8. Jordan Hill
9. DM;DR
10. Jennings
11. Terrence Williams
12. Henderson
13. Hansborough
14. Earl Clarke
15. Austin Daye

Holiday, Teague, Lawson, Collison, Casspi, Gibson, Carroll, Blair, Beverly, Thornton, Budinger, Green, and Mills (Spurs seemed to grab two of the best players available late in the draft), and then, of course, Wesley Matthews went undrafted.

So how should this have went? Let's go top 15. Curry Blake and Harden are obviously going in the top 3, but in what order, and who follows?

Hawkeye15
10-27-2015, 10:48 AM
as a Wolves fan, thank you so much for this thread.....

Scoots
10-27-2015, 12:28 PM

LOL. Sorry dude, but almost every franchise has some seriously stupid things in their past.

The Warriors traded Chris Webber for Tom Gugliotta and that's not CLOSE to the worst thing they've done. How about Kevin McHale and the Chief for a bag of donuts? An unprotected high first round pick for a player who played 17 more minutes in his career ... and not because he was injured but because he was terrible. Oh it's a looooong list.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-27-2015, 12:28 PM

There's really not a substantial difference in draft order for the top 4 picks if you replace Thabeet with Curry. The Wolves would have first dibs at good players like Teague, Holiday, Lawson, Collison, and Rubio, but not really any franchise cornerstones. I understand where you're coming from but it's really nothing to get too excited over as a Wolves fan.

Scoots
10-27-2015, 12:33 PM
Today I think it would be Griffin, Harden, Curry to start the draft.

After those 3 (who could really go in any order and be reasonable) there is a group of about 8 guys who are flawed and talented players and they could go all over the place too. I don't see one of them clearly above the others ... for every positive there are significant negatives ... Rubio's health and shooting, Holidays health, Matthews health, etc.

xbrackattackx
10-27-2015, 01:24 PM
1.Curry
2.Harden
3.Blake
4.Matthews
5.Demar Derozan
6.Teague
7.Gibson
8.Lawson
9.Evans
11.Carroll
12.Holiday
13.Henderson
14.Green
15.Collison
16.Beverly
17.Jennings
18.Jordan Hill
19.Rubio
20.Mills
21.Blair
22.Caspri
23.Budinger
24.Pyscho T
25.T-Will
26.Thorton
27.Earl Clark
28.Austin Daye
29.Thabeet
30.Flynn

This is mine and just my opinion.

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2015, 04:36 PM
1.Curry
2.Harden
3.Blake
4.Matthews
5.Demar Derozan
6.Teague
7.Gibson
8.Lawson
9.Evans
11.Carroll
12.Holiday
13.Henderson
14.Rubio
15.Collison
16.Beverly
17.Green
18.Jordan Hill
19.Brandon Jennings
20.Mills
21.Blair
22.Caspri
23.Budinger
24.Pyscho T
25.T-Will
26.Thorton
27.Earl Clark
28.Austin Daye
29.Thabeet
30.Flynn

This is mine and just my opinion.

To me, this is a testament to the Spurs; they didn't have a top-25 pick, yet picked three guys that year that most would agree are in the top 25, or even top 20 (though Blair hasn't had long-term success).

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2015, 04:37 PM

Sorry Hawkeye...

I'm curious, other than Curry, would would you have rather the T-Wolves picked that year?

Hawkeye15
10-27-2015, 04:51 PM
There's really not a substantial difference in draft order for the top 4 picks if you replace Thabeet with Curry. The Wolves would have first dibs at good players like Teague, Holiday, Lawson, Collison, and Rubio, but not really any franchise cornerstones. I understand where you're coming from but it's really nothing to get too excited over as a Wolves fan.

You take Curry and Rubio, then flip Rubio to a team throwing assets at you. Jonny Flynn man. JONNY FLYNN!

HandsOnTheWheel
10-27-2015, 05:37 PM
That draft must have really affected you lol. You're looking at it like the top 4 picks are set in stone and the Wolves have the golden ticket to be able to nab Curry, Rubio, etc. Its a redraft of the entire draft which would entail Griffin, Harden, and Curry being long gone after the first three picks are made, thus leaving good to mediocre players left. Jonny Flynn is a superstar tho don't know what you mean ;)

OlivaThor
10-27-2015, 06:34 PM
1. Blake
2. Harden
3. Curry
4. Derozan
5. Evans
6. Carroll
7. Teague
8. Lawson
9. Holiday
10. Jennings
11. Gibson
12. Henderson
13. Rubio
14. Hill
15. Beverly
16. Who cares

FlashBolt
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Seeing Rubio at #5 makes me cringe...

Saddletramp
10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
To me, this is a testament to the Spurs; they didn't have a top-25 pick, yet picked three guys that year that most would agree are in the top 25, or even top 20 (though Blair hasn't had long-term success).

The Spurs didn't draft Mills or Green. They drafted DeJuan Blair, Nando De Colo and Jack McClinton. Granted, they have turned a couple of late picks into a great role players, but their picks sucked (for the most part).

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2015, 08:59 PM
The Spurs didn't draft Mills or Green. They drafted DeJuan Blair, Nando De Colo and Jack McClinton. Granted, they have turned a couple of late picks into a great role players, but their picks sucked (for the most part).

Right right... I keep thinking those guys got draft by SA. My bad. Good call.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2015, 09:08 PM
That draft must have really affected you lol. You're looking at it like the top 4 picks are set in stone and the Wolves have the golden ticket to be able to nab Curry, Rubio, etc. Its a redraft of the entire draft which would entail Griffin, Harden, and Curry being long gone after the first three picks are made, thus leaving good to mediocre players left. Jonny Flynn is a superstar tho don't know what you mean ;)

Eh, you missed my sense of humor then....

Rubio, and Gibson would have been fine. I just resent Kahn quite a bit...

IndyRealist
10-27-2015, 09:28 PM

Well I mean, how different could that team have been if they had taken Curry and Jordan Hill instead of Rubio and Flynn. I mean, a lot of these retrospectives end up with guys in the 20's being some of the most productive players in class, but were hard or impossible to predict at the time. But Curry and Hill would have been COMPLETELY reasonable.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-27-2015, 10:58 PM
^^ missed my sarcasm altogether

HandsOnTheWheel
10-27-2015, 11:03 PM
^ yes the team would have been shook up with different players. The point is that Curry would not be available at 5 if we're disregarding the real draft and reordering players from 1-15 based on a talent standpoint knowing what we know now.

Jeffy25
10-28-2015, 04:56 AM
1. Clippers - Curry
2. Memphis - Harden
3. Thunder - Blake
4. Kings - Lawson
5. Wolves - DeRozan
6. Wolves - Gibson
7. Warriors - Teague
8. Knicks - Jennings
9. Raptors - Green
10. Bucks - Evans

IndyRealist
10-28-2015, 07:37 AM
^ yes the team would have been shook up with different players. The point is that Curry would not be available at 5 if we're disregarding the real draft and reordering players from 1-15 based on a talent standpoint knowing what we know now.

No I got the sarcasm. I was making the far more interesting point that the Wolves really COULD have nabbed Curry (and Hill) and their fortunes would have been completely different. People look in hindsight and say, "how could they have picked player A over player B?" But my point is that in the real draft, not this reorder, that Curry/Hill would have been completely reasonable. Instead the Wolves wanted 8 PGs and still didn't take the best one.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Definitely up there on the all time ****-up list.

AI
10-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Ugh this draft will forever haunt us Knick fans, so close to Curry, so close. :(

Jetsguy
10-28-2015, 12:18 PM
1. Curry
2. Blake
3. Harden

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2015, 07:36 PM
The 2009 draft was probably the best for guards since 1996-97.

1. Stephen Curry
2. James Harden
3. Blake Griffin
4. Ty Lawson
5. Danny Green