PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (Round 1): Saskatchatoon vs Markham

Shammyguy3
10-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Once again, users from the main NBA forum and subsequent team forums partook in a fantasy, snake redraft. There are two conferences, 28 teams total. The top-8 teams made the playoffs. Playoff rankings were voted on by users partaking in the game, and now the playoff matchups are to be voted on by all of YOU users in the this here forum. Please, vote for whichever team you think would win in a 7-game matchup and please put it in the poll (if you are unable, give me a shout out to add your vote to the poll). All players are considered 100% healthy, although we must take into account our own thoughts on exactly what 100% health means for certain players at these stages in their respective careers. So, go ahead and vote!

3. Saskatchatoon (Home Court)
PG: Damian Lillard | Patty Mills
SG: Iman Shumpert | Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Nicolas Batum | Richard Jefferson
PF: Chris Bosh | Mason Plumlee
C: Omer Asik | Chris Kaman

6. Markham
C: Nikola Pekovic / Trevor Booker
PF: Serge Ibaka / Kyle O'Quinn
SF: Michael Kidd Gilchrest / Rodney Hood
SG: Arron Afflalo/Jamal Crawford
PG: Kyrie Irving / Steve Blake

xnick5757
10-11-2015, 08:17 PM
I really love this matchup for Markham.

They have Ibaka to guard Bosh, and MKG on Batum.

But i'll wait for writeups to vote :)

mightybosstone
10-11-2015, 11:07 PM
I really love this matchup for Markham.

They have Ibaka to guard Bosh, and MKG on Batum.

But i'll wait for writeups to vote :)

I think they're fairly evenly matched in terms of defensive matchups. Also, I'm far less concerned about who's going to guard Batum and Bosh and far more concerned about who's going to defend Lillard. Saskatchatoon has the flexibility of swapping defensive assignments and putting Shumpert on Irving. But who defends Lillard when he gets hot? Also, who is the No. 2 scorer on Markham if Irving is having an off night (which he will over the course of a 7-game series with Shumpert guarding him)? I don't remotely trust Ibaka, Pekovic or Afflalo to take over the offensive load. But Bosh is an ideal No. 2 in a PSD Re-draft.

I'll also wait for some discussion, but I'm leaning heavily toward Saskatchatoon at this point.

AI
10-12-2015, 08:37 AM
I honestly don't have much time to write something up due to being smothered with work... But I think I should win this matchup pretty easily. Lillard and Bosh is an ideal 1-2 punch and Markham doesn't have anybody who can carry the load when Kyrie has an off night, which he will with Shumpert guarding him. Also, what can Pekovic do at this point? He hasn't been able to stay on the floor for the last couple of years and Afflalo has also regressed and isn't the defender he once was so if they decide to play Kyrie on Shumpert and have Afflalo on Lillard, that's still a favorable matchup for me.

KnicksorBust
10-12-2015, 11:08 AM
As I mentioned in the lounge, I really think Saskatchatoon has a chance to go far. They are built in a way to match-up well with any opponent and they have the talent. It really depends how people view Lillard. I am high on him.

IMO they will advance here easily.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-12-2015, 11:19 AM
I think they're fairly evenly matched in terms of defensive matchups. Also, I'm far less concerned about who's going to guard Batum and Bosh and far more concerned about who's going to defend Lillard. Saskatchatoon has the flexibility of swapping defensive assignments and putting Shumpert on Irving. But who defends Lillard when he gets hot? Also, who is the No. 2 scorer on Markham if Irving is having an off night (which he will over the course of a 7-game series with Shumpert guarding him)? I don't remotely trust Ibaka, Pekovic or Afflalo to take over the offensive load. But Bosh is an ideal No. 2 in a PSD Re-draft.

I'll also wait for some discussion, but I'm leaning heavily toward Saskatchatoon at this point.

Yea that's what decided it for me.

Matter.
10-12-2015, 12:34 PM
It's not like Markham has MKG, who is one of the best defenders to guard lillard and put Afflalo on batum

Sadds The Gr8
10-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Sask in like 5. Markham would struggle to score

Redrum187
10-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Batum was complete trash and Asik is unjustifiably considered a great defensive center. I had Shrump in one of the other redrafts, and I would not dare start him (I think I had him 3rd string). He is a decent backup though. Also, the stats show Asik is not only a terrible offensive player, but a mediocre at best defender. If, as they say, Asik was a great defensive center, why are the Pelicans average to below average?

Having said that, Kyrie is the only offensive player for Markham. I think this game would be over in 6 in favor of Saskatoon.

AI
10-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Batum was complete trash and Asik is unjustifiably considered a great defensive center. I had Shrump in one of the other redrafts, and I would not dare start him (I think I had him 3rd string). He is a decent backup though. Also, the stats show Asik is not only a terrible offensive player, but a mediocre at best defender. If, as they say, Asik was a great defensive center, why are the Pelicans average to below average?

Having said that, Kyrie is the only offensive player for Markham. I think this game would be over in 6 in favor of Saskatoon.

Just curious, is that the team you had to cheat to win with?

Anyways, Shumpert couldn't start for your team yet he started for the team that made it to the NBA finals (He started 16/20 games and played 34.8 minutes per for CLE in the playoffs)? Let's be clear here, I don't need Shump or Asik to do anything that they don't excel at already. Shumpert is one of the better on-ball defenders in the entire NBA and can knock down open 3's at a a decent clip as evidenced by his 36% 3P% in the playoffs this year. Asik is not only a good defender who can bang down low, but he's an elite rebounder which is exactly what I need next to Bosh. As for Batum being complete trash, that's just ridiculous, his track record speaks for itself.

Redrum187
10-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Just curious, is that the team you had to cheat to win with?

Anyways, Shumpert couldn't start for your team yet he started for the team that made it to the NBA finals (He started 16/20 games and played 34.8 minutes per for CLE in the playoffs)? Let's be clear here, I don't need Shump or Asik to do anything that they don't excel at already. Shumpert is one of the better on-ball defenders in the entire NBA and can knock down open 3's at a a decent clip as evidenced by his 36% 3P% in the playoffs this year. Asik is not only a good defender who can bang down low, but he's an elite rebounder which is exactly what I need next to Bosh. As for Batum being complete trash, that's just ridiculous, his track record speaks for itself.

You're not as funny as UTB, just stop.

Cleveland ran out of players... they also were ultra weak in the guard position. JR Smith or Delli... being better than them doesn't mean he is a starter. Also, your team doesn't have LeBron James to make up for the subpar Shumpert.

Your offense is Lillard and Bosh. Get this... 3/5 of your starters didn't even score 10 ppg last season. They were complete trash offensively and overrated defensively. Also, your spacing is terrible! Your best 3 point shooter is Chris Bosh, but he only had an above average percentage for 44 games last season... Lillard chucked so much last season and it's not like he can pass it to himself to hit the 3, nor is he Stephen Curry with his pull up 3 point shot. Playing a zone on your terribly spaced team, with only 2 legitimate offensive threats will be a major concern moving forward.

I'm not even sure why or how you could argue any of the points I've made, but at the end of the day, I said you win this in 6 games.