PDA

View Full Version : Best teams in the east and west if players were in their primes today?

dee85
10-20-2015, 11:30 PM
If all aging players were restored back into their primes with the ones currently in their primes and the ones who have not hit theirs, who would be the best teams today? Where would you rank them in order?

Chicago Bulls
Derrick Rose
Jimmy Butler
Mike Dunleavy(Warriors/Pacers)
Pau Gasol(Grizzlies/Lakers)
Joakim Noah
Bench: Kirk Hinrich, Aaron Brooks, Jordan Crawford, Taj Gibson

Cleveland Cavaliers
Kyrie Irving
J.R. Smith(Nuggets/Knicks)
LeBron James
Kevin Love(Timberwolves)
Anderson Varejao
Bench: Richard Jefferson(Nets/Bucks), Mo Williams, Iman Shumpert, James Jones(Suns)

Dallas Mavericks
Deron Williams(Jazz)
Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Samuel Dalembert(76ers)
Bench: Devin Harris(Nets/Jazz), Raymond Felton(Bobcats/Knicks), Charlie Villanueva(Bucks), JJ Barea(Timberwolves), Zaza Pachulia(Hawks), JaVale McGee(Wizards/Nuggets)

Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala(76ers)
Draymond Green
Andrew Bogut(Bucks)
Bench: Leandro Barbosa(Suns), Shaun Livingston

Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul(Hornets)
Lance Stephenson(Pacers)
Paul Pierce(Celtics)
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan
Bench: Josh Smith(Hawks), Jamal Crawford, J.J. Redick

Memphis Grizzlies
Mike Conley
Vince Carter(Raptors/Nets)
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol
Bench: Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, Beno Udrih(Kings)

Miami Heat
Goran Dragic
Dwyane Wade
Luol Deng(Bulls)
Chris Bosh(Raptors)
Amare Stoudemire(Suns)
Bench: Gerald Green, Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside, Chris Andersen(Nuggets/Hornets)

Minnesota Timberwolves
Andre Miller(Cavaliers/Clippers/Nuggets/76ers)
Andrew Wiggins
Tayshaun Prince(Pistons)
Kevin Garnett
Karl-Anthony Towns
Bench: Kevin Martin, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad

San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan
Bench: Boris Diaw(Suns), David West(Hornets), Danny Green, Rasual Butler

Pierzynski4Prez
10-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Spurs

HandsOnTheWheel
10-20-2015, 11:55 PM
Clips, Spurs, and Heat would all be sick.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-21-2015, 12:06 AM
We have this thread like every other month.

Dade County
10-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Prime wade would be too much to deal with, but timmy with that spurs team is just crazy.

Shlumpledink
10-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Clippers and Spurs are still the best

PhillyFaninLA
10-21-2015, 04:36 AM
One thing that is missing is the young teams...some of these young teams will be in there prime in a few years...I'm not saying any of them belong on the list but the young teams deserve at least special mention

edit:

For the record I don't think the Sixers belong on the list. Even is Stastkuas, Nole, Okafer, and Saric can become what they are capable and play together....and guys living Covington, Grant, Thompson, and McConnell all become the bench pieces they are capable of we are still without a point guard to run the show and without our point guard we don't belong in the conversation.

With that said I stand by my point that young teams deserve mention in the conversation.

MonroeFAN
10-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Probably the heat. Unfortunately that's not the case at all.

KnicksorBust
10-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Wow Prime STAT and Udonis Haslem.

YAALREADYKNO
10-21-2015, 08:48 AM
The heat would be the best team IMO. Prime wade with prime bosh with prime amare with a fresh luol deng? Even Chris Anderson was a block machine in his prime even tho it was only like 2 yrs but still

The clips would be solid too along with the Bulls

nycericanguy
10-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Spurs easily... Prime Duncan was one of the all time greats... plus prime Parker & Manu?

Heck even prime Diaw & West are two damn good players.

then Add in LMA, Green, and Khawi!

heat would have a lot of talent too, but i'd take Khawi over Deng, Duncan/LMA/West over Amare/Bosh because of defense... and Manu & Parker over Wade alone. SPurs team is much better fit and much better defensively.

Yanks All Day
10-21-2015, 09:08 AM
I think we haven't seen the primes of many of these players yet. The Warriors are all so young. Guys like Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard haven't come close to their prime years yet. So it's harder to project that.

Right off the bat, the Spurs, Cavs, Mavs, Clippers, and Heat stand out, though. And I'm not really sure who would be able to score on that Grizzlies team.

My number 1 would easily be San Antonio, though. They've won 50 games 15 straight seasons while essentially staggering the prime years of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. We never really saw them all together playing their best basketball. They've added guys like Leonard and Aldridge. That team, if everyone was in their prime, would be spectacular.

krrys11
10-21-2015, 09:55 AM
LAKERS!!!!

Prime Kobe and Prime RON

We would get to playoffs....

Then we would lose to Spurs. There would be no way any team could stop those Spurs...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Only 8 teams to pick from? Guess you left out young teams cause a bit of unknown.

KnicksorBust
10-21-2015, 11:32 AM
The heat would be the best team IMO. Prime wade with prime bosh with prime amare with a fresh luol deng? Even Chris Anderson was a block machine in his prime even tho it was only like 2 yrs but still

The clips would be solid too along with the Bulls

Don't forget a PRIME Udonis Haslem.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-21-2015, 01:09 PM

And Prime Winslow. He's practically considered to be God's gift by all HEAT fans.

JasonJohnHorn
10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
I think.... th T-Wolves would actually be pretty good. This premise would mean that Wiggins is already in his prime, and also Garnett.... along with Kevin Martin.... and Tayshaun Prince. Rubio is a wash, but they'd have Andre Miller in his prime. Pekovic and Dieng at C, and Lavine and Anthony-Towns both fast-tracked to their respective primes.

This team would be stellar. No depth at point guard, yes, but they'd be tearing it up at every other position.

dee85
10-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Lakers with a prime Kobe & prime Ron Artest would be nice. There's also Roy Hibbert, Nick Young, Lou Williams, and Brandon Bass.

Timberwolves wouldn't be too shabby either with a prime KG, Andre Miller, and Tayshaun Prince along with Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Shabazz. This cast is better than the others KG had you could say this team would be better than the 2003-2004 T-Wolves squad.

dee85
10-21-2015, 01:28 PM
That T-Wolves squad would be better than any supporting cast Garnett ever had.

Sacramento wouldn't be bad either with a prime Rondo and a prime Caron Butler along with DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Darren Collison, Ben McLemore, and Marco Belinelli.

mightybosstone
10-21-2015, 08:43 PM
In the East, I think it's a close one between Miami and Cleveland. One thing people are overlooking with that Heat squad is Bosh is essentially still in his prime and has been in his prime since he came to Miami. Stoudemire and Bosh would be ridiculous offensively, but that front court would leave a lot to be desired on the defensive side of the floor. Also, people are overlooking that Cleveland team with prime Mo and Richard Jefferson coming off the bench. That is versatile and dangerous squad that I might give the slightest of edges to over the Heat.

In the West, every freaking team is stacked. The Clippers with a prime Pierce and peak athleticism Josh Smith off the bench are nasty as are a peak DWill/Dirk combo in Dallas and the Grizzlies with peak VC. But the Spurs take the cake for me. You put the trio that won four titles together back in their prime with peak versions of Aldridge and Leonard (who can still get like 10-15% better) PLUS prime versions of Diaw and West off the bench? That's the overwhelming winner in this conversation for me.

Also, not to be a homer or anything, but I think the Rockets are kind of a glaring omission here. That Rockets team with the Orlando version of Dwight Howard and a prime Jason Terry would be pretty ridiculous. Plus, more than half of the roster still hasn't peaked yet. I wouldn't rank them above some of the other teams, but they're at least as good as the Grizzlies and at least one or two other teams.

mightybosstone
10-21-2015, 08:52 PM
I think.... th T-Wolves would actually be pretty good. This premise would mean that Wiggins is already in his prime, and also Garnett.... along with Kevin Martin.... and Tayshaun Prince. Rubio is a wash, but they'd have Andre Miller in his prime. Pekovic and Dieng at C, and Lavine and Anthony-Towns both fast-tracked to their respective primes.

This team would be stellar. No depth at point guard, yes, but they'd be tearing it up at every other position.
Yeah. The Timberwolves definitely deserve to at least be in this conversation, especially if we're assuming that Wiggins hasn't reached his prime yet. The Miller, Prince and Garnett trio alone is pretty freaking fantastic, and then you throw in Wiggins' athleticism and Martin's floor spacing. That would be a really fun team to watch.

KnicksorBust
10-21-2015, 09:07 PM

And Prime Winslow. He's practically considered to be God's gift by all HEAT fans.

You just sound ridiculous.

FlashBolt
10-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Spurs.

balla345
10-22-2015, 12:03 AM
PRIME WADE BOSH AND STUDEMIRE no one is beating that team. People tend to forget how nasty prime wade and studemire where.

Jarvo
10-22-2015, 12:22 AM
Just thinking about Timmy, Manu and Parker in their prime makes me smile lol no one could stop them.

FlashBolt
10-22-2015, 02:24 AM
Prime Manu, prime Timmy (way better than prime Wade), prime Parker, prime Kawhi (now), prime LaMarcus (now?), prime Diaw (one of the best all-around players ever), prime David West, and prime Popovich.. haha, no match folks.

Amare is getting overrated here. He had his best seasons with Nash and prime Wade is lethal but prime Manu was no scrub. Chris Bosh at his prime.. whatever, Tim Duncan makes easy work of that. Tony Parker over Dragic any day. Prime UD or prime David West? No question West was better. Not sure how Miami beats that team tbh. I don't even think they are the 2nd/3rd best option here. I'll take prime Cleveland and prime Clippers over them.

SolemnJudgement
10-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Spurs would own the NBA

KnicksorBust
10-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Prime Manu, prime Timmy (way better than prime Wade), prime Parker, prime Kawhi (now), prime LaMarcus (now?), prime Diaw (one of the best all-around players ever), prime David West, and prime Popovich.. haha, no match folks.

Amare is getting overrated here. He had his best seasons with Nash and prime Wade is lethal but prime Manu was no scrub. Chris Bosh at his prime.. whatever, Tim Duncan makes easy work of that. Tony Parker over Dragic any day. Prime UD or prime David West? No question West was better. Not sure how Miami beats that team tbh. I don't even think they are the 2nd/3rd best option here. I'll take prime Cleveland and prime Clippers over them.

:speechless: You must be too young to remember PRIME Haslem. When he was throwing up double doubles almost once a week.

lamzoka
10-22-2015, 12:47 PM
East:

1- Heat
2- Bulls
3- Cavs

West

1-Spurs
2-Clippers
3-Grizzilies

In That Order

FlashBolt
10-22-2015, 01:09 PM
:speechless: You must be too young to remember PRIME Haslem. When he was throwing up double doubles almost once a week.

So 12/9 rebounds == 20/9 rebounds? Sorry, but West has had a much better peak/career. Not sure what to say about that analysis. Prime Haslem wasn't a top player. Prime West had a case to be a top 25 player.

WaDe03
10-22-2015, 03:16 PM
You just sound ridiculous.

He definitely has something personal against the Heat. I can't tell if you're post are sarcastic though lol.

WaDe03
10-22-2015, 03:18 PM
We have this thread like every other month.

People get so offended when someone remakes a thread. Maybe he didn't see it when it was on here. It's just like Shammyguy making like the 4th bold prediction thread his summer. Maybe he didn't see it.

Bostonjorge
10-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Paul
Lance
Pierce
Griffen
Jordan
Smith

All elite defenders in prime mode. Runner up MVP Paul is #1 PG. last years 1st round Griffen can (at least) take it to prime championship Duncan and hold his own. Prime Pierce closing out the game. No San Antonio prime player is a better closer then pierce.

I still give Duncan the overall best player with KG as 1a.

phantasyyy
10-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Idk how anybody could argue ANY team against the Spurs.

Spurs have won 5 rings..

Prime Parker - FMVP - all star
Prime Gino - allstar
More Seasoned Kawhi -FMVP
Current LMA - allstar
Prime TD -allstar

Current Green
Prime Diaw - MIP? - more slimmed down version
Prime West - allstar

mrblisterdundee
10-22-2015, 06:55 PM
If all aging players were restored back into their primes with the ones currently in their primes and the ones who have not hit theirs, who would be the best teams today? Where would you rank them in order?

Chicago Bulls
Derrick Rose
Jimmy Butler
Joakim Noah

Cleveland Cavaliers
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Kevin Love(Timberwolves)
Anderson Varejao
Bench: Richard Jefferson(Nets/Bucks), Mo Williams, Iman Shumpert, James Jones(Suns)

Dallas Mavericks
Deron Williams(Jazz)
Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Samuel Dalembert(76ers)
Bench: Devin Harris(Nets/Jazz), Raymond Felton(Bobcats/Knicks), Charlie Villanueva(Bucks), JJ Barea(Timberwolves), Zaza Pachulia(Hawks), JaVale McGee(Wizards/Nuggets)

Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala(76ers)
Draymond Green
Andrew Bogut(Bucks)

Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul(Hornets)
Lance Stephenson(Pacers)
Paul Pierce(Celtics)
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan

Memphis Grizzlies
Mike Conley
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol

Miami Heat
Goran Dragic
Dwyane Wade
Luol Deng(Bulls)
Chris Bosh(Raptors)
Amare Stoudemire(Suns)
Bench: Gerald Green, Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside, Chris Andersen(Nuggets/Hornets)

San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan

1. Heat
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Bulls

WaDe03
10-22-2015, 07:07 PM
1. Heat
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Grizzlies
5. Bulls

This.

balla345
10-22-2015, 07:13 PM
prime Timmy (way better than prime Wade). Did you not watch 06-09 ??

FlashBolt
10-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Did you not watch 06-09 ??

Did you not watch Tim Duncan at any point of his career?

mrblisterdundee
10-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Did you not watch Tim Duncan at any point of his career?

My choice of Miami is less about Tim Duncan vs. Dwyane Wade and more about prime Chris Bosh, Amaré Stoudemire, Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside and Chris Andersen. Kawhi Leonard is who Wade should be compared against. I would put Wade on Tony Parker, Goran Dragic on Manu Ginobili and Luol Deng on Leonard. San Antonio has the better back court overall, but I think Miami is a bit too dominant in the front court.

Kyben36
10-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Bulls are pretty hard to beat in the east, no offense to the Cavs, but you have MVP ROSE, who was amazing that year. Near MVP Noah, who was a monster all over the court that year. the Prime Pau, who is arguably a HOF, Jimmy Butler Now.

I dont care who your 5th is, thats pretty sick.

Few others,

Heat Look Great,
Cavs Look really not much better than they really are.
SPURS Look REDONKULOUS
Wariors are not that much better. no offense. But Iggy isnt that much worse than his prime, its simlpy his role and how he is asked to play
Mavs also look nice, but i dont like any of their Centers, even in their prime.
Clippers look real nice adding prime Paul as well.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2015, 12:41 AM

Chicago Bulls
Derrick Rose
Jimmy Butler
Joakim Noah

Cleveland Cavaliers
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Kevin Love(Timberwolves)
Anderson Varejao

Dallas Mavericks
Deron Williams(Jazz)
Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Samuel Dalembert(76ers)

Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala(76ers)
Draymond Green
Andrew Bogut(Bucks)

Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul(Hornets)
Lance Stephenson(Pacers)
Paul Pierce(Celtics)
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan

Memphis Grizzlies
Mike Conley
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol

Miami Heat
Goran Dragic
Dwyane Wade
Luol Deng(Bulls)
Chris Bosh(Raptors)
Amare Stoudemire(Suns)

Minnesota Timberwolves
Andre Miller(Cavaliers/Clippers/Nuggets/76ers)
Andrew Wiggins
Tayshaun Prince(Pistons)
Kevin Garnett
Karl-Anthony Towns
Bench: Kevin Martin, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad

San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan

1. Miami
2. Spurs
3. Cleveland
4. Clippers
5. Memphis
6. Dallas
7. Golden State
8. Chicago
9. Minnesota

IKnowHoops
10-23-2015, 12:58 AM
He definitely has something personal against the Heat. I can't tell if you're post are sarcastic though lol.

100%

WaDe03
10-23-2015, 01:00 AM
My choice of Miami is less about Tim Duncan vs. Dwyane Wade and more about prime Chris Bosh, Amaré Stoudemire, Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside and Chris Andersen. Kawhi Leonard is who Wade should be compared against. I would put Wade on Tony Parker, Goran Dragic on Manu Ginobili and Luol Deng on Leonard. San Antonio has the better back court overall, but I think Miami is a bit too dominant in the front court.

I agree with everything you said other than the Spurs having the better backcourt. Prime Wade is head and shoulders above Parker and Ginobli and prime Dragic was 3rd team all NBA.

valade16
10-23-2015, 10:37 AM
If I'm the Cavs I'm starting Jefferson over J.R. Smith.

valade16
10-23-2015, 10:41 AM

How can a team be dominant in the frontcourt when the Spurs have Duncan, LaMarcus AND David West. West was better than Haslem or Anderson ever were...

prodigy
10-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Cavs would just be insane!

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 12:45 AM
Did you not watch 06-09 ??

Did you not watch Tim Duncan between 99-2006?

JasonJohnHorn
10-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Paul
Lance
Pierce
Griffen
Jordan
Smith

All elite defenders in prime mode. Runner up MVP Paul is #1 PG. last years 1st round Griffen can (at least) take it to prime championship Duncan and hold his own. Prime Pierce closing out the game. No San Antonio prime player is a better closer then pierce.

I still give Duncan the overall best player with KG as 1a.

That Clippers team would be pretty impressive. Pierce in his prime with those guys? WOW!!! I mean, we saw what he looked like as an over-the-hill sub in Washington, and he tore it up with them. Imagine him in his prime with CP3. DaJ and Blake?

IKnowHoops
10-26-2015, 02:44 AM
As far as the Heat vs Spurs debate, I'm not saying that Wade > Duncan, but I do feel that in a matchup such as this, D Wade would be the piece that makes the difference for the Heat. Prime Wade is like baby Jordan. Both teams have great bigs who are both gonna get theres all night. Wade to me just makes the Heat the favorites.

kdspurman
10-26-2015, 09:26 AM
As far as the Heat vs Spurs debate, I'm not saying that Wade > Duncan, but I do feel that in a matchup such as this, D Wade would be the piece that makes the difference for the Heat. Prime Wade is like baby Jordan. Both teams have great bigs who are both gonna get theres all night. Wade to me just makes the Heat the favorites.

Kawhi would at least be able to frustrate Wade with his length. Curious why think Wade would get his more than TD would, especially against that front line. There is no one in that front court who is as impactful defensively as Kawhi is on the perimeter.

FlashBolt
10-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Stfu about Chris Bosh and Amare. These guys wouldn't know what to do against prime Tim Duncan. Seriously, Chris Bosh at his prime doesn't come close to Tim Duncan and Amare doesn't even know how to defend properly. BTW, how do you plan on playing these guys at the same time again along with Whiteside/Haslem? WASTED potential of a player. Spurs at their prime would be deep at every spot and would have a balanced team. Wade03, you need to stop thinking I have a vendetta against the Heat. Just because I don't think Wade is the 7th best player right now (like you do), doesn't make me a hater. It's called being factual. And apparently you guys forget that Manu was a legitimate beast and a top 20 player during his prime. Tony Parker any day over Dragic (he was a top 5 PG for quite some time), and do I even have to mention Diaw/David West along with Popovich doing his magic? Spoelstra doesn't know how to coach and would crumble.

WaDe03
10-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Stfu about Chris Bosh and Amare. These guys wouldn't know what to do against prime Tim Duncan. Seriously, Chris Bosh at his prime doesn't come close to Tim Duncan and Amare doesn't even know how to defend properly. BTW, how do you plan on playing these guys at the same time again along with Whiteside/Haslem? WASTED potential of a player. Spurs at their prime would be deep at every spot and would have a balanced team. Wade03, you need to stop thinking I have a vendetta against the Heat. Just because I don't think Wade is the 7th best player right now (like you do), doesn't make me a hater. It's called being factual. And apparently you guys forget that Manu was a legitimate beast and a top 20 player during his prime. Tony Parker any day over Dragic (he was a top 5 PG for quite some time), and do I even have to mention Diaw/David West along with Popovich doing his magic? Spoelstra doesn't know how to coach and would crumble.

Dry your tears I wasn't talking about you. Apparently you forget Wade was the best player in the league at his peak. Dragic was 3rd team all NBA so he's definitely respectable but Parker was better. Peak Wade is head and shoulders better than both so I give the edge to the Heat. Spurs have the advantage in the front court but it's not as big as you think and yes I know Duncan is the best player. Prime Bosh and Amare were beasts and we don't even know how good prime Whiteisde will be but he has the potential to lead the league in blocks and rebounds and be a defensive beast. Prime Deng and Kawhi would probably just cancel each other out. Neither are go to scorers but both are really good defenders.

YAALREADYKNO
10-26-2015, 02:09 PM
Did some of you just try to say prime Haslem was as good as a prime David west?

FlashBolt
10-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Dry your tears I wasn't talking about you. Apparently you forget Wade was the best player in the league at his peak. Dragic was 3rd team all NBA so he's definitely respectable but Parker was better. Peak Wade is head and shoulders better than both so I give the edge to the Heat. Spurs have the advantage in the front court but it's not as big as you think and yes I know Duncan is the best player. Prime Bosh and Amare were beasts and we don't even know how good prime Whiteisde will be but he has the potential to lead the league in blocks and rebounds and be a defensive beast. Prime Deng and Kawhi would probably just cancel each other out. Neither are go to scorers but both are really good defenders.

So you don't know how good prime Whiteside is but you're already projecting it as he is an absolute monster already? We judge players by their prime and quite frankly, Heat doesn't match up position-wise. Amare/Bosh cannot play PF/C together because both are rather undersized. Bosh does not know how to play center. Sorry, but the guy doesn't perform that role the way a traditional center should. Amare was a great PF but he wasn't a great defender. Please tell me how Amare/Bosh is better than Duncan/Aldridge.. Those guys would get destroyed. If a 38 year old Tim Duncan is destroying a 29 year old Bosh, what makes you think otherwise? Parker>Dragic any day. Then you have prime Wade -- who was a beast but Manu was a 20/5/5 player during his prime. Easily Wade>Manu, though. Deng=Kawhi even though Kawhi is a better defender. David West/Diaw/Danny Green are the next best three players and they all play for the Spurs. And do I even have to go through why Pop will outcoach Spo? Easy, Spo would have no idea how to counter Spurs rotation just like he couldn't do it years ago. The guy would be out of a job if LeBron wasn't there for those four seasons, truthfully.

WaDe03
10-26-2015, 03:37 PM
So you don't know how good prime Whiteside is but you're already projecting it as he is an absolute monster already? We judge players by their prime and quite frankly, Heat doesn't match up position-wise. Amare/Bosh cannot play PF/C together because both are rather undersized. Bosh does not know how to play center. Sorry, but the guy doesn't perform that role the way a traditional center should. Amare was a great PF but he wasn't a great defender. Please tell me how Amare/Bosh is better than Duncan/Aldridge.. Those guys would get destroyed. If a 38 year old Tim Duncan is destroying a 29 year old Bosh, what makes you think otherwise? Parker>Dragic any day. Then you have prime Wade -- who was a beast but Manu was a 20/5/5 player during his prime. Easily Wade>Manu, though. Deng=Kawhi even though Kawhi is a better defender. David West/Diaw/Danny Green are the next best three players and they all play for the Spurs. And do I even have to go through why Pop will outcoach Spo? Easy, Spo would have no idea how to counter Spurs rotation just like he couldn't do it years ago. The guy would be out of a job if LeBron wasn't there for those four seasons, truthfully.

I'm just basing Whiteside off of potential. We have 2 guys on our team that could be huge for us in this debate in Winslow and Whiteside but no one knows how good their primes are yet. Green is 30 points waiting to happen every time he steps on the court lol he's a blast to watch so our bench is pretty solid as well. Pop is definitely a better coach and I agree with you on Spo. If we don't finish top 4 in the East and make it to the ECF or at least a very competitive second round series I think he should be replaced.

J_M_B
10-26-2015, 06:14 PM

I can't stand when the casual NBA fan says this ...

He hardly gets any recognition for those championship runs from outsiders, yet he was crucial in developing Miami's hyper efficient 'position less' offense and blitzing trap defense. It was Spo that pushed Riley to go after Shane Battier and Ray Allen(Riley mentioned this last season in an interview), when the rest of the world criticized Miami for not addressing the holes at PG and center ... and what coach has gotten more out of LeBron then him? He trotted him out at PF and let him wreck havoc on the league.

I don't understand how he's constantly disrespected by fans .. why cause he looks goofy or he's not the best motivator? IMO, he's easily a top 10 coach today

FlashBolt
10-26-2015, 08:34 PM
I can't stand when the casual NBA fan says this ...

He hardly gets any recognition for those championship runs from outsiders, yet he was crucial in developing Miami's hyper efficient 'position less' offense and blitzing trap defense. It was Spo that pushed Riley to go after Shane Battier and Ray Allen(Riley mentioned this last season in an interview), when the rest of the world criticized Miami for not addressing the holes at PG and center ... and what coach has gotten more out of LeBron then him? He trotted him out at PF and let him wreck havoc on the league.

I don't understand how he's constantly disrespected by fans .. why cause he looks goofy or he's not the best motivator? IMO, he's easily a top 10 coach today

Let's talk about guys who actually came to Miami because of LeBron. Spo is not a great coach and he is average at best. He gets outclassed by most coaches and the only reason he ever looked elite was because of LeBron's greatness on that team. (refer to Mike Brown winning COTY while coaching the Cavs). Spo pushing people to get players but do you think Ray Allen signs with Miami if Bron isn't there? And it's completely foolish to say LeBron thrived under Spo's system. Who besides LeBron did? He never made anyone better. He's a top 15 coach but barely.

FlashBolt
10-26-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm just basing Whiteside off of potential. We have 2 guys on our team that could be huge for us in this debate in Winslow and Whiteside but no one knows how good their primes are yet. Green is 30 points waiting to happen every time he steps on the court lol he's a blast to watch so our bench is pretty solid as well. Pop is definitely a better coach and I agree with you on Spo. If we don't finish top 4 in the East and make it to the ECF or at least a very competitive second round series I think he should be replaced.

I like Whiteside and I love Green because he is entertaining as hell but this is about their prime. Whiteside at his prime would be last season. That's not enough. You and I both know Bosh+Amare stand zero chance vs Duncan+LaMarcus...

J_M_B
10-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Let's talk about guys who actually came to Miami because of LeBron. Spo is not a great coach and he is average at best. He gets outclassed by most coaches and the only reason he ever looked elite was because of LeBron's greatness on that team. (refer to Mike Brown winning COTY while coaching the Cavs). Spo pushing people to get players but do you think Ray Allen signs with Miami if Bron isn't there? And it's completely foolish to say LeBron thrived under Spo's system. Who besides LeBron did? He never made anyone better. He's a top 15 coach but barely.

Of course those guys come because of LeBron, but that still doesn't mean Miami pursues them without disregarding obvious needs for a rim protector or an upgrade at point guard. You're just making excuses and are you kidding me that no one else thrived in his offense? They had the most efficient offense in both title years! Miami had a structured flowing offense, nothing near Mike Brown's ISO hero ball.

You claim he's outcoached by most coaches, yet he's more often to adapt to his roster, then push a certain style of play that doesn't fit his personnel, and there have been many coaches that ultimately failed because they only coach a certain way. Spo reached the playoffs his first two seasons before LeBron by coaching up a team of cast offs into a top 5 defense, but I'll end this here since you obviously aren't opened to a serious debate.

FlashBolt
10-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Of course those guys come because of LeBron, but that still doesn't mean Miami pursues them without disregarding obvious needs for a rim protector or an upgrade at point guard. You're just making excuses and are you kidding me that no one else thrived in his offense? They had the most efficient offense in both title years! Miami had a structured flowing offense, nothing near Mike Brown's ISO hero ball.

You claim he's outcoached by most coaches, yet he's more often to adapt to his roster, then push a certain style of play that doesn't fit his personnel, and there have been many coaches that ultimately failed because they only coach a certain way. Spo reached the playoffs his first two seasons before LeBron by coaching up a team of cast offs into a top 5 defense, but I'll end this here since you obviously aren't opened to a serious debate.

It won't change your mind since you're a Heat fan so it's probably the end of the discussion anyhow. A prime Wade led that team to the playoffs -- not Spo. Top defense because they played in a ridiculously slow pace... and they only made it once to a top five defense before LeBron came in. Also, why do you think his players don't respect him? Wade had a confrontation with him, LeBron did as well. Why is it? Because they obviously don't see him as a leading figure. That's what a coach should be and he isn't. Hell, didn't Chalmers publicly go out and say he didn't know what role he had on the team? This is a guy who had been with the team for six seasons and on their championship runs. How many times did the Heat lose a lead coming to the fourth quarter last season? Many times. Heat have a stacked roster this season. If they don't reach top three in the conference, it'll be on Spo.

prodigy
10-30-2015, 03:55 AM

Wade came in same year as Lebron. so he was never best player in the league.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-30-2015, 11:54 AM
A prime Pat Riley coached Heat would run circles around a prime Spo coached Heat to say the least.

The Heat's frontcourt defense is too weak to match up with the Spurs. In their primes, Duncan and Aldridge would have absolute field days against Bosh and no-knees Amare..

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Wade came in same year as Lebron. so he was never best player in the league.

He was better than LeBron in 06, 07 until he got hurt, 09, and the first year with the big 3.

*Silver&Black*
10-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Out of those teams - Spurs vs Heat finals. Spurs win. Prime Duncan > all.

FlashBolt
10-30-2015, 11:04 PM
He was better than LeBron in 06, 07 until he got hurt, 09, and the first year with the big 3.

Lmao.. the only year he was better than LeBron was 2009.. 06/07/11? Lol, whatever.

WaDe03
10-30-2015, 11:48 PM
06 he led his team to a championship while LeBron did nothing, 07 I said until he got injured which he was leading the MVP race and putting up 29-5-8-2-1.3 on 50% shooting through 50 games, 2011 they played on par all year and one of the choked away the finals. Give me the guy who showed up on the biggest stage 10 times out of 10.

FlashBolt
10-30-2015, 11:58 PM
06 he led his team to a championship while LeBron did nothing, 07 I said until he got injured which he was leading the MVP race and putting up 29-5-8-2-1.3 on 50% shooting through 50 games, 2011 they played on par all year and one of the choked away the finals. Give me the guy who showed up on the biggest stage 10 times out of 10.

Wade showed up once and at that time, LeBron never had that veteran leadership/roster that Wade had. Wade in James roster would have never succeeded at anything. LeBron led his team to the Finals while Wade did nothing.. 2011, Wade was only better in the Finals but that doesn't make him the better player. By your definition, Dirk was the best player that season (which he wasn't). Sorry, Wade was only better in 2009 and in some years, it was really close to the point where it would be unfair to pinpoint who/why (such as year 2006-2007). LeBron has been better than Wade 100x over.

IKnowHoops
10-31-2015, 12:33 AM
First off, Wade was never better than Lebron. He never effected the game on as high a level as Lebron did. Wade was def the 2nd best player in the league a few years but never better than Bron. He was great, don't get me wrong. He's a top 3, top 2 possibly SG's ever, but he was never better than Bron. He was unbelievable, he was a straight unstoppable beast who I loved. But he was never better than Bron.

Secondly and more importantly, though I do think that the Spurs have more talent. I just think that Wade is a surgeon out there. He would eat Leonard up in his prime. He was unguardable. The Spurs won't have anything remotely close to that. Where as Prime Aldridge, and Duncan vs Prime Amare and Bosh would be a great matchup, I think Wade is just on such a higher level than everyone else in the back court that the Heat will always be able to have a better lineup on the floor, even though the Spurs have more good players

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 12:34 AM
Wade showed up once and at that time, LeBron never had that veteran leadership/roster that Wade had. Wade in James roster would have never succeeded at anything. LeBron led his team to the Finals while Wade did nothing.. 2011, Wade was only better in the Finals but that doesn't make him the better player. By your definition, Dirk was the best player that season (which he wasn't). Sorry, Wade was only better in 2009 and in some years, it was really close to the point where it would be unfair to pinpoint who/why (such as year 2006-2007). LeBron has been better than Wade 100x over.

Everyone has their own opinion but I disagree with yours. I'm assuming you're talking about showing up 1 time in the finals and if that's the case you're definitely wrong. He didn't show up in 2014 other than that he did.

FlashBolt
10-31-2015, 01:50 AM
Everyone has their own opinion but I disagree with yours. I'm assuming you're talking about showing up 1 time in the finals and if that's the case you're definitely wrong. He didn't show up in 2014 other than that he did.

You can disagree all you want but when the majority disagree that Wade was the better player for four seasons, then you should probably see why they feel that way. Fact is, Wade was only better in 08-09 and even then, where did he lead his team? Hell, I don't even know if Wade was "better" because they were both great during that year but LeBron actually led a team to the best record in the NBA while Wade didn't. You're a Wade fan and I'm a LeBron fan but I don't think it takes either side to understand who was really the better player for those years. Wade showed up but he has also failed to show up on countless playoff series (I can dig it up for you if you want). LeBron carried that Heat squad while Wade went to rest his knees (how fortunate that he can do so knowing LeBron is there, huh?). Wade got outplayed by Danny Green and Manu Ginobili in the Finals.

basch152
10-31-2015, 02:21 AM
Lol, wade was better than lebron one year becausr shaq led the heat to the finals and wade gets the credit while lebron went no where because his second best illgauskas. Great logix.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 02:50 AM
Lol, wade was better than lebron one year becausr shaq led the heat to the finals and wade gets the credit while lebron went no where because his second best illgauskas. Great logix.

Lol great post man. Shaq was terrible in the finals and Wade definitely carried that team so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Great logix.

WaDe03
10-31-2015, 02:56 AM
You can disagree all you want but when the majority disagree that Wade was the better player for four seasons, then you should probably see why they feel that way. Fact is, Wade was only better in 08-09 and even then, where did he lead his team? Hell, I don't even know if Wade was "better" because they were both great during that year but LeBron actually led a team to the best record in the NBA while Wade didn't. You're a Wade fan and I'm a LeBron fan but I don't think it takes either side to understand who was really the better player for those years. Wade showed up but he has also failed to show up on countless playoff series (I can dig it up for you if you want). LeBron carried that Heat squad while Wade went to rest his knees (how fortunate that he can do so knowing LeBron is there, huh?). Wade got outplayed by Danny Green and Manu Ginobili in the Finals.

LeBron got outplayed by Deshawn Stevenson, Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler and Shawn Marion in the finals. As for resting that was never Wades decision and he said multiple times he didn't want to idk why you keep bringing that up. Of course everyone will think otherwise because there's a lot of LeBron dick riders in here and people forget how great Wade was but it is what it is. LeBron and Kobe fans should be thankful for Wades injury history. I'm talking about showing up in the finals and you can pull up whatever you want to it's not like I don't already know it lol. Wade was banged up there's no denying that but he's healthy now and he's playing great so that's all I'm worried about. The only time you can say Wade didn't show up of have a series changing game would be the 2014 finals.

kdspurman
10-31-2015, 01:15 PM
First off, Wade was never better than Lebron. He never effected the game on as high a level as Lebron did. Wade was def the 2nd best player in the league a few years but never better than Bron. He was great, don't get me wrong. He's a top 3, top 2 possibly SG's ever, but he was never better than Bron. He was unbelievable, he was a straight unstoppable beast who I loved. But he was never better than Bron.

Secondly and more importantly, though I do think that the Spurs have more talent. I just think that Wade is a surgeon out there. He would eat Leonard up in his prime. He was unguardable. The Spurs won't have anything remotely close to that. Where as Prime Aldridge, and Duncan vs Prime Amare and Bosh would be a great matchup, I think Wade is just on such a higher level than everyone else in the back court that the Heat will always be able to have a better lineup on the floor, even though the Spurs have more good players

You underestimate Kawhi (who I don't think is in his prime yet) . His length and defensive instincts would surely impact Wade.

Also, prime Manu was a surgeon too. And he would be a handful for whoever was guarding him

I find it a little funny u think duncan/lma vs bosh and Amare is a "great matchup" but Wade would eat Kawhi up. Duncan would absolutely own their Frontline, they don't have anyone close to Kawhi's level defensively up front.