PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction Thread

Shammyguy3
10-20-2015, 05:03 PM
With 1 week left until the regular season kicks off, I want to hear bold predictions. This isn't a "Patrick Beverley for MVP" nonsense thread. This isn't an "Eastern Conference is inferior to the Western Conference" nonsense thread. I want flat out, bold yet conceivable predictions.

I'll start with a couple to get the wheels spinning: John Wall ends up top-5 in MVP voting as he leads the Wizards to the 3rd best record in the East. Another, Rudy Gobert ends up top-3 in DPOY voting.

Htownballa1622
10-20-2015, 05:10 PM
San Antonio Spurs don't do as well as projected(home court) and get bounced round 1 again.

Cleveland doesn't get the 1 seed but still cakewalks to finals(No series gets to game 6) until they meet the GSW.

GSW repeats as champs. (Assuming health)

Not super bold, but ones that I thought of.

JasonJohnHorn
10-20-2015, 05:33 PM
San Antonio Spurs don't do as well as projected(home court) and get bounced round 1 again.

I don't think they will do that well either. LMA is not a 'Spurs' player. He has low efficiency (which I imagine will be improved with the system he's in), and needs a lot of touches. This is the opposite of what Duncan has been. Gasol was the better fit there. First round bounce? That's possible. With the Thunder, Warriors, Clippers and Rockets all in the mix....

But yeah... the LMA pick up isn't that great for them. I think David West fits in better with that system. I really wish it had been Gasol that signed there... man, I would have loved to see him with Pop and Duncan.

Saddletramp
10-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Patrick Beverley for MVP.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-20-2015, 05:38 PM
With 1 week left until the regular season kicks off, I want to hear bold predictions. This isn't a "Patrick Beverley for MVP" nonsense thread. This isn't an "Eastern Conference is inferior to the Western Conference" nonsense thread. I want flat out, bold yet conceivable predictions.

I'll start with a couple to get the wheels spinning: John Wall ends up top-5 in MVP voting as he leads the Wizards to the 3rd best record in the East. Another, Rudy Gobert ends up top-3 in DPOY voting.
Who do you have at #2 just out of curiosity?

Shammyguy3
10-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Who do you have at #2 just out of curiosity?

I have Atlanta/Cleveland as the likely top-2 teams. I think Atlanta's defense and passing will maintain, even with Carroll gone I think they continue chugging along. I think my Bulls have struggles, but end up as the 4th seed most likely.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Cousins continues to feud with Karl of the course of the season and gets traded, bringing in a huge haul for the Kings.

Orlando makes a blockbuster trade somewhere along the season. Though giving up multiple assets, they trade for an established all star whom they've been lacking for years (Cousins?) and end up making the playoffs.

Kobe stays healthy for a majority of the season but has the worst shooting % of his career, leading to his sure retirement.

Phins go undefeated the rest of the season with Dan Campbell leading the charge, the Dolphins ultimately securing their first Super Bowl in a century.

Htownballa1622
10-20-2015, 05:48 PM
I don't think they will do that well either. LMA is not a 'Spurs' player. He has low efficiency (which I imagine will be improved with the system he's in), and needs a lot of touches. This is the opposite of what Duncan has been. Gasol was the better fit there. First round bounce? That's possible. With the Thunder, Warriors, Clippers and Rockets all in the mix....

But yeah... the LMA pick up isn't that great for them. I think David West fits in better with that system. I really wish it had been Gasol that signed there... man, I would have loved to see him with Pop and Duncan.

I do like LMA with the Spurs. Problem for me is they lost depth in backup bigs.

West is 6'10(at most) so you're relying on Duncan, LMA(who doesn't like to play C), Marjonovic, and Diaw to be your bigs.

What happens when Duncan doesn't play those b2bs? What happens if someone gets injured?

Tony hasn't looked so good anymore. What happens if he loses a step? I just think ppl are writing them in as favorites while I have them as a 4-6 seed.

Do I think they can win it all? Sure, but they'll need a lot to go right for that to happen.

xxplayerxx23
10-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Atlanta falls off a bit and makes the 6 seed
Bucks finish top 4 in the east
Spurs do better then the people up there think

Knicks surprise people and finish 7th in the east :)

lamzoka
10-21-2015, 01:54 PM
homer bold prediction
Knicks with 45 wins

Arch Stanton
10-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Bucks vs. Cavs in the Eastern Conference finals.

Thumper 88
10-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Dallas makes the playoffs

Tony_Starks
10-21-2015, 06:20 PM
-Derrick Rose makes all-star game

-Brandon Jennings get traded

-Dwight Howard gets traded

- D Williams has resurgence

- Mudiay rookie of the year

Hawkeye15
10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Wiggins challenges Harden for most FTA per game.

DanG
10-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Westbrook wins MVP
OKC vs Clippers WCF

and now the ultimate homer prediction: Jordan Clarkson makes all-star team

OlivaThor
10-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Wiggins challenges Harden for most FTA per game.

No he is not that aggresive.
My bold predictions:
Stanley Johnsons ROY
Russell Bust
Bucks big improvement
Hawks decline
Bulls decline because of lost of Thib
Kobe will be even more inefficient than last two years
Pistons will make play off

JWO35
10-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Cavs don't make it to the NBA Finals
Bulls seriously consider trading Derrick Rose

Hawkeye15
10-22-2015, 12:50 AM
No he is not that aggresive.
My bold predictions:
Stanley Johnsons ROY
Russell Bust
Bucks big improvement
Hawks decline
Bulls decline because of lost of Thib
Kobe will be even more inefficient than last two years
Pistons will make play off

Wiggins, as a rookie (they get zip calls), was 6th in FTA's last year. The second half of the season, Harden's FT rate was barely above Wiggins. Imagine the non-rookie treatment......

Wiggins attacks non-stop. Did it take him a while? Yep. But his last 3 months, he was shooting 7ish FTs a night. Dude is going to live at the line.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2015, 09:59 AM
i feel like this thread has been made a few times this off-season. Wish I could remember all of my picks.

Lillard wins scoring title (on poor efficiency)
Sixers win 25+ games
Beal makes the leap to All-Star
David Lee busts in Boston
Wall leads league in triple doubles

Pacers miss playoffs leading to Paul George demanding a trade and goes to the Sixers for the rights to Dario Saric, Tony Wroten, Heat top 10 protected pick, Kings first rd pick that generates if inside the top 10, 2016 Sixers first rd pick and 2 2nds.

SolemnJudgement
10-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Durant gets traded

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Cavs don't make it to the NBA Finals
Bulls seriously consider trading Derrick Rose

I read a article of a beat writer suggesting Rose traded to Lakers. But it was all a suggestion. Don't remember what he had the Lakers cough up.

kdspurman
10-22-2015, 10:54 AM
I do like LMA with the Spurs. Problem for me is they lost depth in backup bigs.

West is 6'10(at most) so you're relying on Duncan, LMA(who doesn't like to play C), Marjonovic, and Diaw to be your bigs.

What happens when Duncan doesn't play those b2bs? What happens if someone gets injured?

Tony hasn't looked so good anymore. What happens if he loses a step? I just think ppl are writing them in as favorites while I have them as a 4-6 seed.

Do I think they can win it all? Sure, but they'll need a lot to go right for that to happen.

But how many big men are there in this league really that are going to dominate down low? West/Duncan/LMA & Diaw on some nights are all capable of defending the bigs in this league

They swapped Splitter for LMA and lost Baynes (a guy who played 10mpg in the playoffs). I think the problem is people are putting too much into the guys that left. The biggest loss is Splitter due to how great he was defensively, but what they're gaining from LMA, someone who when the offense isn't clicking can go to work in iso situations is something that was missing from them at times last year.

It's essentially LMA/West for Splitter/Baynes. (I don't know how much time Marjonovic will get realistically early on)

BTW, LMA doesn't mind playing center, just doesn't want to do it full time. I get the concerns , I just don't necessarily agree. I think they have upgraded their roster nicely, and w/the internal upgrades & development (Green/Kawhi/Mills) they should be good once things start clicking. I expect a top 3 seed personally, but it's tough out west.

Htownballa1622
10-22-2015, 01:52 PM
But how many big men are there in this league really that are going to dominate down low? West/Duncan/LMA & Diaw on some nights are all capable of defending the bigs in this league

They swapped Splitter for LMA and lost Baynes (a guy who played 10mpg in the playoffs). I think the problem is people are putting too much into the guys that left. The biggest loss is Splitter due to how great he was defensively, but what they're gaining from LMA, someone who when the offense isn't clicking can go to work in iso situations is something that was missing from them at times last year.

It's essentially LMA/West for Splitter/Baynes. (I don't know how much time Marjonovic will get realistically early on)

BTW, LMA doesn't mind playing center, just doesn't want to do it full time. I get the concerns , I just don't necessarily agree. I think they have upgraded their roster nicely, and w/the internal upgrades & development (Green/Kawhi/Mills) they should be good once things start clicking. I expect a top 3 seed personally, but it's tough out west.

Yeah, that's fair and we've talked about it. I just worry of injuries (I hate them for everyone).

Also, interested to see about Tony.

So is pop going to rest everyone 2mor night?

kdspurman
10-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Yeah, that's fair and we've talked about it. I just worry of injuries (I hate them for everyone).

Also, interested to see about Tony.

So is pop going to rest everyone 2mor night?

I'm concerned about the chemistry more than anything. Injuries if they happen, they happen lol. That's out of the control of the guys for the most part. The ball movement actually looked really good in the limited amount of time I saw the starting lineup against Miami this season, but obviously such a small sample size. I know LMA will get his iso opportunities, and Kawhi will get some occasionally, but overall I'd like to see them continue to move the ball, and that will take a little time.

I actually think TP will do better in likely a smaller role, continuing to improve his corner 3 ball. (that's my hope at least) if not, wouldn't be surprised to see his mins dip maybe to 24-26 mpg and Patty getting more time.

He may suit guys up tomorrow as it's the last game, but in limited time of course.

Thumper 88
10-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Bulls trade Rose to the Mavs

R. Johnson#3
10-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Raptors finish 2nd in the east and go to the finals.
Celtics finish 8th and upset the Cavs in the 1st round.

OlivaThor
10-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Wiggins, as a rookie (they get zip calls), was 6th in FTA's last year. The second half of the season, Harden's FT rate was barely above Wiggins. Imagine the non-rookie treatment......

Wiggins attacks non-stop. Did it take him a while? Yep. But his last 3 months, he was shooting 7ish FTs a night. Dude is going to live at the line.

3 months isnīt enough to change my opinion. Reggie Jackson had fantastic 3 month run with Pistons but it is different doin it for 82 games. I see wiggins as midrange stepback shooter with 2
or 3 plays to the basket for the future

McAllen Tx
10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
W/O assurances from KD resigning Presti feeling the pressure. At the same time the Clippers arent playing up to where they feel they should be, it goes down - KD for Blake

There could be other players involved (probably Ibaka & Stephenson) but the trade will center around KD & Blake.