PDA

View Full Version : #NBArank 11-15 includes Wall, Cousins, Aldridge, Howard and Lillard

mrblisterdundee
10-25-2015, 06:15 PM
ESPN recently announced Nos. 11 through 15 (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13945813/nbarank-11-15) on #NBArank. It includes, in descending order, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard and Damian Lillard.
I'm a Blazers fan, but I don't quite get why everyone's so high on Lillard. He's good offensively, but he hasn't proven to be even a decent defender, and he got a lot of open shots being in a fairly talented starting five in Portland. There were a lot of times he looked like an inefficient chucker. We'll really see how good he is this season, when his next-best running mate is Mason Plumlee at No. 128. Prepare for the lottery, Portland.

KG2TB
10-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Aldridge over Cousins? Definitely don't agree

I'd put Howard over Lillard too.

DanG
10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't agree with Kawhi, Gasol in the top 10. Cousins is the best center and should be in the top 10. Kawhi is very good, but he is just not there yet offensively.

Lillard is 10 spots too high too IMO. I think Tim Duncan is still a top 15 player and should be ranked higher than Love lol.

Scoots
10-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Aldridge over Cousins? Definitely don't agree

I'd put Howard over Lillard too.

That's what it is ... you read it backwards. Wall is 11, Lilliard is 15.

Scoots
10-25-2015, 07:34 PM
It's all wild speculation. As long as players are close to where they should be we should just accept it and move on.

That said, I think in general D is under-rated for the most part so I'd push some of the elite offensive players down some, but we also have the opposite where elite defensive players who are not good on O are getting too high too.

MonroeFAN
10-26-2015, 05:59 AM
I would rank Klay ahead of all of these players.

Hawkeye15
10-26-2015, 01:13 PM
ewing will not be happy with Wall landing there.

ewing
10-26-2015, 03:44 PM
ewing will not be happy with Wall landing there.

It not my fault people can't get over the fable the league sold you on this guy. His team has talent, sucks on offensive, and everyone calls this guy all NBA b/c he is a play making PG. If they can make the play give it to Durrant he will become legit b/c he can push the **** out of the ball and play D. Right now the Wizard are team with talent that sucks in the 1/2 court. Sorry, if Wall is going to have the ball all the time you got to peg that on him

kozelkid
10-26-2015, 04:38 PM
It not my fault people can't get over the fable the league sold you on this guy. His team has talent, sucks on offensive, and everyone calls this guy all NBA b/c he is a play making PG. If they can make the play give it to Durrant he will become legit b/c he can push the **** out of the ball and play D. Right now the Wizard are team with talent that sucks in the 1/2 court. Sorry, if Wall is going to have the ball all the time you got to peg that on him
Couldn't agree with you more.

Blitzbolt
10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Why is Cousins better then Gasol??? Gasol is tops in both offense and defense while cousins gets garbage stats on team with nothing to play for?

Scoots
10-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Why is Cousins better then Gasol??? Gasol is tops in both offense and defense while cousins gets garbage stats on team with nothing to play for?

I like Gasol, but on talent Cousins is superior. I think on a good team (if his head is on straight) he would be awesome.

Hawkeye15
10-26-2015, 08:17 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you at all, you just lead the parade against Wall's typical ranking/impact.

No problems here buddy!

ewing
10-26-2015, 09:20 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with you at all, you just lead the parade against Wall's typical ranking/impact.

No problems here buddy!

He has talent and maybe one day becomes the kind of impact player people think he is now. For that to happen though he either has areas that he needs a lot of improvement on or he needs someone that is going to take the ball out of his hands more. If they had a true star offensive player like Durrant i am sure Wall would have a great impact. Right now i think his impact is drastically overrated.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2015, 09:34 AM
He has talent and maybe one day becomes the kind of impact player people think he is now. For that to happen though he either has areas that he needs a lot of improvement on or he needs someone that is going to take the ball out of his hands more. If they had a true star offensive player like Durrant i am sure Wall would have a great impact. Right now i think his impact is drastically overrated.

Wall doesn't have the IQ to be a top player.

numba1CHANGsta
10-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Espn rankings are crap, they ranked their lover LeBron 1st lol AD, Curry, Harden, KD/Westbrook, will all have better seasons than him