PDA

View Full Version : Stat Heads; Open FG% ??

Gander13SM
10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Is there a site that tracks open FG% or more specifically 3pt% for players?

I'm intrigued to see the difference between open FG% and defended %

Especially for guys like Steph, who I swear shoot better with a defender on them than they do on a wide open catch and shoot.

Chronz
10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Nba.com. is ur friend. Navigate the stats page for shot tracking info or synergy sets. You could always just click on steph page and go to his shot tracker

IndyRealist
10-13-2015, 03:13 PM
In the last couple of years NBA.com/stats has seriously stepped up. Since they added the SportVU data it's been absolutely astonishing the turnaround in what used to be considered a laughable, outdated resource. Now, if the NBA would finally stop citing FG% they'd be caught up with the current decade. FG% was outdated 36 years ago once they added the 3pt line.

Raidaz4Life
10-13-2015, 03:19 PM
^

NBA.com stats page is mind blowing

tredigs
10-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Those guys are right, NBA.com has a great stats page that includes multiple variations of how close a defender is and if they are 2pt or 3pt field goals. And I haven't looked at it lately, but you're right that Steph shoots a ridiculous% under tight coverage. I'm not sure it's better than his open looks, but it's a much closer percentage than most players.

Gander13SM
10-13-2015, 06:02 PM
I appreciate the response guys. I was aware of the updated stats page on NBA.com but I couldn't find what I was looking for, then again I didn't delve too deep, probably just missed it.

Thanks again.