PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (Round 1): Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll vs Baltimore

Shammyguy3
10-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Once again, users from the main NBA forum and subsequent team forums partook in a fantasy, snake redraft. There are two conferences, 28 teams total. The top-8 teams made the playoffs. Playoff rankings were voted on by users partaking in the game, and now the playoff matchups are to be voted on by all of YOU users in the this here forum. Please, vote for whichever team you think would win in a 7-game matchup and please put it in the poll (if you are unable, give me a shout out to add your vote to the poll). All players are considered 100% healthy, although we must take into account our own thoughts on exactly what 100% health means for certain players at these stages in their respective careers. So, go ahead and vote!

4. Liam (home-court)
C - Robin Lopez (29), Alexis Ajinca (14), Amir Johnson (5)
PF - Donatas Motiejunas(29), Amir Johnson (19)
SF - Andrew Wiggins (18), PJ Tucker (30)
SG - Avery Bradley (32), Andrew Wiggins (16), Marcus Thornton (0)
PG - Russell Westbrook (36), Greivis Vasquez (12)

5. Baltimore
PG: George Hill - D.J. Augustin
SG: Lance Stephenson - Randy Foye
SF: Paul Pierce - Jae Crowder
PF: Draymond Green - Kris Humphries
C: Al Horford - JJ Hickson

KnicksorBust
10-14-2015, 11:46 AM
And the final score of game 1... 72-68.

Shammyguy3
10-14-2015, 11:58 AM
:laugh2: this would definitely be a grind it out series, but i think Liam advances. By far the best player guarding the opposing team's highest scorer from last season in George Hill. Wiggins guarding Pierce, and RoLo slowing down Horford.

unleashthebeast
10-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Westbrook takes 50 shots a game on that team lol

Just a note that my team (Baltimore) will go small at times too, with Pierce at the 4 and either Green or Horford at the 5. I think those lineups can really expose the lack of quickness and defense from their bigs, without negatively affecting my team because of their lack of offense outside of Westbrook

Raps18-19 Champ
10-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Westbrook takes 50 shots a game on that team lol

Just a note that my team (Baltimore) will go small at times too, with Pierce at the 4 and either Green or Horford at the 5. I think those lineups can really expose the lack of quickness and defense from their bigs, without negatively affecting my team because of their lack of offense outside of Westbrook

We can just match by going with Tucker.

Westbrook, Bradley, Wiggins, Tucker, RoLo/Amir/Montie.

Not to mention your team's ability to score is much worse off than my team.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Offense

We'll employ a faster paced offense to accommodate the team's athletic abilities. We all know how capable Westbrook is as a player and was pretty much unstoppable when he was the main man on the Thunder. He should receive plenty of opportunity to be that player again on this roster.

We've surrounded Westbrook with capable shooters in Wiggins(3FG% of 36% off catch and shoot), Montie (3FG% of 39% off catch and shoot), Tucker (3FG% of 36% off catch and shoot and Bradley (3FG% of 38% off catch and shoot), all of whom should receive plenty of open looks in a fast paced offense with Westbrook going down the lane along with Amir (one of the best screen setters in the league) setting picks for them to get open (Bradley ranks 5th in PPP at 0.99 among all players with min 50 GP and 100 FGA coming off screens while Wiggins not too far behind at 0.89)

Not only do we have shooters around Westbrook, but we have players who can be very effective in the post. Amir is an extremely efficient scorer inside and we have the personnel to set him up inside (57% last year). Amir is one of the best at cutting to the rim, ranking 4th in FG% at 59% (among all players with 100 FGA in cuts while playing 50 games). As a roll man, Amir also ranks 6th among all players with +50 games and +100 FGA in PPP at 1.16 and and in FG% at 57%.

Donatas' post moves are also pretty self explanatory as well. Among all players in the league last year who played 50 games and have 100 FGA in post up plays, Donatas ranks 1st in FG% at 53.4% and 3rd in PPP at 0.98 (1st is Jonas Valanciunas at 1.02 so he's not too far behind).

Robin Lopez and Alexis Ajinca are very good in the post too. Among all players with 50 GP and 50 FGA in post plays, Ajinca ranks 1st in FG% at 58% and PPP with 1.10 while Robin ranks 3rd in both categories at 56% and 1.06 (with both averaging around 1 FGA in post play per game). Lopez is a strong roll man as well (among +50 GP and +100 FGA in roll man situation) averaging 1.17 PPP (4th among all those players), 61% (4th among all those players) and 4th in percentile among all those players.

Defense

We're going to play mostly man to man because pretty much most of their players can't score on their own and some barely crack 10 PPG. To maximize Westbrook offensively, Westbrook's will see plenty of time guarding the 37% 8 PPG Lance Stephenson though he'll also see Hill as well. We'd have a premier defender guarding Hill in Avery Bradley (All NBA Defense team candidate this season and on the team in other seasons) with Westbrook guarding him when Bradley on the bench or Vasquez in the lineup. Pierce is a solid player but is a low teens scorer in his age and is going to be guarded by Tucker/Wiggins so Pierce will see a physical defender and a long defender throughout the series.

Horford will be guarded mostly by RoLo, who is a respectable defender. Robin Lopez defended 8.8 FGA at the rim last year and allowed only a FG% at the rim of 48%, which is a respectable performance and comparable to players that people think are great defenders such as Drummond (8.9FGA and 48%), Duncan (9.1 FGA, 47%), DeAndre (8.7 FGA and 49%), Whiteside (8.3 FGA and 47%), Marc Gasol (7.5 FGA and 50%), Horford (7.2 FGA and 50%), Anthony Davis (7.1 FGA and 49%). Should Lopez need to go to the bench or is in foul trouble, we have guys who can at least hold their own against Horford such as Donatas (6.4 FGA and 49%) and Amir (average defending the rim but good man to man defender) in the 5-7 minutes Horford is on the floor without Lopez there.

Redrum187
10-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Baltimore's leading scorer is George Hill, who scored 16 ppg last season. I don't know how Baltimore will score more than 80 points in all honesty. I don't see any of their players capable of taking over offensively. It doesn't help that Westbrook is an elite defender which would make scoring for Baltimore even more difficult.

Gander13SM
10-14-2015, 11:53 PM
There's a distinct lack of offense for Baltimore. I like their lineup from a team perspective, it's actually very Hawks-esque imo, Dray replacing Millsap, Pierce for the Junkyard Dog role, hitting the clutch shots, Hill > Teague. People sleeping on the season Hill just had, it was impressive as hell.

BUT... Lance? Really? I just think that's a horrible fit. He's completely unreliable on both sides, volatile. I don't see him getting his shot off when matched up against Bradley never mind Wiggins. And he's too selfish to be a willing participant in a Hawks/Spurs esque system.

I really like the options Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll has for Pick and Rolls with Westy BUT Dray is so versatile defensively, Baltimore could switch with a relative amount of comfort. My biggest concern for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll offensively would simply be Westbrick shooting them out of the game. Hill is a solid defender and Lance can be on occassion but he's not as consistent with it. If they found a way to force Westbrook to take more jumpers, it would be a problem. The other thing is Westbrook is turnover prone, I'm just not convinced Baltimore are a great fastbreak team, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll is simply more athletic.

This is tough. My instinct says Westbrook can't be trusted to put a team on his back and WIN (a lot of those trip dubs came in losses). But at the same time, I can't get over how athletic they are. If you swapped Wiggins for Lance I think this could be a different story, maybe.

I'm picking Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll

mightybosstone
10-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Baltimore can't score and Liam's best 3-point shooter is their PF, but I do love me some DMo. Both teams have some pretty sexy defenses, but I loathe both of their offenses. I'm going to wait to vote on this one for a couple of days.

unleashthebeast
10-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Saying that George Hill is going to be my leading scorer is ****ing dumb lol, has to be Horford or even Pierce. The reality is that I have offensive weapons everywhere, they have................... Westbrook. He can't win a series by himself, against an elite defensive team.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Lol I get you want to defend you team but at least be a little realistic.

Redrum187
10-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Saying that George Hill is going to be my leading scorer is ****ing dumb lol, has to be Horford or even Pierce. The reality is that I have offensive weapons everywhere, they have................... Westbrook. He can't win a series by himself, against an elite defensive team.

Hill was your leading scorer last season. How many points per game do you think Horford and Pierce (who plays less than 30 minutes a game) will make? What offensive weapons do you have? What is your pecking order?

xxplayerxx23
10-15-2015, 06:37 PM
In all fairness Al is easily a better scorer then Hill. His team had so many options. I like horford a ton not sure who I'll vote for yet but hair wanted to point that out

Raps18-19 Champ
10-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Baltimore can't score and Liam's best 3-point shooter is their PF, but I do love me some DMo. Both teams have some pretty sexy defenses, but I loathe both of their offenses. I'm going to wait to vote on this one for a couple of days.

Both Bradley and Tucker are a career 36% shooter from 3 so multiple options from 3 outside of DMo.