defense vs Jefferson from the 1st to the 2nd half

We also still run freestyle offense which I'm not sure about

Overall I liked how the starting unit played tonight

And the bench has me most excited !

If we knock down 3's like tonight we won't lose

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:22 PM

He didnt call time outs & left the same lineup in for over 6min.

& i am guessing green was promised playing time at the end of games for signing so cheap lol

I still think Whiteside should have been in, i dont think Whitside played the bottom half of the 4th quarter.

Yes

Whiteside needs to play about 10 more minutes a game

beasted86
10-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Whiteside can't hit free throws. Can't have him in late in the game with a lead.

Chalmers defense is way better than Johnson. That's why he plays over Johnson and I'm glad for it. I liked that defense seems to be the identity right now, so Spo needs to keep rolling with guys who will get the job done on that end.

Liked the defensive intensity overall, especially Winslow, was awesome on the boards and getting up on his man. With some more experience he will be a lock down guy.

Very good offensive movement off the ball tonight. The threes were dropping so the offense looked fluid at least for today.

beasted86
10-28-2015, 11:45 PM
whiteside realy looks immature still
Unfortunately true. His composure is very poor.

WaDe03
10-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Whiteside will be fine. He was getting cooked by Jefferson and his attitude was **** so he got benched. Lesson learned and we move on the the next game.

As for tonight, great game! This team is dangerous and it's always nice to see Wade score and make plays in the 4th quarter. I would like to see Wade and Bosh a little more aggressive from the start but all in all I'm happy with the game tonight. Green showed he can still score 15+ like its nothing and it wasn't a preseason fluke. Winslow was nice tonight and played big minutes for us. That dunk was sick and even hit a 3. He was much better than anything we saw in preseason I hope he keeps it up. Wade and Bosh are still elite and both scored 20+ on what seem to be somewhat an off night on both of their shots so that's a really good sign. Everyone was solid tonight it feels great to have a deep bench.

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:49 PM
Whiteside can't hit free throws. Can't have him in late in the game with a lead.

Chalmers defense is way better than Johnson. That's why he plays over Johnson and I'm glad for it. I liked that defense seems to be the identity right now, so Spo needs to keep rolling with guys who will get the job done on that end.

Liked the defensive intensity overall, especially Winslow, was awesome on the boards and getting up on his man. With some more experience he will be a lock down guy.

Very good offensive movement off the ball tonight. The threes were dropping so the offense looked fluid at least for today.

Better at getting steals, not better at man D

Stupid shots , stupid pass after the steal he had and stupid foul trying to block someone from behind

But yah great night for Winslow, and I loved the ball movement from everyone

I hope green stays hot from 3

hotdalton18
10-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Whiteside will be fine. He was getting cooked by Jefferson and his attitude was **** so he got benched. Lesson learned and we move on the the next game.

As for tonight, great game! This team is dangerous and it's always nice to see Wade score and make plays in the 4th quarter. I would like to see Wade and Bosh a little more aggressive from the start but all in all I'm happy with the game tonight. Green showed he can still score 15+ like its nothing and it wasn't a preseason fluke. Winslow was nice tonight and played big minutes for us. That dunk was sick and even hit a 3. He was much better than anything we saw in preseason I hope he keeps it up. Wade and Bosh are still elite and both scored 20+ on what seem to be somewhat an off night on both of their shots so that's a really good sign. Everyone was solid tonight it feels great to have a deep bench.

Yah, Jefferson was getting him early

Glad to see him come back and kinda shut Jefferson down in the 2nd half

WaDe03
10-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Like Beasted said good night from 3 but don't expect it all the time lol. I hope I'm wrong.

prodigy
10-29-2015, 03:18 AM
Whiteside has serious skills but he's one of those guys that might end up being to dumb for the game. he needs to chill before he gets in real trouble. if I'm an opposing team I'm gonna bark at him from the tip.

Wade is still wade that's never been doubted. He just needs to stay healthy.

Its cool that bosh is shooting 3's but 10 rebounds ZERO offense rebounds sucks. he needs to pick his spots. Big teams like the Cavs Moz, AV, Love, Thompson will eat the heck outta the glass.

Winslow looks impressive! love his size and ability.

All-In
10-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Our best lineup of the night was Bosh-McBob-Winslow-Green-Rio.....really any lineup with Winslow was good, its only one game but good lord....I love me some Justise Winslow, he just understands defense, he has to learn the hurky-jerky change of pace tricks that NBA vets use to get to the rim, but that stuff comes with time, by the age of 23 Winslow should be an elite wing defender, cant say enough positive things about Winslow......Bosh looks great and McBob should be played more

Ive said this before and Ill say it again....Trade Whiteside, this immaturity thing is running old and apparently Whiteside thinks he never fouls anyone and complains after every call he gets....I mean, I hope Spo benching him and playing him only 20min is a wake-up call.....he has the ability to be one of the best centers in the league and has tremendous potential to be a great player on this team, so hopefully Im overreacting, but something tells me his "too cool for school" attitude will never change.....I can see it....the coaches can see it....and that means the front office sees it....its a problem that needs to be fixed....one way or another

beasted86
10-29-2015, 07:45 AM
Better at getting steals, not better at man D

Stupid shots , stupid pass after the steal he had and stupid foul trying to block someone from behind

But yah great night for Winslow, and I loved the ball movement from everyone

I hope green stays hot from 3

Yes, better at man D, better at fighting over multiple screens, better at drawing charges or offensive fouls using veteran savvy, better at getting steals, just plain better on D.

Johnson is more athletic and is a better scorer since he's a more natural 2 guard.

beasted86
10-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Johnson will see time for sure soon. He absolutely will not be shut out of the rotation, I can't tell you that now. It was just game one and we needed the defense.

He was excellent offensively in preseason. Let him prove himself on defense and he will surely get time over Chalmers. Until then, when Spo is looking for defense and the familiarity of a veteran, he'll keep going with Chalmers.

hotdalton18
10-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Our best lineup of the night was Bosh-McBob-Winslow-Green-Rio.....really any lineup with Winslow was good, its only one game but good lord....I love me some Justise Winslow, he just understands defense, he has to learn the hurky-jerky change of pace tricks that NBA vets use to get to the rim, but that stuff comes with time, by the age of 23 Winslow should be an elite wing defender, cant say enough positive things about Winslow......Bosh looks great and McBob should be played more

Ive said this before and Ill say it again....Trade Whiteside, this immaturity thing is running old and apparently Whiteside thinks he never fouls anyone and complains after every call he gets....I mean, I hope Spo benching him and playing him only 20min is a wake-up call.....he has the ability to be one of the best centers in the league and has tremendous potential to be a great player on this team, so hopefully Im overreacting, but something tells me his "too cool for school" attitude will never change.....I can see it....the coaches can see it....and that means the front office sees it....its a problem that needs to be fixed....one way or another

Trade the best rebounder/shot blocker(only one) on the team after one bad half?

Whiteside does have an attitude issue....but he has Wade/Bosh/Haslem/Juan Howard so im confident he will find his way

hotdalton18
10-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Yes, better at man D, better at fighting over multiple screens, better at drawing charges or offensive fouls using veteran savvy, better at getting steals, just plain better on D.

Johnson is more athletic and is a better scorer since he's a more natural 2 guard.

I thought Johnsons defense was really solid this preseason

mixed with his momentum changing dunks

i just think he's the better option at back up PG

but i do get the familiar thing , Mario's been here since SPO got here

Slug3
10-29-2015, 03:41 PM

Whiteside does have an attitude issue....but he has Wade/Bosh/Haslem/Juan Howard so im confident he will find his way

People were saying this last year as well, at what point does it just not start clicking and he just stay immature? It happens to a lot of people Ron "Meta world Peace" Artest, Gilbert Arenas, Lance Stephenson to name a few. Had great talents, but were hot heads with maturity problems. It pretty much ruined Arenas career.

hotdalton18
10-29-2015, 05:16 PM
People were saying this last year as well, at what point does it just not start clicking and he just stay immature? It happens to a lot of people Ron "Meta world Peace" Artest, Gilbert Arenas, Lance Stephenson to name a few. Had great talents, but were hot heads with maturity problems. It pretty much ruined Arenas career.

its gonna take more then a half a year

Mr. Baller
10-29-2015, 05:40 PM
If he hasn't matured after being forced to play in Lebanon and China and currently in a contract year, odds are he isn't going to mature any time soon. Lets just hope his talent level overcomes his immaturity levels and he can stay on the court for 25 consistent minutes a night

WaDe03
10-29-2015, 08:54 PM
He said all the right things today about how he'll have good game and bad games and that we have 4 all stars so he may not have monster number every night then tweeted "how can I lose when I came here with nothing" so he probably got a ear full today about how to carry yourself in the league. Wade told him he needed to adjust and not have just basketball games in mind like last season but to be striving for a championship this season. They said he did a lot of work after practice today and met with Alonzo.

All-In
10-29-2015, 09:19 PM

But it hasn't just been that half. Its been going back since last trade deadline. Its all about maximizing his value because hes only going to return a solid yield for so long and we could get something great in return for a player who may never put it together. I think thats who he is and no way should we pay him 15-20 million this off-season, its really more thought/opinion because I know it will never happen

I just think its frustrating to watch because of his potential and because its so simple....just have good gamesmanship for christ sake! Like can he just turn it off for 48 minutes and be a good sport? Its the easiest thing to do in the game and hes #ucking up at it.....its frustrating as hell hahaha, the coaches are frustrated and everyone has their breaking point.........he better just realize...."oh, what if I treat the game with respect?"

hotdalton18
10-29-2015, 11:46 PM

But it hasn't just been that half. Its been going back since last trade deadline. Its all about maximizing his value because hes only going to return a solid yield for so long and we could get something great in return for a player who may never put it together. I think thats who he is and no way should we pay him 15-20 million this off-season, its really more thought/opinion because I know it will never happen

I just think its frustrating to watch because of his potential and because its so simple....just have good gamesmanship for christ sake! Like can he just turn it off for 48 minutes and be a good sport? Its the easiest thing to do in the game and hes #ucking up at it.....its frustrating as hell hahaha, the coaches are frustrated and everyone has their breaking point.........he better just realize...."oh, what if I treat the game with respect?"

This is a league where 8/8 Tristan Thompson gets over 20 mil a year

The cap is doubling

Whiteside is much better then Thompson

prodigy
10-30-2015, 01:58 AM
Don't trade whiteside. too much talent. work with him. His value is not as high as his talent that's for sure. because of his attitude.

prodigy
10-30-2015, 03:44 AM
This is a league where 8/8 Tristan Thompson gets over 20 mil a year

The cap is doubling

Whiteside is much better then Thompson

Thompson makes 16.4 million a season.

Whiteside avg 11-10 last season Thompson when he started avg 11-8. Thompson also had a great playoff run. So neither is that much better then the other right now. But that can change.

beasted86
10-30-2015, 10:04 AM
We should relax on talk of trading players one game into the season.

Just trying to put things in perspective. Cheers.

Dade County
10-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Just want to see nice ball movement throughout the game.

I believe Miami can be very successful on offense (just hope the shots fall in tonight).

Whiteside has to be locked in tonight & dragic has to be more aggressive.

Mr. Baller
10-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Think tonight will be a rougher night offensively, Cleveland has been fantastic defensively going back to the playoffs and the start of this season. Gonna be a grind out game, that we can win but need to limit turnovers and control the pace to our liking.

hotdalton18
10-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Thompson makes 16.4 million a season.

Whiteside avg 11-10 last season Thompson when he started avg 11-8. Thompson also had a great playoff run. So neither is that much better then the other right now. But that can change.

who cares about starting , its about minutes per game

in 23 MPG Hassan did 12 ppg(63%) , 10rpg and 2.6 bpg

in 27 MPG tristan did 8.5 ppg(55%) , 8rpg and and 0.7 blocks

so in less minutes Hassan did everything better

he's gonna get paid more then Thompson and deserves that

~Iggy~
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
As mentioned ball movement will be key on the offensive front. I liked watching the flow from time to time in the first game.

Getting the chemistry going within the team and the rotations is going to be important too, especially within the starting 5. It's fun watching Dragic turn up the tempo from time to time, want more from him this game. I expect Whiteside to step up too and get 10/10.

The bench is going to be fun to watch too with the extra spark that all the players bring. Let's see if Stoudemire can bring something to the table as well.

And of course defense as a team and some key matchup's (Bosh vs Love and Deng vs LeBron) is going to be interesting to watch. Winslow on LeBron even for a couple of minutes would be fun and good for the youngster. =)

hotdalton18
10-30-2015, 04:21 PM
As mentioned ball movement will be key on the offensive front. I liked watching the flow from time to time in the first game.

Getting the chemistry going within the team and the rotations is going to be important too, especially within the starting 5. It's fun watching Dragic turn up the tempo from time to time, want more from him this game. I expect Whiteside to step up too and get 10/10.

The bench is going to be fun to watch too with the extra spark that all the players bring. Let's see if Stoudemire can bring something to the table as well.

And of course defense as a team and some key matchup's (Bosh vs Love and Deng vs LeBron) is going to be interesting to watch. Winslow on LeBron even for a couple of minutes would be fun and good for the youngster. =)

Mostly Deng on LeBron but yes lets put Winslow on him to

SteBO
10-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Cleveland's defense was good in the playoffs last year because the two biggest liabilities on that end were out. I agree it will be rougher offensively though with the Cavs' bigs, but I still think we can get good looks on the, if we move the ball. Guarding the three will be the biggest factor to me....

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:20 PM
How has nobody punched Hubbie yet in his life? So damn annoying.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Dragic is proving to be the weakest of our starting 5 so far.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Man Winslow has played great D and Lebron had just made skne great tough shots.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Dragic is trash. If we want to win this games we have to get Wade the ball more and he has to be aggressive.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
They've already screwed us on 2 out of bounds calls too.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Nice Whiteside this is what we need from you.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Honestly any reason why one of our super stars in Wade/bosh can't always be on the floor?

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:38 PM
2nd unit is trash now. Did they forget we have Gerald Green? He hasn't even touched the ball.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Honestly any reason why one of our super stars in Wade/bosh can't always be on the floor?

None at all.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Gerald greens been lighting it up all pre season and the first game. But let's run out second unit for Amare who will eventually hurt his knee.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Please put Wade in smfh.

Dade County
10-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Damn these refs.

Nice ball movement when it comes to the starters, thr 2nd unit need to step up.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Yea our 2nd unit sucks if it's not Green going off. McRoberts is too scared to even try to score.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm already over this team. As long as Spo goes long minutes without a star in the game it's going to kill us against better teams.

AllBall
10-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the only reason our second unit is playing poorly is because Stoudamire sucks and is a freakin corpse?

He sucked the life out of the whole rhythm and momentum we were starting to build the minute he subbed in.

Seriously, how did he think it would be a good idea to make his regular season debut on this national stage?

Moron.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Getting absolutely no calls. Everything is going their way.

Dade County
Please put Wade in smfh.

I thought i was going to see this lineup again...

Dragic
Green
Winslow
Mcrob
Bosh

But yeah, wade & bosh needs to come back in

WaDe03
Dragic make your open shots. I'm going to say he doesn't average over 12 points per game this season

Slug3
10-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the only reason our second unit is playing poorly is because Stoudamire sucks and is a freakin corpse?

He sucked the life out of the whole rhythm and momentum we were starting to build the minute he subbed in.

Seriously, how did he think it would be a good idea to make his regular season debut on this national stage?

Moron.

Yeah he killed it. With UD he just played the garbage position and we ran that second unit through green with mcbob as the PG. Now we are just trying to force it inside to Amare who looks horrible.

Dade County
10-30-2015, 07:57 PM

Moron.

I was thinking the samething

AllBall
10-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Thank the heavens Stoudamire is back on the damn bench! Geez that was atrocious!

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Whiteside is great defensively. But I don't see the offense there. He really can only dunk it off a Wade pass.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry but Dragic so far looks like he just doesn't fit this team and will probably be traded within a year or 2.

SteBO
10-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Man you guys are something....give Dragic time before you start slandering him.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry but Dragic so far looks like he just doesn't fit this team and will probably be traded within a year or 2.

If he would make his open shots he would be perfect.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:17 PM
If he would make his open shots he would be perfect.

He's a bad shooter though. I don't know if he ever will.

AllBall
10-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Whiteside is great defensively. But I don't see the offense there. He really can only dunk it off a Wade pass.

http://i.imgur.com/0ytnfEN.jpg

:facepalm:

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 08:19 PM
He's a bad shooter though. I don't know if he ever will.

I haven't looked up his 3 point numbers but are the really that bad? If we keep at our same pace in the second half and Dragic finally comes to life I say we win.

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:30 PM
I haven't looked up his 3 point numbers but are the really that bad? If we keep at our same pace in the second half and Dragic finally comes to life I say we win.

I think he's a career 35% or so. But I don't think he takes many.

AllBall
10-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Deng looking nice the last two games :)

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Deng looking nice the last two games :)

he's so underrated by many of the heat fans here. i love dengs effort and hustle

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 08:47 PM
right now all we need is a solid string of stops and were all good. we also need wade back in asap because he's realy into it. looking for a big 4th quarter from him

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:49 PM
What is Whiteside even doing out there?

Slug3
10-30-2015, 08:52 PM
right now all we need is a solid string of stops and were all good. we also need wade back in asap because he's realy into it. looking for a big 4th quarter from him

We honestly just don't look as good as them at the moment. And Amare should probably not see anymore time.

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 08:53 PM
i liked greens game vs hornets but right now he's just forcing up some realy realy bad shots. also stoudemire needs to be benched ASAP because he's HORRIBLE defensively. and i mean REALY bad

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 08:55 PM
i just dont understand what is wrong with birdman as our backup center. he doesnt need to play much. just 2 short stretches for like 12 min a game. much better defensive then amare and we have enough offense with green and mcbob and rio on the second unit. also birdman can finish inside probably just as good as amare at this point

Dade County
10-30-2015, 08:57 PM
We honestly just don't look as good as them at the moment. And Amare should probably not see anymore time.

Agreed

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:01 PM
this is also a bs call imo

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
god get stoudemire out of the game please

Slug3
10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
I don't know why I thought we could compete with this team that's not even fully healthy.

AllBall
10-30-2015, 09:04 PM
i just dont understand what is wrong with birdman as our backup center. he doesnt need to play much. just 2 short stretches for like 12 min a game. much better defensive then amare and we have enough offense with green and mcbob and rio on the second unit. also birdman can finish inside probably just as good as amare at this point

Birdman is in a suit tonight

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Birdman is in a suit tonight

why though? is he injured or something?

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:08 PM
its getting ugly now

Slug3
10-30-2015, 09:09 PM

Because Spo thinks we have 2008 Amare on our team. This team will probably be struggling to make the playoffs if Amare keeps getting minutes.

AllBall
10-30-2015, 09:11 PM

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:14 PM

wel i mean i dont blame spo for atleast trying stat but i think birdman should be the backup center for the rest of the season

Slug3
10-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Couldn't even compete with a team that's down 2 starters. We are not a top team on the east.

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Couldn't even compete with a team that's down 2 starters. We are not a top team on the east.

wel obviously everyone is overrating us like hell but i do think we can atleast compete for the 5th maybe 4th seed in the east. This game lebron just killed us by hitting some very tough shots. same for love

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:20 PM
aaah come on now. now watch this. now look. come on. now listen you see that? i mean come on! now if you look at it like that i mean come on. look at this. oooooohhh look at that. there you go. now look. listen if you look at it STFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Slug3
10-30-2015, 09:21 PM
wel obviously everyone is overrating us like hell but i do think we can atleast compete for the 5th maybe 4th seed in the east. This game lebron just killed us by hitting some very tough shots. same for love

Lebron is always going to get his. But we looked so slow and we usually could count on that second unit. It was horrible today and it was all due to Amare and killing everything.

archdevil84
10-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Lebron is always going to get his. But we looked so slow and we usually could count on that second unit. It was horrible today and it was all due to Amare and killing everything.

i agree with stoudemire killing our momentum but also green take some horrible shots. I like it when he scores a lot but this game got a little too much to his head thinking he has the right to jack up any shot he wants

AllBall
10-30-2015, 09:38 PM

Healthy, we will be top 3 at the end of 82 games

We lost, but I ain't even mad, and here's why:

-We were getting good looks, they just didn't fall
-Winslow looked good
-Deng looked good
-Our starting 5 simply needs more time together
-Our second unit only played bad because Stoudamire killed things
-Green didn't light things up because wasn't getting the ball in transition because the whole flow of the second unit was killed by Stoudamire
-Dragic does not have many bad games, and he kept being agressive
-Wade was healthy and played all game
-Bosh was pretty much consistent, as usual
-We kept turnovers low
-I think we didn't really foul, but what did you expect on the Cavs home opener, home cooking (amirite!?)

beasted86
10-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Bench was an all around negative this game.

Green was horrible. Stoudemire helped kill momentum along with the rest of the team trying to force feed him in the post.

LeBron was simply unstoppable even with good defense from Winslow and Deng. Nothing you can really do there.

Also those lobs to Thompson were really annoying to see happen over and over again.

Only thing you can hope is those are just growing pains in the defensive system early in the season. Whiteside in no man's land on a lot of defensive plays leading him to get sealed and scored on. But he had some good blocks and was an overall positive.

Just need to find a way to get Dragic involved in the offense and find out where the shooting comes from if Green is having a bad night. Because as you see, if he's off we have no spacing in that second unit. Everything is too reliant on him to be a catalyst.

beasted86
10-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Stoudemire needs to play like Andersen on offense: Hard screens, hard dives off the pick, attack the boards, tap outs, etc.

Basically pick and roll action and dirty work. Not the clear out and try and use him as our number one option thing. That's not going to work. And even if it did, it's slowing the team down too much force feeding him inside. To play with pace he needs to be a pick and roll, pick and pop guy exclusively. Not ball stopping and ball watching.

Dade County
10-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Spo killed us at the end of the 3rd & the beginning of the 4th.

The 2nd unit was just awful. Green needs to drive more & get to the foul line, that can help him get into the game more.

& stat should have not played this game.

beasted86
10-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Spo killed us at the end of the 3rd & the beginning of the 4th.

The 2nd unit was just awful. Green needs to drive more & get to the foul line, that can help him get into the game more.

& stat should have not played this game.
Green doesn't get to the foul line.

He's a catch and shoot or cutter... Or he'll take a few dribbles and shoot. He's played that way his entire career.

You don't get fouled to much doing those things. His career high is 2.8 attempts per game as a starter. Meaning he got fouled under 1.5 times per game basically.

He is what he is. If his shot is not falling he's fairly useless. It's why he was available for the cheap and why he's bounced around.

Spo and the team will need to maximize his skills and get him open, that's all. And there also going to be nights like today where he is just off and you have to sit him.

hotdalton18
10-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Notes

No chemistry (we will get that though)

Spo still a terrible offensive coach(freestyle half the time)no ball movement

Bosh got KILLED by Love in every way and the way Love treated him rebounding he should be embarrassed

Wade looks good

Winslow defense is awesome

When Whiteside goes out our big guy defense is terrible

Bosh/mcroberts/bird/AS , don't matter who when Whiteside is out we are bad there

Goran Dragic is pointless on a team with Wade...he needs the ball to be effective

Even his little points tonight came in garbage time...he had no real time stats

Time for Tyler Johnson to get some minutes , one of the best players of preseason getting no minutes is dumb

Game was a lot worse then a 10 point loss...caught up in garbage time

beasted86
10-30-2015, 10:46 PM
One interesting thing is Stoudemire knew he was playing tonight days before this game, and he was inactive in game one.

Also in game one was somewhat surprised to see Haslem as the first big off the bench.

I hope these aren't preliminary indicators to Spo simply playing "shuffle the old big man". Where Haslem, Stoudemire, then Andersen are used in chronological order taking turns.

Please tell me that's not the case. Please tell me Spoelstra is flexible and this is based on actual strategy and game planning and going with the flow of the game picking who is needed. Please.

Dade County
10-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Green doesn't get to the foul line.

He's a catch and shoot or cutter... Or he'll take a few dribbles and shoot. He's played that way his entire career.

You don't get fouled to much doing those things. His career high is 2.8 attempts per game as a starter. Meaning he got fouled under 1.5 times per game basically.

He is what he is. If his shot is not falling he's fairly useless. It's why he was available for the cheap and why he's bounced around.

Spo and the team will need to maximize his skills and get him open, that's all. And there also going to be nights like today where he is just off and you have to sit him.

Dear goodness, they better coach him up & tell him to drive sometime... ****

Thats insane to play that way.... He can either shoot 3's or drive; no more long range two's.

If he does that i am good with him.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Some overreacting going on in here it it's expected. They may have been down 2 starters but didn't we beat them twice last year when they had everyone and we didn't have Bosh? That's not a good way to judge our season.

Dragic was an absolute no show. This loss is in Dragic Green and somewhat Bosh because he was getting abused by Love. Bosh has got to box out. They will redeem themselves though I'm sure of it. Wade looked great and so did a couple others. We really just need the time to gel and get Dragic worked in. Same goes for the 2nd unit as well. Amare as of right now should be behind Bird and Haslem in my opinion. Dragic needs to run more with the 2nd unit as well so he can be effective. As Slug said earlier there's no reason him Wade and Bosh should all be off there court at the same time that's just ridiculous.

I'm all for McRoberts being a playmaker but he has to score too. Defenses don't even have to guard him because the doesn't even look at the basket. If he starts scoring as well as playmaking then we'll be deadly in the second unit. Green also needs to look for better shots to get himself going. Wades definitely worked on his 3 point shot and free throws (14/14 on the season knock on wood). I'm confident with him shooting 3s especially wide open now because I think he can be effective. He would be 2/3 on the season had 1 not get called off last game and I know that's a small sample size but I've been noticing this since preseason.

SteBO
10-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Nothing to be worried about....as I said earlier, we can get our looks against that Cavs defense, and we did. They just didn't go in. Meanwhile, LBJ hit damn near every jumper imaginable and Love had his way inside and out. The starting unit looks a lot better than it did in the preseason (as little time as it was), we just need to get Dragic more in the flow. Overall, there's a good deal of positives to take from this game.....

AllBall
10-31-2015, 12:38 AM
One interesting thing is Stoudemire knew he was playing tonight days before this game, and he was inactive in game one.

Also in game one was somewhat surprised to see Haslem as the first big off the bench.

I hope these aren't preliminary indicators to Spo simply playing "shuffle the old big man". Where Haslem, Stoudemire, then Andersen are used in chronological order taking turns.

Please tell me that's not the case. Please tell me Spoelstra is flexible and this is based on actual strategy and game planning and going with the flow of the game picking who is needed. Please.

I have a strong suspicion that there was a bit of "nod nod / wink wink" agreement between Heat and Amare to showcase him during the nationally televised games. He came for the vet min, but I think he really has an ego on him and cares more about the fame and glam. Until I see him bust his behind on the floor and hustle, that's the impression I have of him.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 12:47 AM
I have a strong suspicion that there was a bit of "nod nod / wink wink" agreement between Heat and Amare to showcase him during the nationally televised games. He came for the vet min, but I think he really has an ego on him and cares more about the fame and glam. Until I see him bust his behind on the floor and hustle, that's the impression I have of him.

If that's the case throw his *** on the bench and tell him to retire lol.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 01:01 AM
Our starters ranged from +3 to +9 tonight while our second unit ranged from -16 to -19.

prodigy
10-31-2015, 01:17 AM
Healthy, we will be top 3 at the end of 82 games

We lost, but I ain't even mad, and here's why:

-We were getting good looks, they just didn't fall
-Winslow looked good
-Deng looked good
-Our starting 5 simply needs more time together
-Our second unit only played bad because Stoudamire killed things
-Green didn't light things up because wasn't getting the ball in transition because the whole flow of the second unit was killed by Stoudamire
-Dragic does not have many bad games, and he kept being agressive
-Wade was healthy and played all game
-Bosh was pretty much consistent, as usual
-We kept turnovers low
-I think we didn't really foul, but what did you expect on the Cavs home opener, home cooking (amirite!?)

Cavs played really good defense, I didn't see many open shots. Winslow didn't look to good either. Yea that's because of Lebron lol, but still wasn't a good game for him. He got mad talent though.

Whiteside is a great shot blocker. But if he don't block it, its going in. He got abused on the glass. Thompson, Love, AV, Moz all out played him. He had no help since Bosh is scared of contact and hangs around the 3 point line.

Nice seeing Wade healthy. He looked very good.

prodigy
10-31-2015, 01:24 AM
Getting absolutely no calls. Everything is going their way.

? wade got every call. Smith looked at him foul lol.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 02:17 AM
This was about the 3 out of bounds calls in a row that were reversed for yall in like the 1st quarter. Wade shot 8 free throws seems about right to me.

prodigy
10-31-2015, 04:56 AM
heat 22 FTs cavs 21 I thought it was a far called game. I hate games that are ruined by calls every 5 seconds let them play. sure there was not 3 bad out of bounds calls made in 1 Q.

AllBall
10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Cavs played really good defense, I didn't see many open shots.

Of course they did, what I'm referring to is the many shots that were in and out. Same for Dragic. Real HEAT fans that were watching since the pre-season know that many of the shots taken are automatic, they just didn't get the bounce this go. NBA is a game of statistics, sometimes they aren't in your favor. I can live with that.

Winslow didn't look to good either. Yea that's because of Lebron lol, but still wasn't a good game for him. He got mad talent though.

Winslow looked excellent, the fans agree, the coached agreed, the broadcasters agreed and the journalists agreed. That's not even a question. He played excellent defense without fouling and came with a strong energy. He's a 19 year old rook. No one expects him to shutdown Lebron, only a few people in this leauge can do that such as Kawhi Leonard.

Whiteside is a great shot blocker. But if he don't block it, its going in.

Ummm, that's kind of the point of why he should be blocking them. :confused:

He got abused on the glass. Thompson, Love, AV, Moz all out played him. He had no help since Bosh is scared of contact and hangs around the 3 point line.

Whiteside did not do what he needed to, but Stoudamire was 100x worse especially for a vet who knows the game.

heat 22 FTs cavs 21 I thought it was a far called game. I hate games that are ruined by calls every 5 seconds let them play. sure there was not 3 bad out of bounds calls made in 1 Q.

Looking at the totals does nothing. When you call fouls that disrupt the rhythm of the game (all which happened in the 1st quarter) that gives the opposing team enough opportunity to build a lead. But hey, we get it, its homecooking. I saw every home opener, and all teams got it to start their season (even the HEAT). So no one here is saying that this is the sole and primary reason for the HEAT loss, we're just pointing it didn't help.

justinnum1
10-31-2015, 11:51 AM
stats is trash. never liked hat scrub. dragic sucks too, wasted 2 first round picks just to overpay this guy. smfh.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 12:00 PM
If we're 2-2 at the worst heading into the easiest part of our schedule after the Hawks game I'll be happy. We need to beat the rockets while they're down and Bosh and Whiteside need to step up against Millsap and Horford and not get killed against the Hawks like they did the Cavs.

SteBO
10-31-2015, 12:25 PM
stats is trash. never liked hat scrub. dragic sucks too, wasted 2 first round picks just to overpay this guy. smfh.
Give him time bro....he's a high IQ ballplayer, he'll come around and when he does, this will be one of the best scoring lineups in the league. With you on Stat though, what an atrocity...

beasted86
10-31-2015, 12:48 PM
Dragic doesn't suck. That's absurd.

But I do believe he's a system player. We're not going to see production anywhere close to his 20PPG season so long as he plays with Wade, Whiteside, Deng, and this half court heavy offense.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 01:07 PM
Dragic doesn't suck. That's absurd.

But I do believe he's a system player. We're not going to see production anywhere close to his 20PPG season so long as he plays with Wade, Whiteside, Deng, and this half court heavy offense.

I agree with you but if that's what works for the majority of our players he's going to have to adapt fast. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to hit his open shots and finish in the lane after a good move. He can't be outplayed by 2nd string PGs and guys making the minimum if we're going to be successful.

hotdalton18
10-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Dragic doesn't suck

But he's pointless on a team with wade

beasted86
10-31-2015, 04:43 PM
I feel like the key to maximizing Dragic is getting him out there with units that can space the floor and run.

Dragic-Green-Winslow-McRoberts-Bosh
Dragic-Johnson-Green-Winslow-Whiteside
Dragic-Green-Winslow-Deng-Bosh

The more Dragic and Green time the better for each other, IMO. The key that Spo will need to balance is having two defenders out there at the same time.

I agree there is redundancy with Wade, especially if Dragic cannot spot up off the ball. But it is what it is at this point. Wade is a half court player and he's our go to player on offense.

Overall people need to just realize in these first two games we faced two of the more slower, half court operated teams in the league. The Hornets and Cavs want to control the pace of the game and this will mean a down night for Dragic.

Facing teams like the Cavs, Wizards, Hornets, and Bulls (at least the Thibbs operated style) will be a slow night for him since the pace will slow down.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 04:56 PM
3 of those 4 teams are the teams were competing with to get to the ECF/Finals so he's going to have to find a way to adjust. I think he's definitely capable and I do agree that him and Green should play together when the second unit comes in since they have a history of chemistry and playing well with each other.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Terrence Jones is out tomorrow btw so we should have the advantage in the front court. Idk if Montejiunas or whatever is hurt or not but I assume he'll be starting. If so Bosh needs to make sure and close out on him on the perimeter and not let him get hot like Love did last night.

Mr. Baller
10-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Motiejunas is out as well

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Good then we don't have to worry about a stretch 4 unless they slide Ariza or Brewer down there. Any clue who they would have to plug in at the 4?

justinnum1
10-31-2015, 07:57 PM
winnable game tomorrow, rockets have been struggling. hopefully dragic doesnt get outplayed by a vet min backup again.

Mr. Baller
10-31-2015, 08:53 PM
winnable game tomorrow, rockets have been struggling. hopefully dragic doesnt get outplayed by a vet min backup again.

You realize they got Ty lawson right?

Mr. Baller
10-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Good then we don't have to worry about a stretch 4 unless they slide Ariza or Brewer down there. Any clue who they would have to plug in at the 4?

Montrez Harrell

hotdalton18
10-31-2015, 11:28 PM
Lil B put that curse on Harden

So we don't have to worry about him

prodigy
11-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Of course they did, what I'm referring to is the many shots that were in and out. Same for Dragic. Real HEAT fans that were watching since the pre-season know that many of the shots taken are automatic, they just didn't get the bounce this go. NBA is a game of statistics, sometimes they aren't in your favor. I can live with that.

Winslow looked excellent, the fans agree, the coached agreed, the broadcasters agreed and the journalists agreed. That's not even a question. He played excellent defense without fouling and came with a strong energy. He's a 19 year old rook. No one expects him to shutdown Lebron, only a few people in this leauge can do that such as Kawhi Leonard.

Ummm, that's kind of the point of why he should be blocking them. :confused:

Whiteside did not do what he needed to, but Stoudamire was 100x worse especially for a vet who knows the game.

Looking at the totals does nothing. When you call fouls that disrupt the rhythm of the game (all which happened in the 1st quarter) that gives the opposing team enough opportunity to build a lead. But hey, we get it, its homecooking. I saw every home opener, and all teams got it to start their season (even the HEAT). So no one here is saying that this is the sole and primary reason for the HEAT loss, we're just pointing it didn't help.

Lebron was coming off 2 pretty bad shooting games. including the blowout vs griz where he was 4-13. I'm sure he wanted to make a point to the heat and NBA that he's still elite. But Winslow got scored on almost every time. I'm just saying Cavs game was not a great example of the skills Winslow has. That's just my opinion. When a guy scores on u every time its a bad game. Like I said he's got mad talent though. Also didn't score really at all even when the team needed someone to step him.

Point of defense isn't to block every shot. Its to stop ur man from scoring by any means. He's a freak athlete and I do seem him becoming one of the better centers in this game. (if he keeps a clear head). But Cavs kept going at him because they knew his man to man defense wasn't very good and not much strength so he can be over powered. Like I said if he didn't block it they scored on him and over him at will. I blame Bosh for this two. Whiteside had zero help.

I know what I say about the refs won't mean much because it looks like I'm bias. But I liked the pace of the game, and other then the ticky tack fouls called for wade and even Love on his first and 1 I thought it was a solid game for the refs. IDK if u saw the Cavs-Bulls game. that was a complete joke. Or any game with Harder or Curry in it. Those refs babies.

MiamiLoyal926
11-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Lebron was coming off 2 pretty bad shooting games. including the blowout vs griz where he was 4-13. I'm sure he wanted to make a point to the heat and NBA that he's still elite. But Winslow got scored on almost every time. I'm just saying Cavs game was not a great example of the skills Winslow has. That's just my opinion. When a guy scores on u every time its a bad game. Like I said he's got mad talent though. Also didn't score really at all even when the team needed someone to step him.

Point of defense isn't to block every shot. Its to stop ur man from scoring by any means. He's a freak athlete and I do seem him becoming one of the better centers in this game. (if he keeps a clear head). But Cavs kept going at him because they knew his man to man defense wasn't very good and not much strength so he can be over powered. Like I said if he didn't block it they scored on him and over him at will. I blame Bosh for this two. Whiteside had zero help.

I know what I say about the refs won't mean much because it looks like I'm bias. But I liked the pace of the game, and other then the ticky tack fouls called for wade and even Love on his first and 1 I thought it was a solid game for the refs. IDK if u saw the Cavs-Bulls game. that was a complete joke. Or any game with Harder or Curry in it. Those refs babies.

I understand what you are saying about the end result still being a scored basket over and over.... but Winslow defended almost to perfection every time. A good defenders' goal is to make the player work for his shot and settle for a pass or bad/highly contested shot. Winslow did just that on all but the first shot against Lebron. To only focus on the end result is to throw any basketball knowledge out the window and just stat sheet read. Winslow made the best player in the game take difficult/highly contested shots. Thing is, Lebron was feeling it... that does not make it a bad game for Winslow. Matter of fact, I was highly impressed by how he defended lebron.

Whiteside was exposed as a week man to man defender for sure. His body language and effort look like someone who is half asleep on offense and defense. He needs to move like haslem and birdman... with purpose, effort, and evens some grit sprinkled in!

All in all, it was naive for us to expect a win against the eastern conference champs on their home opener as the team meant to challenge them in the east this year. They likely had this date circled on their calendars as a game to send a message and as a must win game for their fans.

Mr. Baller
11-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Dwight out

justinnum1
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM
You realize they got Ty lawson right?

Yea, and pat bev is their vet min backup. Thought you would know that.

beasted86
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Yea, and pat bev is their vet min backup. Thought you would know that.

Patrick Beverly makes $6.5M a season.

justinnum1
11-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Patrick Beverly makes $6.5M a season.

oh, excuse me. He is still the backup pg tho. And starting next year, 6.5mil is going to be low anyways with the new cba