PDA

View Full Version : SAS snaps back at KD on first take

Stunner
10-05-2015, 12:54 PM
https://youtu.be/a-4vE4427Dc

KD I will admit has a history of being sensitive when it comes to the media .

Tony_Starks
10-05-2015, 01:05 PM
I really don't see why he took a shot at SAS, what he said was just what he has been hearing.

KD has already went on the record saying if it doesn't come from his agent it isn't true, he should just stick to that and not fall for the okie doke with the media turning people against each other....

lamzoka
10-05-2015, 01:11 PM
KD just got tired of being labeled "Mr nice guy", and now he's doing everything in his power to remove that title.

nycericanguy
10-05-2015, 01:38 PM
KD just got tired of being labeled "Mr nice guy", and now he's doing everything in his power to remove that title.

yea like after Westbrook blew up at the media, KD did the same thing right after... just seemed contrived n phony.

cmellofan15
10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Lmao stephen a smith is a joke. Durant has never been afraid to call people out on their bull****, I'm glad he didn't hold any punches here.

Chronz
10-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Couple of blow hards going at it. Someone is clearly lying but isn't that why rumors are nothing to get mad at, both sides should laugh it off, its the world they live in. I guess boiling points arise, either that or this is all for show and we're the doops.

foonaka
10-05-2015, 01:55 PM
I love how SAS is implying that he has friends.

tp13baby
10-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Wonder how long it took SAS to think of that comeback considering he couldn't make a race comment since it is coming from KD.

FlashBolt
10-05-2015, 02:20 PM
SAS is showing just how unprofessional he is. Love the guy but he's wrong on this... there was no need to escalate this thing any further after KD denied it.

Stunner
10-05-2015, 02:28 PM
SAS is showing just how unprofessional he is. Love the guy but he's wrong on this... there was no need to escalate this thing any further after KD denied it.

Blame ESPN , they allowed it to take place and gave him the platform and freedom .

To a degree how many of us would allow us to let somebody call them out on their rep in public ? I don't blame SAS to not want to be casted into the category of Brossuard and Bucher.

GiantsSwaGG
10-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I actually agree with SAS and I hate him. Durant looking extra sensitive

basketballkitty
10-05-2015, 03:09 PM
You DON'T wanna make an enemy out of " Stephen A Urkel "!!!...( Did I do that ) LOL!!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3uj5yS7eM1qzfsnio2_1280.jpg

savvy1803
10-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Blame ESPN , they allowed it to take place and gave him the platform and freedom .

To a degree how many of us would allow us to let somebody call them out on their rep in public ? I don't blame SAS to not want to be casted into the category of Brossuard and Bucher.

Just watched S.A.S. on First Take as he gave his side of the story and i kept listening for the name of the sauce that provided him his information on this matter and he never comes out with a person or person's where his so called information was gleaned .

He bloviates on what he has heard and how he can find out more in 10 minutes by attending a basketball game then placing various phone calls during a 2 week period on the subject , he is in essence placing himself in the Broussard zone by not telling us where the information came from ... looks like rumor mill reporting when you don't supply a sauce .

He talked about being deeply offended and talks about his resume and years of service and how nobody wants to make an enemy of him yada yada yada and through it all never supplies an actual source , if it's rumor based admit it and move on or supply your source and shut Durant up ... he has done neither .

Somebody is lying big time i want to see where this goes from here should be interesting to see if Durant continues to stand his ground or softens his stance going forward , more drama from ESPN where actual sauces go to die a slow and grisly death lol .

xbrackattackx
10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Who the heck does SAS think he is. If I was Durant and he called me a liar, he would hear from my lawyer. He's part of the media of course he's lying. Trying to get hits and make money. I'm a lakers fan and knew that Durant ain't coming. It's OKC or Washington in my book.

FlashBolt
10-05-2015, 03:59 PM
It really doesn't matter what KD did on his end. At the end of the day, SAS is immature and lost credibility for lashing out on someone the way he did on tv. Maybe it was for ratings but I don't see why they needed a segment on this. I honestly don't see what KD did wrongfully as well. SAS should just have apologized and clarify what he meant.

aman_13
10-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Nm.

kdspurman
10-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I really don't see why he took a shot at SAS, what he said was just what he has been hearing.

KD has already went on the record saying if it doesn't come from his agent it isn't true, he should just stick to that and not fall for the okie doke with the media turning people against each other....

I kinda feel the same way. He also said he didn't care what the media said at one point, so idk what's changed. Surely he can expect a ton of speculation this season

Stunner
10-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Yea KD better call out every reporter who reports him prob going somewhere now

Jewelz0376
10-05-2015, 04:55 PM

Just watched S.A.S. on First Take as he gave his side of the story and i kept listening for the name of the sauce that provided him his information on this matter and he never comes out with a person or person's where his so called information was gleaned .

He bloviates on what he has heard and how he can find out more in 10 minutes by attending a basketball game then placing various phone calls during a 2 week period on the subject , he is in essence placing himself in the Broussard zone by not telling us where the information came from ... looks like rumor mill reporting when you don't supply a sauce .

He talked about being deeply offended and talks about his resume and years of service and how nobody wants to make an enemy of him yada yada yada and through it all never supplies an actual source , if it's rumor based admit it and move on or supply your source and shut Durant up ... he has done neither .

Somebody is lying big time i want to see where this goes from here should be interesting to see if Durant continues to stand his ground or softens his stance going forward , more drama from ESPN where actual sauces go to die a slow and grisly death lol .

No way he'd name the source. If he named his source you think anyone would ever tell him anything again? Of course not. He would destroy his entire reputation. He may be loud and obnoxious sometimes, but I still would consider him a credible source when it comes to nba news.

lamzoka
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Say what you want about SAS, but dude is creditable. He was the first one to report James going to miami. He was the first one to break the news about Phil Jackson coming to the knicks on first take.

mike_noodles
10-05-2015, 05:20 PM
SAS is a pure clown. Would anyone in the world lose one wink of sleep if he was your enemy?

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2015, 05:22 PM
SAS is an fawking idiot.

He tries to get views by baiting people and spreading rumours. He gets called out on it, then he pretends like he has integrity.

He needs to STFU. If he doesn't have a legit source that he can step up with, he needs to stop peddling rumours he thinks will get him views. He thinks saying he "heard it" gets him off the hook, but he's still pandering what he knows to be lies, and he can hide behind the "I'm protecting my source" BS when he makes $#!T up.

I don't even know how SAS has a job at this point. He's doesn't even have any interesting insights into the game, and he only ever rides the nuts of guys who play hero ball.

savvy1803
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM
No way he'd name the source. If he named his source you think anyone would ever tell him anything again? Of course not. He would destroy his entire reputation. He may be loud and obnoxious sometimes, but I still would consider him a credible source when it comes to nba news.

So back to Broussard land with undisclosed sauces then just say so and be done with it , his reputation took a hit when one of the league superstars called him a liar and he skirts the periphery of the subject by saying how Durant's inner circle has shrunk and goes on to mention his brother and how Durant's mother has been a guest on the show , (and Durant's comments about the Scott Brooks firing and how the media was proven right and Durant was wrong ) where they the source ... was anyone the source ?

Is he reporting the news or making it , now he has inflamed it more by calling Durant a liar , this can't end well for somebody , i have no clue who's lying on this matter but Durant's response to this should prove interesting to say the least ?

Chris Broussard has made a living out of claiming he has heard it from undisclosed sauces about nearly everything he reports on and we know how highly he is perceived by anyone not drawing an ESPN paycheck .

Broussard's reporting mantra is akin to the Marvin Gaye song " Heard it from the Grapevine " , i hope SAS has not adopted this as well , like i said Durant's response should be interesting .

Bruno
10-05-2015, 07:15 PM
The job of media is important. we forget that today because of how pathetic our news it, how owned it is, how manipulated it is, how much of a farce it is. there is very little honest, true news today. most of it is mindless entertainment masquerading around as legitimate information (CNN, FOX, CNBC, ESPN, all of them).

SAS is just another talking head, a part of the song and dance, a cog in the tower of bull****. he is a loud mouth blow hard hack, who can usually say and report whatever half, quarter and non-truths he hears, because it has become industry standard, and because most players just let stuff slide.

see we as a public stopped demanding legitimate news years ago, thats why sensationalists and entertainers like Stephen A Smith have jobs as "reporters". It brings me so much joy to see a legitimate superstar in this league call out so specifically and directly the flaws in how our media chooses to present information to the public as fact. Lets applaud Durant for attempting to ripping down the curtain of lies, sensational headlines and media and blowhard hacks who think they're bigger than the game they cover.

expose them.

Bruno
10-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Couple of blow hards going at it. Someone is clearly lying but isn't that why rumors are nothing to get mad at, both sides should laugh it off, its the world they live in. I guess boiling points arise, either that or this is all for show and we're the doops.

could be the later.

krazylegz
10-05-2015, 07:48 PM
fixed

krazylegz
10-05-2015, 07:49 PM
its like watching a silly soap opera...seemed staged and silly

Silent
10-05-2015, 07:54 PM
I didn't even think anyone listens to this clown

More-Than-Most
10-05-2015, 08:49 PM
lol seems everyone is in full swing today with their hate for SAS and their general hate for ESPN because its the cool thing to do.... :rolleyes:

Like it or not SAS is on point when it comes to breaking basketball related stories before they happen and knows his **** while Durant has done nothing but act like a dumbass when it comes to trying to run with the bad boy image

SteBO
10-05-2015, 09:05 PM
lol seems everyone is in full swing today with their hate for SAS and their general hate for ESPN because its the cool thing to do.... :rolleyes:

Like it or not SAS is on point when it comes to breaking basketball related stories before they happen and knows his **** while Durant has done nothing but act like a dumbass when it comes to trying to run with the bad boy image
100% spot on with this. KD straight called SAS a liar, while it's obvious to anyone who's been following how rumors and NBA transactions work, that KD has all the reasons in the world to lie about who his inner circle is speaking to and what his plans are. Therefore, Smith has every right to defend himself. I also haven't forgotten about that anti-media tirade Durant gave around the All-Star break last year....in short, KD needs to zip it up.

da ThRONe
10-05-2015, 09:17 PM
I really don't get what people expect from sports media members. They are there to report things. Unless you think a person in the media is literally making things up then they are getting their info somewhere. Now from what I understand many "sources" leak info to the media as an attempt to control a situation. However if I'm someone on TV or radio and I've been given info from a source and have permission to air this info that's actually what I'd do. Regardless of how people feel about SAS reporting is his job. KD if anything should be calling SAS alleged source out not SAS himself.

Stunner
10-05-2015, 09:55 PM
100% spot on with this. KD straight called SAS a liar, while it's obvious to anyone who's been following how rumors and NBA transactions work, that KD has all the reasons in the world to lie about who his inner circle is speaking to and what his plans are. Therefore, Smith has every right to defend himself. I also haven't forgotten about that anti-media tirade Durant gave around the All-Star break last year....in short, KD needs to zip it up.

Yup , people are so quick to defend KD just based on their dislike of SAS and not really look at the entire situation. If SAS said he spoke to KD directly then ok but SAS never claimed that he said a " source " .

Only real problem anyone should have with all of this is that it seemed like SAS may hat threatened him with the enemy line and deem it unprofessional. But other than that SAS has every right to defend himself because KD attacked him.

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 10:38 PM

NO if it was what he was hearing, then he would have named who told him that. It isnt like it was a credible source anyway. SAS makes stuff up for ratings. he has no talent to do anything productive with his life like kevin durant- he should shut his pie hole

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Yup , people are so quick to defend KD just based on their dislike of SAS and not really look at the entire situation. If SAS said he spoke to KD directly then ok but SAS never claimed that he said a " source " .

Only real problem anyone should have with all of this is that it seemed like SAS may hat threatened him with the enemy line and deem it unprofessional. But other than that SAS has every right to defend himself because KD attacked him.

SAS never said who his source was- so it still looks like he made it up

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE]I really don't get what people expect from sports media members. They are there to report things.

Yes report things, and research your sources. There use to be a time when professional journalism put value into getting the story right, these days with social media- I think the focus is more about getting it first and making sure its interesting. Whether it's accurate or not is a minor detail

It sounds like SAS is doing one of two things.

He either doesnt really have a source and is making it up himself.

Or he has a source that clearly lied about this information and he is protecting this source by not putting him on blast. Why protect a source that has bad information- unless you plan on getting additional information from that same source in the future.

LOl either way stephen a smith isnt professional. Hes either making up things or he is protecting a source that has given him information that has been confirmed to be a lie.

Stunner
10-05-2015, 10:48 PM

Reporters don't name their secret source , that defeats the purpose of having a source on the inside

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Reporters don't name their secret source , that defeats the purpose of having a source on the inside

well if the source is confirmed to be lieing and a bad source- might as well let the public know not to take any information from that source

Stunner
10-05-2015, 10:59 PM
well if the source is confirmed to be lieing and a bad source- might as well let the public know not to take any information from that source

It's not confirmed tho it's just word against word . KD could very well be covering his own ***. Like SAS " check your inner circle "

mngopher35
10-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Why do people expect a source to be named? If that were the case we would have almost no reporters breaking stories (either you never give your sources or sources never come to you). If every journalist out there protects their sources why bash another one for doing the same thing?

I don't like SAS and likely never will but if someone calls him out I think he can and should respond. He has actually been pretty decent at breaking some news so even if I don't like/trust him he is far from the worst in that category.

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:04 PM
It's not confirmed tho it's just word against word . KD could very well be covering his own ***. Like SAS " check your inner circle "

well kd doesnt need to cover his own ***- he didnt say anything wrong.... and its not word against word.

KD is saying what he knows- stephen a smith is hiding behind a source. LOl its exactly why here say isnt admissible in court- best bet would be the person using a source is the one less likely to be accurate

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Why do people expect a source to be named? If that were the case we would have almost no reporters breaking stories (either you never give your sources or sources never come to you). If every journalist out there protects their sources why bash another one for doing the same thing?

I don't like SAS and likely never will but if someone calls him out I think he can and should respond. He has actually been pretty decent at breaking some news so even if I don't like/trust him he is far from the worst in that category.

Well I understand protecting the source if they are giving good information, and you want to continue using the source.... but if the info is being contested by the actual person the information is regarding- then the source may not be good. Even if there is a chance the source is bad- the professional thing to do would be not to use that source anymore.

And if stephen A smith is gonna stand up to KD, then he should stop hiding behind a source and put everything on the table to prove he isnt the one whos lieing- otherwise... maybe he doesnt even have a source.

Stunner
10-05-2015, 11:10 PM
well kd doesnt need to cover his own ***- he didnt say anything wrong.... and its not word against word.

KD is saying what he knows- stephen a smith is hiding behind a source. LOl its exactly why here say isnt admissible in court- best bet would be the person using a source is the one less likely to be accurate

KD does need to cover his *** , you don't want rumors of you potentially leaving hovering over your team .

And what do you mean he called another grown man " a liar " in public . SAS said you need to check who you surround yourself with and said KD is the one who is lying . At the moment it's word against word like I've stated .

Stunner
10-05-2015, 11:13 PM
It's funny people deem a source unreliable just because the person who the subject is about calls it a lie . Like people never in history called rumors lies and they still come true .

Chronz
10-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Well I understand protecting the source if they are giving good information, and you want to continue using the source.... but if the info is being contested by the actual person the information is regarding- then the source may not be good. Even if there is a chance the source is bad- the professional thing to do would be not to use that source anymore.

And if stephen A smith is gonna stand up to KD, then he should stop hiding behind a source and put everything on the table to prove he isnt the one whos lieing- otherwise... maybe he doesnt even have a source.

Its the same thing, why wouldn't KD contest the info?

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Its the same thing, why wouldn't KD contest the info?

Well if KD knew the information was true and SAS got it first hand from KDs mom or something- then he might not contest it. In most cases an athlete ignores it whether its true or not. Esp a quiet guy like KD. For him to go after SAS with that level of passion- makes one think its not true.

Stunner
10-05-2015, 11:27 PM
Well if KD knew the information was true and SAS got it first hand from KDs mom or something- then he might not contest it. In most cases an athlete ignores it whether its true or not. Esp a quiet guy like KD. For him to go after SAS with that level of passion- makes one think its not true.

KD been going after the media publicly since 2012

Putting on a front is just as good of a cover than not saying anything . SAS never said the man was going to outright sign with LA , all he said was that heard from people around the league that LA would be one of his preferred destinations if he left OKC . This no different than the media saying that Washington could be on his list for 2 years now .

I don't believe KD till he stays with OKC , I think he will test ever big fa market with money that's including LA .

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:35 PM
KD been going after the media publicly since 2012

Putting on a front is just as good of a cover than not saying anything . SAS never said the man was going to outright sign with LA , all he said was that heard from people around the league that LA would be one of his preferred destinations if he left OKC . This no different than the media saying that Washington could be on his list for 2 years now .

I don't believe KD till he stays with OKC , I think he will test ever big fa market with money that's including LA .

OK so why would he need to cover his own ***? That isnt even a rumor- and it has a huge contingency the way you said it- IF HE LEAVES OKC.

as far as trusting him? He has already signed an extension with OKC. If he wanted out that bad- wouldnt he have let after his rookie contract?

mngopher35
10-05-2015, 11:38 PM

I am not going to just assume it was a bad source because KD said it wasn't true. Of course he has to deny that while on OKC before the season starts. SAS should be a little more cautious with said source but right now there is no way anyone knows who is telling the truth. SAS has a rep for breaking nba news and isn't like Broussard where you just assume it is wrong. KD has had issues with media in the past. Right now it is Durants word vs. SAS word.

He did give examples of talking with KD, his family and his entourage. Not a major deal but this goes against the first part of what Durant said.

Once again no reporter will or should ever reveal their source. If SAS did that his days of breaking stories would be over.

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:44 PM
I am not going to just assume it was a bad source because KD said it wasn't true. Of course he has to deny that while on OKC before the season starts. SAS should be a little more cautious with said source but right now there is no way anyone knows who is telling the truth. SAS has a rep for breaking nba news and isn't like Broussard where you just assume it is wrong. KD has had issues with media in the past. Right now it is Durants word vs. SAS word.

He did give examples of talking with KD, his family and his entourage. Not a major deal but this goes against the first part of what Durant said.

Once again no reporter will or should ever reveal their source. If SAS did that his days of breaking stories would be over.

If enough athletes call out reporters for false information- then their careers would be over too.

Also its not KDs word vs stephen a smith. Its KDs word against an unamed source of stephen a smith. Smith left himself an out. Even if KD is right- Smith can still just say the source was wrong. And he wont name the source- so hes ok with someone potentially lieing about KD and not setting the record straight. One way or the other. If he doesnt want to set the record straight- might as well just shut up. Durant is atleast making an effort to clear things up... while smith is hiding behind a source

Stunner
10-05-2015, 11:46 PM
OK so why would he need to cover his own ***? That isnt even a rumor- and it has a huge contingency the way you said it- IF HE LEAVES OKC.

as far as trusting him? He has already signed an extension with OKC. If he wanted out that bad- wouldnt he have let after his rookie contract?

Dude what are you talking about ? Lol you're swimming in a ditch right now .

Who said KD wanted out of OKC after his rookie deal ? Nobody and he couldn't really leave if he wanted because he was a Restricted and would have to force a trade . OKC been downhill since they traded Harden , if OKC doesn't do any damage this year with the new head coach KD could possibly leave .

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:47 PM
This is ridiculous to even question Durant in this situation. You go to any JUDGE int he country and if they have 1 person telling their side of the story first hand about themself and another person contesting that story second hand with an unamed source- judge is gonna put a crap load more weight in the person telling first hand about info they would know.

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Dude what are you talking about ? Lol you're swimming in a ditch right now .

Who said KD wanted out of OKC after his rookie deal ? Nobody and he couldn't really leave if he wanted because he was a Restricted and would have to force a trade . OKC been downhill since they traded Harden , if OKC doesn't do any damage this year with the new head coach KD could possibly leave .

He could have taken the qualifying one year offer and became unrestricted the next summer- if your so sure he doesnt like being in OKC

Stunner
10-05-2015, 11:52 PM
He could have taken the qualifying one year offer and became unrestricted the next summer- if your so sure he doesnt like being in OKC

You gotta be trolling , KD signed that contract 5 years ago . Yea I'm going to stop responding to you

likemystylez
10-05-2015, 11:59 PM
You gotta be trolling , KD signed that contract 5 years ago . Yea I'm going to stop responding to you

well its the only hard evidence that exists that shows a decision by kevin durant to stay with the team. There hasnt been an opportunity since then for him to resign with them. he hasnt publicly demanded a trade. If you forget about rumors from the media and just concentrate on what durant has actually done- you should trust him to stay until HE ACTUALLY DOES something to make you not believe he wants to be in OKC

Chronz
10-06-2015, 12:26 AM

KD has lashed out against the media before and theres still the possibility that athletes deny statements even if they are true. I dont care whos right or wrong but we definitely cant tell by public posturing.

mngopher35
10-06-2015, 12:30 AM
If enough athletes call out reporters for false information- then their careers would be over too.

Sure, that would be every reporter though if many athletes did that. This is one specific example by one player in an industry where no one ever reveals their sources. SAS has a history of breaking stories so he already has some credibility in that department.

Also its not KDs word vs stephen a smith. Its KDs word against an unamed source of stephen a smith.

Well KD said no one he knows talks to SAS and it seems like that is false as they have multiple times in the past according to SAS even giving examples. Part of this is about the actual source I agree but not the entire thing which makes it partly one persons word vs. anothers. KD called him out and he defended himself which he definitely had a right to do.

Smith left himself an out. Even if KD is right- Smith can still just say the source was wrong. And he wont name the source- so hes ok with someone potentially lieing about KD and not setting the record straight. One way or the other. If he doesnt want to set the record straight- might as well just shut up. Durant is atleast making an effort to clear things up... while smith is hiding behind a source

You seem intent to point out all of this stuff about sources but again this is what every reporter does. They never reveal their sources nor should they, it doesn't take away their credibility. He was setting the record straight here by pointing out that he has talked to durant and his family in the past so Durant lied initially. He has broken stories in the past without naming sources as well (Lebron to Miami being a big one). Durant has had issues with the media in the past as well calling others out.

None of this directly means SAS was right and Durant was wrong but in no way does not naming sources make SAS less credible or mean he is alright with lying. He is doing what any reporter would do when being called out like this and Durant getting so defensive to start with kind of raises red flags (SAS never said the source was in KDs circle anyways but KD called him out anyways).

Mr.B
10-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Screamin A Smith is a clown. He only cares about self promotion, screw the truth.

rhino17
10-06-2015, 01:42 AM
SAS is a terrible writer, terrible reporter and a legitimately dumb guy. Anything he says is garbage

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 03:05 AM

My thoughts exactly. To a journalist, giving up your source is a death knell. Are you guys that think that SAS (or any journalist) should give up his (their) source(s) serious? Or are you just 12 years old? That's the way these things work. Once your sources are repeatedly bad, you drop them.

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 03:22 AM

Because OKC was playing great ball at the time (pre-Harden trade, pre-injuries). Also, this "accept the Qulifying Offer stuff is a pretty new gamble that guys weren't taking back then.

This is ridiculous to even question Durant in this situation. You go to any JUDGE int he country and if they have 1 person telling their side of the story first hand about themself and another person contesting that story second hand with an unamed source- judge is gonna put a crap load more weight in the person telling first hand about info they would know.

But they're not in a court of law here. If they were, SAS would be going to jail in contempt if he didn't give up his source. You have to prove things in a court of law. I have no idea why you're bringing this law stuff up.

You've said some pretty dumb stuff and you obviously don't know how journalism works so I'm not exactly sure why you keep posting about this.

LegendX
10-06-2015, 03:37 AM
Durant's comments didn't sound sensitive at all. Where are people getting that from? SAS is a clown, watching him milk the start of that video and basically saying "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry." What a joke.

I didn't watch the full video, does he go on for 10 minutes about this?

Gander13SM
10-06-2015, 05:01 AM

I have a friend who I a reporter and a family member who is a sports journalist. They would NEVER name a source. It would ruin their entire career. Nobody would trust them with information. Name ONE reporter who has ever given up a source without being legally obligated to do so. One.

To me it looks like KD is lying. What does S.A.S have to lie about? KD has implied he will entertain free agency. He makes a good point, if he isn't going to then why hasn't he signed an extension or at least given his word that he will when the cap spikes?

He also made a good point, KD says his family don't talk to SAS. And yet his mother has been on the damn show. Lmao.

Sorry. I'm not a big fan of first take or either of those guys personally but I have to say I believe SAS here.

58miller
10-06-2015, 06:13 AM
If youve had 6 conversations total with kd and a couple people around him in the last 7 years as stephen said then you really dont know these people nor can you say you talk to these people. He even admitted the last time he spoke to someone near durant was two years ago. So what sourse could have told him anything regarding durant? Stephen just mad durant shot down his credibility. I think i want to work for espn since all you have to do is claim you have a source and make so many guesses that your right sometimes. Stephen a smith if hes worried about his credibility then he mentions his source. If not then. Why even address it? Nothing he said helped his credibility lol. Espn first take is a joke anyway with skip clueless and now SaS

58miller
10-06-2015, 06:16 AM
I have a friend who I a reporter and a family member who is a sports journalist. They would NEVER name a source. It would ruin their entire career. Nobody would trust them with information. Name ONE reporter who has ever given up a source without being legally obligated to do so. One.

To me it looks like KD is lying. What does S.A.S have to lie about? KD has implied he will entertain free agency. He makes a good point, if he isn't going to then why hasn't he signed an extension or at least given his word that he will when the cap spikes?

He also made a good point, KD says his family don't talk to SAS. And yet his mother has been on the damn show. Lmao.

Sorry. I'm not a big fan of first take or either of those guys personally but I have to say I believe SAS here.

So if i talked to you 5 years ago once you can say today in present time you talk to me? 😏

Raidaz4Life
10-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Definitely backing Stephen A. on this. Sounded like Durant was irritated that something got leaked that he didn't want so he went after the one who reported it. If there wasn't an ounce of truth to it then why even bother addressing it? Do you know how many false stories are presented about athletes on a weekly basis? And how often do athletes go out of their way to say its not true?

Captain Moroni
10-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Who is this Smith guy?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I'll side with SAS here.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Definitely backing Stephen A. on this. Sounded like Durant was irritated that something got leaked that he didn't want so he went after the one who reported it. If there wasn't an ounce of truth to it then why even bother addressing it? Do you know how many false stories are presented about athletes on a weekly basis? And how often do athletes go out of their way to say its not true?

I think athletes should go after journalists who hide behind "sources" and tell false storys. I think it would encourage all writers to be more professional and make sure their storys are accurate before putting them out there. There was a time when the purpose of the media was to keep the public informed, but these days it seems like the media is more interested in breaking an interesting story even if it may or may not be accurate.

I think Smith is lying. If durant was lying and he knew it- he would keep his mouth shut in the first place.... If he knew smith had a credible source and his information was good- then he would know smith would be able to make him on the lie and prove the story to be correct.

Smith on the other hand is in a position where he has to defend himself. He makes his living breaking storys about athletes. If he sits back and lets someone call him a liar, thats a direct hit to the only thing he is being paid for. Aside from that- LOL Smith still hid behind a source and didnt really say where the info came from......

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 09:47 AM
So if i talked to you 5 years ago once you can say today in present time you talk to me? 😏

I think KDS quote about his family talking to smith was taken a little bit too literally. I think KD meant his family and friends are not discussing his feelings on upcoming contracts with SAS

LOL its also possible that SAS talked to KDs brother 3 yrs ago on a Thunder road trip and His bro said something like "It's always fun to go to LA for games" and sit in the front row with all the celebrities. And stephen A smith reported that as KD is considering the lakers according to a souce close to him.

Reporters twist crap around like that all the time to try and make headline statements.

Yanks All Day
10-06-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't believe Kevin Durant for a second here. People hate Stephen A. Smith because he's perceived as a loud mouth, but he's a distinguished journalist. He's usually accurate in his reporting. It's not a Chris Broussard situation.

Kevin Durant has been labeled as the "anti-LeBron" for years now. Everyone wants so badly to believe he's going to be on the Thunder for the rest of his career and be everything they hoped LeBron was going to be. That's why OKC gained so many fans when the Thunder played the Heat in the Finals. The fact of the matter is, he's not different. He's just as sensitive as LeBron is, except LeBron handles the media better. KD just doesn't want the distraction of "if OKC doesn't contend, he's gone" all year. Truth of the matter is that's just the reality of the NBA now.

Durant to Los Angeles makes a lot of sense, too. He gets the huge market and a ton of cap room without Kobe. A year later, Westbrook follows. OKC has been good, but haven't come close to a title since 2012. The Lakers offer a fresh start in the 2nd biggest market in the country. It's not like SAS was reporting Durant to Memphis. In all likelihood, KD mentioned it to someone and they leaked it.

If I'm Durant, I'm not attacking reporters. I'm saying "I have no plans to leave right now. I'm preparing for the season and looking forward to competing" and moving on. It's petty on Durant's part. Stephen A. Smith is 100% correct here.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 09:54 AM
If youve had 6 conversations total with kd and a couple people around him in the last 7 years as stephen said then you really dont know these people nor can you say you talk to these people. He even admitted the last time he spoke to someone near durant was two years ago. So what sourse could have told him anything regarding durant? Stephen just mad durant shot down his credibility. I think i want to work for espn since all you have to do is claim you have a source and make so many guesses that your right sometimes. Stephen a smith if hes worried about his credibility then he mentions his source. If not then. Why even address it? Nothing he said helped his credibility lol. Espn first take is a joke anyway with skip clueless and now SaS

THIS X 1000

If smiths rumor had any truth to it, Durant would be stupid to argue it. LOL and its not like smith reported anything concrete anyway. "Durant is considering the LA lakers".......If okc had a hard time with that and it was true..... durant coulda just said "I told them I would weigh all my options next summer, I havent ruled anything out one way or the other"- and that woulda been fine.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Because OKC was playing great ball at the time (pre-Harden trade, pre-injuries). Also, this "accept the Qulifying Offer stuff is a pretty new gamble that guys weren't taking back then.

But they're not in a court of law here. If they were, SAS would be going to jail in contempt if he didn't give up his source. You have to prove things in a court of law. I have no idea why you're bringing this law stuff up.

You've said some pretty dumb stuff and you obviously don't know how journalism works so I'm not exactly sure why you keep posting about this.

Believe it or not there are journalists out there who do research on their storys and make sure they are accurate. Its called being a professional, and showing honor and integrity in your field. Getting called out for lying by the individual you are writing a story about- is not a good look. UNLESS you can prove your story to be accurate. Which SAS has not done. Im wondering if KD will say anything back.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't believe Kevin Durant for a second here. People hate Stephen A. Smith because he's perceived as a loud mouth, but he's a distinguished journalist. He's usually accurate in his reporting. It's not a Chris Broussard situation.

Kevin Durant has been labeled as the "anti-LeBron" for years now. Everyone wants so badly to believe he's going to be on the Thunder for the rest of his career and be everything they hoped LeBron was going to be. That's why OKC gained so many fans when the Thunder played the Heat in the Finals. The fact of the matter is, he's not different. He's just as sensitive as LeBron is, except LeBron handles the media better. KD just doesn't want the distraction of "if OKC doesn't contend, he's gone" all year. Truth of the matter is that's just the reality of the NBA now.

Durant to Los Angeles makes a lot of sense, too. He gets the huge market and a ton of cap room without Kobe. A year later, Westbrook follows. OKC has been good, but haven't come close to a title since 2012. The Lakers offer a fresh start in the 2nd biggest market in the country. It's not like SAS was reporting Durant to Memphis. In all likelihood, KD mentioned it to someone and they leaked it.

If I'm Durant, I'm not attacking reporters. I'm saying "I have no plans to leave right now. I'm preparing for the season and looking forward to competing" and moving on. It's petty on Durant's part. Stephen A. Smith is 100% correct here.

IF hes 100% correct, he wouldnt be hiding behind a source. He didnt prove durant wrong at all.

mikekhelxD
10-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Didnt Woj one time made a mistake on twitter, telling everybody this and that and SAS and others reported as so. Then Woj took it back and everybody else did too right after?

kdspurman
10-06-2015, 10:23 AM
I think athletes should go after journalists who hide behind "sources" and tell false storys. I think it would encourage all writers to be more professional and make sure their storys are accurate before putting them out there. There was a time when the purpose of the media was to keep the public informed, but these days it seems like the media is more interested in breaking an interesting story even if it may or may not be accurate.

I think Smith is lying. If durant was lying and he knew it- he would keep his mouth shut in the first place.... If he knew smith had a credible source and his information was good- then he would know smith would be able to make him on the lie and prove the story to be correct.

Smith on the other hand is in a position where he has to defend himself. He makes his living breaking storys about athletes. If he sits back and lets someone call him a liar, thats a direct hit to the only thing he is being paid for. Aside from that- LOL Smith still hid behind a source and didnt really say where the info came from......

If a player of Durant's caliber is going to dispute every story that comes out about him possibly leaving during his much anticipated FA, he is going to be doing a lot of that this season, so much that it'll be a distraction for him and his team.

“You guys really don’t know ****,” said Durant to the media on Saturday. “To be honest, man, I’m only here talking to y’all because I have to. So I really don’t care. Y’all not my friends. You’re going to write what you want to write. You’re going to love us one day and hate us the next. That’s a part of it. So I just learn how to deal with y’all.”

If he feels like this ^ why even bother responding to what Smith said? And why on earth would Smith say who his source is? He'd be digging his own grave with that one. Did he go overboard with his response? Probably and it was probably great for ratings. But he has a point and a right to refute what Durant said.

Durant better be ready for a season full of speculation, I know that much

Shady66
10-06-2015, 10:41 AM
This is some high school drama **** right here.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 12:12 PM
This is some high school drama **** right here.

As is about 95% of the content being discussed on First take

RedandGold_35
10-06-2015, 12:54 PM
My only question in the whole thing is, why would someone be afraid of making an enemy of SAS? Is he part of some sports secret society that controls players fates? The worst thing he can do is be negative about a person on a TV show most logical people find silly and contrived. I'd be shaking in my boots if I was KD.

Chronz
10-06-2015, 01:04 PM
My only question in the whole thing is, why would someone be afraid of making an enemy of SAS? Is he part of some sports secret society that controls players fates? The worst thing he can do is be negative about a person on a TV show most logical people find silly and contrived. I'd be shaking in my boots if I was KD.
I guess we're a dying breed but people care about media perception. Imagine having screaming a smith backing you there. He breaks stories precisely because he can influence the masses

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 01:06 PM

Because he can write a story saying anything he wants. He can lie about you and ruin your reputaition. Steven A Smith could write a story that he got from a source that an athlete raped 4 kids and killed them afterward. He could ruin a players market value for the sake of selling an interesting story (even if its false)- and there are enough idiot first take fans that would believe him and his "source".

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Because he can write a story saying anything he wants. He can lie about you and ruin your reputaition. Steven A Smith could write a story that he got from a source that an athlete raped 4 kids and killed them afterward. He could ruin a players market value for the sake of selling an interesting story (even if its false)- and there are enough idiot first take fans that would believe him and his "source".

No, he couldn't. Not without proof and the word "allegedly". You still don't know what you're talking about in regards to journalism and the law. You're embarrassing yourself.

Tony_Starks
10-06-2015, 01:12 PM

You really don't think SAS is privy to a lot of information about players that he could totally put them on blast with? Stuff that they wouldn't want to get out and is not very "fan friendly?" Ask Allen Iverson how much stuff SAS kept out of the press until it started getting around.

Look beyond the Matrix and read between the lines, making a enemy out of a insider is bad business. Especially a creditable one like SAS.

Raidaz4Life
10-06-2015, 01:12 PM

You do know what the original story was right? I feel like you're thinking Stephen A slandered him when all he said was that the Lakers were Kevin Durant's end game. If it isn't true then why address it? There has been speculation all over the place about where Durant might end up and will continue to be more as the season progresses.

effen5
10-06-2015, 02:23 PM
No, he couldn't. Not without proof and the word "allegedly". You still don't know what you're talking about in regards to journalism and the law. You're embarrassing yourself.

I think he can but he would need to prepare for a slander lawsuit

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 03:23 PM
I think he can but he would need to prepare for a slander lawsuit

Sure, of course he can say it. Anyone can say anything they want, but when someone starts accusing others of serious crimes, slander and libel lawsuits can occur. I guess I should have said "legally" but I figured everyone knows the difference, which is my bad because he obviously doesn't know much about this kind of stuff.

Killing/raping accusations are in a separate league than "Durant's thinking of going to the Lakers when his contract's up."

Also, I doubt many producers/editors wiould allow any accusations like that without a serious **** load of evidence, not just "sources".

Gander13SM
10-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Believe it or not there are journalists out there who do research on their storys and make sure they are accurate. Its called being a professional, and showing honor and integrity in your field. Getting called out for lying by the individual you are writing a story about- is not a good look. UNLESS you can prove your story to be accurate. Which SAS has not done. Im wondering if KD will say anything back.

Again. Name one journalist who has revealed their sources without being legally obligated to do so.

It never happens. Ever.

Why? Because they would lose ALL their sources and nobody would trust them. Their career would be over.

They don't need to prove anything. It's not a legal matter. This is the way it's always been.

I feel like you're completely unfamiliar with how Journalism works.

Gander13SM
10-06-2015, 05:28 PM
If it was false

1. Why did KD react so drastically? It was an overly sensitive reaction. People have been discussing where he may or may not go for a while now. Why did this one bother him so much? Thou doth protest too much.

2. Why hasn't he categorically stated he will sign with OKC in free agency?

Just saying.

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 06:01 PM
If it was false

1. Why did KD react so drastically? It was an overly sensitive reaction. People have been discussing where he may or may not go for a while now. Why did this one bother him so much? Thou doth protest too much.

Just saying.

Well, to be fair, LaMarcus Aldridge said multiple times he was re-signing in Portland as soon as he could maximize his earning potential yet bolted as soon as he could. Can't trust these guys.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 06:13 PM
If it was false

Just saying.

1) He may not know for sure he is going to sign for OKC, but that isn't the same as saying LA is his end game and where he wants to end up.

2) LOL-if he says he will only play for OKC, he is undercutting his own value. Its in the best interest of any player to have multiple teams making bids for their services.

3) Considering he isn't currently a free agent, its possible that he doesn't know for sure where he wants to play. It will depend on the different situation of teams around the league when he is a free agent. He should not lock himself into any team at this point.

just saying

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Again. Name one journalist who has revealed their sources without being legally obligated to do so.

It never happens. Ever.

Why? Because they would lose ALL their sources and nobody would trust them. Their career would be over.

They don't need to prove anything. It's not a legal matter. This is the way it's always been.

I feel like you're completely unfamiliar with how Journalism works.

Writers quote people all the time!!!!!! If you watch post game shows- many writers make tweets literally 2 seconds after the athlete said the exact thing. A lot of times they even record all of what the athlete says to make sure their storys have direct quotes.

If all writers just used un named sources- why even attend media day and post game press conferences and stuff like that

Saddletramp
10-06-2015, 07:13 PM
1) He may not know for sure he is going to sign for OKC, but that isn't the same as saying LA is his end game and where he wants to end up.

2) LOL-if he says he will only play for OKC, he is undercutting his own value. Its in the best interest of any player to have multiple teams making bids for their services.

3) Considering he isn't currently a free agent, its possible that he doesn't know for sure where he wants to play. It will depend on the different situation of teams around the league when he is a free agent. He should not lock himself into any team at this point.

just saying

These are perfectly legit points.

Writers quote people all the time!!!!!! If you watch post game shows- many writers make tweets literally 2 seconds after the athlete said the exact thing. A lot of times they even record all of what the athlete says to make sure their storys have direct quotes.

If all writers just used un named sources- why even attend media day and post game press conferences and stuff like that

This, however, is two different scenarios. There's a lot of "direct quotes" from players, coaches, management, agents, etc.... There's also indirect speculation. The indirect speculation is what needs unnamed sources. Start understanding these things.

WOwolfOL
10-06-2015, 07:30 PM

Haven't people seen 'Blow'? You give up your source - you get shot and give up your empire.

BigBuckley
10-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Haven't people seen 'Blow'? You give up your source - you get shot and give up your empire.

Yep this man gets it.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 09:51 PM
These are perfectly legit points.

This, however, is two different scenarios. There's a lot of "direct quotes" from players, coaches, management, agents, etc.... There's also indirect speculation. The indirect speculation is what needs unnamed sources. Start understanding these things.

I was responding to someone who said no writer ever says where he got his information for his storys. he didnt mention anything about direct or indirect speculation.

Also, I dont get why you dont understand that this "indirect speculation" basically allows a writer to spread almost anything he/she wants.

I kinda get that writers have sources, and they dont have to initially volunteer their source... but when the actual subject of your story is directly contesting it and calling you a liar. If your goal is to prove that you are not a liar- all you can really do is give up your source (assuming its a credible source). Otherwise- whats the point of responding to KD?

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 09:53 PM

and you dont give up your source while the subject of your story is literally calling you a liar- it appears as though you may not even have a source... which isnt good for your reputation as a journalist

mngopher35
10-06-2015, 10:01 PM
and you dont give up your source while the subject of your story is literally calling you a liar- it appears as though you may not even have a source... which isnt good for your reputation as a journalist

Every reporter who does this same type of speculation protects their source, I don't know how to make it more clear. It is the end of their career if they show they can't be trusted to protect those who give them information. Players deny these rumors all the time (sometimes truthfully others not) and the sources never EVER get named.

I have absolutely no idea on who is being truthful between Durant/SAS/source but I am 100% sure that SAS is making the right move by not naming his source when defending himself.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Every reporter who does this same type of speculation protects their source, I don't know how to make it more clear. It is the end of their career if they show they can't be trusted to protect those who give them information. Players deny these rumors all the time (sometimes truthfully others not) and the sources never EVER get named.

I have absolutely no idea on who is being truthful between Durant/SAS/source but I am 100% sure that SAS is making the right move by not naming his source when defending himself.

Ok he has the right to take that route. But if he is dead set on not naming his source and settling the disagreement- might as well not even respond to durant. he responded but he didnt do anything to clear up whos telling the truth and whos not.

Durant can not be expected to prove he did NOT say something? since there is no recording or eye witness coming forward that he did say what SAS is saying he said- Stephen A smith is the only one who has the ability to settle this and prove himself right. But rather than set the record straight- he used first take to basically go on the air and threaten durant. Kind of a ***** thing to do IMO.

Maybe SAS should tell his source to get an audio recording next time so he can have some solid proof that his info is correct if he gets flat out called a liar.

cmellofan15
10-06-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't care if he had a source or not, the dude just makes an *** out of himself for entertainment..the whole "you don't want to make an enemy" rant makes him look pathetic.

mngopher35
10-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Ok he has the right to take that route. But if he is dead set on not naming his source and settling the disagreement- might as well not even respond to durant. he responded but he didnt do anything to clear up whos telling the truth and whos not.

Durant can not be expected to prove he did NOT say something? since there is no recording or eye witness coming forward that he did say what SAS is saying he said- Stephen A smith is the only one who has the ability to settle this and prove himself right. But rather than set the record straight- he used first take to basically go on the air and threaten durant. Kind of a ***** thing to do IMO.

Maybe SAS should tell his source to get an audio recording next time so he can have some solid proof that his info is correct if he gets flat out called a liar.

He defended his own credibility without jeopardizing his career, nothing wrong with that.

You seem intent on him trying to prove himself right at the expense of his career but that is not how it works and no reporter would or has done that. You don't give up a source just to prove a point, it is career suicide. Once again players deny these types of rumors all the time, no one ever has solid proof with these speculation rumors (or rarely at least, but never named sources from within).

Ty Fast
10-06-2015, 10:55 PM
I didn't even think anyone listens to this clown

KD obviously does lol

SF8
10-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Stephen A Smith is the most pathetic loser on the planet. For him to threaten Durant with the "Dont make an enemy out of me" gtfoh Stephen A. I bet Durant can get more goons than you could and beat the living hell out of you.

I bet other players are gonna be hesitant ever having to do anything with Stephen A Smith again.

BTW his "since when do I have to talk to people around you to talk about you?" EXPOSES the fact that Stephen A Smith just admitted that he never talked to anyone near Durant and just made up the crap about the Lakers. He ever said that his reasoning for "Durant to Lakers" is based off lal being the 2nd largest market (yea and we all know how much durant cares about market size lmfao) and that they can sign westbrook the next year (and okc cant do the same while keeping ibaka...?".

What a damn idiot.

likemystylez
10-06-2015, 11:14 PM
He defended his own credibility without jeopardizing his career, nothing wrong with that.

See, IMO he didnt really say anything to "defend his credibility" in regards to this story. He stood up for himself and threatened an athlete who disputed a story that stephen A smith started ABOUT THAT ATHLETE. There is still a huge question mark as to whether the story is made up or not. (Yes him saying he has a source does not really prove that a source really exists)

He didnt necessarily have to call his source out- but before repeating what a source tells you. its not a bad idea to get some solid evidence that its true.

You seem to think its more important to make sure a writers source is protected than it is to make sure the information from that source is accurate before writing a story about it.

Let me ask you something- If you get info from a source and that info is decisively proved to be dead wrong. Do you give up the source? I mean youd be giving up a source that gave you false information, its not like youd ever use that source again without atleast there being a chance that the info is false.... well if you had an ounce of journalistic integrity.

You seem intent on him trying to prove himself right at the expense of his career but that is not how it works and no reporter would or has done that. You don't give up a source just to prove a point, it is career suicide. Once again players deny these types of rumors all the time, no one ever has solid proof with these speculation rumors (or rarely at least, but never named sources from within).

Id be more concerned about people thinking I was making storys up than giving up one source (who may not ber a great source to begin with). But if stephen a smith did make the stuff up or he knows the source gave him bad info and hes ok with that.....why not just turn it into a daytime talk show and get ratings.

mngopher35
10-06-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't think SAS did an amazing job of defending himself or anything but he at least brought some stuff to the table with his history and access to people Durant said he didn't etc (along with plenty of his normal antics which I cant stand). My argument has almost nothing to do with how well he defended himself though and more about the absurd idea that he should name his source. Like I said already I have no idea who is right/truthful here.

To answer your question, if I were a journalist I would not throw that source under the bus for being wrong. It would stop anyone from ever sharing breaking info with me again because there is a chance when things got tough I name them and jeopardize their careers/integrity. The best way to handle that situation IMO would be to admit that I didn't research my source/info enough and made a mistake pushing a story hastily. I might take a hit but I probably still have my job (especially if I have been around as long as SAS).

Id be more concerned about people thinking I was making storys up than giving up one source (who may not ber a great source to begin with). But if stephen a smith did make the stuff up or he knows the source gave him bad info and hes ok with that.....why not just turn it into a daytime talk show and get ratings.

We don't know if there was a source or if that source was right or wrong but again, journalists never name sources. You personally might be more concerned with people questioning if you made a source up but SAS has a track record for breaking some NBA stories already anyways. The worst thing he could have done is name his source and it doesn't seem like that is getting through to you. It would stop all of his other sources from trusting him with info and maybe end his career in that area.

likemystylez
10-07-2015, 12:08 AM
So he didnt have to NAME THE SOURCE.

He still had other options

1) Just let it go and dont repond

2) Bring some stronger evidence of his information being accurate. stronger than "I heard it from a source" and I have a good resume.

SAS says he has such a great resume and hes broken so many storys. How many times has he been dead wrong about something? I remember when curry was drafted- SAS said he didnt want to go to the warriors and that he wanted to go to the knicks. However- when curry had a chance to leave after his rookie contract. he didnt even talk with the NY knicks. He signed with the warriors for like half his value. Is that what a guy does who doesnt want to be with a team?

Back to this topic. How many times has kevin durant given out information that turned out to be dead wrong about his free agency/ contract situation? How many times has he pulled a deandre jordan?

likemystylez
10-07-2015, 12:17 AM
I also think its a joke when Stephen A smith says something like "You are not in a position to question my credibility on this story" to Kevin Durant.

Seeing as Durant is allegedly the actual source- I think you could make the argument that he is in the best possible position to question the accuracy of this story.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-07-2015, 12:22 AM
I don't care if he had a source or not, the dude just makes an *** out of himself for entertainment..the whole "you don't want to make an enemy" rant makes him look pathetic.

These are my thoughts as well.

mngopher35
10-07-2015, 12:25 AM
So he didnt have to NAME THE SOURCE.

He still had other options

1) Just let it go and dont repond

2) Bring some stronger evidence of his information being accurate. stronger than "I heard it from a source" and I have a good resume.

SAS says he has such a great resume and hes broken so many storys. How many times has he been dead wrong about something? I remember when curry was drafted- SAS said he didnt want to go to the warriors and that he wanted to go to the knicks. However- when curry had a chance to leave after his rookie contract. he didnt even talk with the NY knicks. He signed with the warriors for like half his value. Is that what a guy does who doesnt want to be with a team?

Back to this topic. How many times has kevin durant given out information that turned out to be dead wrong about his free agency/ contract situation? How many times has he pulled a deandre jordan?

I don't necessarily think you are wrong with these points even if I think slightly differently. I do think that it was fine for SAS to defend himself though, even if I too am not a big fan of his style.

Pretty much all journalists have been right and wrong on many of these topics on players. I am not assuming SAS is telling the truth at all, in fact I rarely ever care about these rumors. It is so early that even if Durant did have an idea of where he wanted to go it could easily change by July anyways. I don't think a player staying somewhere after their rookie contract is a sign that is necessarily where they want to play but I would agree that Curry is just fine in GS. Coming into the NBA I would guess many players may want a chance to play for NYK due to a few factors like endorsements and recognition (becoming less and less of an issue today though).

As for Durant someone has already shown he has had issues with the media before so this isn't exactly new. It will be the first time in his career he has been an UFA so I don't think his past is a great indicator of what he will do since things are different with his complete freedom (and not losing/risking big money) and a team that lost talent as he developed into an MVP.

Again my biggest issue is the idea he should give up his sources. I can see people thinking either one of these guys is wrong/lying and I doubt we will ever actually know. I think both could have handled things better but no one is perfect. When it is all said and done I don't think Durant ends up in LA and would guess either OKC or Washington but that is a total guess.

Saddletramp
10-07-2015, 02:22 AM
I was responding to someone who said no writer ever says where he got his information for his storys. he didnt mention anything about direct or indirect speculation.

Jesus Christ, man. Of course reporters are going to cite their source on something like how they played the game or their opinion on how the team is being constructed or whatever. When it's something like rumors on where a guy might sign next year? More than likely it'll be secret.

Do you really not understand how these two scenarios are different?:

1. Hey Kevin, how is it going with Billy Donovan as your new head coach?........ How have you been adapting to the changes in coaching philosophies?....... Excited to be back on the court?.......

2. Hey, Kevin Durant's cousin, heard any news on where Kevin might be interested in signing with next year?.....Hey, KD's barber, heard any news or good rumors from Kevin and his people lately?

Also, I dont get why you dont understand that this "indirect speculation" basically allows a writer to spread almost anything he/she wants.

If you're wrong enough, people will stop taking you seriously and you'll be a joke. For every Broussard or Bucher who are awful but keep getting the chance to spew incorrect speculations, there's 1,000s of **** canned journalists that lost their credibility. They just have friends in high places or nine lives or whatever.

I kinda get that writers have sources, and they dont have to initially volunteer their source... but when the actual subject of your story is directly contesting it and calling you a liar. If your goal is to prove that you are not a liar- all you can really do is give up your source (assuming its a credible source). Otherwise- whats the point of responding to KD?

His goal is to continue making money doing stuff he loves on TV. Outing a source would be worse than proving Durant wrong this one time. And honestly, what's the point of KD responding to SAS? Everybody knows this far out to take any info from any source with a grain of salt. All KD had to say was "I'm not sure who told him that. Free agency is a long way away and I'm just focused on the season and my health right now." Instead, he took a jab at SAS by calling him a liar.

Who's lying? I don't know. They both seem to be jerks. I know Durant has been acting like an ******* for awhile now and I've always loathed SAS but I gotta side with him on this.

Gander13SM
10-07-2015, 08:15 AM

Lmao. What? Are you serious? Well you've proven you know nothing about journalism.

Quoting a reference/source is different. A direct quote needs to have a confirmed source. A rumour does not.

And how can you not know about confidential sources? Are you seriously this naive?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reporter%27s_privilege

Again. Please name ONE journalist that has ever revealed a source without being legally obligated to do so. I'm not talking about quoting people. I'm talking about a confidential source.

likemystylez
10-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Jesus Christ, man. Of course reporters are going to cite their source on something like how they played the game or their opinion on how the team is being constructed or whatever. When it's something like rumors on where a guy might sign next year? More than likely it'll be secret.

Do you really not understand how these two scenarios are different?:

1. Hey Kevin, how is it going with Billy Donovan as your new head coach?........ How have you been adapting to the changes in coaching philosophies?....... Excited to be back on the court?.......

2. Hey, Kevin Durant's cousin, heard any news on where Kevin might be interested in signing with next year?.....Hey, KD's barber, heard any news or good rumors from Kevin and his people lately?

If you're wrong enough, people will stop taking you seriously and you'll be a joke. For every Broussard or Bucher who are awful but keep getting the chance to spew incorrect speculations, there's 1,000s of **** canned journalists that lost their credibility. They just have friends in high places or nine lives or whatever.

His goal is to continue making money doing stuff he loves on TV. Outing a source would be worse than proving Durant wrong this one time. And honestly, what's the point of KD responding to SAS? Everybody knows this far out to take any info from any source with a grain of salt. All KD had to say was "I'm not sure who told him that. Free agency is a long way away and I'm just focused on the season and my health right now." Instead, he took a jab at SAS by calling him a liar.

Who's lying? I don't know. They both seem to be jerks. I know Durant has been acting like an ******* for awhile now and I've always loathed SAS but I gotta side with him on this.

You dont think he went too far on threatening Kevin Durant? LOl He still failed to prove Kevin Durant wrong, and prove his story right. So to sum things up he basically said hes not a liar (yet failed to prove that), then he threatened Durant for questioning the accuracy on his story ABOUT KEVIN DURANT.

LOL and Stephen A smith doesnt have anything to talk about every day without athletes like kevin durant. LOL- Durant doesnt need SAS.

IF Smith doesnt like being called a liar, then he should make an attempt to PROVE HIS INFORMATION IS ACCURATE. Cite the source, or bring a recording or some direct quotes from Kevin Durant himself. It seems obvious to me- Best way to show people Im not a liar is to prove my information is accurate. LOL SAS took the route of just trying to shut the person up who called him a liar. (Thats kinda what a bully in the 3rd grade would do WHEN HE KNOWS HES IN THE WRONG)

Stephen A Smith tried to make the story about him and create a big thing between him and Durant. Its almost like he did that in an effort to move the attention away from people questioning whether his story is accurate to wondering how things are gonna be between durant and SAS this season.

Gander13SM
10-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Why doesn't Durant have to prove he's telling the truth? Why is it only S.A.S that has to?

People's bias against him is clouding judgement here. Either that or its the weird fascination people have with celebrities that a guy like KD we just believe whatever and whoever says he's lying needs to prove it and is automatically wrong.

If KD isn't contemplating the Lakers (for financial reasons) why doesn't he prove it? He's in the right by default? Nah. I don't accept that train of thought.

mngopher35
10-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Why doesn't Durant have to prove he's telling the truth? Why is it only S.A.S that has to?

People's bias against him is clouding judgement here. Either that or its the weird fascination people have with celebrities that a guy like KD we just believe whatever and whoever says he's lying needs to prove it and is automatically wrong.

If KD isn't contemplating the Lakers (for financial reasons) why doesn't he prove it? He's in the right by default? Nah. I don't accept that train of thought.

The way SAS is supposed to prove it is apparently naming his source.

The way Durant could prove it would be signing long term with OKC or even naming the true destination.

None of these will happen so no one is going to be proven right, I don't get that point either. Every time it gets brought up that SAS should cite/name a source it shows complete ignorance of how this works.

kdspurman
10-07-2015, 02:05 PM
The way SAS is supposed to prove it is apparently naming his source.

The way Durant could prove it would be signing long term with OKC or even naming the true destination.

None of these will happen so no one is going to be proven right, I don't get that point either. Every time it gets brought up that SAS should cite/name a source it shows complete ignorance of how this works.

Yep. I'm amazed people really think he should

Saddletramp
10-07-2015, 02:22 PM
You dont think he went too far on threatening Kevin Durant? LOl He still failed to prove Kevin Durant wrong, and prove his story right. So to sum things up he basically said hes not a liar (yet failed to prove that), then he threatened Durant for questioning the accuracy on his story ABOUT KEVIN DURANT.

LOL and Stephen A smith doesnt have anything to talk about every day without athletes like kevin durant. LOL- Durant doesnt need SAS.

IF Smith doesnt like being called a liar, then he should make an attempt to PROVE HIS INFORMATION IS ACCURATE. Cite the source, or bring a recording or some direct quotes from Kevin Durant himself. It seems obvious to me- Best way to show people Im not a liar is to prove my information is accurate. LOL SAS took the route of just trying to shut the person up who called him a liar. (Thats kinda what a bully in the 3rd grade would do WHEN HE KNOWS HES IN THE WRONG)

Stephen A Smith tried to make the story about him and create a big thing between him and Durant. Its almost like he did that in an effort to move the attention away from people questioning whether his story is accurate to wondering how things are gonna be between durant and SAS this season.

Wow, you're clueless. I'll move on.

BTW, what SAS is doing is great. People are talking about him and good or bad, that's what those guys love.

Oh, and as far as Durant doesn't "need" SAS, I'm assuming you mean sports journalists in general because the guy who replaces Smith might do the same stuff. Pretty sure Durant's making a shitload more money than guys were 10-20-30 years ago in part because of ESPN and the like who are bidding on televising games and you can bet your bottom dollar that they want more access to players and teams in general than just the game and the highlights. It comes with the turf and to say that Durant hasn't monetarily benefitted from these type of transactions is just flat out ****ing wrong.

But believe whatever you want. But if I were you, I'd keep these kind of opinions and factually inaccurate thoughts to yourself around friends family and strangers in the real world because you'll be laughed at more than you're probably being laughed at now.

Take it easy, bro.

likemystylez
10-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Gander13SM;30396962]Why doesn't Durant have to prove he's telling the truth? Why is it only S.A.S that has to?

Stephen A smith is claiming he heard something from a source. Kevin Durant would be the initial source of this information. To anyone with common sense and any court in the united states- Kevin Durant is more likely to KNOW what his intentions are in free agency.

Also- SAS is claiming something was said. KD is claiming that something was not said. Its hard to prove something didn't happen or wasn't said.

Also how many times has kd been dead wrong about something ABOUT HIM. How many times has he pulled a deandre Jordan or something and said he was going one place and didn't go?

How many times has Stephen a smith said something that wasn't accurate. he said steph curry didn't want to play for golden state back in 2009.

They are both kind of celebrities aren't they?

WHat would KD do too prove it. He is at the thunder training camp. he hasn't publically demanded to be traded only to the lakers. There are no soundbites of him saying anything even close to "I want to go to the lakers" Nobody is coming out saying he told them he plans to go to the lakers.

Also its a weird thing to prove. He is considering the lakers IF he doesn't stay with the thunder.

LOl theres a contingency that hasn't happened... which kinda means there really isn't even a story for Stephen a smith to talk about.

DanG
10-07-2015, 04:44 PM
IMO the only one being sensitive is SAS. KD wants to focus on the upcoming season and he probably just snapped for a sec after hearing countless amount of questions about free agency. Now here this guy is talking about a "personal attack" LMAO I bet Durant could give two ***** about who reported that. Also "you don't want to make an enemy out of me" was the best one yet. He's the guy that goes to work and gossips for a living about what athletes do when they get up and go to work. This whole thing makes no sense and Stephen A. shouldn't have responded to what KD said.

FlashBolt
10-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Let's face it: Stephen A. Smith proved to be unprofessional here. One guy is a professional athlete and the other is a reporter who openly threatened a person. Yes, it was a threat regardless of how you look at it. Plus, Stephen A. Smith ALWAYS says someone is looking to play for the Lakers... this guy is running out of HEADLINES. From this point on, if it doesn't come from WOJ, don't pay attention to them. It's kinda like how Marc Cuban exposed Chris Broussard and Chris started getting emotional.

kdspurman
10-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Let's face it: Stephen A. Smith proved to be unprofessional here. One guy is a professional athlete and the other is a reporter who openly threatened a person. Yes, it was a threat regardless of how you look at it. Plus, Stephen A. Smith ALWAYS says someone is looking to play for the Lakers... this guy is running out of HEADLINES. From this point on, if it doesn't come from WOJ, don't pay attention to them. It's kinda like how Marc Cuban exposed Chris Broussard and Chris started getting emotional.

If Stephen A. always says stuff, why does Durant even need to acknowledge what he says? Does he not expect this year to be rumorville for him? Especially after claiming earlier in the year he doesn't care what people write or say in the media

IKnowHoops
10-08-2015, 01:06 AM
I side with Stephen A on this one, but all the extra " you want to go to war with me" stuff...LOLOLOLOLOL, does Stephen A think he's scarface? I like both of them but I'd rather be Durant than Stephen A if ultimately they are gonna go to war.

SteBO
10-08-2015, 08:07 AM
If Stephen A. always says stuff, why does Durant even need to acknowledge what he says? Does he not expect this year to be rumorville for him? Especially after claiming earlier in the year he doesn't care what people write or say in the media
That was the funniest thing about it. I remember it clearly, when he went off on the media claiming he doesn't care what they think or write, that they aren't his friends, and that he's only talking to them because he has to, etc....I mean, he just called SAS a liar and attacked his credibility. While SAS didn't need the last bit of "you don't to make an enemy out of me", I 100% agree with him defending himself.

likemystylez
10-08-2015, 09:21 AM
That was the funniest thing about it. I remember it clearly, when he went off on the media claiming he doesn't care what they think or write, that they aren't his friends, and that he's only talking to them because he has to, etc....I mean, he just called SAS a liar and attacked his credibility. While SAS didn't need the last bit of "you don't to make an enemy out of me", I 100% agree with him defending himself.

I think its common sense. If you want to defend yourself and dont want someone calling you a liaR. BRING SOME SUPPORT TO PROVE YOU ARENT A LIAR. Bring a recording of Durant saying he wanted to go to the lakers. Bring something to the table that proves you didnt just make the story up. OR shut your pie hole.....the fact that he didnt even try to clear his name and just made threats on durant not to call him out anymore- makes it look even more like he is lieing IMO.

ALso when SAS said durant is not in a position to question the validity of the story.... I was like WTF the story is about what DURANT's current intentions. I would argue that he is in the absolute best possible position to determine if it is accurate or not.

kdspurman
10-08-2015, 09:44 AM

Agreed on all points. SAS went a little extreme, but he had a right to refute Durant calling him a liar.

Yanks All Day
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Maybe Kevin Durant just doesn't want people talking about what is completely obvious: The Thunder haven't been serious contenders for a couple of years, the team has 2 legitimate scoring options, and his conference is stacked. He's waiting to see how the season goes and will then leave for a team that gives him a greater chance to win.

Either KD and Westbrook can go 2 vs. the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, and Clippers for the next 5 years, or they can go to teams that will actually build around them. SAS's story makes a ton of sense. Westbrook has been linked to LA for years. I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T talk to KD about it.

Durant is getting the max no matter where he signs. He has a ton of endorsements. Money isn't the issue here. He just wants to have a distraction-free season and hit free agency. Whether he likes it or not, he's coming up on his 9th season and has been to the Finals once. Pretty soon, he becomes the "when will he finally win?" narrative.

likemystylez
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Maybe Kevin Durant just doesn't want people talking about what is completely obvious: The Thunder haven't been serious contenders for a couple of years, the team has 2 legitimate scoring options, and his conference is stacked. He's waiting to see how the season goes and will then leave for a team that gives him a greater chance to win.

Either KD and Westbrook can go 2 vs. the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, and Clippers for the next 5 years, or they can go to teams that will actually build around them. SAS's story makes a ton of sense. Westbrook has been linked to LA for years. I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T talk to KD about it.

Durant is getting the max no matter where he signs. He has a ton of endorsements. Money isn't the issue here. He just wants to have a distraction-free season and hit free agency. Whether he likes it or not, he's coming up on his 9th season and has been to the Finals once. Pretty soon, he becomes the "when will he finally win?" narrative.

So hes leaving OKC because he doesn't like the chances of OKC going against the western conference power houses. But of all the teams he could go to- he wants to go to the lakers- as if the chances are better there? even if him and westbrook go to the lakers- how is that a better team than currently OKC?

ALSO OKC will be able to pay him more over the course of a max contract. If hes giving up that kinda money and winning is truly the reason why- There are atleast 5 or 6 better options than the lakers

Yanks All Day
10-08-2015, 02:42 PM
So hes leaving OKC because he doesn't like the chances of OKC going against the western conference power houses. But of all the teams he could go to- he wants to go to the lakers- as if the chances are better there? even if him and westbrook go to the lakers- how is that a better team than currently OKC?

ALSO OKC will be able to pay him more over the course of a max contract. If hes giving up that kinda money and winning is truly the reason why- There are atleast 5 or 6 better options than the lakers

Because the idea that going to a team with a blank slate that can actually build around the 2 stars, plus a D'Angelo Russell/ Julius Randle rookie contract duo, in the LA market where players are willing to play is more desirable than on a currently better OKC team locked into it's position with not much room for upward growth without a major trade.

I mean, if I'm Kevin Durant, I'm looking at teams like Washington, Miami, etc. if I'm looking to take a pretty good team and put it over the top. But to get a blank slate with the Lakers where he can basically call the shots as to how his team can be constructed and bring stars with him makes just as much sense. They'll have Russell and Randle already. They're going to have another lottery pick this year. KD can bring a free agent or two with him this year and Westbrook join the year after and all of a sudden they're a young, talented team beyond what OKC can provide.

He might sacrifice some contract money (which is made up for in endorsements), and a year of serious contention, but he'd be setting himself up for potential long-term success. It makes a ton of sense. It's how star players are operating now in today's NBA.

likemystylez
10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Because the idea that going to a team with a blank slate that can actually build around the 2 stars, plus a D'Angelo Russell/ Julius Randle rookie contract duo, in the LA market where players are willing to play is more desirable than on a currently better OKC team locked into it's position with not much room for upward growth without a major trade.

I mean, if I'm Kevin Durant, I'm looking at teams like Washington, Miami, etc. if I'm looking to take a pretty good team and put it over the top. But to get a blank slate with the Lakers where he can basically call the shots as to how his team can be constructed and bring stars with him makes just as much sense. They'll have Russell and Randle already. They're going to have another lottery pick this year. KD can bring a free agent or two with him this year and Westbrook join the year after and all of a sudden they're a young, talented team beyond what OKC can provide.

He might sacrifice some contract money (which is made up for in endorsements), and a year of serious contention, but he'd be setting himself up for potential long-term success. It makes a ton of sense. It's how star players are operating now in today's NBA.

I just think for something you claimed is "Obvious" you made an absurd amount of assumptions based on no solid information from Durant himself.

1) Durants reason for leaving(He hasn't even said he was leaving yet)
2) Westbrook is headed to LA. The only thing linking westbrook to LA is the fact that he went to ucla and grew up in southern California. There are no soundbites of him wanting to go to LA. Also he resigned in OKC the last time.
3) Julious randle and d Russell are a from sure things. Durant might want to make sure they are quality building pieces before he throws away any chance of winning a title and goes to a team that is 3 or 4 yrs away from making the playoffs.
4) The league isn't like it was 25 yrs ago. You don't have to be in LA or NY to get endorsement deals. With the internet and all the social media. The whole country knows what your doing no matter where you play.

There is no guarantee that playing for the lakers will put Durant in any better of a situation than he is currently in. A ton of things would have to go right. I could think of even more realistic things that could go right that could make the thunder nba champs in the next year or 2.

Saddletramp
10-09-2015, 04:47 AM
I just think for something you claimed is "Obvious" you made an absurd amount of assumptions based on no solid information from Durant himself.

2) Westbrook is headed to LA. The only thing linking westbrook to LA is the fact that he went to ucla and grew up in southern California. There are no soundbites of him wanting to go to LA. Also he resigned in OKC the last time.
3) Julious randle and d Russell are a from sure things. Durant might want to make sure they are quality building pieces before he throws away any chance of winning a title and goes to a team that is 3 or 4 yrs away from making the playoffs.
4) The league isn't like it was 25 yrs ago. You don't have to be in LA or NY to get endorsement deals. With the internet and all the social media. The whole country knows what your doing no matter where you play.

There is no guarantee that playing for the lakers will put Durant in any better of a situation than he is currently in. A ton of things would have to go right. I could think of even more realistic things that could go right that could make the thunder nba champs in the next year or 2.

2 main reasons that the Lakers are a more attractive destination than OKC:
1) Cheaper front office/owners in OKC than LA.
2) It's Los Angeles, not Oklahoma City. That matters to these guys.

Also, if Kobe leaves/retires, that monkey will be off the proverbial back of the franchise and people might want to play there again, especially with Durant/(possibly)Westbrook. What free agent signings has OKC had over the past few years?

likemystylez
10-09-2015, 09:47 AM
2 main reasons that the Lakers are a more attractive destination than OKC:
1) Cheaper front office/owners in OKC than LA.
2) It's Los Angeles, not Oklahoma City. That matters to these guys.

Also, if Kobe leaves/retires, that monkey will be off the proverbial back of the franchise and people might want to play there again, especially with Durant/(possibly)Westbrook. What free agent signings has OKC had over the past few years?

Saddle, I didnt say I thought it was impossible. I was following his reasoning and I didn't see anything that made it "obvious" that stephen A smith was telling the truth and kd was planning on going to the lakers.

Also- if were going straight by what kd supposedly said according to SAS (or his source), the original rumor was- IF kd leaves okc, than the lakers are emerging as a front running destination. Im not sure what that suggests without speculating- and again we dont even know how authentic the original statement is. Im not going to fall into the trap of the poster i was responding too by reading between the lines on unconfirmed rumors.

and lastly- while playing for owners who arent cheap, and playing in LA as oppose to OKC matters to players. The primary reason the poster said for KD "Obviously" planning to go to the lakers was because KD wants a chance to win a ring.

savvy1803
10-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Saddle, I didnt say I thought it was impossible. I was following his reasoning and I didn't see anything that made it "obvious" that stephen A smith was telling the truth and kd was planning on going to the lakers.

Also- if were going straight by what kd supposedly said according to SAS (or his source), the original rumor was- IF kd leaves okc, than the lakers are emerging as a front running destination. Im not sure what that suggests without speculating- and again we dont even know how authentic the original statement is. Im not going to fall into the trap of the poster i was responding too by reading between the lines on unconfirmed rumors.

and lastly- while playing for owners who arent cheap, and playing in LA as oppose to OKC matters to players. The primary reason the poster said for KD "Obviously" planning to go to the lakers was because KD wants a chance to win a ring.

Has Durant responded back to SAS , seems since SAS's rant to Durant nobody is touching this story with a 10 foot pole , thought there would be a little more back and forth between the two .... almost like it never happened lol ?

likemystylez
10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Has Durant responded back to SAS , seems since SAS's rant to Durant nobody is touching this story with a 10 foot pole , thought there would be a little more back and forth between the two .... almost like it never happened lol ?

Durant is preparing for the season in training camp. Hes preparing for a contract year and coming off a huge injury. I don't know if he has time to go back and forth with SAS. Besides- the back and forth stuff benefits SAS a lot more than it does Durant.

And even if Durant proves SAS is lieing by signing with another team next summer- SAS supporters will just say ... Well he changed his mind.

Tony_Starks
10-09-2015, 12:53 PM
KD had a moment. Lebron had his slip ups with the media both times he was about to abandon ship. It happens.

Honestly the only one I can think of that handled the media well during his impending FA was Melo, both times. Kept it as real as he could, didn't get irritated, and kind of took the whole thing in stride.

There's no need for him to personalize it with SAS, they're going to be hounding him about this all year...

True Sports Fan
10-09-2015, 02:34 PM
People still pay attention to SAS and Skip Bayless?

Raidaz4Life
10-09-2015, 03:01 PM

What is with your fascination with soundbites? Do you understand the idea of having stuff "on" or "off" the record? It was widely believed Dwight Howard was forcing his way out of Orlando.... tons of people were reporting but not a single sound bite. There was widespread belief that he would leave the Lakers too but he never dropped a soundbite.

The name of the game now is to be the first to break confidential news. In order to do that you need sources close to these athletes. If the news is confidential (say Durant wanting to play for LA) then you're not going to go out and say "hey, he was right! How did he figure that out??" There are plenty of reasons Durant wouldn't want that kind of news leaked.

1. It is unfair to his team if it is confirmed he is already one foot out the door after this year and not committed to the team.

2. The Thunder could trade him somewhere he doesn't want to be if they find out he doesn't plan to resign.

3. He loses all leverage in negotiations next off season.

The fact that Durant went out of his way to try to cover this up by attempting to smear him only gives Stephen A. more credibility in the truth to his story.

likemystylez
10-09-2015, 05:36 PM
What is with your fascination with soundbites? Do you understand the idea of having stuff "on" or "off" the record? It was widely believed Dwight Howard was forcing his way out of Orlando.... tons of people were reporting but not a single sound bite. There was widespread belief that he would leave the Lakers too but he never dropped a soundbite.

The name of the game now is to be the first to break confidential news. In order to do that you need sources close to these athletes. If the news is confidential (say Durant wanting to play for LA) then you're not going to go out and say "hey, he was right! How did he figure that out??" There are plenty of reasons Durant wouldn't want that kind of news leaked.

1. It is unfair to his team if it is confirmed he is already one foot out the door after this year and not committed to the team.

2. The Thunder could trade him somewhere he doesn't want to be if they find out he doesn't plan to resign.

3. He loses all leverage in negotiations next off season.

The fact that Durant went out of his way to try to cover this up by attempting to smear him only gives Stephen A. more credibility in the truth to his story.

Anybody with common sense or any court of law on the planet would take durants word over SAS about this.

Sas is supporting his story by saying he got the info from an unnamed individual. Durant is getting the info word for word from the source (HIMSELF).

In regards to Dwight rumors, Dwight wasn't openly denying it and calling someone a liar for saying it. That's a huge difference.

In your opinion let me get this straight. If the person says nothing, the reporter is likely to be telling the truth. if the person says hes lieing, then the reporter is MORE likely to telling the truth. Is there any scenario when the reporter is likely to be lieing? or do they always tell the truth all the time about everything?