PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennett

TheNumber37
09-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Wolves working on a buyout

Officially a bust?

2013 was a weak draft, but it seems the Cavs could have walked away with a better prospect

OlivaThor
09-21-2015, 08:13 PM
I donīt know what is wrong with him. Sure hype around 1st pick is always big but everybody knows that 2013 wasnīt 2003. I hope that he goes to the Raptors and will be rotation player here

JEDean89
09-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Wow, kid still has a shot. he needs to decide if he wants to ball or not, cause he can be a great player. if he can get his offensive game like draymond, and focus on his defense, he can be very valuable. I think there are a number of teams that will try and make a bid. Imagine the dude ending up somewhere like the Spurs, they could really use high upside young guys. Would learn from the best, and could play next to Kawhi and Aldridge one day.

deaner
09-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Probably better than 60 percent chance he ends up on the raptors.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2015, 09:33 PM
He's still young and even if he wasn't a #1 pick, he was still lottery/top 6 talent that draft (whether or not you think it was weak) and he still has potential.

Though his career is off to a terrible start. At least some other #1 made it in a rotation even if they were bust like Bargnani or Kandi.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Wow, kid still has a shot. he needs to decide if he wants to ball or not, cause he can be a great player. if he can get his offensive game like draymond, and focus on his defense, he can be very valuable. I think there are a number of teams that will try and make a bid. Imagine the dude ending up somewhere like the Spurs, they could really use high upside young guys. Would learn from the best, and could play next to Kawhi and Aldridge one day.

His defense is terrible though. It's pretty much the reason he can't last in the league.

GunFactor187
09-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Really feel bad for the kid, thought he could have been a really solid role player for the Wolves. Needs to get his fitness on point and definitely improve on defense.

BigBuckley
09-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Man I don't EVEN feel bad for him. Dude has played terrible. His only skill is occasionally dunking super hard, and that will not keep you in the league.

slaker619
09-21-2015, 11:34 PM
I feel like he needs one more shot like maybe the Knicks or Pacers pick him up

Pierzynski4Prez
09-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Hard to feel bad for a guy who will have made 16+ million (after buyout) for 1500 minutes of gametime.

JasonJohnHorn
09-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Though the Raptors might be the most sentimental pick, what he needs is a team that will be tanking this year; an awful team with no real scoring option. That is the only way he's going to get a chance to develop.

That said... I don't remember a lot of people having him much more than 5th overall in mock drafts.... people were shocked when the Cavs picked him first, and for good reason. That was an awful pick. No offence to him. I hope he pans out.

Tony_Starks
09-22-2015, 11:43 AM
He would be a perfect fit to the Philly culture.....

Arch Stanton
09-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Though the Raptors might be the most sentimental pick, what he needs is a team that will be tanking this year; an awful team with no real scoring option. That is the only way he's going to get a chance to develop.

That said... I don't remember a lot of people having him much more than 5th overall in mock drafts.... people were shocked when the Cavs picked him first, and for good reason. That was an awful pick. No offence to him. I hope he pans out.

Chris Grant... ugh!!!!

Vee-Rex
09-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Wish we had gotten lucky and won the number 1 overall in the 2012 draft instead of 2013.

That was a TERRIBLE pick for sure. I was pushing for Nerlens at the time (even with the injury). Chris Grant sucked so much. I'm much happier with David Griffin.

SensandRaps
09-22-2015, 01:09 PM
either the raps or the blazers imo

BullySixChicago
09-22-2015, 01:20 PM
If defense is his issue heck half the NBA players would be on the block

Hawkeye15
09-22-2015, 01:21 PM
So far, he is a mental midget. Just doesn't have what it takes to play in the NBA.

Maybe he becomes a role player at some point, but right now he is a waste of a roster spot making $7 million a year.

greg_ory_2005
09-22-2015, 01:54 PM
I would guess Philly. I'm sure he's looking for some playing time and the raptors won't give him much of that

Shkelqim
09-22-2015, 02:08 PM
He just sucks

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Man Cleveland sure botched a couple picks. They were gift wrapped tons of top lottery picks after LeBron left. Can you imagine if they drafted better and then luring LeBron back? They probably had a ring last year. Yeah you can use the injury excuse I guess with Love and Irving out. But still think they would of lost. Wiggins for Love still bad trade.

Arch Stanton
09-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Man Cleveland sure botched a couple picks. They were gift wrapped tons of top lottery picks after LeBron left. Can you imagine if they drafted better and then luring LeBron back? They probably had a ring last year. Yeah you can use the injury excuse I guess with Love and Irving out. But still think they would of lost. Wiggins for Love still bad trade.

Gifted... come on!
To be fair the 2013 draft wasn't all that great. But I hated the Anthony Bennett pick and didn't like the Waiters pick at the time either.
Disagree on Wiggins for Love now that Love has signed long term. Love stretches the floor and Wiggins does not. Wiggins probably wouldn't have developed as quickly playing on the Cavs last year.

0nekhmer
09-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Would be nice for Raptors to get him, and at a really cheap price. He'd definitely feel more comforted by family and friends and could start over.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Is there something behind the scenes why Wolves buying him out? Is he bad locker room guy they don't want near other players or they just need roster spot badly? Seems a bit odd. Thought him and Wiggins were close?

braidster#1
09-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Is there something behind the scenes why Wolves buying him out? Is he bad locker room guy they don't want near other players or they just need roster spot badly? Seems a bit odd. Thought him and Wiggins were close?

They needed to get rid of a contract as they had too many for opening day roster. That and the fact they have a logjam of players ahead of him his contract made the most sense.

mngopher35
09-22-2015, 11:34 PM
They needed to get rid of a contract as they had too many for opening day roster. That and the fact they have a logjam of players ahead of him his contract made the most sense.

Yup, this is correct. I am not sure but he may actually have wanted out as well to get a better chance.

We have 15 guaranteed contracts now even without Bennett and KG, Payne, Bjelica and even Towns/Dieng may get some pt at the power forward position so there just isn't room for him.

PhillyFaninLA
09-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Bring him to Philly...he can play SF....he would probably have his best chance to really play, and Brown has done a nice job developing Noles...he showed some offense toward the final quarter of the season and his defense was enough to get him in talks for ROY and I believe he got 1 third place dpoy.

I'm bias but I also think no one can give him the chance to play like we can and with Noles defense, and Okafer and Stauskus Bennet wouldn't have pressure on him for offense or defense and can just have his game start to come together...that is assuming he has heart.

Arch Stanton
09-25-2015, 05:18 PM
@GoodmanESPN: Former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett is expected to clear waivers and sign with Toronto, source close to situation told ESPN.

TheNumber37
09-25-2015, 06:00 PM
You got to have versatile SKills to play in today's NBA. Bennett is a uncoordinated linebacker

dalton749
09-25-2015, 06:29 PM
the raptors 3rd string unit will be the most interesting in the nba
delon wright- 6'5 defensive point, rondo-like ceiling potential
norman powell- 6'4 defensive combo guard 6'11 wingspan- bledsoe-like ceiling potential
bruno caboclo- 6'10 3/4 with 7'7 wingspan- tayshaun prince-like potential
anthony bennett- hopefully he can avoid busting with no more pressure
lucas noguiera- 7'0 with 7'7 wingspan- defensive anchor type potential

not saying any of these will happen, but hopefully 1 of the 5 reaches what theyre capable of

Raps18-19 Champ
09-25-2015, 08:06 PM
There's no playing time in Toronto. He should have gone to Philly.

slashsnake
09-26-2015, 02:20 PM
There's no playing time in Toronto. He should have gone to Philly.

But the Delaware 87ers already are pretty stocked at PF. Bennett has a shot with the Raptors 905 starting their inaugural season this year to get some D league time... lol

Raps18-19 Champ
09-26-2015, 07:54 PM
But the Delaware 87ers already are pretty stocked at PF. Bennett has a shot with the Raptors 905 starting their inaugural season this year to get some D league time... lol

Makes much more sense to go to Europe than Raptors 905 (though Raptors 905 is near his hometown).

McAllen Tx
09-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Anthony Bennett/NBA = JaMarcus Russell/NFL

slashsnake
09-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Makes much more sense to go to Europe than Raptors 905 (though Raptors 905 is near his hometown).

Yeah I was kidding, lets hope it doesn't get that bad for him. I am still wondering what the heck happened to his game. College he could take a small forward off the dribble with the crossover. Pro he looks just lost.