PDA

View Full Version : Interesting/Funny Things You Thought About Players When You Were Much Younger

NetsPaint
10-24-2015, 07:36 PM
When I was growing up I think I thought Iverson was the luckiest player in the world with the shots he was making. I don't remember clearly, but I think I might have thought it wasn't, or might have not, been skill with the shots he was making. I don't remember disliking him, and I usually only watched Hornets and Knicks games, some in the regular season and most in the Playoffs, so maybe I was watching the Sixers vs. Hornets Playoffs. I'm a big fan of Iverson now, top three favorite of all-time, and now I know those shots were amazing talent.

Anything interesting/funny you used to think about players, or about the NBA in general?

jerellh528
10-24-2015, 11:49 PM
I always thought NBA/nfl players were godlike human beings who are Heros and role models. Turns out a lot of them are ****** people or thugs unworthy of admiration for anything they do except play with leather balls. And on top of that, the ones I knew growing up and turned pro also happened to be the most dumb people around back then, academically. So I pretty much view them like race horses now lol.

Scoots
10-25-2015, 01:34 AM
I thought Ewing must have a medical condition to sweat so much.

McAllen Tx
10-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Always thought Tyrone Hill & Manute Bol looked ashy all the time. Thought either could of made a good penny endorsing Jergens or something

julienbball
10-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Growing up I couldn't understand how some players were still playing in the league, after bouncing around so much and never really showing any skills. (i.e Loren Woods, Adonal Foyle, Devean George, Travis Knight etc...)
It took me a while to figure out the meaning of veteran presence or practice bodies.

Gander13SM
10-26-2015, 10:20 AM
When I was really young my friend told me Michael Jordan once dunked from the half court line, I thought it was true.

Then he dunked from the free throw line and it was very "meh"... like why isn't he dunking from half court again?

lmfao, oh to be young and naive again.

R. Johnson#3
10-26-2015, 10:37 AM
I always thought Shawn Bradley was incredibly stupid just because of his alien character in Space Jam.

Kaner
10-26-2015, 11:28 AM
When I was first introduced to basketball I thought Derek Fisher was the goat of those early 00s Lakers. When I was like 6 we got live 00, Lakers we're the default team and Fisher was really good at 3's, always got the ball first, and was fast so he seemed really good.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 11:42 AM
After watching Blue Chips, then watching Penny as a rookie I thought he would be the next greatest player ever.....after Magic of course.

ewing
10-26-2015, 11:53 AM
I thought Moochie Norris was good a player based on the fact that he was on a good team and had a good name

Scoots
10-26-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought it was mean that Tyrone Bogues was called Muggsy just because he was short.

omdigga
10-26-2015, 01:21 PM
I never thought of fatigue as a factor in player performance.. I didnt realize professional athletes can get tired too.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2015, 02:26 PM
I thought Sheldon Williams looked like a Muppet character and there was no way he should've got my Candace Parker......thought that then, think it now!!

ewing
10-26-2015, 03:28 PM
I thought Sheldon Williams had incredible small ears. Based on how big he is, now i am not sure, but i still suspect

QuatreBarton
10-26-2015, 03:52 PM
When I was growing up I think I thought Iverson was the luckiest player in the world with the shots he was making. I don't remember clearly, but I think I might have thought it wasn't, or might have not, been skill with the shots he was making. I don't remember disliking him, and I usually only watched Hornets and Knicks games, some in the regular season and most in the Playoffs, so maybe I was watching the Sixers vs. Hornets Playoffs. I'm a big fan of Iverson now, top three favorite of all-time, and now I know those shots were amazing talent.

Anything interesting/funny you used to think about players, or about the NBA in general?

That was so ridiculously obvious that you were just trying to rant about how good you think Iverson was... smh

QuatreBarton
10-26-2015, 03:53 PM
I thought Shaq was the best 3 point shooter because he was so strong.

NetsPaint
10-26-2015, 10:50 PM
That was so ridiculously obvious that you were just trying to rant about how good you think Iverson was... smh
Ridiculously obvious you say.

WOwolfOL
10-27-2015, 12:15 AM
I thought Craig Hodges was an all star because he was in the 3PC