PDA

View Full Version : All-American White Team

zef_captain
10-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Roster of 12 players, but they must be american and white. Who do you take and how good are they.

Here is a list of available players and my thoughts.

http://theproseries.com/2015/10/white/

tredigs
10-25-2015, 12:46 AM
If a player is 3/4 caucasian and 1/4 african american, is he black?

Scoots
10-25-2015, 01:36 AM
If a player is 3/4 caucasian and 1/4 african american, is he black?

When Curry was in the oval office with Obama was there 1 white guy and 1 black guy in the room?

This is a strange thread.

BHF
10-25-2015, 02:38 AM
This thread wont last long lol

JasonJohnHorn
10-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Nationality and perceived race are so fluid, I'm not sure categories like this can be applied practically. But let's give it a try:

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Tobias Harris
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Joakim Noah

Note: This list is meant to challenge notions of perceived race

ewing
10-25-2015, 08:36 AM
Jeez you guys are sensitive

tredigs
10-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Jeez you guys are sensitive

Didn't see anybody being sensitive. Realistic questions. If we make this an "all black American list", can they not have any Caucasian? I feel like that would rule out most players.

ewing
10-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Didn't see anybody being sensitive. Realistic questions.

Not really he gave you a list of available players. all see is grandstanding. Oh someone said race "look at me, look at me, i'm enlightened".

McAllen Tx
10-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Is there enough white players in the NBA to fill out a 12 man roster?

tredigs
10-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Not really he gave you a list of available players. all see is grandstanding. Oh someone said race "look at me, look at me, i'm enlightened".

I don't care what his list is, my question was is a player nullified if they have any other race in them. Or do they have to be 100% one thing. All I see is you muddling a very straight forward question.

OlivaThor
10-25-2015, 10:08 AM
PG Hinrich, Freddette
SG Korver, Reddick
SF Hayward, Parsons, Dekker
PF Love, Lee, Kaminski
C Plumlee, McGary

Weak pgs, not an elite defense, insane BB IQ, insane spacing

ewing
10-25-2015, 10:24 AM
I don't care what his list is, my question was is a player nullified if they have any other race in them. Or do they have to be 100% one thing. All I see is you muddling a very straight forward question.

not having any of the other race them would rule out everyone. does that mean we should never refer to anyone as white or black? I don't think so. maybe your post wasn't grandstanding. my guess is it was :shrug:

looking at Oliva's team it does say something about just how bad white people are at basketball :hide:: that team doesn't sniff the playoffs. I don't even think Jimmer will be in the league this year LOL The popularity of many of those players probably also says something about ingrained bias/fans. whatever, no offense intended just making a point

OlivaThor
10-25-2015, 10:31 AM
not having any of the other race them would rule out everyone. does that mean we should never refer to anyone as white or black? I don't think so. maybe your post wasn't grandstanding. my guess is it was :shrug:

looking at Oliva's team it does say something about just how bad white people are at basketball :hide:: that team doesn't sniff the playoffs. I don't even think Jimmer will be in the league this year LOL The popularity of many of those players probably also says something about ingrained bias/fans. whatever, no offense intended just making a point

No playoff? That team would be 2nd/3rd in the East and 6th/7th in the West. Lame PG and C position but Korver, Reddick, Hayward, Parsons, Love would kill everyone with their enourmous BB IQ and spacing.

tredigs
10-25-2015, 10:58 AM
@Ewing, your ignorance is showing again. My point is that his list looks like essentially 100% -white- Americans. So in a list of this nature for blacks, we'd have to expect them not to able to include any light skinned fellas.

Also, are you saying Jimmer wasn't an electric player in college who lit up the league, and that his popularity was more about being white? Do you have a similar style black player (please make sure 100% black) example his season that you thought deserved more hype?

Simply saying "white" doesn't make much sense either. It's a black sport in the US but I'm pretty sure a large % of foreign talent are white dudes.

Scoots
10-25-2015, 11:25 AM
I am a mutt. My grandmother called my father Gringo and his brother Negro. If "white" is just a skin color thing then Curry and Thompson might qualify as Steve Nash was often more tan than they are.

I'm tired of things being termed "racist" when they clearly are not. "Racist" means that someone sees a race as inherently inferior or superior. Noting differences between groups of people separated by race is not racist it's racial.

That said, this is a pointless thread since I hope we are basketball fans and not fans of white basketball or black basketball or brown basketball.

ewing
10-25-2015, 12:04 PM
No playoff? That team would be 2nd/3rd in the East and 6th/7th in the West. Lame PG and C position but Korver, Reddick, Hayward, Parsons, Love would kill everyone with their enourmous BB IQ and spacing.

i was wrong when i said they couldn't sniff the playoffs. i didn't look at it close enough. I saw that one of the 12 best was a guy that probably wont be in the league and best starting PG you could muster was Kirk. Their is some talent their though they lack on D and in play making.

ewing
10-25-2015, 12:06 PM
@Ewing, your ignorance is showing again. My point is that his list looks like essentially 100% -white- Americans. So in a list of this nature for blacks, we'd have to expect them not to able to include any light skinned fellas.

Also, are you saying Jimmer wasn't an electric player in college who lit up the league, and that his popularity was more about being white? Do you have a similar style black player (please make sure 100% black) example his season that you thought deserved more hype?

Simply saying "white" doesn't make much sense either. It's a black sport in the US but I'm pretty sure a large % of foreign talent are white dudes.

Thanks

McAllen Tx
10-25-2015, 12:19 PM
PG Hinrich, Freddette
SG Korver, Reddick
PF Love, Lee, Kaminski
C Plumlee, McGary

Hoosiers 2?

SpeeMN
10-25-2015, 12:44 PM
PG - Nick Calathes, Hinrich, Steve Blake
SG - Korver, Reddick
SF - Hayward, Parsons
PF - Love, Lee
C - Lopez, Lopez, Plumlee

Not the best Guards, but their experience can go far with the talent at the other spots. Love and Lee can show off their Rebounding skills. 3pt shooters and well rounded scoring. Defense hurts though.

JasonJohnHorn
10-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Ewing, when you ask to fans of the sport to categorize players as one race, then rank them as that, don't expect people to just respond with: GREAT IDEA!!

It's naive. People don't want to be categorized, nor to they want to have to categorize others, especially based on something as trivial as skin colour.

You want to look at what different systems have produced, fine. Let's list the best Duke players, or NC players. Let's list best Euroleague players. But based on colour?

Scoots
10-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Ewing, when you ask to fans of the sport to categorize players as one race, then rank them as that, don't expect people to just respond with: GREAT IDEA!!

It's naive. People don't want to be categorized, nor to they want to have to categorize others, especially based on something as trivial as skin colour.

You want to look at what different systems have produced, fine. Let's list the best Duke players, or NC players. Let's list best Euroleague players. But based on colour?

Ewing was not the OP.

Scoots
10-25-2015, 07:36 PM
JJ Barea, Greivis Vasquez, Luis Scola, Anderson Varejao, Tiago Splitter, Manu Ginobili, Kelly Olynyk, and Nik Stauskas are all American, but can we consider them white with all those tans?

If we can count them then people from the islands count too ... can we get Tim Duncan? His mother is white, and if we get Duncan then there are a LOT of players back in the mix.

likemystylez
10-25-2015, 07:53 PM
JJ Barea, Greivis Vasquez, Luis Scola, Anderson Varejao, Tiago Splitter, Manu Ginobili, Kelly Olynyk, and Nik Stauskas are all American, but can we consider them white with all those tans?

If we can count them then people from the islands count too ... can we get Tim Duncan? His mother is white, and if we get Duncan then there are a LOT of players back in the mix.

But its not what the post is asking for....

the all american, american who happen to be white. Sorry Jack Swagger.

PS- this is a lame thread. Might as well make a team for players who were born in July

Scoots
10-25-2015, 09:12 PM
But its not what the post is asking for....

the all american, american who happen to be white. Sorry Jack Swagger.

PS- this is a lame thread. Might as well make a team for players who were born in July

Please define "white" ... JJ Barea looks pretty white to me so does Kelly Olynyk.

Dade County
10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Stockton
J west
Bird
Love
Mchale

Captain Moroni
10-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Roy white
Frank white
Reggie white
Bill white

ewing
10-25-2015, 11:07 PM
a generation obsessed with selfies :shrug:

Scoots
10-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Stockton
J west
Bird
Love
Mchale

It was from the current NBA.

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 12:38 AM
It was from the current NBA.

Those guys might be able to beat the guys playing in the league today, even at their current age ;-)

It's like when Ty Cobb was asked what he would bat against "today's" pitchers when he was in his 70's. He said: .300. They said: You think today's pitchers are that good? He said: No, I'm 70 years old, I can't hit like I used to. Paraphrasing of course.

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Ewing was not the OP.

You are of course correct. I should made it clear that I was responding to the "Jeez you guys are sensitive" comment and a couple of subsequent comments. The "you" was meant as a general "you", not a specific one, but my syntax was admittedly not clear there.

mrblisterdundee
10-26-2015, 02:01 AM
Damn I wish Steve Nash was still in the NBA — woops; he's Canadian.

PG - Kirk Hinrich, Luke Ridnour
SG - Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver, J.J. Redick
SF - Chandler Parsons, Mike Dunleavy Jr.
PF - Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson
C - David Lee, Mason Plumlee, Tyler Zeller

G_S_W
10-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Roster of 12 players, but they must be american and white. Who do you take and how good are they.

Here is a list of available players and my thoughts.

http://theproseries.com/2015/10/white/

Amazing thread. Now let's rate the top 5 PG's in the NBA! Damn, this forum kicks ***.

JLynn943
10-26-2015, 04:01 AM
Why is Josh McRoberts not an option? He's American and white. He'd help get that offense running with the lack of point guards.

Kashmir13579
10-26-2015, 04:29 AM
Jeez you guys are sensitive this

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 09:47 AM
The black delegation proposes a trade of Matt Barnes for Chandler Parsons...

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 10:00 AM
the black delegation proposes a trade of matt barnes for chandler parsons...

lmao!!!!

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Amazing thread. Now let's rate the top 5 PG's in the NBA! Damn, this forum kicks ***.

It has dropped in quality over the last year :-(

Scoots
10-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Damn I wish Steve Nash was still in the NBA — woops; he's Canadian.

PG - Kirk Hinrich, Luke Ridnour
SG - Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver, J.J. Redick
SF - Chandler Parsons, Mike Dunleavy Jr.
PF - Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson
C - David Lee, Mason Plumlee, Tyler Zeller

Canada is part of America ... but even retired he'd be an upgrade.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 03:13 PM
White people absolutely CANNOT have Curry, Klay, or Blake....bad enough they already took all the best catchphrases from Martin!!!

Scoots
10-26-2015, 04:33 PM
White people absolutely CANNOT have Curry, Klay, or Blake....bad enough they already took all the best catchphrases from Martin!!!

Blake ... that's pronounced Ba-Lock-Ay right?

G_S_W
10-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Black (I mean Blake) and Steph are the two best white American players in the nba.

Oh wait, if you're part black, you're no longer white.

Let's create a thread for best mulatto and racially ambiguous point guards in the nba, dleague and wnba.

QuatreBarton
10-26-2015, 05:36 PM
PG Hinrich, Freddette
SG Korver, Reddick
PF Love, Lee, Kaminski
C Plumlee, McGary

So what you are saying is white players are better shooters and know the game better? U racist bastard!

G_S_W
10-26-2015, 06:20 PM
The black delegation proposes a trade of Matt Barnes for Chandler Parsons...

Too bad anyone of any race has to claim Matt Barnes.

OlivaThor
10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Kyle Korver is white. Kevin Garnett is black. Blake, Curry are mixed. Whats a big deal? OP wanted roster of All-American white only team. All he received was a ton of crap.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 07:03 PM
I personally would love to see a team full of Billy Hoyles. Would be some of the cleanest pick and roll action you'll ever see, mad hockey assist, extra passes, and efficient shooting the likes of which you may never see again.....

OlivaThor
10-26-2015, 07:08 PM
I personally would love to see a team full of Billy Hoyles. Would be some of the cleanest pick and roll action you'll ever see, mad hockey assist, extra passes, and efficient shooting the likes of which you may never see again.....

No Snipes at PG?

OlivaThor
10-26-2015, 07:11 PM
So what you are saying is white players are better shooters and know the game better? U racist bastard!

Korver, Reddick, Haywar, Parsons, Love would have an insane BB IQ, insane spacing = white players are better shooters and know the game better? Get your head out from your ... and stop with this racist crap. It is realy annoying

Scoots
10-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Kyle Korver is white. Kevin Garnett is black. Blake, Curry are mixed. Whats a big deal? OP wanted roster of All-American white only team. All he received was a ton of crap.

But how do you define "white"? I'm Scottish, Bolivian, German, American Indian, African, and some other stuff ... am I white? I look as white if I stay out of the sun while my uncle looks a lot darker than Curry. My mother told me to always put "Caucasian" on forms I fill out ... does that make me white?

I didn't give the OP "crap" and I don't really think anybody did ... all that happened was people asked questions and some people made jokes. Just the same sorts of things that happen on every thread in this forum.

OlivaThor
10-26-2015, 07:34 PM
But how do you define "white"? I'm Scottish, Bolivian, German, American Indian, African, and some other stuff ... am I white? I look as white if I stay out of the sun while my uncle looks a lot darker than Curry. My mother told me to always put "Caucasian" on forms I fill out ... does that make me white?

It must have been one hell of a party

G_S_W
10-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Kevin Love is part Black. Therefore, he is not white. He is Black. No, wait, he is mixed.

Probably half of all "white" people are mixed anyway.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 07:49 PM

No Snipes at PG?

Nah man, no Sydney Deans bro! I'm trying to win the game not look good! Lol

OlivaThor
10-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Kevin Love is part Black. Therefore, he is not white. He is Black. No, wait, he is mixed.

Probably half of all "white" people are mixed anyway.

No all of world population are mixed historicaly. But if you take parents and grandparents, you will have the result. Kevin Love iss part black? Didnīt know it.

76erEaglePhils
10-26-2015, 08:14 PM
C Bill Walton
PF Kevin Love
SF Larry Bird
SG Chris Mullin
PG John Stockton

G_S_W
10-26-2015, 08:25 PM
No all of world population are mixed historicaly. But if you take parents and grandparents, you will have the result. Kevin Love iss part black? Didnīt know it.

Yeah this racial purity assumption is totally idiotic.

Didn't know Love was part black? Check his rebounding stats brah. Obviously got black genes.

FlashBolt
10-26-2015, 08:39 PM
This is such a pointless thread. Might as well have a thread for every single demographic.

lol, please
10-26-2015, 09:46 PM
This thread is racist.

And how do you define white? Draymond Green is part white.

Scoots
10-27-2015, 12:19 AM
This thread is racist.

If you think this thread is racist then you don't know the definition of racism.

FlashBolt
10-27-2015, 02:48 AM
This thread is racist.

How? Stop being so sensitive.

lol, please
10-27-2015, 02:50 AM
I was kidding dude. Lol.

ewing
10-27-2015, 05:43 AM

Come watch me play at the Jewish Center on Wensday nights. The actions is fantastic!

tredigs
10-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Come watch me play at the Jewish Center on Wensday nights. The actions is fantastic!

I host a rec league at the local Juvy. The action is way better, I assure you. All are welcome.

ewing
10-27-2015, 08:07 AM
I host a rec league at the local Juvy. The action is way better, I assure you. All are welcome.

That's trash basketball

Tony_Starks
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Glad to see some people still have a sense of humor.....