PDA

View Full Version : Best bench in the NBA for 2015

skywalker33
10-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Gotta like what I seen from the Nugget bench so far in preseason, seems like several could be part-time starters even.

SF Wilson Chandler - contributes in so many ways: pts, rebs, defense
C Joffery Lauvergne - has has a consistent off-season in EuroLeague and preseason
PF Nikola Jokic - solid shooter, great passer
SG Will Barton - good shooter, good defender creates a spark off the bench
PG Jameer Nelson - former starter is a great mentor for Mudiay

next tier
PF Darrell Arthur - solid defender, nice stretch 4
SG Randy Foye - solid shooter, can hit big shots
C JJ Hickson --ok who am I kidding, but he can put up some offensive numbers

Redrum187
10-17-2015, 04:19 PM
I like the team with the FMVP on the bench. Then again, they did lose David Lee.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Bucks are pretty deep. Reason they dumped Ersan, Dudley, Zaza. Depends who the starters are? Depends how long Parker is out. Could be ready opening day.

MCW, Middleton, Parker, Giannis, Monroe Parker and Giannis are interchangeable sf/pf.

Bench be

Vasquez,Bayless,Ennis
Mayo,Vaughn,Vasques,Bayless
Inglis,Copeland
Inglis,Copeland,JOB
Henson,Plumlee

Lot of these guys can play multiple positions as well. Heck Kidd could bring Parker in slowly as bench super sub just to ease him in first few weeks. Cause rookie SG Vaughn is making a case to be a decent starter and stretch the floor. So then Middleton could slide over from SG back to SF or some small ball PF.

MonroeFAN
10-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Detroits bench has some pretty nice potential I think. Likely not the best, but worth acknowledging if it plays out.

Jennings (assuming he plays)
One of Johnson, Illy, Morris
Meeks
Bullock
Baynes
Tolliver
Blake

Saddletramp
10-17-2015, 04:37 PM
GS has a pretty deep bench.

Livingston/Barbossa/Iggy/Speights/JasonThompson/Ezeli

Also, the Rockets have:

PG: Beverley(/Terry)
SG: Thornton
SF: Corey Brewer(/KJ McDaniels)
PF: TJones(or DMo when he comes back)
C: Capela(who looks like a beast in the making)
Not to mention Dekker and Harrell who might make a difference late in the season.

Lotta possibilities and matchups. I just hope everyone stays healthy this year.

Lakers + Giants
10-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Lou Will and Swaggy off the bench easily. Obviously joking, don't like either of them.

I'll go with GS.

JEDean89
10-17-2015, 05:28 PM
bulls (brooks, mcd, snell, portis, gibson), spurs (joseph, manu, diaw, west), warriors (livingston, iggy, speights, ezeli), rockets (beverly, kj, brewer, dmo, capela), cavs (williams, delly, jr, thompson (if he comes back), varejao)

kdspurman
10-17-2015, 06:09 PM
bulls (brooks, mcd, snell, portis, gibson), spurs (joseph, manu, diaw, west), warriors (livingston, iggy, speights, ezeli), rockets (beverly, kj, brewer, dmo, capela), cavs (williams, delly, jr, thompson (if he comes back), varejao)

Joseph is gone from SA, but Mills is there and of course a real spark.

xnick5757
10-17-2015, 06:45 PM
celtics bench is pretty decent

PG: Isiah Thomas
SG: Evan Turner
SF: James Young
PF: David Lee/Amir Johnson (one of these guys is going to start but idk which one)
C: Kelly Olynyk

goingfor28
10-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Lance Stephenson, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith trio on the Clippers bench has the potential to be REALLY good or REALLY terrible.

More-Than-Most
10-17-2015, 07:45 PM
the thread is the BEST bench not lets name our home teams benches.... its either the warriors or the spurs... they are so deep its insane.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Is this a Best Bench in the NBA thread? Or just a "List your team's bench." Seems to be the latter.

MonroeFAN
10-17-2015, 08:35 PM
It's golden state.

mrblisterdundee
10-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Golden State's bench is good, but I think the Clippers' bench is better. Let's compare their reserves:

Golden State:
PG - Shaun Livingston, Leandro Barbosa
SG - Brandon Rush, Ben Gordon, Ian Clark
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - Jason Thompson, Marreese Speights, Kevon Looney
C - Festus Ezili

Clippers:
PG - Austin Rivers, Pablo Prigioni
SG - Jamal Crawford, C.J. Wilcox
SF - Lance Stephenson, Wesley Johnson, Branden Dawson
PF - Josh Smith, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
C - Cole Aldrich, Chuck Hayes

CousinsEvansDUO
10-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Kings have a top 15 pg in collision, koufous who's a starter on most teams and belinelli who's a super 6th man on the bench. By far the deepest in the league. Let's not forget about CURRY, casspi, and acy.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Kings have a top 15 pg in collision, koufous who's a starter on most teams and belinelli who's a super 6th man on the bench. By far the deepest in the league. Let's not forget about CURRY, casspi, and acy.

question, if your teams players were as good as you pimp them constantly, why do they stink every year?

LakersIn5
10-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Assuiming wes johnson starts which is a possibility then i would say clippers

Crawford, stephenson, pierce, jsmoove, aldrech, mbah a moute, hayes.

Scoots
10-18-2015, 03:00 PM
question, if your teams players were as good as you pimp them constantly, why do they stink every year?

It's the man keeping them down.

Scoots
10-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Assuiming wes johnson starts which is a possibility then i would say clippers

Crawford, stephenson, pierce, jsmoove, aldrech, mbah a moute, hayes.

The Clippers are high on the list ... BUT ... Crawford has been slipping a lot, Pierce is old, Smith has been hot and cold and we don't know which Josh is going to shop up in LA, and Stephenson was terrible and disruptive last year. The Clippers bench is clearly a lot better than it was but we have no idea how they are going to work.

The Spurs bench lost a lot this offseason and I think they are going to miss those players this year and may pay for it with more injury issues.

Scoots
10-18-2015, 03:09 PM
I love the Warriors bench.

I think the best bench is the Rockets with Beverly, Terry, Brewer, Thornton, McDaniels, Harrell, Dekker, Motiejunas, Capela as they can play multiple styles, can score and can defend.

The Rockets are followed by the Bulls bench for me.

JEDean89
10-18-2015, 11:57 PM
wolves have a nice bench too.

pekovic/dieng
euro dude/payne
muhammed/prince
kevin martin
andre miller

thats deep

rhino17
10-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Warriors and Rockets

Arch Stanton
10-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!! Mandelbaum!!!

tredigs
10-19-2015, 07:38 AM
Warriors bench is probably a tad overrated. The falloff is massive between them and the starters and I'd be very surprised if they were top 3 statistically last year. Could be beast this year though if Ezeli improves and can stay on the floor.

Tony_Starks
10-19-2015, 09:56 AM
If the Cavs would quit the stalemate Mo Williams, Delly, JR Swish/Shump, Andy and Thompson off the bench is pretty serious...

kobebabe
10-22-2015, 02:14 AM

Lol. Dude has to throw the Kings in there to make himself feel good. Whatever floats your boat man. Go for it

Scoots
10-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Warriors bench is probably a tad overrated. The falloff is massive between them and the starters and I'd be very surprised if they were top 3 statistically last year. Could be beast this year though if Ezeli improves and can stay on the floor.

I agree in general, the significant part of the Warriors bench is how it's built. Their bench means they can change styles and mix and match to trouble anybody they play. All of the 2nd group are smart players which helps a lot. Livingston is not a good shooter outside 10 feet, but he runs the team like a starter and is a good post player. Barbosa is a bad defender but is very good at pace and space offense. Iguodala has become a bad FT shooter and limits his offensive game a lot (don't really know why) but is great at running the team and is one of the best team and man defenders in the game. Speights is a very good mid-range shooter and has become a better defender and rebounder. Ezeli is becoming one of the best backup Cs in the game. All of them are flawed as individuals but they are a great team.

However, I agree and that's why I didn't pick them as the best bench :)

WaDe03
10-22-2015, 01:44 PM
I've only watched the Heat so far and their second unit looks great with Gerald Green looking like he's going to make a run for 6th man of the year and we got him for the minimum lol.

Chalmers or Johnson
Green
Winslow
McRoberts
Amare

Tyler Johnson has also looked great so far and will push Chalmers for that backup spot.