PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Thread

kobe4thewinbang
10-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Didn't see a thread, but games are back! Well, almost.

Clippers looked dangerous against Nuggets. Maybe they'll finally bring it to fruition. Smith and DeAndre dunking, CP3 dishing, Stephenson making his own shot, Pierce dropping in a 3. Mudiay looked good.

Cracka2HI!
10-03-2015, 04:06 PM
^ Agreed, thought the Clippers execution was decent for a opening preseason game. Shots weren't falling. A lot of talk that Wes will start at SF and they will roll with a bench of; Smoove, Pierce, Lance, Jamal, Rivers. Also have Prigioni off the bench. Should be a good year but none of it really matters for them until Round 2 of the playoffs.

Gander13SM
10-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Lance was AWFUL. As usual. Greedy, terrible decision maker and hilariously bad shooter.

Good luck Clippers. Got yourselves a whole lot of crazy.

kingsdelez24
10-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Clips looked uber athletic but dangerous. This weatern conference is gonna have a crazy playoffs between the Spurs, Dubs, and Clips. They are in no order the top three teams in the conference, and you could hypothetically put your money on either just based off their roster makeups

Cracka2HI!
10-03-2015, 09:17 PM
OKC, Memphis and Houston are also very tough.

tredigs
10-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Actually agree with both of the sentiments on the Clips. As a whole they looked good, but my god is Lance Stephenson a joke. If they don't put him in check quick he's going to screw them over when it matters. Decision making of a 12 yr old.

tredigs
10-06-2015, 11:31 AM
He's baaaaackkkk! https://twitter.com/theDYNAMICS/status/651390459546345472

Bostonjorge
10-07-2015, 02:54 AM
Basketball season has returned!

MonroeFAN
10-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Stanley Johnson and KCP both looked incredible at times. Johnson made rookie mistakes and had a high turnover, but was forced to play point due to injuries. Stan played lock down D and hit shots from all over the court. The guy looks like a star, but I'll relax since it's the pre season.

Tony_Starks
10-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Julius Randle has game. Serious game. He's going to cause a lot of matchup problems the way he can grab the rebound and start the break.

Kobe described it best "he's Lamar Odom in Zach Randolphs body."

JEDean89
10-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Mudiay and Johnson are looking like complete steals at 7 and 8, Kings better pray that WCS works out cause right now, those two guys are looking like ROY material

xbrackattackx
10-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Mudiay,Johnson,Randle,Clarkson and Hood have all looked good in preseason. I wanna see more out of Dlo but his passing is gonna be nice.

Tony_Starks
10-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Mudiay and Johnson are looking like complete steals at 7 and 8, Kings better pray that WCS works out cause right now, those two guys are looking like ROY material

Knicks really F-d up not getting Mudiay. They had one chance to straighten this whole debacle out and they blew it.....

CousinsEvansDUO
10-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Actually willie cauley stein is looking like the defensive player of the year, so actually in reality the Kings got the steal. One pre season game. Mudiay and Johnson are just getting lucky in their play, and dominating the ball, WCS is making an MVP like impact.

2-ONE-5
10-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Actually willie cauley stein is looking like the defensive player of the year, so actually in reality the Kings got the steal. One pre season game. Mudiay and Johnson are just getting lucky in their play, and dominating the ball, WCS is making an MVP like impact.

amazing post. bravo

5ass
10-07-2015, 11:29 PM

He came into training camp out of shape. Great dedication there. "Larry Bird told me I'm a 100 million dollar player". I dont think this guy has the passion.

tredigs
10-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Lakers + Giants
10-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Loving Julius Randle. I'm not gonna lie, I'm always gonna wonder what could've been with Okafor-Randle.

Mave1002
10-09-2015, 06:34 AM
Loving Julius Randle. I'm not gonna lie, I'm always gonna wonder what could've been with Okafor-Randle.

Okafor-Hibbert-Upshaw
Randle-Bass-Black
MWP-Young
Kobe-Lou
Clarkson-Huertas

Tony_Starks
10-09-2015, 09:48 AM

I don't think Randle reaches full potential with Okafor. DLo was absolutely the right way to go, the two man game they work is going to be nice. Even Clarkson and Randle are starting to build a nice chemistry.

likemystylez
10-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Okafor-Hibbert-Upshaw
Randle-Bass-Black
MWP-Young
Kobe-Lou
Clarkson-Huertas

I dont think they go after hibbert if they draft okafor, they probably bring in a 1 or a 3 (or both)

JEDean89
10-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Honestly I think if the Lakers suck, they need to tank hard and try and shoot for Skal Labissiere, who would just be a dream next to there 3 youngins.

Scoots
10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Remember when thinking about ROY ... rookies from last year who were hurt pre-season get to play this season as rookies. I don't think it's right since they've been paid to be pros for a year, but that's the rule.

PurpleLynch
10-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I watched only Lakers pre season game and I can say Randle has developed a lot since last year. Hope he's gonna be healthy for the upcoming season,I like this kid.

Iron24th
10-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I dont think they go after hibbert if they draft okafor, they probably bring in a 1 or a 3 (or both)

Hibbert was a plan C in free agency, of course they would have never go after him if they drafted Okafor.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-09-2015, 03:58 PM
It's only preseason. But Bucks SG Rashad Vaughn looked excellent. Chalk up another late pick home run for GM John Hammond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSCHCQqHtrg

GiantsSwaGG
10-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Grant is looking like the real deal, KP, you can see the potential. Got alil stronger not where he needs to be but so far so good. Loving Lopez and O'Quinn

Dade County
10-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Knicks ball movement looks night & day compared to last season; good for them.

MonroeFAN
10-10-2015, 06:40 AM
It's only preseason. But Bucks SG Rashad Vaughn looked excellent. Chalk up another late pick home run for GM John Hammond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSCHCQqHtrg

He was the 17th pick, who do you pass up to take him before then? He has an impressive shot, but it's a deep draft, not sure this meets the qualifications of being a sleeper pick.

Nice game either way/

kdspurman
10-12-2015, 07:47 PM
This starting lineup is going to be fun to watch this year. I see a lot of LMA pick and pop with TP/Kawhi. Waiting to see how the bench looks, but they should definitely be fun with Diaw/Manu/Patty/West

tredigs
10-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Bogut is crazy lean and trying to run the point off of defensive boards. I'm really curious to see how this pans out. Could be incredible..

tredigs
10-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Klay looks even more aggressive with more moves and more aggressive on cuts. He's going to be scary this year. His downfall early was reticence in attacking/getting to the line.

tredigs
10-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Nuggets just did a Hack-A-Bogut in the 1st half... of a preseason game. He made 1/2.

Lakers + Giants
10-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Nuggets just did a Hack-A-Bogut in the 1st half... of a preseason game. He made 1/2.

not that this relates, but just saying. I don't feel bad for people that bet on preseason games, hope they got pissed off after that :laugh:

5ass
10-14-2015, 01:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oAVpphEHzs

Jumped outside the lane and finished on the other side of the rim. He just turned 20 yrs old.

Lakers + Giants
10-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Impressive hang time, daaaaamn.

kdspurman
10-14-2015, 10:13 AM

Jumped outside the lane and finished on the other side of the rim. He just turned 20 yrs old.

:worthy:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-14-2015, 10:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmrNS3zwTw Rashad Vaughn with 19 points again for the 19 year old. Just turned 19 in August.

Tony_Starks
10-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Rondo was asked how's his relationship with Karl and he said "not good, we've had a couple of arguments..."

Really Rondo? Already? Come on bruh.....

tredigs
10-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Rondo was asked how's his relationship with Karl and he said "not good, we've had a couple of arguments..."

lol incredible. Just out in the open with it. He's embracing his role as the team cancer in Sac even more wonderfully than I expected. I'm going to start going to their games on the lower level just so I can hear the backtalk between them during the games.

Tony_Starks
10-14-2015, 12:02 PM

lol incredible. Just out in the open with it. He's embracing his role as the team cancer in Sac even more wonderfully than I expected. I'm going to start going to their games on the lower level just so I can hear the backtalk between them during the games.

I just can't believe it, it's almost like he just wants to be a A-hole just to be one. You would think the fact that he is the first allstar in history I've ever seen get benched the playoffs for just for being a moody jerk would've possibly woke him up but no......apparently not.

xbrackattackx
10-14-2015, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmrNS3zwTw Rashad Vaughn with 19 points again for the 19 year old. Just turned 19 in August.

He was nasty other night as well. The Bucks are gonna be so tight when they blossom. Hope they keep all of their core. Vaughn may replace OJ in the future.

Longhornfan1234
10-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Spurs look like they're in trouble. Back court and bench look incredibly weak. LA's defense is atrocious. Bosh just took him to task.

kdspurman
10-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Spurs look like they're in trouble. Back court and bench look incredibly weak. LA's defense is atrocious. Bosh just took him to task.

Huh? They looked great considering they haven't had much court time together. LMA was very good offensively and the bench played well. He got into early foul trouble, but it's pre-season. Now the pre-season roster guys weren't so great (hence why they lost in the 4th) but those are guys who won't even be on the team/active roster. (Deshaun Thomas, Youssou Ndoye, Keifer Sykers, even Boban Marjanoiv etc...)

Duncan/LMA had great chemistry and Duncan displayed great passing as usual, and most importantly, the ball movement was still there. Even Parker looked good in a more of a distributor type role... most folks/analysts watching the game acknowledged that.

You have to understand what you're looking at when you watch the games. That & it's pre-season, so..... lol

Longhornfan1234
10-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Huh? They looked great considering they haven't had much court time together. LMA was very good offensively and the bench played well. He got into early foul trouble, but it's pre-season. Now the pre-season roster guys weren't so great (hence why they lost in the 4th) but those are guys who won't even be on the team/active roster. (Deshaun Thomas, Youssou Ndoye, Keifer Sykers, even Boban Marjanoiv etc...)

Duncan/LMA had great chemistry and Duncan displayed great passing as usual, and most importantly, the ball movement was still there. Even Parker looked good in a more of a distributor type role... most folks/analysts watching the game acknowledged that.

You have to understand what you're looking at when you watch the games. That & it's pre-season, so..... lol
The bench:
West 2/5 and 3 fouls

Anderson 1/5

Williams 1/4.

Patty 3/8

Ray has been terrible all through camp. The bench production hasn't been good.

LA couldn't guard Bosh without fouling. You completely ignoring the other side of the ball when it comes to LA.

kdspurman
10-14-2015, 12:54 PM
The bench:
West 2/5 and 3 fouls

Anderson 1/5

Williams 1/4.

Patty 3/8

Ray has been terrible all through camp. The bench production hasn't been good.

LA couldn't guard Bosh without fouling. You completely ignoring the other side of the ball when it comes to LA.

His defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's not elite or anything, but his offensive superiority vs Splitter's very good defense is something you can't pass up on.

Now, re: shooting struggles...You see 1 pre-season game where guys shots are off and they're in trouble? That's really gold right there, even for you. Guys can miss shots, that's fine, what's more important is the quality of shots they're getting. And the ball was moving and guys were getting good looks for the most part. That's all that needs to continue to happen.

It'll be a little bit of a process, but they're not in any kind of trouble. I mean, if we're 3 months in and they're hovering at .500, then come in and make this kind of statement. But you're saying it in the pre-season... Not a regular season game... You're talkin bout pre-season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-14-2015, 02:03 PM
He was nasty other night as well. The Bucks are gonna be so tight when they blossom. Hope they keep all of their core. Vaughn may replace OJ in the future.

Yeah OJ is a expiring contract as well. The young guys like him though. They look up to him. But yeah if Vaughn keeps this up he could be starter and all rookie first team. But then again our coach is Kidd. Kidd likes to use all 12 guys most games and favors guys we don't build the future around. Heck he used Zaza and Ersan and Dudley and built them up and talked them up. All we get from those 3 traded is top 55 protected second round picks which we wont even see.

Yeah I knew we would land some free agent this summer. But seemed like we gave them guys away. Heck could of fetched something better but oh well. But yeah I could see OJ traded this trade deadline if Vaughn keep this stride going besides we traded for Vasquez as well. Vasquez can play pg/sg. Plus Bayless can play both spots as well as we got Ennis yet. MCW be starting pg. But we have lot of players that can play multiple positions which is nice to get minutes from all over the place.

Heck I already suggested a trade of Mayo to Charlotte on Hornets board. But seems no one posts over there. Since you figure they traded for Batum. But lost MKG to injury for 6 months. Michael Jordan will get desperate for playoff birth. Heck could see Wolves trading Martin as well to Hornets.

Kings Faithful
10-14-2015, 02:47 PM

It's worth pointing out that Rondo's statement was nothing more than a joke, one that he's been pulling since july. Confirmed by all parties involved.

Scoots
10-19-2015, 10:55 AM
It's worth pointing out that Rondo's statement was nothing more than a joke, one that he's been pulling since july. Confirmed by all parties involved.

Yeah. Andre Iguodala kept saying all year he was looking to get Kerr in a room to "have words" with him about how mad he was about being benched. Vets like to joke with the press who take everything too seriously.

Tony_Starks
10-19-2015, 12:28 PM

True indeed. Kindof a sad state of affairs when he's such a dick that a joke like that can be taken seriously tho.....

PurpleLynch
10-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Larry Nance jr dunked the **** out of Ezeli lol.

That's my favourite moment from the Lakers preseason.

Longhornfan1234
10-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Waiting on KDspurs to make another excuse for LA(4/14). He has been abysmal on both ends all preseason. Parker again showing up out of shape.

Tim Duncan said the chemistry with LaMarcus Aldridge is coming, but overall there is "still a way to go." Lol... even Duncan knows the huge question marks.

kdspurman
10-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Waiting on KDspurs to make another excuse for LA(4/14). He has been abysmal on both ends all preseason. Parker again showing up out of shape.

Tim Duncan said the chemistry with LaMarcus Aldridge is coming, but overall there is "still a way to go." Lol... even Duncan knows the huge question marks.

I'm still waiting on you to tell me why you care so much about pre-season :confused:

If you don't think guys are going to be rusty after several months off, I really don't know what else to tell you. Except maybe go back however many years you please and see how many players/teams have similar shooting performances during exhibition.

Talk to me after a month or 2 into the season if they're having these problems.

Scoots
10-19-2015, 05:11 PM
The pre-season is fun to see the youngsters integrating into the team, just like summer league is a time to see the youngsters leading a team. The results in both are absolutely meaningless, but a player looking great or a player looking lost have some MINIMAL meaning.

JAZZNC
10-20-2015, 12:25 AM

I wanted the Jazz to get him in that draft, but you guys nabbed him first. He has all the physical ability to be a star, he just has to add the skill to it. Sky is the limit for that kid.

5ass
10-20-2015, 02:08 AM
I wanted the Jazz to get him in that draft, but you guys nabbed him first. He has all the physical ability to be a star, he just has to add the skill to it. Sky is the limit for that kid.

Yeah a lot of potential. Can't believe people thought he'd be Kenneth Faried. He has more skill that most people realize. He just needs to continue working hard and developing his game. We need him to be a star for the Magic to have a chance at being a great team.

PurpleLynch
10-20-2015, 05:56 AM
Yeah a lot of potential. Can't believe people thought he'd be Kenneth Faried. He has more skill that most people realize. He just needs to continue working hard and developing his game. We need him to be a star for the Magic to have a chance at being a great team.

The Magic are following the right path,you have one of the best young core in the entire Nba and they are all starters!

xbrackattackx
10-20-2015, 08:52 AM

I see Blake Griffin/Amare potential in him. At the absolute worst a better Kris Humphries/Brandon Bass type player. He is one of my favorite Magic players with Elfrid being my favorite.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-20-2015, 01:01 PM
The Magic are following the right path,you have one of the best young core in the entire Nba and they are all starters!

Seems like Magic keep stock piling young players but never win. They need playoffs soon enough. They been on a tread mill for a while yet people ridicule 76ers for tanking.

5ass
10-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Seems like Magic keep stock piling young players but never win. They need playoffs soon enough. They been on a tread mill for a while yet people ridicule 76ers for tanking.

They've had to trade their franchise big man and rebuild. Three years out of the play offs is not long time at all. That's the OKC rebuild. How long did it take the Wizards? Kings? And its nothing like the sixes because the Magic had vets like nelson, afflalo. They didn't put mostly d-leaguers on the court.

5ass
10-20-2015, 01:17 PM
I see Blake Griffin/Amare potential in him. At the absolute worst a better Kris Humphries/Brandon Bass type player. He is one of my favorite Magic players with Elfrid being my favorite.

Yea elfrid's my favorite too. Love PGs like him.

5ass
10-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Yeah, but we're going to need a couple of them to become stars.

Scoots
10-20-2015, 01:48 PM
A few years ago the Warriors drafted Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli in the first round but my favorite rookie was Draymond Green. Elfrid reminds me of him in that he plays HARD and smart even if he doesn't have all the skills and abilities people say his "position" requires. Elfrid is a player and you can win titles with guys like him.

5ass
10-20-2015, 08:45 PM
A few years ago the Warriors drafted Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli in the first round but my favorite rookie was Draymond Green. Elfrid reminds me of him in that he plays HARD and smart even if he doesn't have all the skills and abilities people say his "position" requires. Elfrid is a player and you can win titles with guys like him.
Agreed. You have to love players like that. Been a fan of Green since his rookie year. Those are the type of players that teammates want to play with.

Longhornfan1234
10-21-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm still waiting on you to tell me why you care so much about pre-season :confused:

If you don't think guys are going to be rusty after several months off, I really don't know what else to tell you. Except maybe go back however many years you please and see how many players/teams have similar shooting performances during exhibition.

Talk to me after a month or 2 into the season if they're having these problems.

The Spurs have been dreadful all preseason, but somehow they're going to come in and hit all cylinders?

LMA had another awful game(4/10). Parker played 30 mins and muster up 6 points. Simmons looks like trash.

Green is the only 3 pt shooting threat on your team. Missing Bellini will hurt. No C and pg depth. Anyone with eyes can tell you the spurs are in trouble.

kdspurman
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM
The Spurs have been dreadful all preseason, but somehow they're going to come in and hit all cylinders?

LMA had another awful game(4/10). Parker played 30 mins and muster up 6 points. Simmons looks like trash.

Green is the only 3 pt shooting threat on your team. Missing Bellini will hurt. No C and pg depth. Anyone with eyes can tell you the spurs are in trouble.

It's not about hitting all cylinders, it's the fact that it takes time to shake the rust off. That's just a given, with the exception maybe guys who play overseas come in and are in better game shape than others. It's common sense. Pop is still experimenting with guys, giving other guys minutes who will be cut, etc... They are nowhere near the level they can be in 3 months or so.

Mills? Bonner? Kawhi is a solid 3 point shooter as well. And who cares about C depth, Duncan/LMA/West all have the size to defend the Centers of todays game. Even Diaw can on some nights.

Mills is a very good backup PG and has shown that many times and on the biggest stages.

I'm honestly amazed, I don't think i've ever seen someone put so much weight into the pre-season as you are. Matter fact, the Clips, Rockets & Warriors are all under .500. Nuggets are 2 games over .500... Change of tides out West perhaps?

Cavs are 1-6, Hornets undefeated. Jordan could get ring #7 perhaps?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-21-2015, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't take preseason to seriously. Some teams are being try hards playing their starters for longer durations while others playing camp fodder to figure out the end of the bench.

True Sports Fan
10-21-2015, 12:36 PM
People take Preseason serious? Just look at the Kings record.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-21-2015, 12:45 PM

Kings are just a circus. Karl always burns bridges with every team he coaches. WCS was a nice pick though. Hard to say anything about Cousins. He hasn't got the Kings in the playoffs yet. Could just be a stat stuffer on losing team. Rondo was a bad signing. Heck Celtics could barely keep him in line with the big 3 back then. Mavs didn't put up with him for very long. Kings signed him based on name for the casual fan to see. But Rondo is a shell of him self. Still waiting for Cousins to clash with Karl then see if owners dump Karl or not or stick with the player.

kdspurman
10-21-2015, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't take preseason to seriously. Some teams are being try hards playing their starters for longer durations while others playing camp fodder to figure out the end of the bench.

This is what most feel about pre-season

5ass
10-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Watched the Magic vs. Pelicans today and both teams wanted that win. AD played 41 minutes. But yes, you have to take it game by game. Some teams are competitive, others aren't. I know SVG always took preseason seriously when he was with the Magic. Anyway, here's another freak athletic play from Aaron Gordon:
https://t.co/67Nfmg5PVx

kobe4thewinbang
10-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Watched the Magic vs. Pelicans today and both teams wanted that win. AD played 41 minutes. But yes, you have to take it game by game. Some teams are competitive, others aren't. I know SVG always took preseason seriously when he was with the Magic. Anyway, here's another freak athletic play from Aaron Gordon:
https://t.co/67Nfmg5PVxYeah, seeing Vucevic going at Davis was cool. I think AD is on track to become the new LeBron, like during his early years in Cleveland. Definitely gonna win a 'chip.

5ass
10-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Yeah, seeing Vucevic going at Davis was cool. I think AD is on track to become the new LeBron, like during his early years in Cleveland. Definitely gonna win a 'chip.

I don't feel it will happen anytime soon. I think AD will end up with a ring before he retires, but I don't see him winning rings like Duncan or Lebron. More like KG. I think he's overrated and his supporting cast is weak (compared to KD, LeBron, CP3, etc.)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Like I mentioned in other thread hopefully Pelicans add another star next to Davis. Don't need another CP3 situation where he wants out.

Dade County
10-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, seeing Vucevic going at Davis was cool. I think AD is on track to become the new LeBron, like during his early years in Cleveland. Definitely gonna win a 'chip.

I dont see him winning one while playing for N.O. Maybe 7 or 8yrs from now.

Dade County
10-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Like I mentioned in other thread hopefully Pelicans add another star next to Davis. Don't need another CP3 situation where he wants out.

They would have to trade for one, i don't see them getting a ture star player in free agency.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-24-2015, 11:55 AM
When I was googling for trade rumors I did come across one from the Pelicans. Said there's a chance Holiday traded to Kings. But didn't say what Kings would trade. Probably B.S.