PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Amaro Jr to be 1B coach

grandsalami
10-24-2015, 03:47 PM
@nickcafardo: It appears former Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr will become Red Sox first base coach.

-Lavigne43-
10-24-2015, 03:59 PM
What the ****?

Bo Sox Fan
10-24-2015, 04:11 PM
It's Halloween not April fools.

-Lavigne43-
10-24-2015, 04:20 PM
He must badly want to be a manager.

grandsalami
10-24-2015, 05:14 PM
@JonHeymanCBS: Ruben Amaro will be red sox 1B coach. @nickcafardo 1st

Bo Sox Fan
10-24-2015, 05:24 PM
1st base coach huh. The position ranked just above the bat boy? Lol

SirHizz
10-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Maybe they hired him because they want his input in front office questions without him actually having any kind of say?
Like "Hey, let's ask what Amaro would have done in Philly, we will do the opposite!"

Well, I know that making jokes about RAJ is getting old. Most of the baseball world has been pretty tough on the guy for several years now and we should finally let go. If everyone was judged based on their first opportunity without getting a second chance, I would have failed over and over again.

I am glad he is trying to take another path. He's likely set for life in financial terma and maybe he's more satisfied with a lesser (keyword pressure) role as a coach.

GrkGawdofWalkz
10-26-2015, 01:04 PM
This is one if not the most mind boggling moves that I've seen during my baseball lifetime. Unless they want someone to have consistent talk between the GM/President down to Farrell, then what is the point. The article I read stated that his father Amaro Sr. was once a first base coach. But, seriously, I guess he had no options to be a special assignment scout or adviser. Which you can understand because he royally ****ed the Phillies over.

Station 13
10-27-2015, 09:24 AM
This is the closes Ruben will ever get to Mookie Betts.

ruckus16969
11-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Probably wanted to take a break from baseball without taking a break from baseball.

Smart move by DD. Who else than RAJ to pick there brain about players in the league. The past year no one has been more active in trade talks then the Phillies

RedSoxtober
11-01-2015, 10:15 PM
I don't buy the idea that RAJr was brought on board to pick his brain about anything. Without a doubt his comments about a desire to get back on the field could be a smokescreen but it's more believable than getting a guy on the field whom you want for his FO knowledge. If they really wanted to pick his brain then they would have named him special asst or something like that.

No, this was a move in which Farrell made the first contact. The two had (limited) time together on the 1995 Indians team that went to the WS.