PDA

View Full Version : Analyze Derrick Rose!

Heatnation80
09-28-2015, 04:00 PM
What are to be expected from him from upcoming season? Where does he rank? go to guy?

He is one of those guys I just can't predict for the upcoming season. When healthy he was better than K.D and Westbrook but that's been a while ago now.

sep11ie
09-28-2015, 04:13 PM
When healthy he is not better than K.D. but good try.

Ty Fast
09-28-2015, 04:27 PM
What are to be expected from him from upcoming season? Where does he rank? go to guy?

He is one of those guys I just can't predict for the upcoming season. When healthy he was better than K.D and Westbrook but that's been a while ago now.

The only guy better than KD is Lebron

SportsFanatic10
09-28-2015, 04:28 PM

Wait... what???

Anyways, I see him possibly being a boarderline allstar at best from now on. I don't expect him to ever return to his peak from before the knee injuries, but we'll see. Hopefully he can avoid anymore serious injurys for a while at least and build some consistent playing time momentum. Only then will we see what he truely has left, It's too hard for him to play his best when he's in and out so often and often out for long stretches. If that changes this year then we'll get a good read on his current game.

BHF
09-28-2015, 04:37 PM
He was never better than KD or Westbrook

Kyben36
09-28-2015, 04:38 PM

Post injury, this previous year, he has shown flashes of his former self, but few and far between his 3pt chucking. he seems to think that he is a great 3pt shooter, taking more 3s per game then he needs to be, he should be taking 3 at max, but unfortunatly jacks up alot of shots that are bad in the shot clock and bad in terms of the team. that said, we will have to see what happens this year, he will either come back, or continue on his poor path.

Kyben36
09-28-2015, 04:39 PM
MVP Derrick rose is probably better than Westbrook, but not KD.

FlashBolt
09-28-2015, 04:49 PM
MVP Rose was never better than Westbrook and certainly not KD. That's just ridiculous... As for Rose himself, he will be a borderline top ten PG probably. Certainly he won't ever be a top five again considering we have:

Wall
Irving
Curry
CP3
Westbrook

I still think Jimmy is the best player on that team and that Rose should feed off him (tough to do since he's the PG), but there is really no way Rose was a better player last season. His injuries really screwed the Bulls up since he was always on/off.

Chronz
09-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Definitely never better than KD and he and RWB were in the same tier.

As for D-Rose today, hes not that different athletically but he doesn't play with that wreckless abandon anymore, he paces himself at a level that his skillset cannot match (hence more 3's) but if you look at his stats come 4th quarter, its like vintage Rose is back. He starts attacking the lane FAR more often, so I think its a mental hurdle he has to overcome, either that or he becomes a lights out shooter. Hes still a good closer IMO.

mrblisterdundee
09-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah; the Durant comparison was pretty silly. But if healthy for the long-term, Derrick Rose can be an all-star again, same as Joakim Noah. The Bulls actually have four players good enough to be all-stars, if healthy, between Rose, Noah, Jimmy Butler and Pau Gasol.
If Rose and Noah return to form, Chicago's better than Miami or Atlanta and can probably compete with Cleveland.

More-Than-Most
09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
I wouldnt even have him in my top 10 pgs... and the notion he was ever better than Durant? Seriously?

OlivaThor
09-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Rose should played 3rd string to Butler and Gason on offense. He is not the player that he was 3 years ago and he should play to his limits. He will be in tier 3 pgs.
1st tier Curry Westbrook, Cp
2nd tier Irving, Conley, Wall
3rd tier Rose, Bledsoe, Payton, Teague, ...

MonroeFAN
09-29-2015, 08:03 AM
What a goofy topic.

I don't think he has ever been better than Westbrook, and Durant is just silly.

shep33
09-29-2015, 08:48 AM
I wouldnt even have him in my top 10 pgs... and the notion he was ever better than Durant? Seriously?

Agreed. He's not a top 30 player. Hell hes like the 3rd best player on his team, maybe 4th.

koreancabbage
09-29-2015, 09:19 AM
MVP Derrick rose is probably better than Westbrook, but not KD.

like 3 years ago.

Current Westbrook > MVP Ros

PhillyFaninLA
09-29-2015, 09:47 AM
If Rose isn't playing scared or hesitant and his speed and athleticism are what it was then he'll be one of the better PG in the game

pacofunk64
09-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Honestly I don't care anymore about what he is or what he could be. He just needs to show up on the court and play ball. I don't know that he will ever be the MVP Rose which is not what we need. We just need him to be a good PG and stop turning the damn ball over.

I like Rose but I'm starting to get tired of the DRose act to be honest.

MonroeFAN
09-29-2015, 11:13 AM
"MVP-Rose"

I'll never forgive the NBA for doing that.

Nycbball08
09-29-2015, 11:14 AM
The only thing he's better at than KD is getting injured!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2015, 12:03 PM
MCW did a decent job containing Rose in the playoffs. Rose only had that one monster game of 34. But he was feeling it from 3 point land that game. But he played 48 minutes as well and was tired rest of the series.

flea
09-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Definitely never better than KD and he and RWB were in the same tier.

As for D-Rose today, hes not that different athletically but he doesn't play with that wreckless abandon anymore, he paces himself at a level that his skillset cannot match (hence more 3's) but if you look at his stats come 4th quarter, its like vintage Rose is back. He starts attacking the lane FAR more often, so I think its a mental hurdle he has to overcome, either that or he becomes a lights out shooter. Hes still a good closer IMO.

Here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=rosede01&match=single&year_id=2015&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=6&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg) is his shooting with 6 minutes left in the 4th and here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=rosede01&match=single&year_id=2015&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg) it is for the entire 4th quarter. 2PT% about the same as his overall line, but what stands out to me is the low IQ chucking he does that kills anything good he's doing. He can get into the paint and converts at a pretty solid level but he offers basically nothing in the way of playmaking (other than kickouts) and he's just as likely to shoot a 20% conversion rate 3 pointer late in games as he is to get to the rim.

I think his low IQ is going to keep him as a role player from here on out unless he quits with the 3s - it's hard to win with such lack of awareness from your primary ballhandler. It's like someone told him midrange shots are bad so now he just shoots guarded 3 pointers as if that's better. Players like him and Westbrook are the types of guards who should shoot a lot of midrange shots unless they are very good 3 point shooters for some reason.

FlashBolt
09-29-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm not the only guy who saw Rose chuck up threes when there are better options to score points. He's still explosive at certain spots but a PG who can't shoot and is always injured, is going to be a liability at the end of the day. They should have traded him tbh. Firing Thibs when he had to work with an injured franchise star for three years and then develop guys like Deng/Butler only to get fired? Bummer.

Holydiver
09-29-2015, 12:47 PM
he got paid and quit trying. his only thought is about money and retirement. he has no heart, he is a disgrace to Chicago. fanboys on this forum still defend him but that is just hard to understand after all his ********.

PhillyFaninLA
09-29-2015, 01:06 PM
he got paid and quit trying. his only thought is about money and retirement. he has no heart, he is a disgrace to Chicago. fanboys on this forum still defend him but that is just hard to understand after all his ********.

I don't think you can call a bunch of injuries no heart.....how is he a disgrace

FlashBolt
09-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I don't think you can call a bunch of injuries no heart.....how is he a disgrace

He was cleared to play but didn't play because he didn't "feel" right. Thibs has called him out as well. Point is, Kobe would have played because he had the heart to gut it out. Rose went out clubbing after the Bulls lost a game 6 vs the Nets. Really?

MonroeFAN
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Now he is making headlines about how much he's looking forward to getting paid.

Dude is a wanksta.

SportsFanatic10
09-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Now he is making headlines about how much he's looking forward to getting paid.

Dude is a wanksta.

I was surprised he'd make those comments when I saw them. Guys got 2 years left at over 40m on his current deal and he's talking about cashing in on his next one already. Like hasn't he stolen enough money from the Bulls by now.

nycericanguy
09-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I was surprised he'd make those comments when I saw them. Guys got 2 years left at over 40m on his current deal and he's talking about cashing in on his next one already. Like hasn't he stolen enough money from the Bulls by now.

Rose strikes me as one of those guys that was all about ball growing up and all he did was ball.. but was realllllly slow outside of ball. So I think he just says dumb stuff that others are thinking but won't say.

He basically sounded like he's going to go all out the next two to get that next contract... which is buyer beware for the next team that pays him big money.

Chronz
09-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=rosede01&match=single&year_id=2015&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=6&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg) is his shooting with 6 minutes left in the 4th and here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=rosede01&match=single&year_id=2015&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg) it is for the entire 4th quarter. 2PT% about the same as his overall line, but what stands out to me is the low IQ chucking he does that kills anything good he's doing. He can get into the paint and converts at a pretty solid level but he offers basically nothing in the way of playmaking (other than kickouts) and he's just as likely to shoot a 20% conversion rate 3 pointer late in games as he is to get to the rim.

I think his low IQ is going to keep him as a role player from here on out unless he quits with the 3s - it's hard to win with such lack of awareness from your primary ballhandler. It's like someone told him midrange shots are bad so now he just shoots guarded 3 pointers as if that's better. Players like him and Westbrook are the types of guards who should shoot a lot of midrange shots unless they are very good 3 point shooters for some reason.
Yikes, thats pretty bad, maybe the numbers I saw were outdated by the end of the year but its also about how he attacks come 4th quarters, particularly in close games. No other player sees as great of a disparity in his drives per minute than Rose does come 4th quarters. And even if the individual %'s are the same, when he attacks and draws a crowd, those misses more often lead to offensive putbacks or extra possessions. The Bulls are a better team when he plays this way, those kick outs are very valuable but he paces himself for most of the gm. Bulls were a dominant 4th quarter team for a stretch.

c.c.
09-29-2015, 02:11 PM
1st tier Curry Westbrook, Cp
2nd tier Irving, Conley, Wall
3rd tier Rose, Bledsoe, Payton, Teague, ...

Your third tier should be a 4th tier and Payton should not even be mentioned.

3rd tier should be:

Lowery
Lillard
Parker

shep33
09-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Your third tier should be a 4th tier and Payton should not even be mentioned.

3rd tier should be:

Lowery
Lillard
Parker

Curry, Russy, CP3
Wall, Irving, Conley
Lillary, Parker, Lowry
Teague, Bledsoe, Dragic

I think they're all better than Rose at this point

Holydiver
09-29-2015, 07:06 PM
his doctors told him he could play, the bulls beat the heat game 1, he sat on his *** and refused to go to war with his team when he was clear to play, end of story. I've been a bulls fan since the 70's and I hate the guy.

Holydiver
09-29-2015, 07:09 PM

don't forget the rape of Adidas.

now he blames the devil for the lawsuit of rape, yet the devil was certainly involved in the orgy he participated in and admitted to in court docs. :smoking:

Shammyguy3
09-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Curry, Russy, CP3
Wall, Irving, Conley
Lillary, Parker, Lowry
Teague, Bledsoe, Dragic

I think they're all better than Rose at this point

you can put the declining Tony Parker, the young Oladipo, the drunk Ty Lawson on that list too. Then you have guys that had decent seasons last year where they should even improve or maintain their level of play which are superior to the current Derrick (Knight, Jackson, George Hill, Isaiah Thomas, Jrue Holiday)

Rose is in the category of Rubio, Rondo, Kemba, Collison until he proves otherwise.

tredigs
09-29-2015, 07:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQMBs6kCUAAMR9p.jpg

nycericanguy
09-29-2015, 08:13 PM

:laugh:

don't post for the rest of the day, go out Costanza style!

Shammyguy3
09-29-2015, 10:49 PM

fabulous :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
09-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Injured.

FlashBolt
09-29-2015, 11:19 PM
They need to investigate this dude.. sounds to me like he's trying to get paid to do nothing. Making every excuse to run away from basketball... what a joke!

jmartin80
09-30-2015, 12:13 AM
I evaluate this guy as the highest paid mascot in Chicago History.

Congrats?

FlashBolt
09-30-2015, 12:18 AM
I evaluate this guy as the highest paid mascot in Chicago History.

Congrats?

So is that a good thing for Chicago basketball or bad?

c.c.
09-30-2015, 12:25 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2432526-derrick-rose-injury-updates-on-bulls-stars-orbital-fracture-and-return

Looks like he's hurt AGAIN!

Saddletramp
09-30-2015, 04:13 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2432526-derrick-rose-injury-updates-on-bulls-stars-orbital-fracture-and-return

Looks like he's hurt AGAIN!

WaitWaitWait..... According to Taj Gibson, it was a "little elbow" and Gibson wasn't sure who connected, it "might have even been" him. "Might have even been" him? How do you not know as soon as it happened? Unless this was a little tap that somehow, I dunno, grew or something, I'd imagine that play would've been stopped and whomever had their ****ing elbow connect with Rose's face would've known immediately who it was.

It almost sounds like Gibson is in total disrespect mode and making it sound like the elbow was nothing:

"He got a little elbow. We donít know the severity of it, but hopefully heíll be fine. I know heís tough, but it was one of those plays, especially in practice, where everybodyís going hard. Itís just tough.

I donít know [who got him]. It might have been me. It was just one of those plays where everybodyís going so hard, and itís real physical out there. Hopefully heíll be OK."

PhillyFaninLA
09-30-2015, 08:01 AM
his doctors told him he could play, the bulls beat the heat game 1, he sat on his *** and refused to go to war with his team when he was clear to play, end of story. I've been a bulls fan since the 70's and I hate the guy.

This is why I asked....I just forgot about that.