PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Possible FA Destinations

BallIsAll
09-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Could Kevin Durant be willing to break up the NBA's most dynamic duo? Thats what most reporters, analysts and quite frankly GMs are asking themselves before the 2015-16 season starts. Rumors have circulated around the web that this will most likely be the last season Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant will both sport an Oklahoma City Thunder jersey at the same time. Some even went on to "report" that the Thunder will be looking to deal Westbrook in an attempt to keep Durant, which makes no sense whatsoever. Why would Durant want to leave the Thunder? They have really "Started From The Bottom", he could go down as the greatest player to put on a Thunder jersey. Kevin Durant to the surprise of no one has lead the team in win shares all but one season since the team has moved to Oklahoma and that was due to Russell Westbrook's late explosion and Durant's inability to stay healthy and on the court last season. The team has been making moves to put help around "Batman A and Batman B", such as trading for Dion Waiters and Enes Kanter.

Two years ago reports came out that Durant wants to play for the Raptors.. as a kid he envisioned himself playing for the Raptors, Ok? Growing up I always wanted to play for the Lakers, if you asked me today that if I had a chance to play in the league which team I would play with; well lets just say the Lakers wouldn't be at the top of my list. Reports have been swirling around the web ever since Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook got into a little shouting match on the court, but if they didn't shout wouldn't that mean they don't respect each other enough to tell each other how they really feel? Now I don't think Durant will be moving on to a different team , I find that as ludicrous as Phil Jackson stating Kobe Bryant might be playing for a different team next season other than the Lakers.

Phil, on Kobe: "I don't think this is his last year. Might be his last year as a Laker."

— Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) September 25, 2015

Now on to the real question that we can actually answer, if KD does decide to leave; what teams have an actual chance at landing the one-time MVP and his offensive arsenal? simple, well not really but lets try to keep it simple. I have compiled a list with information as to why it would make sense for the superstar to join the team. If you agree with me share and comment! Always appreciated.

http://www.realballinsiders.com/kevin-durant-free-agency-destination-possibilities/

JAZZNC
09-30-2015, 11:52 PM
Utah Jazz. Lots of young talent and a prime FA destination. Could make millions in endorsement deals.

tredigs
10-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Utah Jazz. Lots of young talent and a prime FA destination. Could make millions in endorsement deals.

Feels half ironic and sadly half serious.

tredigs
10-01-2015, 12:39 AM
I DO have a feeling that KD will leave OKC if things go sour again this year, especially if there's an awkward alpha contest between him and Westbrook, but I have no idea of where he'll go. For one I'd have to see a list of who has the cap space or trade maneuverability/likelihood to get there. We've heard the WAS/NYK/LAL/GSW/MIA rumors.

mrblisterdundee
10-01-2015, 01:03 AM

That would be a great place for him, but Utah would need to immediately upgrade at point guard. But it seems Durant's showing interest in the Lakers, which is always a bad omen.
Washington would be a good location for him, with Wall, Beal and Gortat already established but not true alphas.
If people think Carmelo could work with the Bulls, then Chicago would instantly become a contender with Durant, although they'd have to drop a few forwards to make some room financially.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 01:04 AM
http://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-h...r-2016-season/

If unforeseen circumstances happen in OKC, I can see KD getting traded right before the trade dead line.

All it would take is maybe sub pair play from his team, or West going down with an injury...etc

But I believe that OKC team is loaded and they should be in the Final's this upcoming season.

5ass
10-01-2015, 01:10 AM
I heard he likes Oladipo so by simple logic you can come to the conclusion that he's coming to the Magic.

Payton/watson
Oladipo/Fournier
Durant/Hezonja
Gordon/Harris
Vucevic/Dedmon

CHAMPIONSHIP 2017! Woooo im going to go celebrate.

jerellh528
10-01-2015, 01:10 AM
I obviously hope he decides to join the lakers if that option arises. If I'm the lakers I tell him to pick whatever coach he wants and his top choice for his "robin" and aggressively pursue those guys.

ThomasTomasz
10-01-2015, 01:12 AM
That would be a great place for him, but Utah would need to immediately upgrade at point guard. But it seems Durant's showing interest in the Lakers, which is always a bad omen.
Washington would be a good location for him, with Wall, Beal and Gortat already established but not true alphas.
If people think Carmelo could work with the Bulls, then Chicago would instantly become a contender with Durant, although they'd have to drop a few forwards to make some room financially.

Washington has been rumored for a while, especially when we signed Gortat, and let Ariza walk and brought in Paul Pierce for a year. The speculation is that they were trying not to spend money on both, and save it for Durant this next off-season. It also helps that Durant is from Washington DC, and as you mentioned, already have some talent but Durant would come in as the clear #1 guy here.

BHF
10-01-2015, 01:15 AM
I would give the Thunder the entire Raps roster and the coaching staff for Durant.

Htownballa1622
10-01-2015, 01:19 AM
If they don't win it all this year, he's leaving imo.

It won't be to one of the big market bad teams though. (LAL, NYK)

JAZZNC
10-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Feels half ironic and sadly half serious.

Its both :(

LegendX
10-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Miami seems most likely, then Washington. I think the Lakers become serious contenders if they can show some promise/potential this season.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2015, 09:06 AM
only Miami fans believe there is a shot at KD. they have no money for him with Wade, Deng, Bosh, Dragic on big deals and the possible big extension to Whiteside if he lives up to the this insane hype. Ive said a dozen times before if im KD and do decide to leave im playing with AD, easy choice.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Top choices are OKC and DC in my opinion.

Everywhere else is just going to be speculation (even though DC is still mostly speculation). Too far out to know who will have what cap space, what success OKC had, and what rosters will be come July 1 next year.

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2015, 09:44 AM
only Miami fans believe there is a shot at KD. they have no money for him with Wade, Deng, Bosh, Dragic on big deals and the possible big extension to Whiteside if he lives up to the this insane hype. Ive said a dozen times before if im KD and do decide to leave im playing with AD, easy choice.
That would be insane. What does their salary cap look like?

Slug3
10-01-2015, 10:08 AM

If you go look at our sub I believe we have just about no chance. Some seem to think Whiteside and Wade would take one year smaller contracts to get KD, but I just don't buy it. If it was to somehow happen Miami would probably have to choose between KD and Whiteside on who will get the big money there.

Htownballa1622
10-01-2015, 10:39 AM
I know a place other than OKC where there will be cap space and 2 former teammates and good friends.

:whistle:

Dade County
10-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Man just take the time to google article's showing how Miami can sign KD. After OKC, Miami because of Pat, is his prime option to to me.

If GS could do a sign & trade, then depending on who they have to give up, they would be another good option.

KD knows how the leauge works by now, he wouldn"t go to a place that has no history of winning it all. Even tho Kd & AD would be so awesome together.

Other nba fans can"t see it, but Miami is a very real option, because Pat has proven he can bring in players. He can reshape a roster in no time.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Wade on another 1yr deal but not at 20mil... Also you don"t belueve they can workout something with whitesid? You don"t think that Pat has already talk to Wade & Whiteside behind clse doors?

This is big business.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 11:19 AM
I like the rockets chances too, but howard & kd don't mix...

Howard contract is up tho after this season so...

nycericanguy
10-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Wade on another 1yr deal but not at 20mil... Also you don"t belueve they can workout something with whitesid? You don"t think that Pat has already talk to Wade & Whiteside behind clse doors?

This is big business.

With Wade maybe, tho I think Wade is probably tired of taking less for others.

But with Whiteside? That would be a shocker. Whiteside will be going on 28 next summer and he's really never made much in the NBA. Maybe around 500k after taxes so far? So I doubt he would leave even one dime on the table just to get Durant, who has probably made half a billion, his money...lol. Or postpone and take a 1 year deal or something like that. Nor should he, 27/28 is pretty old in NBA years and he should cash in while he cane.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-01-2015, 12:09 PM

This is big business.

What can they work out with Whiteside? A situation where he takes a ton less money during the offseason where contracts given out will be at the highest they've ever been? At a point where he'll have only made 3.1 million since coming into the league in 2010. People need to stop talking about players taking discounts. It's not happening anymore. Not while the cap keeps jumping and jumping.

I can't in any way imagine him taking any sort of discount to fulfill this dream where you could afford all these players. Not when he could go elsewhere and see 15+ million a year starting out and probably upwards of 60-70+ million guaranteed.

This Pat thing gets way over used. One FA period where Wade probably did most of the work anyways, and he's this legend recruiter. Pat also lost the best player in the world to the worst team in the league the previous 4 years. Pat is not the only guy to win a title since 1980 believe it or not.

Stinkyoutsider
10-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Most superstar players would use Durant's upcoming free agency status to mold the team into what he wants. But, for Durant, I think it should be more than that...

I'm not saying that Westbrook doesn't respect Durant because I'm sure they respect each other a great deal. But if I'm Durant, this year is the year that I make sure Westbrook gets me the ball and makes sure he knows his place as my sidekick (even though I think Westbrook isn't a sidekick). If Westbrook isn't willing to allow Durant to be the focal point, then Durant should walk.

Durant should be looking to play with Anthony Davis if he's interested in playing with someone at or near his level. Davis seems like he has no ego (offensive touches), is more than happy to do the dirty work defensively, and is willing to share the ball.

Scoots
10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I wonder if moving to the East would be a significant draw for him.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 12:31 PM
What can they work out with Whiteside? A situation where he takes a ton less money during the offseason where contracts given out will be at the highest they've ever been? At a point where he'll have only made 3.1 million since coming into the league in 2010. People need to stop talking about players taking discounts. It's not happening anymore. Not while the cap keeps jumping and jumping.

I can't in any way imagine him taking any sort of discount to fulfill this dream where you could afford all these players. Not when he could go elsewhere and see 15+ million a year starting out and probably upwards of 60-70+ million guaranteed.

This Pat thing gets way over used. One FA period where Wade probably did most of the work anyways, and he's this legend recruiter. Pat also lost the best player in the world to the worst team in the league the previous 4 years. Pat is not the only guy to win a title since 1980 believe it or not.

Pat didn't lose Lbj the League created a situation for Lbj to go back to the Cav's; just think back to what happen when Lbj went back; fro some reason everyone was happy in the NBA world. Given Cav's the assets to pull of a trade for Love...etc

Raidaz4Life
10-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Miami seems most likely, then Washington. I think the Lakers become serious contenders if they can show some promise/potential this season.

I agree the Lakers shot at him is most likely contingent on how they do this year.

Slug3
10-01-2015, 12:45 PM

This is big business.

Maybe Wade, but even then I don't know. But why Whiteside. Everyone on the Heat forum loves his cockiness and how full of himself he is, but that's the same reason the dude could leave if he doesn't get paid. He literally believes he could take any team he plays for and win a championship. I don't know how much I believe he could, but he really does. He is probably going to go with the biggest offer on the table.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Whiteside has been cut like 5 times since hes been in the league and like someone else said he hasnt made much in the league so there is ZERO shot he would take some big discount if he has a season that warrants a big payday. The East should appeal to KD also there are a few younger teams that he could get over the top within 1-3 years if not instantly to be a contender and he is young enough to go for something like that too.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM

With Wade maybe, tho I think Wade is probably tired of taking less for others.

But with Whiteside? That would be a shocker. Whiteside will be going on 28 next summer and he's really never made much in the NBA. Maybe around 500k after taxes so far? So I doubt he would leave even one dime on the table just to get Durant, who has probably made half a billion, his money...lol. Or postpone and take a 1 year deal or something like that. Nor should he, 27/28 is pretty old in NBA years and he should cash in while he cane.

I just find it funny when reporters put out an article talking about KD might go to Miami; but everyone ignores those articles; but as soon as an Article comes out about KD might go somewhere else that doesn't have the HEAt in it... Boom, main thread worthy.

And then posters attack HEAT fans for even thinking about KD.

But I will say, I think KD should stay with OKC, because I believe his team is stacked with talent.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/nba/7/72/932912/kevin-durant-miami-heat/

BallIsAll
10-01-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't think he's going anywhere .. Why would he leave his team. He seems like a fierce competitor and is the best player on a young talented team.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2015, 01:20 PM

A lot depends on what Kobe shows this season. KD has consistently spoken very highly of him ever since they played together on team USA. He respects his game and most of all his work ethic. Like you said if the team shows potential and then It looks like Kobe still has something in the tank I can see him riding it out with him for a year and letting Kobe pass him the torch.

It's a long shot, a lot of stuff would have to fall into place.

I tell you what isn't a long shot though, Westbrook.

I have absolutely NO doubt he will come to the Lakers the first chance he gets, Kobe or no Kobe. He's built for it, just itching to get back home.

tredigs
10-01-2015, 01:27 PM
A lot depends on what Kobe shows this season. KD has consistently spoken very highly of him ever since they played together on team USA. He respects his game and most of all his work ethic. Like you said if the team shows potential and then It looks like Kobe still has something in the tank I can see him riding it out with him for a year and letting Kobe pass him the torch.

It's a long shot, a lot of stuff would have to fall into place.

I tell you what isn't a long shot though, Westbrook.

I have absolutely NO doubt he will come to the Lakers the first chance he gets, Kobe or no Kobe. He's built for it, just itching to get back home.

With the D'Angelo draft? No, I definitely don't see that. Westbrook's a free agent in the summer of '17 and Russell is signed through 2020. We'll see what kind of person/player he develops into, but that's not a great fit at first glance.

Scoots
10-01-2015, 01:37 PM
With the D'Angelo draft? No, I definitely don't see that. Westbrook's a free agent in the summer of '17 and Russell is signed through 2020. We'll see what kind of person/player he develops into, but that's not a great fit at first glance.

Rich man's Monta Ellis with poor man's Curry :)

Pierzynski4Prez
10-01-2015, 01:46 PM
I just find it funny when reporters put out an article talking about KD might go to Miami; but everyone ignores those articles; but as soon as an Article comes out about KD might go somewhere else that doesn't have the HEAt in it... Boom, main thread worthy.

But I will say, I think KD should stay with OKC, because I believe his team is stacked with talent.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/nba/7/72/932912/kevin-durant-miami-heat/

Yes, we are all posting here because the article didn't have the Heat in it. Good detective work.

Nobodies attacking any Heat fans here. But you keep giving these unlikely scenarios and write them as if they're guaranteed to happen. You allude to Whiteside taking this enormous discount, and others like to point out the unlikeliness that is to happen and give why. You don't give any way they could fit in all those guys except "PAT" and "This is big Business."

You allude to FA's flocking to Miami because of PAT. Yes, he got LBJ (would he have without Wade though?). Others then came to the Heat because of LBJ, just like FA's followed LBJ to Cleveland because of LBJ.

Also, 1 of your links doesn't work, and the other one is a 6 month old speculation piece.

SportsFanatic13
10-01-2015, 02:11 PM
It's between OKC and DC to me. Both places make a ton of sense. I think Durant wants to get out of the West. Durant-Wall-Beal is a scary trio. DC makes sooo much sense and just to make things more interesting Durant just so happens to be from DC.

MonroeFAN
10-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes, we are all posting here because the article didn't have the Heat in it. Good detective work.

:hi5:

Slug3
10-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Well I mean most of the other teams will have the money to pay him and Miami does not. There is just nothing that can be done about it. I know Wade/bosh/Bron all took a pay cut to sign with us in 2010, but they really wanted to play together. And as much as Pat may have helped get Bosh/Bron to play in Miami, Wade and them being friends played just as big of a role.

KD and the rest of the Heat team are not that close or even close at all, and there just is not way People on the team like Wade and Whiteside will take a pay cut. Wades getting to the end of his career and wants every last penny (that's why he would have considered walking this year if Miami didn't pay him) and Whiteside just seems like a dude that would take 90 million a year and play with Scrubs and be perfectly fine if they lost every game but he got 40 touches a game.

Slug3
10-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Nobodies attacking any Heat fans here. But you keep giving these unlikely scenarios and write them as if they're guaranteed to happen. You allude to Whiteside taking this enormous discount, and others like to point out the unlikeliness that is to happen and give why. You don't give any way they could fit in all those guys except "PAT" and "This is big Business."

You allude to FA's flocking to Miami because of PAT. Yes, he got LBJ (would he have without Wade though?). Others then came to the Heat because of LBJ, just like FA's followed LBJ to Cleveland because of LBJ.

Also, 1 of your links doesn't work, and the other one is a 6 month old speculation piece.

I mean you can give Pat some credit. I don't think he is the mastermind that can go out and get every big free agent he wants. But I think he's good at getting aging Vets who still have some left in the tank to take some less to come play with his teams and be a great fit.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Um, yeah... Wade would just have to take less on his next contract and get paid on the back end. So just put an extra year or two at 15mil per, after he opts out of the contract he will sign next year. So basically, even when Wade can't play any more, he'll still be getting paid.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/72040/20150905/kevin-durant-headed-miami-heat-news-rumors-here.htm

Zach Lowe of Grantland*does details this from happening, breaking down the salary reconstruction for next year that includes moving Josh McRoberts and possibly seeing the Heat talk Wade into getting another salary cut.
With Durant likely to be offered $25 million for 2016-17, the Heat would be left with only $20 million (with McRoberts out) to offer between Wade and Hasan Whiteside.
Putting it all in perspective, it remains to be seen if Wade would be fine with a lower salary or probably $20 million again just in case Whiteside is let go.
The strategy seems a bit touché but if there is one person who can pull everything together, that is Pat Riley.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25289623/report-heat-remain-serious-about-chasing-kevin-durant-in-2016

Now comes a column from Grantland's Zach Lowe, detailing that Miami has every intention of pursuing KD in free agency next summer.
One star changes everything, and Riley gets stars. Next summer, Miami could open up nearly $40 million in cap room, and as much as $45 million if it moves McRoberts for extra cap space. That's a ton, but if Whiteside has even a solid season, it's not enough to bring back both Whiteside and Wade while signing an outside star; the Heat will not have full Bird rights on Whiteside, meaning they will have to dip into cap space to re-sign him.
Consider one example: Durant's max salary for 2016-17 will be about $25 million, leaving $15 million or $20 million to split between Wade and Whiteside. That won't do it, unless Wade takes a massive hometown discount. (By the way: Rail against the Durant rumor mill if you want, but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think Riley will set Miami up to make a run at him.)

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/06/01/report-heat-want-flexibility-to-pursue-kevin-durant/
While some may not think a core of Dragic-Wade-Bosh-Whiteside can win the whole thing (though that sure looks*like a contending core to me), adding one of the best two*or three players in Durant (when healthy) wouldn’t just make the Heat a contender but an*overwhelming favorite*regardless of what the rest of the league proffers.
How can they afford it? The NBA salary cap is going to*proliferate after next season with the league’s massive new TV deal. Some estimates peg a $22 million increase to $89*million in 2016-17 and $108 million in 2017-18. That’s a whopping 61-percent increase over a*two-year span. They can theoretically give monster deals to Dragic this summer and Whiteside the next while still being able to afford another star but only if Wade continues to play the rare game of sacrifice.
Durant was the league’s MVP in the 2013-14 season, also leading*the NBA*in Win Shares. He played in just 27 games last year because of a foot injury. When healthy, he’s one of the most feared scorers on the hardwood,*possessing a killer jumper with range — from the three-point line to the hot dog stand.
The hometown Wizards are*believed to be the early favorite if Durant opts to leave the Thunder, but*as Heat fans know,*Riley is a man with vivid*dreams.
First comes the challenge of getting Wade to “buy” in*financially as his career winds down.. Next comes Pat Riley,*The Closer.

I think these scenarios can help you see one way that Miami can do it. Also there are other ways to free up cap room.

Slug3
10-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Um, yeah... Wade would just have to take less on his next contract and get paid on the back end. So just put an extra year or two at 15mil per, after he opts out of the contract he will sign next year. So basically, even when Wade can't play any more, he'll still be getting paid.

I think these scenarios can help you see one way that Miami can do it. Also there are other ways to free up cap room.

All they are saying is Miami needs Wade to take another discount to make KD come. I mean we all know that. they can all play on 1 million dollar contracts and we can get every free agent next year as well. It doesn't mean it will happen. Wade has taken paycuts almost his whole career and his is now coming to an end. I don't think he wants to take any more. Literally the only thing Miami might be able to do is give him like 8-10 million and be like take it or leave it and hope nobody else wants to pay an aging star.

Again all these articles are saying is they need someone to take a pay cut to make it work and we all know that. None are saying WHY they would take a pay cut. Of course people want more rings, but in the end of the day Wade has 3 and if he retires with 3 that's still great.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
All they are saying is Miami needs Wade to take another discount to make KD come. I mean we all know that. they can all play on 1 million dollar contracts and we can get every free agent next year as well. It doesn't mean it will happen. Wade has taken paycuts almost his whole career and his is now coming to an end. I don't think he wants to take any more. Literally the only thing Miami might be able to do is give him like 8-10 million and be like take it or leave it and hope nobody else wants to pay an aging star.

Again all these articles are saying is they need someone to take a pay cut to make it work and we all know that. None are saying WHY they would take a pay cut. Of course people want more rings, but in the end of the day Wade has 3 and if he retires with 3 that's still great.

Pierzynski4Prez wanted options on how Miami could get KD, if everyone knows how, why ask me for my opinion on how; when we all know what needs to happen.

Also another option is to trade Bosh for a friendlier contract (getting a young star player that KD would want to grow with); but I don't know if Pat will do that.

Also I see Wade getting paid on the back end, this fake media drama that so called happened between Wade & the HEAT was so fake.

If all Wade has to do is take less next year but still get his money on the back end, then Maimi is good.

Dade County
10-01-2015, 07:17 PM
double post

kingkenny01
10-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Dc or okc no where else has a chance

Hawkeye15
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Rubio
Wiggins
Durant
whatever
Towns

derr

Silent
10-01-2015, 09:41 PM
okc was or tor

More-Than-Most
10-01-2015, 10:21 PM
he is coming to my sixers son... Okafors play will make that a reality this year. Oka/Noel/Durant makes this team amazing for years to come.

PhillySportFan
10-01-2015, 10:22 PM

Don't understand why KD needs a PG, he's a ball handler. He needs guys he can dump it down to in the post. This is why the Sixers could be an option! Obviously unlikely but as a homer that would be a beautiful thing.

ManningToTyree
10-01-2015, 11:24 PM
He stays if they reach finals. Otherwise Washington would be top alternative

Mave1002
10-02-2015, 01:34 AM
That would be insane. What does their salary cap look like?

Gordon and Anderson's [2016] exit gives them around + $22M in capspace.

Then I can see them doing more damage halfway through the regular season. Shipping Tyreke Evans ($11M) plus maybe Holiday ($10.2M) by the deadline for picks and expirings would give them extended financial flexibility moving forward. That's another +$20M.

Possible end-result (if I were the GM):

1.) Mike Conley and Bradley Beal, nuff said.
2.) Re-sign: Norris Cole
3.) Closely monitor the rehab of Joel Embiid. Low risk-Unlimited reward type of player.

Conley-Cole
Beal-???
???-Pondexter
AD-Cunningham
Embiid-Asik-Ajinca

How the hell can you not land Kevin Durant given this scenario

2-ONE-5
10-02-2015, 08:53 AM
i dont think that would be realistic for NO. You literally just gutted an entire team and created a new one including at least 3 players that are highly doubtful to leave their teams

Mave1002
10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
i dont think that would be realistic for NO. You literally just gutted an entire team and created a new one including at least 3 players that are highly doubtful to leave their teams

It all depends on what happens this season. The Pelicans will go all out and build around the highest paid basketball player in history. I'm sure guys like Conley and Durant would also go all in just to get a grasp of a ring. Time will run out if they dont get anywhere within the next two years. Teaming up with Anthony Davis, a perennial MVP would be the best shot to multiple championships.

Brad Beal is far fetched but yeah. No offense to the fans but nothing will happen in Washington, anytime soon.

Scoots
10-02-2015, 10:45 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Griz know the value of Conley.

One thing is for sure, that would be a hell of a busy offseason for the GM ... record setting maybe.

Arch Stanton
10-02-2015, 12:13 PM
He should go to the Wiz or the Warriors.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I think KD stays with Thunder. If he forces his way out then trade most likely Thunder guts the team that wants him kinda like Denver did with Melo. Empty the cupboards kinda trade. Yeah plenty mentioned KD going home to Wizards. But lots of players don't go home. So there's that. Not sure Thunder let KD get to free agency. Either extension or find out with courtesy if he wants to leave. At least Aldridge was nice enough to let Blazers know in-advance he wasn't staying.

JEDean89
10-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Washington really ****ed up that 2011 draft by taking Vesely and Singleton over guys like Kawhi, Leonard, Butler, Jackson, Vucevic, Shumpert, thompson, etc...

i always say that once a team drafts "the guy", like AD in New Orleans, or Wall in Washington, they only have a few years to get that 2nd/3rd guy before they become too good to get stacked. Look at OKC after Durant, they were able to haul in Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden, before KD got so good that they couldn't tank. Washington got Beal, but it wasn't enough. They drafted too poorly outside of those 2 guys to get over the hump they are facing now.

The Wolves are a team that I think rebuilt perfectly, and certainly the 76ers organization are looking at that Wiggins/Towns pairing with pure envy. They also have Rubio, Dieng, Lavine, Muhammed, Payne and some other guys to pair with them. That is how you rebuild.

New Orleans, IMO, ****ed up big time in trading 2 lotto picks for Jrue. They could have gotten a 2nd talent to pair with AD, and then traded future picks that wouldn't be lotto picks for a guy like Jrue. Instead, they thought they would be instant contenders after the trade. Saric and Noel would look really good on that NOP squad next to Davis, and would give them one of the meanest young front lines in the NBA.

KD should resign with OKC, simply because Westbrook is the best talent he'll ever get a chance to play with. The dude is litterally the closest thing we have to MJ/Kobe in the league right now, and is a perfect compliment to KD. With Adams, Kanter and Ibaka giving them the size they need down the line, Durant is all but guaranteed to bring a chip home one day with the squad they have. If he does leave, NY would be his best bet over LA, simply because LA would have no polished talent to fit around him. NY would have Lopez, Melo at the 4, Durant at the 3, Afflalo at the 2, and Calderon/Grant at the point. Porzingis would come off the bench, and the knicks would still have money for a Pau Gasol, a Kobe Bryant or the flexibility to make a trade for a guy like Jennings. Jennings/Afflalo/KD/Melo/Gasol, sounds like a contender to me.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-02-2015, 02:04 PM
KD should resign with OKC, simply because Westbrook is the best talent he'll ever get a chance to play with. The dude is litterally the closest thing we have to MJ/Kobe in the league right now, and is a perfect compliment to KD. With Adams, Kanter and Ibaka giving them the size they need down the line, Durant is all but guaranteed to bring a chip home one day with the squad they have. If he does leave, NY would be his best bet over LA, simply because LA would have no polished talent to fit around him. NY would have Lopez, Melo at the 4, Durant at the 3, Afflalo at the 2, and Calderon/Grant at the point. Porzingis would come off the bench, and the knicks would still have money for a Pau Gasol, a Kobe Bryant or the flexibility to make a trade for a guy like Jennings. Jennings/Afflalo/KD/Melo/Gasol, sounds like a contender to me.

TO be fair, show me a team where you can take it's 2 best players, and then add Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, and Brandon Jennings and it doesn't sound like a contender.

JEDean89
10-02-2015, 02:15 PM
^^^ the 76ers? Jennings/no one/durant/noel/gasol?

JEDean89
10-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Anthony Slater: Kevin Durant on the Lakers rumors: “I don’t talk to Stephen A Smith at all. No one in my family, my friends do. So he’s lying.” – via Twitter anthonyVslater

this is classic. stephen a is always pulling garbage out of his butt and calling it gold. he said melo and LBJ were going to LA 100%, he lies for ratings more than anyone, save maybe broussard. i think guys are fed up with the bs stories, and are going to continue calling these guys who slap an anonymous source on everything they think of.

Scoots
10-02-2015, 02:23 PM

I could see him not wanting to come to the Warriors because he's not at all likely to lead the NBA in scoring again if he's on the Warriors. Not that he wouldn't be the top option, just that he's not going to put up 25 shots a game too often in Oakland with so many other offensive options there too.

If it's about winning there is no better place than with the Warriors ... depending what it costs to get him.

2-ONE-5
10-02-2015, 02:38 PM

there is no way he should go to the WArriors. I think KD is more of a competitor and not looking to go start a superteam. Joining one other star is fine, he is with one now anyway but I dont see him going the sell out Lames route

Scoots
10-02-2015, 03:27 PM
there is no way he should go to the WArriors. I think KD is more of a competitor and not looking to go start a superteam. Joining one other star is fine, he is with one now anyway but I dont see him going the sell out Lames route

If his first priority is winning the Warriors are clearly the best choice ... but does he want to share the ball THAT much? Does he want to get out of the West so it will be easier to get to the conference finals (Washington? Miami?)? Does he want to get away from OKC where there has been so much disappointment? Does he want to go play with a buddy somewhere else (Houston?)? Does he want to play at home (Washington)?

2-ONE-5
10-02-2015, 03:50 PM
he can go to any team and make them a contender within one year or instantly, yes Sixers, Lakers, Nets included. The big market stuff isnt a factor anymore in this day and age so he doesnt have to worry about that. It all comes down to what kind of season OKC has but it goes south then i think its going to come down to the pitch from whatever teams he meets with. Personally if he does decide to leave i think he will meet with like 10 teams.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Wizards. He, Wall, Beal, Oubre are REALLY good friends

j-bay
10-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Gordon and Anderson's [2016] exit gives them around + $22M in capspace.

Then I can see them doing more damage halfway through the regular season. Shipping Tyreke Evans ($11M) plus maybe Holiday ($10.2M) by the deadline for picks and expirings would give them extended financial flexibility moving forward. That's another +$20M.

Possible end-result (if I were the GM):

1.) Mike Conley and Bradley Beal, nuff said.
2.) Re-sign: Norris Cole
3.) Closely monitor the rehab of Joel Embiid. Low risk-Unlimited reward type of player.

Conley-Cole
Beal-???
???-Pondexter
AD-Cunningham
Embiid-Asik-Ajinca

How the hell can you not land Kevin Durant given this scenario

The Wizards would resign Beal.

Dade County
10-02-2015, 04:48 PM
he can go to any team and make them a contender within one year or instantly, yes Sixers, Lakers, Nets included. The big market stuff isnt a factor anymore in this day and age so he doesnt have to worry about that. It all comes down to what kind of season OKC has but it goes south then i think its going to come down to the pitch from whatever teams he meets with. Personally if he does decide to leave i think he will meet with like 10 teams.

I dont see him meeting with 10 teams. A little wishful thinking on your part.

He wouldnt leave Westbrook to go to a team that wouldnt have more talent then OKC. KD has seen how the leauge works, if he decides to leave OKC; it would be for a team that can walk to the Finals.

Or a team that can quickly build a team that can win it all.

Dade County
10-02-2015, 04:58 PM
I think KD stays with Thunder. If he forces his way out then trade most likely Thunder guts the team that wants him kinda like Denver did with Melo. Empty the cupboards kinda trade. Yeah plenty mentioned KD going home to Wizards. But lots of players don't go home. So there's that. Not sure Thunder let KD get to free agency. Either extension or find out with courtesy if he wants to leave. At least Aldridge was nice enough to let Blazers know in-advance he wasn't staying.

I dont see most teams doing that, if KD doesnt say he will re- sign with them.

OKC will get what they can get or they would just hold on to him & he walks.

I see him in a OKC or HEAT jersey next season.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 05:06 PM
I dont see most teams doing that, if KD doesnt say he will re- sign with them.

OKC will get what they can get or they would just hold on to him & he walks.

I see him in a OKC or HEAT jersey next season.

As much as I hate to admit it, Miami would be good. The thing I would be concerned with Miami about though is if Wade will hold up.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Here is Washington. Not bad.

Gortat
Humphries
Durant,OPJR
Beal,Oubre
Wall

I'm hoping Durant could move to the 4.

Scoots
10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

I don't think KD can make any team a contender. LBJ couldn't do it by himself, neither can KD.

The big market stuff is a factor. Not nearly as much as it once was, but it is still a factor.

If KD decides he wants to leave OKC he will know withing a few destinations where he wants to go, and he will be looking at what another team is going to lose to bring him in. I could see him doing a LeBron and going to a team without a sign and trade if needed just to protect the team's assets ... he knows enough that he can prevent OKC from messing up his plans for future titles.

One interesting thought ... it seems to me he'd be less likely to go to the team that just won the title so if Houston/Wash/Miami/GSW wins it would he not want to go there and have his legacy lessened? i.e. "Durant is just riding on Curry's coat-tails to get his first ring after Curry won 2 without him." Some players care about money first, some it's their legacy first, some care about winning first last and always.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Come on Mrs Durant bring Kevin home!

j-bay
10-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Just read SAS report. Do not believe that LA is his primary destination. He would have to spend 3 years waiting for talent to develop in a tough WC.

j-bay
10-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Ranking the teams chances who are rumored to be in on Durant.
9.Brooklyn-is there really an explanation needed.
8.NYK-Phil will try it but I doubt it happens.
7.Toronto-Raptors need to pull off something big after their massive choke job.
6.Dallas-Cuban wants to win, but with what they have now I doubt he goes there.
5.LA-Going to pull out the money, but does Durant desire to win now effect the Lakers chances.
4.Miami-Wanted to put them at 3, but I see a better team for that spot. ? Is about Wade. Will he remain healthy?
3.Houston-I hate to put the Rockets in this spot. But I have to. Morey, Harden, and Dwight will definitely be recruiting him.
2.DC-A lot of factors going into this one. It's his home. He has his mom, his friends will probably be recruiting him, and so will Wall, Beal and Oubre. Add to the fact that Nene'so massive contract comes off the books, and the Zards look to be in very good shape.
OKC-They need to go deep though.

Lord Leoshes
10-03-2015, 12:20 PM
He is joining my Y M C A rec league. :eyebrow:

Vinny642
10-04-2015, 02:49 PM
He said he is going to NO to play with Davis.

j-bay
10-04-2015, 02:54 PM
He said he is going to NO to play with Davis.

Sarcasm I know. But just Davis isn't enough.

FlashBolt
10-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't think KD can make any team a contender. LBJ couldn't do it by himself, neither can KD.

The big market stuff is a factor. Not nearly as much as it once was, but it is still a factor.

If KD decides he wants to leave OKC he will know withing a few destinations where he wants to go, and he will be looking at what another team is going to lose to bring him in. I could see him doing a LeBron and going to a team without a sign and trade if needed just to protect the team's assets ... he knows enough that he can prevent OKC from messing up his plans for future titles.

One interesting thought ... it seems to me he'd be less likely to go to the team that just won the title so if Houston/Wash/Miami/GSW wins it would he not want to go there and have his legacy lessened? i.e. "Durant is just riding on Curry's coat-tails to get his first ring after Curry won 2 without him." Some players care about money first, some it's their legacy first, some care about winning first last and always.

You do realize what contender means, right? LBJ has done it for much of his career. OKC has been a contender ever since Durant hit his prime. What do you mean by contender? OKC is one of five or six teams that can truly compete for the title. That's pretty contending to me. KD can lead a team and he did so when Westbrook was out. Remember his crazy numbers while leading his team to the 2nd best record in the NBA?

Scoots
10-05-2015, 11:01 AM
You do realize what contender means, right? LBJ has done it for much of his career. OKC has been a contender ever since Durant hit his prime. What do you mean by contender? OKC is one of five or six teams that can truly compete for the title. That's pretty contending to me. KD can lead a team and he did so when Westbrook was out. Remember his crazy numbers while leading his team to the 2nd best record in the NBA?

I just don't think Durant on last year's 76ers would have been enough to give them a legit shot at the title, so no, I don't think Durant on any team instantly makes them a contender. A whole lot better yes, but nobody can win a title by themselves. LeBron is the best player of this generation and nobody would have said the Cavs had a legit shot at a title without Irving, Love, Mozgov, and Shumpert on the team too.

jason6692
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Mavs they deserve it

2-ONE-5
10-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Sarcasm I know. But just Davis isn't enough.

but Holiday, Anderson, Asik, a few other FA's moves is (of course health plays a big factor here). If they can move on from Evans (who prob increased his value some) and Gordon they could free up good money

2-ONE-5
10-05-2015, 12:14 PM
I just don't think Durant on last year's 76ers would have been enough to give them a legit shot at the title, so no, I don't think Durant on any team instantly makes them a contender. A whole lot better yes, but nobody can win a title by themselves. LeBron is the best player of this generation and nobody would have said the Cavs had a legit shot at a title without Irving, Love, Mozgov, and Shumpert on the team too.

KD doesnt make lasy years Sixers a contender for a title but prob takes the Atlantic, would be close. however this year and going forward that team would be a lot better, still not isntand title contender due to the youth of the other important players but certainly one within another year or two. Can say teh same if he were on Minny or Orlando, others too i think.

Slug3
10-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Mavs they deserve it

Because?

5ass
10-05-2015, 12:58 PM
KD doesnt make lasy years Sixers a contender for a title but prob takes the Atlantic, would be close. however this year and going forward that team would be a lot better, still not isntand title contender due to the youth of the other important players but certainly one within another year or two. Can say teh same if he were on Minny or Orlando, others too i think.

He'd have a much better chance in Orlando or Minny. Their rosters are easily more talented than the sixers. The sixes might reach their level by next draft, but for now its not really close. The only reason their records were close was because the Magic were plagued by poor coaching and the Wolves with the injuries. Really, both teams could've won 30 games last season.

2-ONE-5
10-05-2015, 01:30 PM
but they didnt and all 3 will be close in record again this year (Orlando should have best). After the season we will know how close it really is. The point was none of the teams i mentioned are playoff bound but have pieces that could fit well with KD going forward.

5ass
10-05-2015, 02:04 PM
but they didnt and all 3 will be close in record again this year (Orlando should have best). After the season we will know how close it really is. The point was none of the teams i mentioned are playoff bound but have pieces that could fit well with KD going forward.

Nah I can see the Magic fighting for the play offs this year, though they'll probably fall short. I dont see the wolves being that bad either if Rubio stays healthy I think they can win 30. Philly will be closer to 20 wins IMO.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 02:37 PM
KD isn't going to Orlando, Philly or NY. If he leaves OKC he will want to go to a place where he can win now and win for multiple years.

2-ONE-5
10-05-2015, 02:41 PM
thats wherever he goes lol.

i do think he will at least listen to some younger teams bcuz if the potential pans out that will be a long run of contention. Im still holding to he should go to NO if he were to leave OKC.

5ass
10-05-2015, 02:59 PM
KD isn't going to Orlando, Philly or NY. If he leaves OKC he will want to go to a place where he can win now and win for multiple years.

Don't see why he'd rather go to the Lakers then in that case. Like 2-one-5 said he will be able to elevate bad teams to contention. I know people dont want to talk about him going to the Magic, but...
1) no state tax (30 mill contract)
2) great fit at SF. Durant won't be asked to limit elite scorers. Gordon should be able to take care of that. He also gets to play with a post scorer and floor spacer in Vucevic. KD will be asked to do one thing, get buckets.
3) no clear leader, so it'll be his team. Payton will get him the ball.
4) very young team, so they could sustain success for a long time.
5) if the Magic make the play offs this year, their chances go up for sure.
6) Durant has praised oladipo multiple times, and Oladipo is the type of player that is willing to recruit it seems like.
7) they play in the weaker east

So while I don't think the Magic are getting KD, I think he'd at least think about it for a quick second, especially if we make the play offs.

5ass
10-05-2015, 03:02 PM
If he decides leave though he's best off looking at the Pelicans. If he plays with AD, they can dominate, and attract more FAs the following year.

I dont think he should go to Washington. Not unless Beal breaks out into an all-star. Wall isn't better than Westbrook, and the Wizards have no real long term PF/C like Ibaka.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Don't see why he'd rather go to the Lakers then in that case. Like 2-one-5 said he will be able to elevate bad teams to contention. I know people dont want to talk about him going to the Magic, but...
1) no state tax (30 mill contract)
2) great fit at SF. Durant won't be asked to limit elite scorers. Gordon should be able to take care of that. He also gets to play with a post scorer and floor spacer in Vucevic. KD will be asked to do one thing, get buckets.
3) no clear leader, so it'll be his team. Payton will get him the ball.
4) very young team, so they could sustain success for a long time.
5) if the Magic make the play offs this year, their chances go up for sure.
6) Durant has praised oladipo multiple times, and Oladipo is the type of player that is willing to recruit it seems like.
7) they play in the weaker east

So while I don't think the Magic are getting KD, I think he'd at least think about it for a quick second, especially if we make the play offs.

That's if the Magic make the playoffs. Also teams like OKC, DC, Miami, Houston, and Dallas those are the teams who will probably get KD. KD isn't going to wait 2 years for talent to fully develope. He would be taking a huge gamble.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
As for the Pelicans they are #6. I can't see them beating out the 5 teams I mentioned.

5ass
10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
That's if the Magic make the playoffs. Also teams like OKC, DC, Miami, Houston, and Dallas those are the teams who will probably get KD. KD isn't going to wait 2 years for talent to fully develope. He would be taking a huge gamble.

Miami? He's not going to walk in LeBron's footsteps. I really doubt he'll go there. Especially with Wade about to decline hard.

DC? See previous post.

Dallas? To play with a retiring Nowitzki? I dont see how that's a good option

Houston can help him win, but I doubt it happens. Its Harden's team now.

KD won't be waiting around with his arms crossed during those two years. He'll be in the play offs in his first season.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 03:42 PM
If he decides leave though he's best off looking at the Pelicans. If he plays with AD, they can dominate, and attract more FAs the following year.

I dont think he should go to Washington. Not unless Beal breaks out into an all-star. Wall isn't better than Westbrook, and the Wizards have no real long term PF/C like Ibaka.

Wall and Durant are tight. It might be his closest relationship besides Westbrook. You talk about your young talent well let me tell you about ours. John Wall is definitely better the Oladipo so we can end that conversation. You talk about how Beal needs to break out however he does very well in the playoffs. He has 8 20 point playoff games at the age of 21 and younger. Only Kobe, Parker, and Lebron have more. And I think he will improve because he is only 22. Add to the fact that he is another one of Durants good friends. Otto PortersJr is getting better. And I know for a fact that Durant is high on Oubre. You then got Nene's 13 million contract comming off the books. Once all those contracts come off the books the Wizards will have about 30 million. You then add in Durant's "true MVP". His Mother. You then add in his family and friends. You add in all those factors and the Wizards have one of the best if not the best cases in the NBA.

2-ONE-5
10-05-2015, 03:46 PM
its A LOT of pressure to go home especially for a player of KD's caliber. It hasnt worked too well for James and Melo so far although i think Melo is originally from Baltimore or something?

i also dont think Dallas or Houston has much chance to land KD.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 03:53 PM
its A LOT of pressure to go home especially for a player of KD's caliber. It hasnt worked too well for James and Melo so far although i think Melo is originally from Baltimore or something?

i also dont think Dallas or Houston has much chance to land KD.

Dallas probably not but I put them in there because it's Cuban. Houston I could see because Harden. They have a good chance unless Morey opens his big mouth.

DanG
10-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Don't see KD going to Miami. Why would he want to be compared to LeBron in every situation? Much more pressure if he goes there. Makes no sense to me.

I have it:

OKC 50%
DC 35%
LAL 15%

OKC just seems like the perfect fit as a city and as a team for him. I really hope he comes to the Lakers, but then again we don't have the talent. I don't see KD as a LA type of guy either. DC just because of Wall, Beal and it's in the eastern conference.

5ass
10-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Wall and Durant are tight. It might be his closest relationship besides Westbrook. You talk about your young talent well let me tell you about ours. John Wall is definitely better the Oladipo so we can end that conversation. You talk about how Beal needs to break out however he does very well in the playoffs. He has 8 20 point playoff games at the age of 21 and younger. Only Kobe, Parker, and Lebron have more. And I think he will improve because he is only 22. Add to the fact that he is another one of Durants good friends. Otto PortersJr is getting better. And I know for a fact that Durant is high on Oubre. You then got Nene's 13 million contract comming off the books. Once all those contracts come off the books the Wizards will have about 30 million. You then add in Durant's "true MVP". His Mother. You then add in his family and friends. You add in all those factors and the Wizards have one of the best if not the best cases in the NBA.

Where did I say Oladipo was better than Wall? Lol. I said he's not better than WESTBROOK. Wall is better than Oladipo, but Oladipo made a nice jump from one year to the second, and still has a lot of room to improve.

Anyway, Beal is still an inefficient player (play offs or no play offs). I think he can improve too. I never said it wasn't possible he becomes an all-star. I'm just saying that he needs to show improvement before anyone starts thinking of him as a star.

Otto porter JR was bound to get better. He was terrible. Still isn't good. I dont know what Oubre can do, but from what I gather he's one of the rawest rookies.

I agree with 2-one-5 some players don't want the pressure/distraction of playing in their hometown.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Where did I say Oladipo was better than Wall? Lol. I said he's not better than WESTBROOK. Wall is better than Oladipo, but Oladipo made a nice jump from one year to the second, and still has a lot of room to improve.

Anyway, Beal is still an inefficient player (play offs or no play offs). I think he can improve too. I never said it wasn't possible he becomes an all-star. I'm just saying that he needs to show improvement before anyone starts thinking of him as a star.

Otto porter JR was bound to get better. He was terrible. Still isn't good. I dont know what Oubre can do, but from what I gather he's one of the rawest rookies.

I agree with 2-one-5 some players don't want the pressure/distraction of playing in their hometown.

KD loves DC. He tweets about it at least once a week.

Scoots
10-05-2015, 04:36 PM
It comes down to whether he wants to best odds to win a title or if he wants to go somewhere to build something.

The only reasons I can see for him leaving OKC:

1. He doesn't think ownership is trying hard enough to win
2. He doesn't think the team is going to win.
3. He thinks the other guys on the team are going to leave when they are free agents.

Htownballa1622
10-05-2015, 05:40 PM

Just curious...

How do you know the parts I bolded? You think Durant is closer to Wall than he is to someone (for example) like Harden? That's just to name ONE guy (I used him as an example. I'm not saying he's coming to Houston-though he'd be smart to.)

Also, how do you know for a FACT that Durant is high on Oubre? I'm just wondering where you get this info from.

I think DC has a chance to land him but I'm curious as to how you speak of such FACTS.

Slug3
10-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Don't see KD going to Miami. Why would he want to be compared to LeBron in every situation? Much more pressure if he goes there. Makes no sense to me.

I have it:

OKC 50%
DC 35%
LAL 15%

OKC just seems like the perfect fit as a city and as a team for him. I really hope he comes to the Lakers, but then again we don't have the talent. I don't see KD as a LA type of guy either. DC just because of Wall, Beal and it's in the eastern conference.

I personally don't see him going to Miami, but when you state something like compared and pressure for Miami but still throw in your Lakers kind of bothers me. you don't think he would be compared to all the Laker greats and feel the pressure of having to win with one of the most storied franchise in the NBA?

j-bay
10-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Just curious...

How do you know the parts I bolded? You think Durant is closer to Wall than he is to someone (for example) like Harden? That's just to name ONE guy (I used him as an example. I'm not saying he's coming to Houston-though he'd be smart to.)

Also, how do you know for a FACT that Durant is high on Oubre? I'm just wondering where you get this info from.

I think DC has a chance to land him but I'm curious as to how you speak of such FACTS.

Maybe I over exaggerated on the other 2nd best friend. But Durant many time has refered to Wall as like a brother.

As for Oubre
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/06/26/how-kevin-durants-relationship-with-wizards-pick-kelly-oubre-became-a-topic-on-draft-night/

Htownballa1622
10-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Maybe I over exaggerated on the other 2nd best friend. But Durant many time has refered to Wall as like a brother.

As for Oubre
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/06/26/how-kevin-durants-relationship-with-wizards-pick-kelly-oubre-became-a-topic-on-draft-night/

Ah I gotcha.

As for that. That's cool but remember when Lebron said Napier would be the best pg from the draft and Miami took him.

How'd that go? If Kd wants DC it's for himself. Oubre would be cool for him but it really would make more of a difference if Oubre was a stud.

Durant not leaving westbrook to play with oubre. It'd be to play with more established players that can be help like wall and maybe beal.

Dade County
10-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Miami? He's not going to walk in LeBron's footsteps. I really doubt he'll go there. Especially with Wade about to decline hard.

DC? See previous post.

Dallas? To play with a retiring Nowitzki? I dont see how that's a good option

Houston can help him win, but I doubt it happens. Its Harden's team now.

KD won't be waiting around with his arms crossed during those two years. He'll be in the play offs in his first season.

Why do people do this... No one has vision, they just see a roster and can't just think about well that current roster might be shuffled around a little.

Pat is a very smart GM, you don't think that things are happening behind the scenes so if KD does show real interest in Miami, Pat wont make that extra move to pull KD 100% in?

Man, Miami is a realer option then the Wiz, KD has had 7yrs to see how the game is played behind the scenes; and you think he is going to risk going to Washington or some other small market team? That man wants RINGS!

He's going to a proven organization hands down.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Why do people do this... Know one has vision, they just see a roster and can't just think about well that current roster might be shuffled around a little.

Pat is a very smart GM, you don't think that things are happening behind the scenes so if KD does show real interest in Miami, Pat wont make that extra move to pull KD 100% in?

Man, Miami is a realer option then the Wiz, KD has had 7yrs to see how the game is played behind the scenes; and you think he is going to risk going to Washington or some other small market team? That man wants RINGS!

He's going to a proven organization hands down.

You must have not watched the Wizards since 2011.

j-bay
10-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Ah I gotcha.

As for that. That's cool but remember when Lebron said Napier would be the best pg from the draft and Miami took him.

How'd that go? If Kd wants DC it's for himself. Oubre would be cool for him but it really would make more of a difference if Oubre was a stud.

Durant not leaving westbrook to play with oubre. It'd be to play with more established players that can be help like wall and maybe beal.

I didn't say Oubre would be the main reason. Of course it would be Wall and Beal. Those 3 have a good relationship.

Dade County
10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
It comes down to whether he wants to best odds to win a title or if he wants to go somewhere to build something.

The only reasons I can see for him leaving OKC:

[QUOTE=Scoots;30390938]1. He doesn't think ownership is trying hard enough to win

They traded Harden instead of going into the Tax; no seriously ran team would have done that. HEAT?No Lakers?NO Dallas?NO Bulls?Maybe Lmao

2. He doesn't think the team is going to win.

I think he knows they can win it all, but they keep getting injured... smh

3. He thinks the other guys on the team are going to leave when they are free agents.

If KD stays West stays, don't know about Ibaka though.

Scoots
10-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Why do people do this... Know one has vision

I couldn't read the rest. Add me to the list of people who think it unlikely he goes to Miami.

Scoots
10-06-2015, 11:17 AM
They traded Harden instead of going into the Tax; no seriously ran team would have done that. HEAT?No Lakers?NO Dallas?NO Bulls?Maybe Lmao

I think he knows they can win it all, but they keep getting injured... smh

If KD stays West stays, don't know about Ibaka though.

1. LeBron left Cleveland in part because of ownership, but they got him back. It's possible OKC ownership can convince him to stay by giving him a lot more power.

2. I didn't say he didn't think they can win it all, I said that he may not think they will. In other words, despite sufficient talent outside factors keep getting in the way.

3. Westbrook has talked about playing in LA so he certainly appears open to leaving.

jason6692
10-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Because?

Because they akways get shafted fa period they gotta reel in one

Dade County
10-06-2015, 12:13 PM
I couldn't read the rest. Add me to the list of people who think it unlikely he goes to Miami.
Lmao... "*No one"

& thats fine everyone has the right to think what they want to think.

Htownballa1622
10-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Because they akways get shafted fa period they gotta reel in one

BUT yall got

CHANDLER PARZOONNZZ
DERAN WILL I AMZ
WEZLEY MATTHEWWZZ
and

JAVALE MCGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"They just have a different understanding and approach to chemistry than we do. Some teams, and that’s not just the Rockets, just put together talent and the talent takes care of itself. We think chemistry matters. "

MARK CUBAN believes in CHEMISTRY!!!:rolleyes:

Scoots
10-06-2015, 01:08 PM
BUT yall got

CHANDLER PARZOONNZZ
DERAN WILL I AMZ
WEZLEY MATTHEWWZZ
and

JAVALE MCGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"They just have a different understanding and approach to chemistry than we do. Some teams, and that’s not just the Rockets, just put together talent and the talent takes care of itself. We think chemistry matters. "

MARK CUBAN believes in CHEMISTRY!!!:rolleyes:

I wonder if it was chemistry that resulted in Josh Smith leaving town.

Htownballa1622
10-06-2015, 02:28 PM
I wonder if it was chemistry that resulted in Josh Smith leaving town.

NAh, it was probably the fact that he knew there wouldn't be many minutes for him and a shorter leash.

Terrence Jones/Donatas Motiejunas/ Montrezl Harrell
Dwight Howard/Clint Capela

Not to mention when we go small and may play Ariza, Deker and guys like that as a small ball 4.

murphturph
10-08-2015, 04:12 AM
https://twitter.com/Efawcett7/status/628376119004139520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

j-bay
10-08-2015, 09:46 AM
https://twitter.com/Efawcett7/status/628376119004139520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nice try DD, but KD isn't coming to play with Lowry.

Lord Leoshes
10-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Whitsides Cockiness is why he would stay. he would think back to every team he called on the phone for an invite & none, not one would answer his call other then the Heat.
I think that would be one reason he would give them the benefit of the doubt.