PDA

View Full Version : If OKC is forced to trade KD...

Dade County
10-02-2015, 09:11 PM
what realistic package could your team put together, not only to have OKC agree to it, but to compete so MAYBE KD thinks about re-signing.

Just remember what Harden was traded for (not trying to compare the two players though).

But just keep in mind that you don't know if KD will re-sign with your team; and KD himself hasn't given you any insurance that he is even going to think about it... Meaning he wants to be a free agent (but you can try to change his mind).

Or you can just simple say, OKC should just keep him and hope for the best.

***Please don't bash other posters trade proposals***

KG2TB
10-02-2015, 09:23 PM
They're not trading him.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 10:19 PM
KD still has very good shot at staying in OKC. At this point i think OKC takes the gamble with the odds in their favor.

ManningToTyree
10-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Do you think it is likely that OKc is completely out of contention at the deadline with a healthy Durant? Because that's the only way it gets considered. That seems ridiculously unlikely

bucketss
10-02-2015, 10:53 PM
bradley beal,otto porter, draft picks. ----- only if he asks for trade.

westbrook
beal
porter
ibaka
kanter

Dade County
10-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Do you think it is likely that OKc is completely out of contention at the deadline with a healthy Durant? Because that's the only way it gets considered. That seems ridiculously unlikely

I believe that OKC is going to the Final's...

But from Sam's past actions, he doesn't like to gamble on players that are about to be free agents.

You either sign or you are gone, thats the mentally I get from him..

Pierzynski4Prez
10-02-2015, 10:58 PM

But from Sam's past actions, he doesn't like to gamble on players that are about to be free agents.

You either sign or you are gone, thats the mentally I get from him..
Totally different situation than the Harden one this time though.

Kyben36
10-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Nothing, let him walk. Cavs did it with Lebron, why would OKC do diferently, they are in a win now scenario where any year he is there, they will be a contender, so why trade him even if he might leave.

Love is diferent because they were not competing, if love was in tittle contention, he would have gone nowhere, the OKC Thunder wont give him up and give up on any year.

LakersIn5
10-02-2015, 11:40 PM
For the 2nd straight year i have them going to thw finals against cleveland. Injuries ****ed them last season. Would have been nice to see a healthy cleveland vs healthy thunder. I dont think okc would trade him but if they do and kd gives a list of teams he would like to play on and the lakers is one of them then this

Jordan clarkson, julius randle, some **** for durant.

5ass
10-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Hezonja, Harris, Fournier and future 1sts. OKC gets Harris and Hezonja to attempt to replace Durant's scoring and shooting. Fournier to take over the 6th man role. Obviously this isn't enough value, but this isn't about matching value, more so about besting other teams offers.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-03-2015, 12:04 AM
For the Bulls, Butler + McDermott or Snell+ one of our Bigs, hopefully not Niko..

Any team outside of Cle, GS, or NO basically needs to send its best player (or 2) plus other young controllable players (then likely picks too) to have a chance.

Dade County
10-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Totally different situation than the Harden one this time though.

Every time I think about the harden trade, I just say WTF... Just so they don't go into the tax they trade Harden???

I mean, KD might bring that up when OKC tries to sale him to stay.

Nothing, let him walk. Cavs did it with Lebron, why would OKC do diferently, they are in a win now scenario where any year he is there, they will be a contender, so why trade him even if he might leave.

Love is diferent because they were not competing, if love was in tittle contention, he would have gone nowhere, the OKC Thunder wont give him up and give up on any year.

Worst case scenario he walks, & OKC gets nothing. But you shouldn't compare what the Cav's didn't do, to what OKC should do or not do.

The Cav's sucked and the league had to help them get Lbj back.

OKC has another star if KD does leave or gets traded.

For the 2nd straight year i have them going to thw finals against cleveland. Injuries ****ed them last season. Would have been nice to see a healthy cleveland vs healthy thunder. I dont think okc would trade him but if they do and kd gives a list of teams he would like to play on and the lakers is one of them then this

Jordan clarkson, julius randle, some **** for durant.

Yeah me too... They just had bad luck. I am picking them again this year LoL

Hezonja, Harris, Fournier and future 1sts. OKC gets Harris and Hezonja to attempt to replace Durant's scoring and shooting. Fournier to take over the 6th man role. Obviously this isn't enough value, but this isn't about matching value, more so about besting other teams offers.

You get it.

mrblisterdundee
10-03-2015, 12:12 AM
This is of course highly unlikely, but I'll play the game. Oklahoma City has a glut in the front court, so the trade would likely revolve around wings. If I'm thinking of packages Oklahoma City might entertain for Kevin Durant:
Jabari Parker, OJ Mayo and Jerryd Bayless for Durant.
D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Roy Hibbert for Durant and Waiters.

Dade County
10-03-2015, 12:13 AM
For the Bulls, Butler + McDermott or Snell+ one of our Bigs, hopefully not Niko..

Any team outside of Cle, GS, or NO basically needs to send its best player (or 2) plus other young controllable players (then likely picks too) to have a chance.

Big gamble on Butler, I like it.

So that means rose would have to have a magical year, to make it really hard for KD to even think about leaving.

slaker619
10-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Heat would pull some ish, Riley don't play

JAZZNC
10-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Gordon Hayward, Rodney Hood and a 1st. I really think that is a wonderful offer. I would much rather send Favors than Hayward but that just isn't gonna work and I'm not giving up Rudy for anything right now.

5ass
10-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Big gamble on Butler, I like it.

So that means rose would have to have a magical year, to make it really hard for KD to even think about leaving.

Yeah Rose would have to go back to where he was when he won MVP, even then you have Gasol and Noah on the decline.

5ass
10-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Gordon Hayward, Rodney Hood and a 1st. I really think that is a wonderful offer. I would much rather send Favors than Hayward but that just isn't gonna work and I'm not giving up Rudy for anything right now.

I like this one, but I think my offer is better.

FlashBolt
10-03-2015, 01:46 AM
I'll take Klay+Draymond+Iggy if it was possible and we had to make a deal. If we didn't, I don't think I'll trade KD for anyone other than AD (MAYBE).

tredigs
10-03-2015, 02:00 AM
I'll take Klay+Draymond+Iggy if it was possible and we had to make a deal. If we didn't, I don't think I'll trade KD for anyone other than AD (MAYBE).

There's zero chance GSW would do that. If it was indeed a SIGN + T they probably would offer Klay and Iggy though. Iggy's extra valuable as a 16 mil expiring. But I don't see why OKC would trade KD unless A) They knew he was leaving and B) They knew they couldn't contend this season.

FlashBolt
10-03-2015, 02:04 AM
There's zero chance GSW would do that. If it was indeed a SIGN + T they probably would offer Klay and Iggy though. Iggy's extra valuable as a 16 mil expiring. But I don't see why OKC would trade KD unless A) They knew he was leaving and B) They knew they couldn't contend this season.

No way would OKC do that.. they would rather take their chances of losing him. OKC screwed up bigtime with fatass Perkins. Dude was so useless and prevented us from getting a decent center.

raiderposting
10-03-2015, 02:24 AM
These trade ideas some of these homers are putting up are ridiculous lol

Dade County
10-03-2015, 09:58 AM
These trade ideas some of these homers are putting up are ridiculous lol

Well try to keep in mind that you don't know if KD will re-sign with you, so as a franchise you are trying to also still compete when you get him so he doesn't just have a horrible time and then just bounce.

If it gets out that KD wants to go into free agency, OKC will be getting offers by every team in the league (low balling offers); because they would just say, we don't know if KD will sign back with us.

It will be up to OCK to say go F yourself or pick out of the best option.

FYI: Just know that the media machine is just waiting to spew a **** load of garbage just to create a world wind of speculation around KD upcoming free agency.

ManningToTyree
10-03-2015, 05:15 PM

You either sign or you are gone, thats the mentally I get from him.. I don't think you can compare him to other scenarios he's the second best player on the planet and the face of the franchise. Maybe I will be proven wrong but I think they have no choice but to stick it out with Kevin and try to keep him after the season unless for some reason they aren't in it.

It's not like they can't sign and trade him if he is leaving in FA anyway. That's how he'd get all his money so that's probable if he chooses to move on.

Dade County
10-03-2015, 06:55 PM
HEAT Trade:

McRob (friendly contract)
Winslow (Rookie contract)
Deng (3rd team Trade option or keep him)
Rio
Birdman
Bosh for Ibaka

Miami:
A ****ing Dragon
D Wade
KD
Ibake
Whiteside

OKC:
West / Rio
Morrow / Waiters / Winslow
Deng or Singler or Novak... shooters around Westbrook or Deng's tough defense
Bosh / McRob
Kanter / Adams / Birdman

You bring Ibake in so KD has someone he is comfortable with... Also been in tough games together.

You show KD that this team is defense first mentality, by teaming up Whiteside with ibaka... Kd wont find that front court duo anywhere else in the league.

Spo and company would preach defense to KD from the day he steps in; this will sit will with Ibaka and he would quickly by in to the HEAT culture, in return KD should quickly ease his way to how Miami does things; buy just worrying about defense, and letting his offense game naturally do what it does.

I believe it would be a BIG relief to KD knowing that the paint is on lockdown and he can take on the challenge of pressuring guys out on the perimeter and knowing that if a guy does get pass him, they would have to deal with Whiteside & Ibaka.

Well I tried LoL

Kyben36
10-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Worst case scenario he walks, & OKC gets nothing. But you shouldn't compare what the Cav's didn't do, to what OKC should do or not do.

The Cav's sucked and the league had to help them get Lbj back.

DONT give me that ****, A) they were the best team in the East, yes, they sucked after loosing the best player in the nba.

2ndly, that even more reason they should hang onto him, they have more help, they have litterally no reason they cant be the best team in the nba. they have the tallent, the bench, the depth. so why trade him, because he "MIGHT" leave, well, anyone might leavue bro, thats the point of a contract,

Dade County
10-03-2015, 08:03 PM
DONT give me that ****, A) they were the best team in the East, yes, they sucked after loosing the best player in the nba.

2ndly, that even more reason they should hang onto him, they have more help, they have litterally no reason they cant be the best team in the nba. they have the tallent, the bench, the depth. so why trade him, because he "MIGHT" leave, well, anyone might leavue bro, thats the point of a contract,

I have no idea why u are mad lmao

You need to re-read the thread... I think that okc will be in the Finals, but this doesnt change the fact that they might have to trade kd if they feel like he will leave them at the end of the season.

And they will have nothing to show for it.

Saddletramp
10-03-2015, 08:12 PM
HEAT Trade:

McRob (friendly contract)
Winslow (Rookie contract)
Deng (3rd team Trade option or keep him)
Rio
Birdman
Bosh for Ibaka

Miami:
A ****ing Dragon
D Wade
KD
Ibake
Whiteside

OKC:
West / Rio
Morrow / Waiters / Winslow
Deng or Singler or Novak... shooters around Westbrook or Deng's tough defense
Bosh / McRob
Kanter / Adams / Birdman

You bring Ibake in so KD has someone he is comfortable with... Also been in tough games together.

You show KD that this team is defense first mentality, by teaming up Whiteside with ibaka... Kd wont find that front court duo anywhere else in the league.

Spo and company would preach defense to KD from the day he steps in; this will sit will with Ibaka and he would quickly by in to the HEAT culture, in return KD should quickly ease his way to how Miami does things; buy just worrying about defense, and letting his offense game naturally do what it does.

I believe it would be a BIG relief to KD knowing that the paint is on lockdown and he can take on the challenge of pressuring guys out on the perimeter and knowing that if a guy does get pass him, they would have to deal with Whiteside & Ibaka.

Well I tried LoL

Isn't Deng an UFA next year? Also, as soon as Westbrook bolts, that's going to be a bad team.

It'll also be funny to see Bosh re-sign with Miami only to get flipped to OKC a few years later.

slashsnake
10-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Honestly, probably something like Denver got. Lots of role players, picks and up and comers who can make it work and hopefully some flexible contracts. Not going to get another established star unless he is a questionable one (Derrick Rose/Paul George type).

As for OKC, that is a really really tough call on their part, because if they go through with it, likely they are in the same position a year later with Westbrook. So maybe they will keep him all year knowing that he's got a good shot of leaving after the season. Figuring the outside shot at keeping him around is worth it because both stars could be tied to it. Of course if he left then, they are looking at a lot less value (some firsts and expiring contracts if the team needs help to get him under the cap, which may not be an issue next year).

Honestly, I think they will be in contention during the year (top 4-5 team) and keep him because of that, but if I had to pick when they exit, I think it will be a tough 2nd round one. And outside of an NBA finals, I think he's on his way out. It just feels so much like Dwight here. Even from the fans.

Silent
10-03-2015, 09:41 PM
philly okafor/saric/picks

jazz gobert/favors/burk/picks

gs green/barnes/bogut/picks

min wiggins/shabazz/picks/pek

magic henzoja/vuvic/harris/ picks

was beal/porter/picks

lakers russell/randle/clarkson/picks

Sa green/aldridge/picks

clev kyirie or love in a 3 way with shump picks and tt or smith jsut for value

tredigs
10-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I really doubt OKC reaches the Finals. For one, they are giving up so much defensively with Kanter at center + waiters or Morrow at SG, and secondly I just think we've seen too many injuries out of Westbrook/Ibaka/KD over the past 4 years going into the post-season to expect all of them to be healthy by seasons end (and all of them will have to be healthy by seasons end). Thirdly, it's a ****ing gauntlet and betting on any team in the West to reach the Finals is an uphill battle. I'd take the Warriors for the fact that they proved they can do it and they retained as much continuity as humanly possible, but even then I'm definitely not confident. If they and the Cavs switched spots? I'd have them at 20:1 to reach the Finals.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Dont think it would ever happen but for the bucks i'd say it would have to be 1 of Jabari Parker or Giannas (i'd personally rather the bucks keep Giannas) + Vasquez or Bayless + Mayo + Plumlee + 2 or 3 future 1st or another option would be Mayo + Parker or Giannas + Monroe + 2 1st for Kevin Durant + Ibaka or instead of Ibaka add Adams or Kanter to make it for more value coming to the Thunder if need be

Trade 1
Bucks Thunder
PG: MCW Westy
SG: Middleton Mayo/Waiters
SF: Durant Parker or Giannas
PF: Giannas or Parker Ibaka
C: Monroe Kanter
Bucks bench: vasquez or bayless, vaughn, inglis, JOB, Henson
Thunder bench:vasquez or bayless, mayo or waiters, singler? plumlee, Adams, Mcgary

Trade 2
PG: MCW Westy
SG: Middleton Mayo/Waiters
SF: KD Giannas or Parker
PF: Giannas or Parker Ibaka(if they didnt trade him) or 1 of Monroe/Kanter/Adams/Mcgary/???
C: Ibaka/Kanter/Adams/Henson(depends who they got with KD) Monroe/Kanter/Adams/Mcgary

Obviously its hard to get equal value for a healthy KD but I think with these trades they'd get a good young forward in either Parker or Giannas to replace KD. I'd rather the Bucks keep Giannas and I also think Parkers scoring would help replace KD's for the Thunder. The Thunder would also add a quality back up point as well as add a SG that could possibly start for them or help make their bench even deeper. They also get another big to throw in the mix in Plumlee in trade 1.
trade 2 is pretty much the same as above except that they'd add a quality starting center to help make up for what they lose with KD. They lose star power but add 2 good young starters as well as a few bench pieces to help make their team deeper while the continue to compete! They also add 2 1st round picks that would probably be late 1st unless KD walked at seasons end in which they'd get way more valueable!

Thats probably the best the Bucks could put together. I dont see them trading both Giannas and Parker. I also think they'd want to keep Middleton since hes improving so much year to year and is under rated by the common NBA fan but the Bucks front office realizes the value that Middleton brings. I think the Bucks could possibly add MCW to any deal and let Vasquez start instead but I dont think the Thunder need or want him with Westbrook unless they planned on moving Westy to the 2

FlashBolt
10-04-2015, 12:39 AM
I really doubt OKC reaches the Finals. For one, they are giving up so much defensively with Kanter at center + waiters or Morrow at SG, and secondly I just think we've seen too many injuries out of Westbrook/Ibaka/KD over the past 4 years going into the post-season to expect all of them to be healthy by seasons end (and all of them will have to be healthy by seasons end). Thirdly, it's a ****ing gauntlet and betting on any team in the West to reach the Finals is an uphill battle. I'd take the Warriors for the fact that they proved they can do it and they retained as much continuity as humanly possible, but even then I'm definitely not confident. If they and the Cavs switched spots? I'd have them at 20:1 to reach the Finals.

They basically gave up Perkins... Who is a liability from what I've seen. Fouls way too much, has no offensive game at all, gets way too emotional out there, and doesn't know how to cut to the basket at all. We still have Steven Adams -- who is easily our best defensive C. McGary is also a very serviceable player and can give a good 15 minutes. Our SG position is pretty weak but I think we'll be fine there as long as those guys can knock down threes. West is always tough and injuries are inevitable for every team so I think OKC's injury woes are pretty relevant for many teams as well. GSW/LAC/OKC/SAS are the top four teams and either of them could make it out.

5ass
10-04-2015, 01:55 AM
I agree with tredigs. I dont see them making the finals. Theres just too many holes on that team now. Their SGs are so one dimensional. I dont know what they see in Waiters. Their center position is weak as well. Adams isnt above average and Kanter is a huge liability on defense. Without thinking too much about it i think their SG and center rotations are probably weaker than any play off team. They should've used adams and their pick this year to pick up a good center, and signed a back up PG in FA. I like Payne, but he's a rookie. They should be in win NOW mode with KD about to hit FA.

OlivaThor
10-04-2015, 05:15 AM
KD for Kevin Love+picks+fillers

Raps18-19 Champ
10-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Kawhi Leonard for Durant and draft picks.

IndyRealist
10-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Paul George straight up for Durant. Don't think anyone's made a better offer except for maybe the Butler trade.

Dade County
10-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Isn't Deng an UFA next year? Also, as soon as Westbrook bolts, that's going to be a bad team.

You can say that about any trade then... Of course you'll be building the team around West if KD leaves; so of course any trade you make will look bad if the player you are building the team aropund leaves LoL

It'll also be funny to see Bosh re-sign with Miami only to get flipped to OKC a few years later.

We'll I see it like this, Miami wanted to offer Bosh a little less, I am guessing they had some plan so they can go after another star and buiold the team back up when Lbj left; Bosh wasn't having that and went full max (I don't blame him).... But Florida doesn't have a state income tax, so Bosh could have just avg out his contract to the norm, but he didn't; so he got his money, so whatever happens after that happens.

Thats one gamble that most likely will pay off, because no one can see KD leaving Lbj unless they clash some way some how.

Kawhi Leonard for Durant and draft picks.

Without KD giving the ok that he will re-sign there I can't see the Spurs doing this. But it's the Spurs they never did anything like this, I would love to see the outcome.

Another good one.

Gander13SM
10-04-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm of the controversial opinion that OKC need to decide who they're building around and trade the other.

And I believe KD is a once in a generation talent. Westbrook isnt.

They should trade Westbrook.

And in my mind a team along the lines of;

J. Teague - K. Korver - K. Durant - S. Ibaka - S. Adams

Is a better team in terms of balance. And Westbrook's individual ability and "celebrity" status makes him valuable enough to get Teague and Korver.

Anyway... I don't think they should or will trade KD.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Without KD giving the ok that he will re-sign there I can't see the Spurs doing this. But it's the Spurs they never did anything like this, I would love to see the outcome.

Another good one.

That's why Spurs also get draft picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-05-2015, 10:23 AM
That's horrible. Heck Irving and Love is bad. Other poster suggested Irving or Love for KD. All horrible trades. If anything if Thunder thinks Westbrook bolts to Lakers. Then why not just trade Westbrook for Randle and Russell and Clarkson? Still be best to keep the Thunder core together. Ibaka to center and trade Adam and Kanter.

Blink
10-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Eh Detroit prolly couldn't match what Bulls/Magic can offer as far as assets go.

If we were to trade Jennings/KCP/Stanley Johnson and one of Marcus Morris or Ilyasova we lose out on depth and he bolts anyway.

So I'll pass and patiently wa it 3/4 years for contending

OlivaThor
10-05-2015, 12:21 PM
That's horrible. Heck Irving and Love is bad. Other poster suggested Irving or Love for KD. All horrible trades. If anything if Thunder thinks Westbrook bolts to Lakers. Then why not just trade Westbrook for Randle and Russell and Clarkson? Still be best to keep the Thunder core together. Ibaka to center and trade Adam and Kanter.

Why horrible. Its perfect. Westbrook and Love UCLA reunion with Ibaka next to Love to cover him. And Lebron + Durant? Instant dominance

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Well I think Thunder would laugh if Cavs offered Irving and Love. Love is just a glorified stretch 4. Heck Bucks gave Ersan away for nothing. Personally Cavs messed up trading Wiggins for a quick win now approach. If they kept Wiggins they would of had him locked in cheap rookie deal instead of max Love deal. Heck if LeBron doesn't get a ring this season he will test the waters again. Then if he bolts Cavs be stuck out of playoffs like they were before hand. Also tied down with bad contracts to keep LeBron happy with surrounding injury prone cast.