PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (Round 1): Harlem vs Elk Grove

Shammyguy3
10-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Once again, users from the main NBA forum and subsequent team forums partook in a fantasy, snake redraft. There are two conferences, 28 teams total. The top-8 teams made the playoffs. Playoff rankings were voted on by users partaking in the game, and now the playoff matchups are to be voted on by all of YOU users in the this here forum. Please, vote for whichever team you think would win in a 7-game matchup and please put it in the poll (if you are unable, give me a shout out to add your vote to the poll). All players are considered 100% healthy, although we must take into account our own thoughts on exactly what 100% health means for certain players at these stages in their respective careers. So, go ahead and vote!

4. Harlem (Home-Court)
C: Gorgui Dieng (28) | Anthony Davis (15) | Jason Thompson (5)
PF: Anthony Davis (23) | Ersan Ilyasova (25)
SF: Matt Barnes (28) | Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (20)
SG: Bradley Beal (33) | Dennis Schroeder (10) | Kentaveious Caldwell-Pope (5)
PG: Tony Parker (30) | Dennis Schroeder (18)

5. Elk Grove
PG: Isaiah Thomas | Rajon Rondo
SG: Mike Dunleavy | Jodie Meeks
SF: Wilson Chandler | Marvin Williams
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Nick Collison
C: Andre Drummond | Kendrick Perkins

KnicksorBust
10-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Elk is a good team but I like Harlem here and it wasn't a tough decision. Elk's perimeter defense is one of the worst in the redraft and that plays right into a strength for Harlem. Plus I love Dirk but it is Anthony Davis's time to shine. IMO he is the best player in the series. Congrats to both teams.

Shammyguy3
10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
agreed, having Thomas/Dunleavy one of them guarding Tony Parker is gonna be ugly, and Davis is definitely the matchup's best player

TrueFan420
10-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Home court for Harlem is the difference maker for me

TrueFan420
10-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Elk should have made a move for a better SG

krrys11
10-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I take Elk. I like the idea that Dirk can space the floor so Drummond can go against Dieng. And that's a great match up for Elk. Also if you swith Davis to Andre I cant see Dieng guarding Dirk outside or Ilyasova inside.
The other think is that the bench looks really strong for Elk compare to Harlem.

Shammyguy3
10-09-2015, 04:38 PM
If you switch Davis to Drummond, sure. But it's likely that Davis will guard Dirk anyway

mightybosstone
10-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Harlem here. Better defense. Best player. Just a more well-rounded basketball team overall. I think they win this series in 5 or 6.

PatsSoxKnicks
10-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Dirrrkkkkkkkkkkk.